Notices

Tim Erixon

Old
11-30-2010, 06:00 PM
BurnEmUp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilkington View Post
Giordano was a very good NHL defenseman when he was forced to go to Russia. He was very good at the NHL level the previous year and then Sutter used his vast knowledge in hockey and signed Anders Eriksson over Giordano.

Playing a year in Russia didn't suddenly make Giordano a superstar. If that was true the Flames would have started an affiliation to send all their prospects there. Only thing that year in the KHL did was delay his breakout season in the NHL by a year. And force us to watch Anders Eriksson mock the sport with his giveaways and own goals.
What is wrong with you people?

Giordano was not "forced" to go to Russia. He decided to because he wanted a one way contract, and Sutter would only offer him a two-way. If he'd have taken the two-way he could have stayed in the NHL that year, with the Flames.

I get the Sutter hate, I really do.....but there are plenty of reason's to whine and complain about him, we don't have to make stuff up.

BurnEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 03:49 AM
Pilkington

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnEmUp View Post
What is wrong with you people?

Giordano was not "forced" to go to Russia. He decided to because he wanted a one way contract, and Sutter would only offer him a two-way. If he'd have taken the two-way he could have stayed in the NHL that year, with the Flames.

I get the Sutter hate, I really do.....but there are plenty of reason's to whine and complain about him, we don't have to make stuff up.
He would have been sent down because the club had a plethora of defensemen on one-way deals. Common knowledge.

Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 09:46 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
He would have been sent down because the club had a plethora of defensemen on one-way deals. Common knowledge.
I agree it was a stupid move by Sutter. After How Gio had played previous to going to Russia he easily should have earned a bottom pairing role. Just goes to prove how Sutter blindly leads with seniority sometimes...I hate it.

This Organization is lucky that Gio re-signed. Great contract if he keeps his current play up and I still think he can get better. Great piece to build around if this team tanks.

In the last 3 games no one has impressed me more with take-aways and blocked shots (I believe he is our shot block leader too).

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 10:24 AM
Pilkington

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
I agree it was a stupid move by Sutter. After How Gio had played previous to going to Russia he easily should have earned a bottom pairing role. Just goes to prove how Sutter blindly leads with seniority sometimes...I hate it.

This Organization is lucky that Gio re-signed. Great contract if he keeps his current play up and I still think he can get better. Great piece to build around if this team tanks.

In the last 3 games no one has impressed me more with take-aways and blocked shots (I believe he is our shot block leader too).
Second in the league in fact.

Old
12-01-2010, 10:31 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Second in the league in fact.
Wow I knew he was top ten, but that's awesome.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Stewie Griffin
Bruinswagoner #4762

vCash: 50
Not to intentionally stay off-topic, but it's possible that not going to Russia could have hurt Giordano's development as a defenseman. It may have been dumb luck that they couldn't agree on contract terms...

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Pilkington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Not to intentionally stay off-topic, but it's possible that not going to Russia could have hurt Giordano's development as a defenseman. It may have been dumb luck that they couldn't agree on contract terms...
It's possible. But I think if that was the case you'd see more players sent to play a year in the KHL to develop. Obviously that's just my opinion though