HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nikolai Kulemin in a Coyotes sweater

Old
11-29-2010, 04:57 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieRunsValhalla View Post
I'd rather have a #1 centre then a 2-3 line 2-way average winger
whos the number one center?

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 05:03 PM
indczn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmEagle View Post
I'm a big fan of Turris and I wish he wasen't rushed. However at this point I don't think Turris will be a top line centre. I believe he'll be a good offensive second line centre.

Kulemin is also not a third liner, he's established and should be a very solid second line winger throughout his career with potential to be a thirty goal scorer(on pace for over twenty-five this season). Which isn't exactly the production of an average winger. Kulemin is also very well-rounded with great defensive play.

Just wondering what Phoenix fans would move Turris for if they would be willing to? Do you think Maloney would consider using him as a piece in a trade?
Turris should only be moved for a legitimate 1st line player. That is our biggest need. Kulemin is not that player. Hes fine, but he provides nothing we don't already have. Sure hes a minor upgrade over some of our depth fodder, but hes not enough of an upgrade to justify burning a highly talented prospect(who has top line potential). The net benefit just isn't there.

Furthermore, the coyotes are winning without Turris being a factor. There's time to be patient.

indczn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 05:08 PM
TheNorthFace
Mo and Willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by indczn View Post
Turris should only be moved for a legitimate 1st line player. That is our biggest need. Kulemin is not that player. Hes fine, but he provides nothing we don't already have. Sure hes a minor upgrade over some of our depth fodder, but hes not enough of an upgrade to justify burning a highly talented prospect(who has top line potential). The net benefit just isn't there.

Furthermore, the coyotes are winning without Turris being a factor. There's time to be patient.
That's what I thought. I think Phoenix will be happy they waited in a year or two.

TheNorthFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 05:10 PM
Kaibur

Turris put up 63 points in 73 games as a 20 year old in San Antonio last year as the AHL club's #1 center. With the way Tippett rolls 3 scoring lines, the Yotes don't have a clearly differentiated 1, 2 and 3 lines. With that said, we'd like to see Turris develop to be the #1 by the time he's 23 or so.

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 05:49 PM
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABgunners13 View Post
whos the number one center?
Turris, duh.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 05:56 PM
bringthecuphome

Turris plus a 3rd.

bringthecuphome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 07:16 PM
sacred

Boedker or Turris

sacred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 07:20 PM
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea

vCash: 50
I'm pretty sure it would be Kulemin+ for Turris

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 07:31 PM
Dark Knight
We The North !!

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it would be Kulemin+ for Turris
Maybe. It all comes down to pro-scouting and how they value talent. It'll be a risky move for Toronto. Turris hasn't proved anything yet, while Kulemin has slowly emerged a PF for us.

11-29-2010, 08:05 PM
hockeystick89

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmEagle View Post
I'm a big fan of Turris and I wish he wasen't rushed. However at this point I don't think Turris will be a top line center. I believe he'll be a good offensive second line center.

Kulemin is also not a third liner, he's established and should be a very solid second line winger throughout his career with potential to be a thirty goal scorer(on pace for over twenty-five this season). Which isn't exactly the production of an average winger. Kulemin is also very well-rounded with great defensive play.

Just wondering what Phoenix fans would move Turris for if they would be willing to? Do you think Maloney would consider using him as a piece in a trade?
So why is it we want to trade him again?

hockeystick89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 08:13 PM
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
I'd rather have a #1 centre then a 2-3 line 2-way average winger
how can you call someone a #1 C who isn't a #1 C?

i get it, his potential is to be a top 6 C, or top line C...but he is not a top line C NOW.

i watch every Yotes game and he spent a lot of nights centering the 4th line, getting VERY limited minutes.

when Belanger, Hanzal & Fiddler are getting more ice time than you, you're not anywhere near a number 1 center.

i would like to acquire Upshall, but not for Kulemin. hopefully he makes it to free agency. Upshall-Hanson-Armstrong could be a very good third line next season.

Baba Ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 08:16 PM
TheNorthFace
Mo and Willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeystick89 View Post
So why is it we want to trade him again?
I certainly don't want him to be moved. He plays hard every shift, is pretty skilled, and is exactly what you want from a second line winger.

TheNorthFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 08:18 PM
Stan Dupcomic
Thank you come again

Why do people want to trade Kulemin for Turris? He's a former 3rd overall pick but I'm not sure if his value is where it used to be.

Stan Dupcomic is offline   Reply With Quote