HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bieksa to Ottawa

Old
12-05-2010, 09:56 AM
MHX
Hockey Makes Us...

vCash: 500
Bieksa to Ottawa

Is this a good move for Ottawa? And what will it take to get it done (keeping in mind that he's a UFA at the end of the season)?

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hock.../16433511.html

MHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 10:01 AM
trentmccleary

Problem... Bieksa is a RH'ed right D-man.

RD:
Gonchar signed for the next 2 1/2 years.
Karlsson, 20 yo and controlled for the next 5 1/2 years.
Carkner, signed for 1 1/2 more years.
B.Lee, 23 & controlled for 4 more years.
Rundblad, 20 yo top prospect.
Wiercioch, 20 yo higher end prospect.

LD:
Phillips, UFA this summer
Kuba, UFA next summer
Campoli, UFA next summer
D.Hale, UFA this summer
Cowen, 20 yo top prospect might be ready to make jump next season.

Last edited by trentmccleary: 12-05-2010 at 10:36 AM.
trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Synthetek

vCash: 408
Send a message via AIM to Synthetek
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bank View Post
Is this a good move for Ottawa? And what will it take to get it done (keeping in mind that he's a UFA at the end of the season)?

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hock.../16433511.html
Garrioch is an idiot, don't even listen to anything he writes.

Synthetek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 10:09 AM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

The Senators could do worse, but they wouldn't be giving up much. I don't think Bieksa is the fit either.

Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 10:29 AM
mattyomac

Who is good on Ottawa?

so if we are giving ottawa finally a legit defender, if i'm gillis i'd do a deal like this:\

VCR:
Bieksa
1st Round pick 2011
Hodgson

OTT:
Foligno
Ott 1st round pick
Runblad/Karlsson

If your VCR you do this because you gain a potential top 6, but prolly top 9 forward, a mid to high 1st round pick from the sens and a future top 4 d-man in Runblad or Karlsson with a swedish connection for our twins.

If you are OTT you do this to still have a 1st round pick you gain a potential top 2 centreman in Hodgson , who is most likely unhappy in Canuck land and who Vancouver really doesnt need with our depth at Centre position (Hank, Kesler, Maholtra, Rypien, Bliznak, etc) and if you can re-sign you'd have a guarantee top 4 Defensive d-man in Bieksa

Why NOT?

mattyomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 10:35 AM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyomac View Post
so if we are giving ottawa finally a legit defender, if i'm gillis i'd do a deal like this:\

VCR:
Bieksa
1st Round pick 2011
Hodgson

OTT:
Foligno
Ott 1st round pick
Runblad/Karlsson

If your VCR you do this because you gain a potential top 6, but prolly top 9 forward, a mid to high 1st round pick from the sens and a future top 4 d-man in Runblad or Karlsson with a swedish connection for our twins.

If you are OTT you do this to still have a 1st round pick you gain a potential top 2 centreman in Hodgson , who is most likely unhappy in Canuck land and who Vancouver really doesnt need with our depth at Centre position (Hank, Kesler, Maholtra, Rypien, Bliznak, etc) and if you can re-sign you'd have a guarantee top 4 Defensive d-man in Bieksa

Why NOT?
Hodgson is the only interesting thing you're offering Ottawa and you're asking for too much in this deal.

Old
12-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Asquaredx2

Quote:

VCR:
Bieksa
1st Round pick 2011
Hodgson

OTT:
Foligno
Ott 1st round pick
Runblad/Karlsson

Why NOT?
Karlsson is worth considerably more than Hodgson right now, while Rundblad was an alternate captain for the men's national team in the Karjala Cup,is the #1 defenceman on his SEL team at 20, and is IIRC leading the SEL in defenceman scoring with 20 points in 27 games. Ottawa doesn't want to part with either.

Our first round pick is vastly, vastly better than yours.

Bieksa is at best worth Foligno.

Even your section on why each team does this betrays the fact that you're only actually thinking with Vancouver's interest in mind.

EDIT: So, I can't claim to know what Vancouver wants, but you should definitely take Karlsson/Rundblad, Hogson, and the two first rounders out of this deal.

Asquaredx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 10:47 AM
Clamshells

Quote:
if i'm gillis i'd do a deal like this:\
its easy to say you'd do a deal that you win so disgustingly much

Clamshells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 10:49 AM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

The Waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 10:50 AM
senators101

Can Bieksa play with Spezza on the top line?

So... no, we're not interested.

senators101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by senators101 View Post

So... no, we're not interested.
...Actually...he has played forward before and not looked out of place, and I think I've even spotted him this year as a winger on our second PP unit...

I'm not saying that you should trade for him, but he COULD play with Spezza ala Byfuglien with Toews.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 01:06 PM
SoulPatch

Quote:

VCR:
Bieksa
1st Round pick 2011
Hodgson

OTT:
Foligno
Ott 1st round pick
Runblad/Karlsson
Bieska = Foligno (At best; and I still wouldn't trade Foligno for Bieska)
Vancouver 1st rounder < Ottawa 1st rounder
Hodgson < Runblad/Karlsson

Quote:

Why NOT
NOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
...Actually...he has played forward before and not looked out of place, and I think I've even spotted him this year as a winger on our second PP unit...

I'm not saying that you should trade for him, but he COULD play with Spezza ala Byfuglien with Toews.
The question was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by senators101 View Post
To which the answer is a resounding No.

SoulPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 01:15 PM
NYVanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulPatch View Post
Bieska = Foligno (At best; and I still wouldn't trade Foligno for Bieska)
Vancouver 1st rounder < Ottawa 1st rounder
Hodgson < Runblad/Karlsson

NOT

The question was:

To which the answer is a resounding No.
this sums it up pretty much

is Jesse Winchester any good? We need a good 4th line center.
and did Lee just clear waivers? I thought he was a good young offensive prospect..?

Bieska for Winchester & Lee?

no idea if this is right, awaiting lauding / de-pantsing
yours with a white wine sauce,

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 01:24 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
this sums it up pretty much

is Jesse Winchester any good? We need a good 4th line center.
and did Lee just clear waivers? I thought he was a good young offensive prospect..?

Bieska for Winchester & Lee?

no idea if this is right, awaiting lauding / de-pantsing
yours with a white wine sauce,
Winchester's a very good face-off man, good defender, good along the boards and his 4th line frequently spends entire shifts cycling 200 feet from our net. He's a good 4th line and could be available with Z.Smith behind him. He offers very little offensively and will never play on the 3rd line because of it.

That would be a good deal if Bieksa were a left D-man. The right side is stacked now and for quite a while, but the left side has a lot of vets and near free agents to make decisions on.

Otherwise, we need LW's badly for just about every line. Actual LW's... we have enough guys playing out of position now.

Old
12-05-2010, 01:36 PM
NYVanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
Winchester's a very good face-off man, good defender, good along the boards and his 4th line frequently spends entire shifts cycling 200 feet from our net. He's a good 4th line and could be available with Z.Smith behind him. He offers very little offensively and will never play on the 3rd line because of it.

That would be a good deal if Bieksa were a left D-man. The right side is stacked now and for quite a while, but the left side has a lot of vets and near free agents to make decisions on.

Otherwise, we need LW's badly for just about every line. Actual LW's... we have enough guys playing out of position now.
abundance of RSH dmen is a rare luxory ...
likely one of the reasons the canucks are holding off on trading KB, and also makes us less good trading partners

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 01:36 PM
ProstheticConscience
Kunst

vCash: 883
But...but...if Bieksa went, that would mean AV would have to end his inexplicable mancrush on Bieksa and give his 23+ minutes a game to a better defenseman in Ballard.

Hodgson: not on the table. He may be taking his sweet bloody time, but he's finally on his way up in the AHL atm.

Canucks' needs: RH d, 4th line centre, goon who can actually play. Even if Rypien hadn't vanished into the Twilight Zone again, he's neither of the two latter things. So mix and match from that.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
But...but...if Bieksa went, that would mean AV would have to end his inexplicable mancrush on Bieksa and give his 23+ minutes a game to a better defenseman in Ballard.

Hodgson: not on the table. He may be taking his sweet bloody time, but he's finally on his way up in the AHL atm.

Canucks' needs: RH d, 4th line centre, goon who can actually play. Even if Rypien hadn't vanished into the Twilight Zone again, he's neither of the two latter things. So mix and match from that.
Canucks probably won't trade Bieksa for a 4th line C, they'd trade for someone higher up on the depth chart who would push someone down to the 4th line.

Winroba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 04:00 PM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
Canucks are in no position to trade Bieksa. They won't be all season.

Ehrhoff at the deadline is more probable, if he doesn't sign.

The Canucks still do not know how Ballard and Salo are going to be playing, and can't count on either one of them.

Until he is displaced, Bieksa is in the Vancouver top four.

JuniorNelson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 04:34 PM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

hahaha @ the Hodgson trade.... we're not trade trading Hodgson!!!!!

BLAME CANADA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Agent007

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Canucks are in no position to trade Bieksa. They won't be all season.

Ehrhoff at the deadline is more probable, if he doesn't sign.

The Canucks still do not know how Ballard and Salo are going to be playing, and can't count on either one of them.

Until he is displaced, Bieksa is in the Vancouver top four.
Once Salo is back the Canucks HAVE to make a trade in order to get under the cap.

So I've got no clue why you think the Canucks are in no position to trade Bieksa unless you think they'll move another roster player which is highly unlikely.

As far as Ehrhoff goes I'd be real surprised to see the Canucks move him unless the return is something the Canucks can not say no to (which would have to be real significant).

Cup contenders DO NOT TRADE TOP PAIR DEFENCEMEN!!!

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Menzies16

Since we are in the same country, and you arent toronto or that dirty french team I guess I'll make you a sweet deal:

You get Bieksa, I get a shot at Mike Fishers wife

In all seriousness though, I would give you guys Raymond and Bieksa for ....well nothing.

I think this is a useless thread, when taking into account needs, and organizational strengths, we don't really match well as trading partners.

Last edited by Menzies16: 12-05-2010 at 04:53 PM.
Menzies16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Bleach Clean

So that's Bieksa to:

Ottawa
Montreal
Washington
Carolina
Buffalo
NYI
Dallas
Columbus
Anaheim
San Jose

That I've seen mentioned in one form or another (I know it's still just speculation, but it's what we have to go on). Every one of the proposals treated him like a devalued asset. Yet, the market seems to be strong. Meaning, a lot of teams could use this player.

I think that when he does eventually hit the market, that is, when Salo is slated to return, there will be a strong market for his services.

Bleach Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
Once Salo is back the Canucks HAVE to make a trade in order to get under the cap.

So I've got no clue why you think the Canucks are in no position to trade Bieksa unless you think they'll move another roster player which is highly unlikely.

As far as Ehrhoff goes I'd be real surprised to see the Canucks move him unless the return is something the Canucks can not say no to (which would have to be real significant).

Cup contenders DO NOT TRADE TOP PAIR DEFENCEMEN!!!
Unless Salo is out until the playoffs. There's no cap in the playoffs. This is very likely his last season and if Gillis says "sit out healthy for a few months and we'll have a better shot at the cup" I'm not convinced he would refuse.

He's 36 and this could likely be his last chance at the cup.

Old
12-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
So that's Bieksa to:

Ottawa
Montreal
Washington
Carolina
Buffalo
NYI
Dallas
Columbus
Anaheim
San Jose

That I've seen mentioned in one form or another (I know it's still just speculation, but it's what we have to go on). Every one of the proposals treated him like a devalued asset. Yet, the market seems to be strong. Meaning, a lot of teams could use this player.

I think that when he does eventually hit the market, that is, when Salo is slated to return, there will be a strong market for his services.
Pierre McGuire also said that Anaheim "coveted" him and offered a big deal for him which Vancouver said no to because they had been offered better.

Old
12-05-2010, 05:09 PM
m9

I really doubt Bieksa's going anywhere. The Canucks would have to trade for a depth defenceman anyway at the deadline, so what's the point? Let Salo sit until the playoffs, put him on the roster, and then put him in the lineup if you run into injuries. Salo becomes your depth defenceman. Seems like the most simple and obvious answer, yet people are still foaming at the mouth for a Bieksa trade everyday.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote