HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Ducks - 11/29/10 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
11-29-2010, 11:36 PM
Shellz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Joke, right?
He has been harping on Dean all night. No.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fat Elvis

Doughty has got to stop this Ron Jeremy look a like thing because he's been brutal. JJ is not good right now. Not sure what's going on, but he needs to pull his head directly out of his backside immediately. Zeiler was not bad and I thought he and that 4th line were effective tonight.

Something has got to shake this team up, they're just not that good.

Martinez is their best dman right now. That's not a good thing.

Fat Elvis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
riznat

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
So you want to trade two a the few guys that come to work every night and play hard? I thought you wanted a team of guys playing 60 minutes.

This place is seriously becoming unreadable. When things are good everyone is reaching for their gym socks. When things go bad you want to string everyone up. I'm ashamed of this thread.
You honestly think Jack is coming to play and play hard everynight? The guy consistently makes rookie mistakes year after year and never "gets it" the way we all hope/expect him to, we just say... this year jack will really earn that JMFJ tag. Well the fact is he doesnt come to play everynight and hes not some mental heavyweight you think he is. He makes stupid plays because more often then not hes a stupid player. He's better than a lot of NHL dman but hes simply not as good as we need him to be. He makes STUPID plays every game.

You don't have to post you know. I'm fat... time for a run.

riznat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Anyone saying trade Doughty is silly.

Johnson, on the other hand, I dunno. His value could be high at the moment. He never really shows any care when he screws up, and he is never going to be happy in LA being the #2 fiddle behind Doughty. His best games, by far, was when Murray told him that he was THE GUY on the blueline when Doughty was out with the concussion.

He just plays better knowing he is the star defenseman and that he is the leader of the blueline.

If we could get someone who could score for him, I would take it.
Again, there is no coach that would say a player should show emotion. Just a bunch of pasty white internet followers feel he should break down. You make an error and you clear your mind and move on. They tell you that since junior sports.

And you need to stop slandering Jack. You have no idea that he won't be satisfied playing second fiddle to Drew. There isn't anything showing that. We do know that Jack is a leader though and Murray has said he's been our most steady dman this year.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Poni and especially Mitchell were important players.

But I'll tell you what happened. Smyth, Stoll and Williams started to play like Smyth, Stoll and Williams.

It was unrealistic to think that line was going to play like they did. And Kopitar and Brown have done nothing to pick up for them.

Nearly five years since this idiot took over and the team is no closer to contending for a championship. It's pretty pathetic what this man has done to this team. I now finally realize why so many SJ fans hated him so much and tried to warn us when he was hired.

Lieweke needs to come in and clean house and bring in a Hockey Man to run this team and not a big talking labor lawyer who has never won squat.
Agreed, I wish he never took over and we were still a god damn awful team with no expectations. At least then i wouldnt be depressed like now

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 11:37 PM
DickArmy*

Quote:
Everyone questioning Handzus should remind themselves that he is skating with 2 kids that have 30 NHL games between them.
But he is skating like ****. Maybe he's just getting old.

DickArmy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 11:38 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
So you want to trade two a the few guys that come to work every night and play hard? I thought you wanted a team of guys playing 60 minutes.

This place is seriously becoming unreadable. When things are good everyone is reaching for their gym socks. When things go bad you want to string everyone up. I'm ashamed of this thread.
In order to acquire someone worthwhile, a roster player will need to be moved those two have the most value and yes while they play hard for 60 minutes they haven't been playing well.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Scottkmlps

I think it's time to got back to the Smyth/Kopitar/Williams line. Yeah it would suck to break up that 2nd line, but they need to do something to spark this team.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Whoa whoa, where's all this hate for Lombardi coming from? Let's be real, the guy knows how to put a team together, knows how to draft and build a team. He just doesn't have that extra push, the will to pull the trigger, I think he'll get over that in the upcoming weeks and acquire a big name LW, maybe Semin or maybe Fleischmen, maybe Wheeler, I'm not sure but I can feel it.

Terry Murray on the other hand, I think is a complete idiot, he's too old for this NHL, needs to realize that today's NHL is all about speed, not the cycle. His system isn't working and won't work any time soon, Kompon can't figure out the PP if his life depended on it, those 2 need to go! Please Lombardi, open your eyes man!

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DAkings20
Kings can't score

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
onlyalad

Side note. Who would have thought that JJ would be tied with Duncan Keith in scoring with fewer games played?

and Doughty is tied with Nick Shultz

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 11:39 PM
nki

A trade isn't going to help when the players who are supposed to lead this team to the promised land are doing squat. The only way I see it happening is one of them gets traded to shake up the locker room. Doughty won't get traded, neither will Kopitar, Brown probably won't, that leaves Johnson and Simmonds. Take your pick.

nki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickArmy View Post
Dude, Handzus has NEVER been fast. Not even in pee-wee.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickArmy View Post
He's like 50. What do you expect?

Old
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
I think it's time to got back to the Smyth/Kopitar/Williams line. Yeah it would suck to break up that 2nd line, but they need to do something to spark this team.
Agreed. Or atleast do Brown-Kopi-Williams and Smyth-Stoll-Simmonds or Lewis.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LombardiTool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
lolol **** doughty & johnson, trade them both
fire terry murray and jamie kompon
handzus is slow as **** (put schenn there)
mmm what else?
Move Trevor Lewis to the first line?

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lanius

Time to mix up the top 6 maybe? Reunite Kopitar with Smyth & Williams. That might mean we have to endure Stoll-Brown again, but this team needs at least one scoring line right now.

Lanius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 11:40 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Poni and especially Mitchell were important players.

But I'll tell you what happened. Smyth, Stoll and Williams started to play like Smyth, Stoll and Williams.

It was unrealistic to think that line was going to play like they did. And Kopitar and Brown have done nothing to pick up for them.

Nearly five years since this idiot took over and the team is no closer to contending for a championship. It's pretty pathetic what this man has done to this team. I now finally realize why so many SJ fans hated him so much and tried to warn us when he was hired.

Lieweke needs to come in and clean house and bring in a Hockey Man to run this team and not a big talking labor lawyer who has never won squat.
Ha, what a crock. This team is way better on and off the ice and is way closer to becoming a legit long term contender. What he's done to the team? You mean completely overhaul the old, slow roster with younger players with potential. You are real impatient but fasten your seat belts because this team is still a few years from scratching the surface on their potential. Easy to blame Lombardi for not overpaying FA that DON'T WANT TO PLAY FOR THE LA KINGS. Instead he went the best route, through the draft, which takes longer than 5 years, ask CHI.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nki View Post
A trade isn't going to help when the players who are supposed to lead this team to the promised land are doing squat. The only way I see it happening is one of them gets traded to shake up the locker room. Doughty won't get traded, neither will Kopitar, Brown probably won't, that leaves Johnson and Simmonds. Take your pick.
Simmonds, by a mile.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Defgarden

Just blow the whole ******* team up. ****!

Defgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nki View Post
Johnson and Simmonds won't be traded either.

Old
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I am starting to wonder if DD8 is suffering from some latent post concussive disorder. He just hasnt been himself at all since that cheap shot hit he took early on.

I am not a fatalist but it is painfully obvious that something has fallen apart. I know for a fact that a deal will be happening and soon but I still think that this has become somewhat systemic and maybe it actually is time to start looking for a coach that will take us to the next level. This is TM's M.O., he comes in and organizes things, installs a defencive system, takes the team to some success and then fails and gets fired due to the team tuning him out.

Something happened 9 games ago be it the locker room mishap or whatever, something happened because the team just isn't playing anywhere near the same ever since. I don't believe for a second that WM and Poni boy mean this much to the team and if they do then we are done anyways.

Lets hope that when a deal happens that the new guys can help us find the wheels for this wagon before we actually are talking about lottery picks.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 11:41 PM
DickArmy*

Quote:
Dude, Handzus has NEVER been fast. Not even in pee-wee.
He's never been this bad.

DickArmy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 11:41 PM
WTFetus
Marlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
lolol **** doughty & johnson, trade them both
?
Heatley for Doughty? Our best forward points wise for your apparently "worst defenseman."

In all seriousness though, slumps happen. While I'd be lying if I said I am disappointed that the Kings lost (I see them as the biggest threat in the division), they are still a very dominant team when they play the full 60 minutes. The Sharks are, or hopefully came out of, a similar slump. Heck, I think the Sharks got shut-out the most in the league this season. Those who say trade Doughty and Johnson need to start thinking straight again. Doughty just came back from a concussion, not to mention Mitchell is still out of the line-up. I would gladly take Doughty or Johnson off your hands though.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 11:42 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
I don't want to see smyth & williams back with Kopitar, but I do want to see Dustin Brown as far away from Kopitar as possible. If nothing else to gauge if there is any improvement in splitting those two up. I bet there would be.

It can't get any worse, amirite?

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote