HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Jerseys Part 5

Closed Thread

Old
07-22-2011, 02:13 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCollarBlueBlood View Post
...Stitched logos/customization is common if someone spent a few bucks. It's the striping, neck tags, material, style of shirt that matters. Fight strap inside? CCM on lower back hem or on back of the neck? Size?

Placement of number name isn't a determining factor in real or not when concerned with retail shirts as not even the MSG booths get it right 100% of the time. And to dig even deeper, to compare a retail customization to a "real" or "game worn" is even more unrealistic as The number placement can vary from year to year as well as the spacing between letters of a name. Only quality of the custimization material and "Z" stitch can be expected to be as legit as possible.

But, for this instance lets just stick to the shirt at hand. The other stuff would take pages to explain in detail.
And with so much knowlegde there´s no doubt that you´re the real jersey guru charlie

Old
07-22-2011, 07:09 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Should I just drop some money on a Callahan authentic now because of the deal that's going on, or should I wait until the WC jerseys are revealed?

Old
07-22-2011, 07:51 AM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1cON View Post
And with so much knowlegde there´s no doubt that you´re the real jersey guru charlie
And yet even my knowledge of the force is just a galaxy within a universe young Padawan.

I specialize in post 80's NYR shirts but once in a blue moon learn something new about a players specific customization outside the normal expectations of a spcific year/style/set.

Thank you for the compliment.

Old
07-22-2011, 08:23 AM
xbure9x

I think the reason ice jerseys is having that sale is because they are trying to get rid of their 2010-2011 jersey stock because reebok is changing the jerseys a bit for the 2011-2012 season. from what I've read, not much difference except instead of the reebok symbol on the back of the jersey, they will now say "reebok".

I don't know of any other differences, but to save over $100, definitely worth it to not have the latest and greatest.

Old
07-22-2011, 08:30 AM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbure9x View Post
I think the reason ice jerseys is having that sale is because they are trying to get rid of their 2010-2011 jersey stock because reebok is changing the jerseys a bit for the 2011-2012 season. from what I've read, not much difference except instead of the reebok symbol on the back of the jersey, they will now say "reebok".

I don't know of any other differences, but to save over $100, definitely worth it to not have the latest and greatest.
It's probably also to take off the 85th anniversary patch and they are probably going to wear a Boogaard patch next year.

07-22-2011, 10:00 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCollarBlueBlood View Post
And yet even my knowledge of the force is just a galaxy within a universe young Padawan.

I specialize in post 80's NYR shirts but once in a blue moon learn something new about a players specific customization outside the normal expectations of a spcific year/style/set.

Thank you for the compliment.
Reminds me at this:

You & me

Old
07-22-2011, 10:13 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prustqvist24 View Post
Has anyone every bought from www.pro-jerseys.com?

http://www.pro-jerseys.com/rangers.php

They have pretty decent prices for stitched replicas and show a lot of detail and seem pretty committed to proving they're legit, but I'm not buying from any place I'm not familiar with until someone can vouch for it.
YES!

I'm in the process of ordering my third jersey from them. I've gotten a Mets jersey, and Rangers jersey from them.

IMO the quality, price, and customer service can not be beat.

I can't afford a $200+ authentic. But a replica from Pro-Jerseys has the stitching quality of an authentic, they stitch around the RANGERS on the front if requested, too.

I highly recommend them.

I order from their eBay store. They respond to your messages quickly.

They have old style CCM jerseys, too, which is a plus.

I plan to get an old style Lundqvist sometime in the future from them.

They are 100% legit and I highly recommend them. They're based in NY which is another plus, local, so quicker shipping.

Old
07-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:

No, that's not the reason. I called them to ask if they had any bigger jerseys because I wanted to take advantage of the sale and they didn't have a jersey my size, and the guy told me that the sale is because they only have like 1 or 2 sizes left for each jersey. It's a clearance sale. Has nothing to do with next years jerseys, they just want to get rid of whatever they have left in those last 1 or 2 sizes.

Old
07-22-2011, 11:17 AM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
It's probably also to take off the 85th anniversary patch and they are probably going to wear a Boogaard patch next year.
The jerseys don't come with the patch when you order from Ice Jerseys (the heritage might, but the home/away don't) so that's definitely not the reason. Plus the sale applies to every team.

Old
07-22-2011, 11:44 AM
xbure9x

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
No, that's not the reason. I called them to ask if they had any bigger jerseys because I wanted to take advantage of the sale and they didn't have a jersey my size, and the guy told me that the sale is because they only have like 1 or 2 sizes left for each jersey. It's a clearance sale. Has nothing to do with next years jerseys, they just want to get rid of whatever they have left in those last 1 or 2 sizes.
and why does any retailer offer a sale on whatever sizes they have left? why do you think they want to get rid of their current inventory?

Old
07-22-2011, 12:41 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
and why does any retailer offer a sale on whatever sizes they have left? why do you think they want to get rid of their current inventory?
Because they obviously bought the jerseys from somewhere, they don't want them to just sit there. You want to sell. The same reason where I work at a pet store and we sell things on clearance to get rid of them. You don't make any money back if you don't sell the item. I'm also telling you what the guy told me.

Old
07-22-2011, 01:10 PM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Because they obviously bought the jerseys from somewhere, they don't want them to just sit there. You want to sell. The same reason where I work at a pet store and we sell things on clearance to get rid of them. You don't make any money back if you don't sell the item. I'm also telling you what the guy told me.
If the guy wants you to potentially buy a jersey, or to tell your friends about their great sale to buy a jersey, he's not going to tell you "yeah, we're selling these on clearance because they're going to be outdated in a couple of months when Reebok releases an updated version".

Old
07-22-2011, 01:21 PM
nyrmetros

Where are the $20 jerseys???

Old
07-22-2011, 01:33 PM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
Where are the $20 jerseys???
China?

Old
07-22-2011, 01:33 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

They are just reducing inventory, it is only natural that they have left overs of less popular sizes. Either ones that are a bit too small for the average person or a bit too large.

Old
07-22-2011, 01:50 PM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Searching for a white Liberty Beukeboom Replica. Any ideas, had no luck with my search

Old
07-22-2011, 08:05 PM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

Charlie, do you think its worth it to have the 9/11 patch added to the jersey or should I go for a stanley cup patch?

Old
07-22-2011, 08:07 PM
NYR89

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR89 View Post
Can you get the name/number stripped on a replica? I have a Zherdev I bought in the Garden a while back and depending on cost I wouldn't mind changing it..
Sorry to bump this, but there was never an answer give..

Old
07-22-2011, 08:09 PM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR89 View Post
Sorry to bump this, but there was never an answer give..
I'd still like to know as well. I have a Zherdev replica and ...:::gulp::: a Redden replica that I would obviously love to have changed. Also have a Vermette CBJ that has vinyl iron-on number/letters (was a gift) that I'd like to have made into the official twill version.

Old
07-22-2011, 09:15 PM
NYR Lunchbox

^ x2

glad im not the only one with a zherdev jersey, bought it at the garden because the where out of dubinskys. mark another one in the "dumb drunk decision" category.

Old
07-22-2011, 10:32 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bienvenue a New York View Post
Charlie, do you think its worth it to have the 9/11 patch added to the jersey or should I go for a stanley cup patch?
Far be it from me to tell you what to do with your shirt.

In my opinion, I prefer timeline correct shirts. The style you have is from 2000/01 and later so a SCF patch isn't really appropriate. But thats just my taste.

If you didnt want to do the 9/11 patch the 75th anniversary patch would also be appropriate.

Old
07-22-2011, 10:38 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Anyone know where I can get one of these??

Old
07-22-2011, 11:13 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
Anyone know where I can get one of these??

looks like something a Tour De France team would wear.

Old
07-23-2011, 12:07 AM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

Alright thanks for your help Charlie.

And is that even a real jersey?^

Old
07-23-2011, 01:28 AM
JaeTM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1195