HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Who are the Bruins fans at HFboards (Part II)? Register here!

Old
01-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Poke the Bear

vCash: 500
Howdy Fellow Bruins fans!

Name: Gary

Fav All time Bruins: Orr, Bourque, Neely, Middleton, Park, O' Reilly

Fav Current Bruins: Lucic, Chara, Thorton, Seguin

Fav Non Bruin Players: Lidstrom, Kane, Datsyuk, Yzerman, Sakic

Fav Movies: Lord of the Rings, Braveheart, The Departed, Goodfellas

Music: Metal/Prog Metal Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Porcupine Tree

Hobbies: PS3, Watching the Bruins, Drinking

Fav food: Steak, Pizza, Pasta

Fav Beeron't really drink beer anymore. Vodka Soda please!

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan:Always been a fan. Grew up playing hockey.

How long I have been a B's fan:43 years

Origin of screen name: I like when other team try to get physical with the Bruins. I call that poking the bear.

Jerseys owned:Bourque, Samsonov

Poke the Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:19 PM
BergyMeister
Overpaid Grinder

vCash: 50
It's been awhile so doing this again.

Name: Darin

Fav All time Bruins: Only converted from "casual" fan to a hardcore fan about 4 years ago. So I won't be disingenuous.

Fav Current Bruins: Chara, Thomas, Lucic.

Fav Non Bruin Players: Marty St. Louis.(UVM)

Fav Movies: The Grudge,Underworld series, Lord of the Rings and Twilight...ok just kidding about Twilight.

Music: Most kinds depending on mood

Hobbies: Mtn Biking, Video games, watching Hockey and HF Boards.

Fav food: Buffalo Wings and waffles with real Vt maple syrup....but not at the same time. .

Fav Beer: Sam Adams/Harpoon IPA....sometimes at the same time.

Fav Bruin moment: Z raising the Cup and going to the parade.

How long I have been a B's fan: The B's have always been "my team" but it was much like the Celts are my NBA team. I would browse the standings to see how they were doing but I didn't really pay attention until they made the playoffs or had a "must win " game. I would have to say the cheapshot by Scott Walker on Aaron Ward got my attention and I have been hooked ever since.

Origin of screen name:Lindy Ruff whining about the B's reminded me of my boys when the were little ",Daddy, He is being a bigmeanie to me".

Jerseys owned: Milan Lucic wc (real), Savvy home premier, a couple of wc fakes and a Manchester Monarchs home Premier. Also Marchand, Horton, Chara and DK tees tees. Maybe more that doesn't seem like enough names.

Last edited by BergyMeister: 03-21-2012 at 05:16 PM.
BergyMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:38 PM
bigbadbruins7

Name: will

Fav All time Bruins:Orr, Bergeron, Neely

Fav Current Bruins: Bergeron, Rask

Fav Non Bruin Players: Jonathan Toews

Fav Movies: Gladiator, mystery alaska

Music: anything

Hobbies: hockey, sports

Fav food: pasta

Fav Beer: red stripe

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: not how i became a fan but 2011 SC

How long I have been a B's fan: since i was 7

Origin of screen name: the big bad bruins

bigbadbruins7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:13 PM
germanbsfan

Name: Philipp

Fav All time Bruins: Milt Schmidt, Bobby Orr, Ray Bourque, Cam Neely

Fav Current Bruins: The whole team but especially Tim Thomas

Fav Non Bruin Players: Jarome Iginla, Taylor Hall, Bobby Ryan

Music: Hip-Hop, Rock, Punk, Metal

Hobbies: playing football (its not called soccer ) and basketball, watching nearly every sport

Fav food: pizza

Fav Beer: Heineken and german beer... always been the best

how I became a fan: I watched the New England Patriots for a long time and i got more and more interested in hockey (Winter Classic 2011 was my first seen NHL Game), no question that it was Boston that i picked. Its just kind of funny that they won the cup in the first year with me as a fan

How long I have been a B's fan: Since January 2011 (First game seen was a loss against Montréal )

Fav Bruin moment: The playoff series against Montréal 2011 (Thomas 2-OT Save, Hortons 2-OT Winner, Ryder Save, Ference Middlefinger, Hortons Series Winner in OT and Jack Edwards speech)

germanbsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 09:23 PM
MightyBBaller
Rookie User

Name: Dylan

Fav All time Bruins: Brad Park, Bobby Orr

Fav Current Bruins: McQuad, Seguin, Lucic

Fav Non Bruin Players: Malkin

Fav Movies: Horrile Bosses,Blades of Glory

Music: Rap

Hobbies: Sports and Video Games.

Fav food: Chicken and Mashed Potatoes

Fav Beer: Cnt Drink

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan:Goin to my first game

How long I have been a B's fan: all my life

Origin of screen name: Just liked it

Jerseys owned: Chara and MQuad. Seguin and Lucic shirts

MightyBBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 02:32 PM
HartfordBruin
3rd Cav

Name: Andrew

Fav All time Bruins: I don't have any. I was a Whalers before they moved away, so I have a bunch of Whalers I'm fond of.

Fav Current Bruins: Thomas, Bergeron, Lucic

Fav Non Bruin Players: Sean Burke, Keith Primeau, Ovie, Pronger

Fav Movies: Rudy, Patton, Slapshot, Bull Durham, Young Frankenstein

Music: Hip hop, classic rock, opera, classical

Hobbies: watching sports, working out, reading

Fav food: anything that I can grill

Fav Beer: Hoegaarden, Corsendonk

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: Attending the Winter Classic against the Flyers at Fenway park. The anticipation at the stadium was electric, and no one saw the B-2 bomber flyover coming. Plus, we won in a thriller in overtime.

How long I have been a B's fan: Since 2004 or so. Took some time to come to terms with the fact the Whalers weren't coming back.

Origin of screen name: A bruin fan in Hartford.

Jerseys owned: Thomas & Marchand shirts, black. Don't like owning clothing I can't wear all the time, so I pass on buying game jerseys.

HartfordBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 08:46 PM
jeffclark

Name: Jeff

Fav All time Bruins: The Chief

Fav Current Bruins: Bergeron, Thornton

Fav Non Bruin Players: Marco Sturm, Ovi, Pronger

Fav Movies: The Big Lebowski, Rudy, Christmas Vacation

Music: Whatever's on (lame, I know)

Hobbies: watching sports, making internet

Fav food: Fried clams

Fav Beer: Hoegaarden, Allagash White

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: Game 6, 2008

How long I have been a B's fan: Moved to Boston in 2006, saw my very first hockey game and bought season tickets in 2007.

Origin of screen name: non-creativity

Jerseys owned: Bucyck and a Bergeron Winter Classic

jeffclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 09:27 PM
bigbadbruins1966

bigbadbruins1966
New Brunswick,Canada

BRUINS Fan 4 ever!
Ray Bourque,Cam Neely,Stan Jonathan,Terry O'Reilley

Brad Marchand,Tim Thomas,Patrice Bergeron,Zdeno Chara

bigbadbruins1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 08:50 PM
scythe

Long time lurker, finally decided to sign up and join you guys:

Name: JP

Age: Old enough to know never to answer this question in public

Fav All time Bruins: Cam Neely, Ray Bourque, Adam Oates, Andy Moog.

Fav Current Bruins: Tim Thomas, Milan Lucic, Patrice Bergeron, Zdeno Chara

Fav Non Bruin Players: Steve Yzerman, Joe Sakic, Wayne Gretzky, Ron Hextall, Mike Bossy, Teemu Selanne, Nicklas Lidstrom

Fav Movies: Almost Famous, Lost in Translation, The Empire Strikes Back, The Abyss, etc...

Music: All over the map. Metal, pop and a touch of folk make up the bulk of it.

Hobbies: Hockey, swimming, movies, music, hiking, camping, friends, writing, does work count as a hobby?

Fav food: mashed potatoes and gravy

Fav Beer: I haven't had a drink in over 10 years.

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: Winning the cup this year. Became a fan during the 1988 finals against Edmonton

How long I have been a B's fan: 1988

Origin of screen name: Was the first 'handle' i used when i started using the internet back in '95. Couldn't think of anything else when i signed up.

Jerseys owned: 2 Bruins jerseys, one home, one away. No names on the back because I've found that to be a risky business Eventually I'm going to get a Cam Neely jersey.

scythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 11:48 AM
du5566*

Fav All time Bruins: Neely

Fav Current Bruins: Bergeron

Fav Non Bruin Players: Toews

Fav Movies: anything from the 80's

Music: The Band

Hobbies: fantasy sports

Fav food: Italian

Fav Beer: Guiness

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: Cup Runs in the late 80's

How long I have been a B's fan: mid to late 80's

Jerseys owned: Chara

du5566* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:43 PM
Living Tribunal

Fav All time Bruins: Andy Moog, Craig Janney, PJ Stock, Byron DaFoe
Fav Current Bruins: Tim Thomas, Lucic, Chara
Fav Non Bruin Players: Jeremy Roenick, Pekka Rinne, Jimmy Howard
Fav Movies: Blade Runner
Music: T. Rex, Stevie Ray Vaughn & Double Trouble
Hobbies: Hockey fanatic, baseball Sabrematrician
Fav food: Pizza, i can eat pizza every day
Fav Beer: Sam Adams

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan:

ok, here we go...at birth I was a Bruins fan. My family is from Boston, mostly southie and Charlestown. My father moved us to Paramus, New Jersey when I was two. There was six of us. My fathers father forced him to play baseball growing up so he didn’t take any interest in us playing baseball. he was all about hockey, as if the three of us, my other two brothers and I, were just bred for it. My brother Kyle was a bruiser type, just a big goon. he had the luxury of size his entire life. he stood in high school at 6'2'' and about 225lbs maybe more, and was just a powerhouse. He’s two years older than me. He was a third liner, LW mostly, an agitator, just beat guys down when we played but he wasn’t “great” at hockey just “good enough.” I was a goalie, standing at 5’8’’ and maybe 160lbs. most people never believed we were brothers. My younger brother by one year, Adam, was 6’0’’ about 185 and played defense, but he was actually “great” at playing hockey when we “wanted” to play. He was just so god damn lazy. Some how i got skipped over in the body size genes hah, but i made up for it with looks. Sophomore year in high school was the best because we all played varsity together. We played on so many club and traveling teams and all that waking up at 4am, we played at McKay every season but it was nice to all play for the same school.
I started for varsity sophomore year and continued until I graduated. I remember playing against a few NHL players, Van Reimsdyk is one of them, he was godly. Bobby Sanguinetti was another although he no longer plays obviously. And Bobby Ryan. Van Reimsdyk was from Middleton so I didn’t see him very often, but he was a cool dude and was just downright nasty. Like I said, godly. Sanguinetti I don’t remember too well, Drew Miller was two years older than me but I often heard a lot about him. Bobby Ryan was probably the best player I ever saw. I was a year older than him and we often would hear about the kid from Cherry Hill. We hated the Ridgewood maroons with so much passion in high school, they were so damn cocky and rich, and Ridgewood kids always brought up Paul Mara on any chance they got. I played against these guys in traveling leagues mostly, I didn’t really see a lot of them. I have nothing but respect for any of them. I thought I was going to play in the NHL, most people did.
When we graduated high school I didn’t know if I was going to play for Boston College or Maine, but I made a verbal agreement to play for Boston based purely on how proud it would make my family. My older brother Kyle stopped playing after he graduated, went into the marines, and has done three tours of service and is actually on his fourth tour right now in Afghanistan. My younger brother Adam quit playing his junior year because he just wanted to party and play for fun with Kyle and myself. The summer of my senior year I played in a league called McKay in Englewood, NJ. Most players from Jersey would probably know it for its notorious ice. There was a play, it was a breakaway, the winger from the other team, Patrick Vinski, everyone called him “P.V.” skated towards me, my defenseman, David Magarro skated so fast to try and catch up with him, Vinski got the shot off, I saved it barely with my blocker, but got tangled up with my defenseman Magarro. They crashed into me and we all went into the net.
At this point in my life I had never felt pain like this before. My right knee felt like it was ripped off. I completely severed my left patella tendon, I was terrified. I tried to get up and my leg wouldn't move. I was carried off the ice into the trainers room, they cut through my favorite pair of pads because they didn’t wanna move my leg, after I had gotten everything off. I was just lying there hoping that I was ok. I looked down and my knee cap was in my thigh and the muscle was laying flat like I had a paralyzed leg. The tendon was severed right below the knee cap and the knee cap detached from the tendon and the tendon then detached from my bone., Yea that happened... I was brought immediately to the hospital. Fortunately the nerve endings weren’t so damaged they told me.
The rehab was brutal, four months on crutches and I had NO control over my leg. I could feel it but couldn't move it. I had to relearn to walk by swinging my hip to make my leg go forward until my brain and leg learned to communicate again. I was told I would never run again and if I was lucky I would be able to do a light jog. Most importantly to me I was told hockey was never a possibility. An 18 year old kid getting ready to play for Boston college with so much hope for his future, gone with one play. I oviosuly never played for any college or played at all anymore. At about 20 years old when I finally accepted all hope in playing hockey was lost, I became an alcoholic. Everyday, all day I would drink and smoke cigarettes. I worked, I earned money. But was in such a depression that I just turned to the bottle every single god damn day.
Finally two years ago after one of the worst nights in my life, because of drinking, I decided that it was enough. No more. I went to rehab, sobered up and went through the second worst pain I’ve ever experienced, alcohol withdrawal. Alcohol made it so I didn’t have to get up, I didn’t have to use my leg, I could just pop a pain killer, drink the night away and sob. Once I decided that that was over with, I felt that my life was starting over again. I was 23 and I jumped without even thinking about it for the first time in five years. I loved hockey so much. I put everything into this sport. I never felt the exhilarating rush I did anywhere else when I was on the ice, it was that feeling, I don’t know how to describe it but it was incredible and I missed it so much. I decided to go all in and train. I trained everyday for almost a year. After I was done training, getting in shape, I bought all new equipment, strapped on the pads and went out there again. Unfortunately it was roller hockey at first but I had to start over. I was scared at first, because my leg would ache sometimes, but I didn’t let it bother me. I played, and played, every day. And now seven years later after the horrid breakaway that injured me for almost good, I can finally play again and have been. I work, go to school, and play hockey. I play hockey in McKay again, some club teams mostly beer leagues though. I play as much as I can because god dammit I love this game with every fiber of my body. And in case you’re wondering I hold no animosity towards Vinski, or my defenseman Magarro, both of whom I actually still play with quite often. I just wanted to share what the greatest sport on earth has been to me. Everything. Go Bruins.

How long I have been a B's fan: birth, parents are from Boston, my father moved us here for his job when I turned two. Our house was and still is a die hard bruins/red sox house.

Jerseys owned: blank home before reebok, i think it’s ccm. Tim Thomas, Boston college even made me a mock jersey, but I never wear it. I actually hate looking at it, makes me wonder what if. Did I share too much? yea probably, but we're all fellow Bruins brothers here.

Living Tribunal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 02:14 AM
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor

Fav All time Bruins: Neely, probably
Fav Current Bruins: Chara, Lucic, Seguin
Fav Non Bruin Players: Toews/Kane/Sharp, Luongo, Homer-Leafs
Fav Movies: Magnolia, Election, The Player
Music: boring top 40 stuff
Hobbies: Traveling, reading, shopping, watching hockey and baseball
Fav food: well made nachos
Fav Beer: i'm the annoying chick who prefers mixed drinks

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan:

I've never played hockey but i've watched it for ages. I'm born and raised in Toronto, so the Leafs are my natural team - but because I have relatives in the Boston area (which is a city that i love), i ended up starting to follow the Bruins. While I can't share a history of painting my living room in Bruins' colours, I will say that I followed them even when they weren't doing so well.

How long I have been a B's fan: quite a while - more than 10 years. As above, being from Toronto you can figure out for yourself which team I hear about the most...but b/c of relatives in the beautiful Boston area, I became a Bruins fan.

Jerseys owned: shoved in drawer somewhere, I have a Blue Jays jersey signed by Roberto Alomar, Joe Carter, and Paul Molitar...does that count?

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 12:55 PM
Southern Gentleman B

Name: Frank (Southern Gentleman B)

Fav all time Bruin: Bobby Orr

Fav current Bruins: Lucic, Marchand, Chara, Bergeron, look, I would have to list the entire team.

Fav non Bruins: Gaborik, Hossa, Datsyuk, E. Stall, Benn, and yes, Michael Ryder.

Fav movies: Independence Day, LOTR trilogy, Bourne trilogy, Avatar, Inside Job, Star Trek: First Contact.

Hobbies: mountain trout fishing, following college football.

Fav food: country fried chicken or steak, gravy, rice, and homemade biscuits.

Fav beer: non drinker, but nothing against those who do.

Fav Bruin moment: game seven against Vancouver. Became a fan at age 18 in 1972 after I developed an interest in ice hockey. Been a Bruin fan for forty years.

Screen name is what I try to be, not necessarily what I am.

Don't own any jerseys, but that may change. Fans down this way sometimes frown on men owning and wearing jerseys. I don''t know if it is a southern thing, or what.

Southern Gentleman B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 02:36 PM
E BOS 77

Name: Eric

Fav All time Bruins: Bourque, Oates, Dafoe

Fav Current Bruins: Thomas, Seguin, Bergeron, Chara, Lucic, Thornton, Horton, Tuuka

Fav Non Bruin Players: Sakic, P. Roy, Perry, Malkin, Neal, Datsyuk, Giroux

Fav Movies: The Departed, The Town, Harold & Kumar (1&2), Psycho.

Music: Anything really, mostly listen to sports talk radio.. 98.5, WEEI (Except for the morning show....)

Hobbies: Fishing, Hockey, Camping, Family, Gaming

Fav food: Any Italian dish.

Fav Beer: Light Beer (lol), Shock top, blue moon.. (My taste buds suck..)

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: Between the ages of roughly 10-13 (was young) I was always extremely ill with strep throat, tonsillitis, I had them removed, while I was bed ridden I had grabbed my Hockey beckett magazine for hockey cards, and they had the address of the Bruins for fan mail. I had written them a letter (can't remember what it actually said or if it was legible. But told them Bruins were my fav and blah blah blah.. and some time later I received a package in the mail with some memorabilia, and among the goodies was a signed magazine of some sort signed by Ray Bourque! The pretty much sealed the deal, became a lifer.

How long I have been a B's fan: Since the above ^ !!

Origin of screen name: E for my name, BOS for the Bruins, 77 for Mr. Bourque.

Jerseys owned: Lucic (Home)

E BOS 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 04:37 PM
torped929

Name: Pete

Fav All time Bruins: Neely Borque Only alive long enough to see these guys play for a bit but Orr is the GOAT

Fav Current Bruins: Bergeron Marshy

Fav Non Bruin Players: Datsyuk

Fav Movies: Star Wars

Music: David Bowie, The Beatles

Hobbies: Skating

Fav food: Pizza

Fav Beer: Heineken

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: I was like in Kindergarten when that cam and borque nike/bauer commercial came out and I've been hooked since.

How long I have been a B's fan: 19-20 yrs

Origin of screen name: parts of 1st and last name

Jerseys owned:black cam neely but I need a bergy one asap

torped929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 08:16 AM
Schalkenullvier*

a little late, but here we go...

Name: Hendrik

Fav All time Bruins: Marc Savard....

Fav Current Bruins: Everyone, especially 40, 33, 37, 46, 63, 17. So yes, everyone

Fav Non Bruin Players: Jarome Iginla, Mark Giordano, Olli Jokinen, Ilya Kovalchuk

Fav Movies: Forest Gump, Lord of the rings, Burn after reading

Music: everything but the extremes

Hobbies: football (let's call it soccer for you), rugby, hockey of course, billards, video games... and barbecue

Fav food: pizza, Currywurst

Fav Beer: Budvar (the czech stuff, don't confuse with budweiser...)

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: I got into the NHL by playing NHL 2005, but really didn't follow the league at first... didn't even know there was a lockout and stuff. First always played with the flames, but when I heard that Marco Sturm had been traded to Boston (which I heard in like 2007 lol), I switched to them. A soft spot for Calgary remains. I only really follow every game of the B's since the 2010 winter classic. Favourite moment was winning the cup of course.

How long I have been a B's fan: that's 2 years now.

Origin of screen name: my favourite soccer team spelled out (schalke 04... 0=null, 4=vier)

Jerseys owned: none.. my only piece of merch is a championship puck, but I plan to change that soon

Schalkenullvier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 05:02 PM
Joeygmoney
The King of Ding

Name: Joe

Fav All time Bruins: RB77

Fav Current Bruins: BM63

Fav Non Bruin Players: None, total homer!

Fav Movies: The Usual Suspects

Music: Not picky as long as it entertains me

Hobbies: Golfing

Fav food: Can't pick

Fav Beer: No longer drink but when I did Hoegaarden.

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: The parade last year. Was at game 3 of the finals but give me the parade drunken rowdy fans all over the place. It was much more entertaining. Growing up there were 4 friends who were inseperable. One played hockey one played basketball one football and one baseball as very young kids this got all of us into said sport and the local Boston/New England teams.

How long I have been a B's fan: since I was born essentially but hardcore following since 93.

Origin of screen name: Old basketball nickname, had a money jumper, first name Joe last name starts with a G so my coach use to call me Joeygmoney.

Jerseys owned: CN8, BM63, RB77.

Last edited by Joeygmoney: 02-26-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Joeygmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 05:32 PM
jcme262

Name: *Jim

Fav All time Bruins: *Orr, *Neely, Bucyk, *Middleton, O'Reilly, Schmautz*

Fav Current Bruins: *Marchand, Lucic, Seguin

Fav Non Bruin Players: *Iginla, Sakic, Tkachuk,

Fav Movies: Reservoir Dogs, Usual Suspects, Fargo, Slingblade

Music: Metal, Prog, Funk/Fushion, *Elvis

Hobbies: playing hockey, cycling *mtb/road, *concert sound source recording/taping.

Fav food: Italian, Thai

Fav Beer: no drinks for 26 years. But back in the day it was Bass Ale & Whatney's

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: *well for me it was obviously "The Goal".... I was 9 and playing hockey as a kid.

How long I have been a B's fan: as long as I can recall, maybe 44 years. Orr's rookie year.

Origin of screen name: *my initials + Blue Oyster Cult song

Jerseys owned: *Lucic WC, Lucic home, Marchand away, *Amonty NYR *Blue 75th anniversary, *Chelios Chi *away '90, *Kane blue USA Olympics '10, *Kesler Van home 3rd alt, Bure WJC Russia '89

jcme262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:05 PM
PJbrown

Name: P.J.

Fav All time Bruins: Bam Bam Cam #8

Fav Current Bruins: Seguin, Bergeron, Thomas

Fav Non Bruin Players: Kovalchuk, Huge Patrick Roy fan growing up have quite a few rare/valuable hockey cards/pictures from when I was a kid

Fav Movies: Top Gun

Music: Everything but country. Gangster Rap the more ignorant the better.

Hobbies: Golfing, Smoking cigarettes

Fav food: Chicken Broccoli Casserole (<3 Mom)

Fav Beer: Don't drink anymore bad things happen when I drink lol

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: Favorite moment was seeing them win the cup after growing up hearing my Dad always tell me that the Bruins would always blow it and lose (which they always did until last year)

How long I have been a B's fan: Born in 87 started playing hockey around age 5, so around than. Never had cable TV when i was young so I remember getting the TV guide in the Sunday paper and cursing the days when the game was on NESN and not UPN38 LMAO.

Origin of screen name: Nickname (Browns not my last name)

Jerseys owned: Winter Classic blank, Nordiques(swag)/Avalanche from when I was a kid

PJbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 04:08 PM
ed bruin

Name: Ed

Fav All time Bruins: P.J. Axelsson, and Jumbo Joe

Fav Current Bruins: Bergeron, Krejci, McQuaid, Lucic, Rask, and every other Bruin

Fav Non Bruin Players: Ovechkin, Pietrangelo, Malkin, Thornton, and Kane

Fav Movies: Watchmen, 500 Days of Summer, Star Wars (all of them minus episode 2), and Friday

Music: Anything I like, love Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Hobbies: Football (played all my life until college), Lacrosse, Skateboarding, and Banjo

Fav food: Chinese, Italian, Indian, Five Guys, and pretty much I eat anything

Fav Beer: Too young Harpoon Cider currently

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: Favorite moment was Kessel's big game against Canadians in the 2008 Stanley Cup Playoffs. I got a pair of tickets up in the nosebleeds last second off Craigslist and even though it was about 60/40 Habs fan. Man we stuck it to them.

How long I have been a B's fan: since I was about 8

Origin of screen name: Ed + Bruin = awesome

Jerseys owned: Kessel T-shirt jersey....

I may not post as much as I do on the Bruins Boards as in the General Boards, but my heart is with all yall!

Last edited by ed bruin: 03-21-2012 at 04:18 PM.
ed bruin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:15 PM
bl2219

Name: Bryce

Fav All time Bruins: (Never saw 'em - Orr, Bourque, Neely), Bergeron, Seguin, Shawn Thornton, Marchand, Lucic

Fav Current Bruins: Seguin, Marchand, Thornton, Bergeron, Lucic

Fav Non Bruin Players: Brian Boyle (BC) Crosby, Stamkos

Fav Movies: Goon, Mighty Ducks, Slapshot, Moneyball

Music: Mainly rap.

Hobbies: Hockey cards, sports.

Fav food: Pizza

Fav Beer: Not old enough

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: Beating Vancouver and seeing my first Cup

How long I have been a B's fan: 10 years

Origin of screen name: My initials and my hockey number + Seguin's number

Jerseys owned: Seguin

Been looking around for a while now. Finally got around to posting! Recognize a few names too which is always nice!

bl2219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 11:53 AM
GForce128

Name: George

Fav All time Bruins: Cam Neely, Ray Bourque, Adam Oates

Fav Current Bruins: Lucic, Chara, Seguin

Fav Non Bruin Players: John LeClair (all time) Jarome Iginla (current)

Fav Movies: Star Wars (original) Lord of the Rings

Music: Rock, Punk, Metal

Hobbies: Gaming, Football, Hockey but can't skate well though

Fav food: A good burger, buffalo wings

Fav Beer: Magic Hat Vinyl

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: First time seeing Ray Bourque changing to #77 when retiring Phil Esposito's #7

How long I have been a B's fan: Since the early 90's

Origin of screen name: A nickname with numbers to make it unique

Jerseys owned: Late 90's era black replica

GForce128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 09:04 PM
tuuk9240

Name: Vinny

Fav All time Bruins: Ray Bourque, Bobby Orr

Fav Current Bruins: Patrice Bergeron, Johnny Boychuk, Gregory Campbell

Fav Non Bruin Players: Evgeni Malkin

Fav Movies: American History X, American Psycho, Good Will Hunting

Music: Metal, Rock

Hobbies: Planespotting, Guitar

Fav food: Buffalo Wings

Fav Beer: lol

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: Way back in 2000 when i was in first grade, my dad's co-worker gave him 2 tix to see the B's take on the Flames. This was my first time watching hockey and was instantly hooked (even tho the B's lost in OT)

How long I have been a B's fan: 12 years

Origin of screen name: Huge tuukka rask fan. birth year '92, tuukk's # is 40

Jerseys owned: 2 blank home jerseys, a lucic away jersey and a bergeron alternate

tuuk9240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:07 PM
EvilElf63

Name: Steven Z

Fav All time Bruins: Neely, Middleton, Byers, Moog, Oates

Fav Current Bruins:
Marchand, Thomas

Fav Non Bruin Players
: Selanne, Rinne

Fav Movies: Clerks, Return of the Jedi

Music: Classic Rock

Hobbies: Hunting and Fishing. Mostly waterfowl hunting.

Fav food: Ribeye

Fav Beer: Labatt Blue

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: Grew up watching the Bs. Dressed up as Cam Neely for Halloween at age 4; was imitating Rene Rancourt by age 5. Attended a few of the Bruin's Wives' fundraisers in the late 90s. I had a picture of Neely with the caption "The Hip Gave Out, The Heart Never Did" on my door for many years. I remember when they destroyed the Boston Garden to build the Fleet center- I thought by "garden" they actually meant a place where horticulture happens.

How long I have been a B's fan:
Since I could walk and hold one of those miniature sticks, playing rug-hockey with my old man.

Origin of screen name: Someone took my intended name: Marchand's Nose, which was in honor of my 1st place fantasy hockey team from this season: NameAsLongAsMarchandsNose.

Jerseys owned: A small child home (White) Jersey with no number but several autographs from a mid-90s Bruins team. When Marchand started the 2010-2011 season with 5 quick goals, 3 of which were shorthanded, I decided to get a Marchand jersey. It's a 3rd jersey. I also have a Finnish National team Selanne jersey.

Last edited by EvilElf63: 03-27-2012 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Forgot Adam Oates
EvilElf63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 09:58 PM
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever

vCash: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins1966 View Post
bigbadbruins1966
New Brunswick,Canada

BRUINS Fan 4 ever!
Ray Bourque,Cam Neely,Stan Jonathan,Terry O'Reilley

Brad Marchand,Tim Thomas,Patrice Bergeron,Zdeno Chara
Aren't you forgetting SOMEBODY on your list?

bobbyorr04 is online now   Reply With Quote