HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hasek to St. Louis?

Closed Thread

Old
06-18-2004, 01:10 AM
CuSa_1

vCash: 500
Hasek to St. Louis?

From John Hadley's website: hadleyonsports.com ....

DA BLUES: As mentioned last week, my sources indicate the Blues are likely to pass on re-signing goalie Chris Osgood.

While many reports have the Blues among the front-runners for Dom Hasek.

A deal that has Hasek and Doug Weight as principals has become a hot rumor within inner-circles however chances are the Red Wings won't require compensation. Simply stated, the Red Wings will give Hasek a chance to work another deal for himself in part for a gesture by Hasek returning a portion of his pay last season because of his lack of participation.

Will the Blues give either Reinhard Divis or Curtis Sanford a chance to prove capable of being a #1 netminder (it's not impossible)? That noted, Hasek could don the 'Note, it's just unlikely.

According to my sources, despite published reports, there are only four teams legitimately inquiring about Hasek. With Ottawa and Vancouver topping his wish list, St. Louis would be third in the pecking order. So as rumors begin to float into St. Louis, keep in mind, never say never, be realistic.

Old
06-18-2004, 03:17 AM
cyrisweb

From what I heard he wants to go somewhere where he has a chance to win the cup. I doubt that's going to be the Blues.. My best bet is that he will sign with the Sens.

Old
06-18-2004, 03:33 AM
CHareth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrisweb
From what I heard he wants to go somewhere where he has a chance to win the cup. I doubt that's going to be the Blues.. My best bet is that he will sign with the Sens.
Then he'll play average, win a Cup with the Senators and say "I'm a Senator for life!"

Old
06-18-2004, 12:31 PM
Spaceace

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon
Then he'll play average, win a Cup with the Senators and say "I'm a Senator for life!"
That won't happen,b/c the Sens would meet the Leafs and we already know what the outcome would be.

Old
06-18-2004, 01:08 PM
c-carp

Ill pass on Hasek.

Old
06-18-2004, 01:13 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceace
That won't happen,b/c the Sens would meet the Leafs and we already know what the outcome would be.

ya, well, the sens wont have Lalime in net, so it would be a whole different series

Old
06-19-2004, 09:09 AM
Colonial Blue

If the Senators make a play for Hasek as previously reported, would St. Louis have any interest in Patrick Lalime? I think he can be a very successful goaltender, but a change of scenery would do him good.

Old
06-19-2004, 12:54 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY

Old
06-19-2004, 12:57 PM
Dropkick Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY
Lalime is not that bad as everyone says. Hes a good goalie. So lets knock on him yet. I mean there is reasons why we can. *cough*playoffs*cough*

Old
06-19-2004, 01:00 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouwmeester4
Lalime is not that bad as everyone says. Hes a good goalie. So lets knock on him yet. I mean there is reasons why we can. *cough*playoffs*cough*
:lol

Its not just Lalime.......HASEK

:lol :lol :lol

Old
06-19-2004, 01:05 PM
blitzkriegs

If I was a Sens fan, I would view this Hasek addition, if any, with skepticism.

Why? because what happens if the Sens hang their hat on him and he gets injured again?

Granted it's great to think how he could help immeasureably, but Det felt the same last year too. Remember, he is 39 and playing GOALIE.

Last season Hasek said the same thing this offseason: "i feel great, never felt better, injuries are fine, etc."

IF the Sens would Lalime, I would definitely keep Prusek 'just in case'

Old
06-19-2004, 03:23 PM
Colonial Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouwmeester4
Lalime is solid, but his head is probably a mess from this playoff season. Many goaltenders have had awful playoff years and bounced back to win the Stanley Cup. The fact that Columbus acquired Arturs Irbe means that Patrick Lalime will have a job somewhere.

Old
06-19-2004, 05:00 PM
capman29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceace
Have to give it up to you that was a great comeback . Leafs win again!!!! :lol

Old
06-19-2004, 06:06 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
I'll pass on Hasek.
You and me both, brother... you and me both.

The Blues already have their allotment of gutless, heartless, "I'm-only-in-it-for-the-money" schmoes. They need to get rid of the ones they have, not bring in another.

Old
06-20-2004, 12:11 AM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkriegs
If I was a Sens fan, I would view this Hasek addition, if any, with skepticism.

Why? because what happens if the Sens hang their hat on him and he gets injured again?

Granted it's great to think how he could help immeasureably, but Det felt the same last year too. Remember, he is 39 and playing GOALIE.

Last season Hasek said the same thing this offseason: "i feel great, never felt better, injuries are fine, etc."

IF the Sens would Lalime, I would definitely keep Prusek 'just in case'
Honestly. Although, I wasn't psyched to have Hasek back myself, it just added uneeded chaos, but Hasek is completely unproven. 14 games over 2 years and the Sens want to put the playoffs in Hasek's hands? It would basically be like if Detroit had traded Cujo as was expected and then had Hasek go down. Bad situation. Prusek isnt even quite as good as Legace, either. Hasek will be 40, and not nearly as hungry as he was in 2002.

Closed Thread