HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Liles (COL) to Boston

Old
11-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Oates2Neely

vCash: 500
Liles (COL) to Boston

Not sure of Colorado's needs, they are a young team loaded w/ talent. What would it take from Boston to acquire Liles keeping in mind Boston's cap situation.

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 05:56 PM
Skip2myBordyloo
Maybe next year

vCash: 50
colby cohen

Skip2myBordyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 05:57 PM
rpontbriand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Not sure of Colorado's needs, they are a young team loaded w/ talent. What would it take from Boston to acquire Liles keeping in mind Boston's cap situation.
You may get a more positive thread response by substituting Liles name with Cumiskey.

rpontbriand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 05:58 PM
SuperSaiyanBeastmode

i thought this guy was a norris contender... yeah i think you picked the wrong defenseman, cumiskey is probably what colorado is going to give you.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 05:58 PM
Blame Subban
Galchenyuk

Why ask for a guy whose value is at an all-time high? Sigh.

Blame Subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 06:01 PM
El_Loco_Avs

Liles for Chara?

El_Loco_Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 06:02 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesselsnapSHOT View Post
i thought this guy was a norris contender... yeah i think you picked the wrong defenseman, cumiskey is probably what colorado is going to give you.
Completely understand, I'm aware he's playin extremely well, I also remember Colorado fans willing to trade him for pennies on the dollar just last year. Would something along these lines work?

To BOS:
Liles

To COL:
Ference
Wheeler
TOR 1st 2011
Spooner or Knight

Old
11-29-2010, 06:03 PM
yay

Wish we could still delete posts...

Last edited by yay: 11-29-2010 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Wouldn't further what might be an actual mature conversation.
yay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 06:04 PM
Blame Subban
Galchenyuk

Quote:
Completely understand, I'm aware he's playin extremely well, I also remember Colorado fans willing to trade him for pennies on the dollar just last year. Would something along these lines work?

To BOS:
Liles

To COL:
Ference
Wheeler
TOR 1st 2011
Spooner or Knight
You know this deal could come back to haunt you bad if Liles was just overachieving, you know? Remember, this is a guy who was almost waived last year.

Old
11-29-2010, 06:05 PM
Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by John le Perron View Post
You know this deal could come back to haunt you bad if Liles was just overachieving, you know? Remember, this is a guy who was almost waived last year.
What?

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 06:06 PM
SuperSaiyanBeastmode

Quote:

To BOS:
Liles

To COL:
Ference
Wheeler
TOR 1st 2011
Spooner or Knight
actually thats a prosposal where col has to think long and hard about, especially if spooner is a winger, and that pick is top 10(probably will be)

Old
11-29-2010, 06:07 PM
Skip2myBordyloo
Maybe next year

Quote:
your avatar suits you well.

Old
11-29-2010, 06:09 PM
Blame Subban
Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
What?
Maybe not waived, but there were a ton of proposals involving him because of his contract.

Old
11-29-2010, 06:11 PM
Blame Subban
Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gali39 View Post
your avatar suits you well.
Listen, I am not saying he is bad, just that he isn't worth the king's ransom it would take to get him. And good job, using insults instead of actually posting someting relevant to the discussion.

Old
11-29-2010, 06:11 PM
Mark Stuart*

Boston is trying to clear cap space... acquiring a 4M defensemen does not help that

Mark Stuart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 06:12 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

Quote:

To BOS:
Liles

To COL:
Ference
Wheeler
TOR 1st 2011
Spooner or Knight
I don't think Liles is getting traded. Team has been patient with him and he is finally becoming the dynamic #2 PMD he can be. It is no fluke he is getting the results he is getting this year. He actually is playing this well and his decision making is great. Furthermore, Liles seems happy in Denver and has a limited NTC (can't list 18 teams he doesn't want to go to) which could make things harder.

That said, if Avs wanted to move him your package seems fine. Some value and some contracts coming the other way (in Ference's case somewhat of a dump). Wheeler probably could be useful this season since we have so many forward injuries and the real meat being the pick.

A pairing of Liles+Chara would be sick. Liles is looking amazing with Ryan O'Byrne which is like a poor poor mans Chara without puck skills.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 06:13 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyderFan1 View Post
Boston is trying to clear cap space... acquiring a 4M defensemen does not help that
Boston actually saves close to $1m if my calculations are correct (they're usually not)

Old
Pure

Quote:
Maybe not waived, but there were a ton of proposals involving him because of his contract.
Yes HFboard trade proposals. The management has always been high on Liles and had huge expectations for him. Otherwise they would have never given him that contract. Hes finally meeting those expectations this year, so hes likely not getting traded this year.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lord Ahriman

Quote:

To BOS:
Liles

To COL:
Ference
Wheeler
TOR 1st 2011
Spooner or Knight
Good lord. Thank God you are not our GM

Lord Ahriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 06:15 PM
Skip2myBordyloo
Maybe next year

Quote:
Listen, I am not saying he is bad, just that he isn't worth the king's ransom it would take to get him. And good job, using insults instead of actually posting someting relevant to the discussion.
he isnt bad, he was certainly underachieving last year and in sacco's dog house, and getting healthied here and there at times, but as a offensive d-man alone he has a fairly high value in that respect.

it's not like the previous years before last he was playing as poorly as he did the previous year, not that i expect to get much more than a 1st for him if he was moved.

there was no speculation on our end that he was going to be waived.

Last edited by Skip2myBordyloo: 11-29-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old
11-29-2010, 06:16 PM
zamboniman

Quote:

To BOS:
Liles

To COL:
Ference
Wheeler
TOR 1st 2011
Spooner or Knight
oates2neely , no disrespect but i'm glad your not the bruins gm. that is way overpayment for a guy who's having his best start ever. maybe ference or wheeler . you do know that toronto's pick will probably be a top 3?

zamboniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 06:20 PM
SuperSaiyanBeastmode

what i'm confused about liles is how can you hit your prime at 30 or is he going to be like the sedins last year, before i just thought of him as a 40pt #3 guy who was nothing write about defensively, i predict he'll be a 60-65pt guy this year.

Old
11-29-2010, 06:21 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ahriman View Post
Good lord. Thank God you are not our GM
I know it.. I tend to over pay

However Liles seems like a great fit for what we're looking for, & Colorado would be a team that would be looking for picks/ prospects/ scoring help. My offer is off, but I'm just trying to gage what his value is. He's better than Kaberle in my book, maybe worth looking into..

Old
11-29-2010, 06:21 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:

To BOS:
Liles

To COL:
Ference
Wheeler
TOR 1st 2011
Spooner or Knight
Holy overpayment batman!

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 06:30 PM
Baron

Quote:
There were a ton of proposals because he was viewed as the best asset not in the longterm plans.

The avs have a stable of PMD and last year if they could get something interesting for Liles, us fans would have happily entertain it. He was serviceable last year but management thought he had another gear he couldn't reach consistently and Sacco started to demand it.

For us he was simply the designated "give" to "get", a guy playing alright that might have some value around the league. Last year maybe get a 1st or something from him and continue the rookie movement.

Overpaid? A bit. About the same as other comparable PMDs when their values were inflated.

Waiver wire? Bad contract? asinine.

It's generally believed that Liles absolutely loves being in Colorado and I think management is okay with keeping him around if he keeps proving their expectations. From some articles I think he is sort of adopting a bit more leadership/vet role too. He's also one of the few defencemen the avs actually managed to develop.

Baron is offline   Reply With Quote