HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A question for Rangers season ticket holders...

Old
07-24-2011, 03:54 PM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
A question for Rangers season ticket holders...

Im going into my Junior year in high school and my father said he would consider buying season tixs for both of us for my senior year, depending on the pricing.. I was wondering if the prices spike up every year and i realize it probably will when the renovation is complete
Thanks

Ave Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 03:58 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

I believe they do, also you probably can't get anything at all in the 300s or 400s. My dad just tried to get 2, and nothing in those sections were available. Guy said it'll help your chances in the future if you get a partial plan, which we intend on doing. Just waiting to see what the packages are.

Ih8theislanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 04:02 PM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
I believe they do, also you probably can't get anything at all in the 300s or 400s. My dad just tried to get 2, and nothing in those sections were available. Guy said it'll help your chances in the future if you get a partial plan, which we intend on doing. Just waiting to see what the packages are.
ight, and i saw on StubHub they were selling season tickets but it looks iffy. Btw i dont think u remember me but im Fabrizio's friend from EC, we played NHL 10 last year for a short stint, just to let u know.

Old
07-24-2011, 04:02 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4tehwin95 View Post
Im going into my Junior year in high school and my father said he would consider buying season tixs for both of us for my senior year, depending on the pricing.. I was wondering if the prices spike up every year and i realize it probably will when the renovation is complete
Thanks
I think it will be difficult getting seats anywhere in the upper bowl for a long time. The lower bowl will probably be the only tickets available because they are so overpriced.

07-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

I had season tix last year. they were 230 a pop (my family owned them, not me lol) and with the renovation, they are now going up to 290. I think that answers your question.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 04:09 PM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
I had season tix last year. they were 230 a pop (my family owned them, not me lol) and with the renovation, they are now going up to 290. I think that answers your question.
where were u sitting?

Old
07-24-2011, 04:11 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
where were u sitting?
123, but that is besides the point. Although those are expensive seats, you can bet your ass that the whole arena is going up in price. Maybe not by $60 like my seats, but prices are rising in the whole arena. Soon, chicken fingers and fries are gonna be $20

Old
07-24-2011, 04:12 PM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

Quote:
123, but that is besides the point. Although those are expensive seats, you can bet your ass that the whole arena is going up in price. Maybe not by $60 like my seats, but prices are rising in the whole arena. Soon, chicken fingers and fries are gonna be $20
thats true, and its a 35% or so increase, by estimation

Old
07-24-2011, 04:15 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
thats true, and its a 35% or so increase, by estimation
Mine went up 95%...from $108/ticket to $210. I moved over a section so that they are only $120/ticket. lol What a rip.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 04:18 PM
patnyrnyg

Like others have said, you won't be able to get anything in the 300's or 400's, which will soon be known as the upper bowl. Your best bet, would be to connect with a season ticket holder who sells a decent amount of games and buy from them.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 04:18 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Mine went up 95%...from $108/ticket to $210. I moved over a section so that they are only $120/ticket. lol What a rip.
My seats got relocated due to the renovations, but luckily for me, they got moved like 4 rows back and a little to the left, basically one section over, still center ice. Can you believe there are people who had center ice and got moved behind the net...

Old
07-24-2011, 04:22 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
My seats got relocated due to the renovations, but luckily for me, they got moved like 4 rows back and a little to the left, basically one section over, still center ice. Can you believe there are people who had center ice and got moved behind the net...
Yeah, that sucks. I guess it could be worse...they could have had their new (crappier seats) cost more than their old (good) ones. Keep it up Dolan...it's like they're begging people to dump their subscriptions.

Old
07-24-2011, 04:24 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
ight, and i saw on StubHub they were selling season tickets but it looks iffy. Btw i dont think u remember me but im Fabrizio's friend from EC, we played NHL 10 last year for a short stint, just to let u know.
On stubhub you won't get the full season package at a decent price after the 10% fee, but more importantly you don't get any playoff rights or season ticket holder benefits (fanfest, skate party, signed memorabilia, etc...)

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 04:34 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Honestly the spike in prices is ****ing ********. Ranger games have been delagated to business deals and rich snotty people. Slowly but surely, the regular middle class man will be priced out by the greed.

This is the reason that MSG does not have that bang that it used to, the diehard working class people are unable to afford the increase in prices.

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 04:43 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
This is the reason that MSG does not have that bang that it used to, the diehard working class people are unable to afford the increase in prices.
This is true, the diehards have been priced from going to as many games as they used to

Quote:
Honestly the spike in prices is ****ing ********. Ranger games have been delagated to business deals and rich snotty people. Slowly but surely, the regular middle class man will be priced out by the greed.
There's always the secondary market. As these lower bowl prices, there should be plenty of tickets available below face value on ticketexchange and stubhub

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 05:05 PM
patnyrnyg

Friday, I was supposed to go to the Yankee game with my brother in law. Wound up not going, but his plan was to buy the tickets on Stub Hub around 3pm. Out of curiosity I checked at about 4. Saw upper deck tickets for $4 each, and Infield Field MVP for $65 each. Those for day of game sales are $325 through the box office. My brother in law has been to over 20 games this season (including Red Sox games), has always bought at around 3pm the day of the game on stub hub, and has paid less than face value everytime. While I do not think you'll see ridiculous discounts like that for the Rangers, in time you will be able to get lower seats for a lot less than face value if you wait for that day to purchase. The demand is not great enough to justify those ridiculous prices.

Old
07-24-2011, 05:06 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
This is true, the diehards have been priced from going to as many games as they used to

There's always the secondary market. As these lower bowl prices, there should be plenty of tickets available below face value on ticketexchange and stubhub
well, the ticket exchange will not allow you to sell for less than face, but stubhub certainly does.

Old
07-24-2011, 05:09 PM
NYRSchrute217

The 400's has become impossible to get. Luckily I'm on the blue line and not paying ridiculous center ice prices. I'm never letting the seats go though, I just hope they don't become $50+ after the renovations.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 05:14 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

It will be impossible for you to get season tickets in the 300s or 400s...UNLESS you have a partial plan first and something would luckily open up but there is a line for that. Not to mention the fact that I can 100 percent guarantee you upper bowl (300s and 400s) price will rise after this season when the upper bowl will be new.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 05:16 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
The 400's has become impossible to get. Luckily I'm on the blue line and not paying ridiculous center ice prices. I'm never letting the seats go though, I just hope they don't become $50+ after the renovations.
I consider it a given that they will be $50 plus next summer.

Old
07-24-2011, 05:30 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:

I'm sorry, but I kind of take offense to this. Just because my family can afford the tickets we have, doesn't make me any less of a Ranger fan. Whether I sit in section 123, or 423, I'm still a diehard. I have my own blog and bleed blue till I die. Heck, I post on a god damn hockey forum for the Rangers non-stop. I don't appreciate me and my family being called a snotty rich person/people just because my family can afford these seats. Now I know you are going to say it was directed at the businesses and the business men, but it doesn't matter, your comment was rude and unwarranted.

The Garden was rocking last season and it will be rocking even more next season. Just because we can afford our seats doesn't make us any less of Ranger fans.

Last edited by Clowes Line: 07-24-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old
07-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:

weird (double post)

Last edited by Brooklyn Ranger: 07-24-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Brooklyn Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I kind of take offense to this. Just because my family can afford the tickets we have, doesn't make me any less of a Ranger fan. Whether I sit in section 123, or 423, I'm still a diehard. I have my own blog and bleed blue till I die. Heck, I post on a god damn hockey forum for the Rangers non-stop. I don't appreciate me and my family being called a snotty rich person/people just because my family can afford these seats. Now I know you are going to say it was directed at the businesses and the business men, but it doesn't matter, your comment was rude and unwarranted.

The Garden was rocking last season and it will be rocking even more next season. Just because we can afford our seats doesn't make us any less of Ranger fans.
I would feel more sympathy for you if you were actually paying for your own tickets. As someone who has been going to Rangers games since the 1960s (and paying for my own games since high school-- granted they were $5 in those days--although that was a lot money for me and I couldn't afford to go a lot), I can tell you that there has been a big change in composition of the crowd and the way they interact with the game. There are so many distractions now--when I young they didn't have any music--and even in the 300s, so many people spend so much time playing with their "smart" phones, I'm surprised when they look up and watch the game for a minute or two.

You can rant all you want, but the reality is hockey is becoming too expensive for its audience. And in spite of what the suits on 6th Avenue will say during the next CBA talks, all the owners care about is the profit that goes into their pockets. It's the American way.

Last edited by Brooklyn Ranger: 07-24-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Brooklyn Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 07:39 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Chris's cousin?

Ih8theislanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
I would feel more sympathy for you if you were actually paying for your own tickets. As someone who has been going to Rangers games since the 1960s (and paying for my own games since high school-- granted they were $5 in those days--although that was a lot money for me and I couldn't afford to go a lot), I can tell you that there has been a big change in composition of the crowd and the way they interact with the game. There are so many distractions now--when I young they didn't have any music--and even in the 300s, so many people spend so much time playing with their "smart" phones, I'm surprised when they look up and watch the game for a minute or two.

You can rant all you want, but the reality is hockey is becoming too expensive for its audience. And in spite of what the suits on 6th Avenue will say during the next CBA talks, all the owners care about is the profit that goes into their pockets. It's the American way.
I actually do chip in on the tickets, but that's besides the point. I do know what you are saying is to be true, but that is no excuse for calling us "snotty rich people". (I know it wasn't you) Think about this. Would it have been so hard to say rich people?