HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brian Lee (OTT) (clears)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-30-2010, 11:49 AM
  #26
Karlssonlee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,548
vCash: 500
He can contribute

He's an NHLer, Ottawa management just has never liked him.

He played well, did everything was asked of him in the offseason.

LEE > HALE

Karlssonlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 11:54 AM
  #27
Billy Madison*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlssonlee View Post
He can contribute

He's an NHLer, Ottawa management just has never liked him.

He played well, did everything was asked of him in the offseason.

LEE > HALE
Give it up. Lee is not a better player than Hale.

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 11:55 AM
  #28
trentmccleary
Registered User
 
trentmccleary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Alfie-Ville
Posts: 18,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahey and Randy View Post
If he can actually somewhat play defense than the oilers defineatly should put a claim in
He's good in transition, breaking up rushes and sending the puck back up ice with nice breakout passes. But he's weaker than his size would indicate and not the kind of guy you want facing sustained pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlssonlee View Post
He can contribute

He's an NHLer, Ottawa management just has never liked him.

He played well, did everything was asked of him in the offseason.

LEE > HALE
Except play well enough training camp, in the AHL or early in seasons to earn a job with the big club. He looks like he could play in the NHL, but has been handed opportunities on a team with a weak prospect pool and didn't do anything with them until later in seasons (almost like an old player working himself back into shape throughout the season)... or a young player with confidence issues who plays like tentative crap at the beginning of every season too until he builds confidence.

Hale was a better LD than Lee was and with physical play, offered at least 1 plus attribute which Lee rarely ever does.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 12:00 PM
  #29
Afro Thunder*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,653
vCash: 500
Stupid ****ing managment and coaching Ottawa, he pretty much outplayed everyone in camp on D, was the only dman that had a positive +_\ after the first two weeks of the season but he gets sent down because he turned the puck over one but Philips and Campoli do it in a regular basis and Carlner keeps getting beat by speedy forwards and no accountability for them.

This managment is a ****ing joke, Lee has the potential be a top 4 dman and hopefully he could find his chances somewhere else.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 12:04 PM
  #30
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 24,515
vCash: 10592
If he or someone else isn't on the Hawks roster by the end of the week, they dropped the ball.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 12:06 PM
  #31
Tape2Tape
Registered User
 
Tape2Tape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoff Reffing View Post
he'll be a top 4 soon.

lee got no respect from ottawa
LOL! I dont know if your first or second line is the bigger joke.

He will never be a top 4, and he was simply outplayed by every other 5th, 6th & 7th Defenseman the Sens have had in the last 3 years.

Tape2Tape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 12:13 PM
  #32
Isles72
Registered User
 
Isles72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,811
vCash: 500
I'm curious to see if the fishsticks take a whirl

Isles72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 12:14 PM
  #33
senators101
Registered User
 
senators101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,437
vCash: 500
Don't listen to a lot of the sens fans. They're only pissed about Lee because of who should have been selected instead of him in the draft. If he was a 2nd rounder, nobody would say anything.

He played pretty damn well this year. While our team sucked ass he was only on the ice for 3 goals, 2 of which were on the PK. Before he was taken out, he was playing a lot smarter this year than he has in a while.

A team looking for defensive depth and willing to let him play through his growing pains should pick him up without question. He definitely has the ability to become a top 4 d-man. I for one hope he does get picked up and does do well wherever he goes cuz he got treated like **** from Ottawa's management.

senators101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 12:14 PM
  #34
SensFan26
Registered User
 
SensFan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sydney, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,464
vCash: 500
Bad asset management.

SensFan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 12:14 PM
  #35
Karlssonlee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
Stupid ****ing managment and coaching Ottawa, he pretty much outplayed everyone in camp on D, was the only dman that had a positive +_\ after the first two weeks of the season but he gets sent down because he turned the puck over one but Philips and Campoli do it in a regular basis and Carlner keeps getting beat by speedy forwards and no accountability for them.

This managment is a ****ing joke, Lee has the potential be a top 4 dman and hopefully he could find his chances somewhere else.
Thank you,

I'm pretty angered about this. He did everything right at training camp

Karlssonlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 12:17 PM
  #36
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!
 
Highbrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFan26 View Post
Bad asset management.
Agreed.

Highbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 12:19 PM
  #37
trentmccleary
Registered User
 
trentmccleary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Alfie-Ville
Posts: 18,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by senators101 View Post
Before he was taken out, he was playing a lot smarter this year than he has in a while.
He always played smart, the problem wasn't brains... it was balls.

He isn't physical, he gets pushed around, his shot is embarrassing. His offensive skills are skating the puck up ice and making nice breakout passes, both of which die the second he crosses centre ice.

Seriously what is a competent transitional defender with no physical or offensive game worth?

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 12:22 PM
  #38
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar
 
PeterSidorkiewicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Michigan
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 15,011
vCash: 500
Binghamton fans are praying that he gets claimed so he doesn't get on their team, that says a lot right there.

And also, according to Bingo fans the guy had the worst attitude of any other player on the team. But, they're the ones who watched him night in and night out, what do they know.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 12:24 PM
  #39
The Expert
Registered Expert
 
The Expert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Jersey
Posts: 11,191
vCash: 500
Good riddance, hope somebody claims him.

Anyone saying the GM treated him unfairly doesn't have a clue. If anything the GM gave him too much leeway, he shouldn't have been in the NHL at all this year, especially over David Hale.

David freaking Hale has shown more at the NHL this year than Lee has his entire career. I doubt if his attitude was any better than his play, so good riddance kid.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 12:26 PM
  #40
pspot
Registered User
 
pspot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,041
vCash: 500
Devils need to pick him up

pspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 12:29 PM
  #41
Skrymir
Registered User
 
Skrymir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,083
vCash: 500
Hopefully he gets picked up. I still feel he can be an everyday Dman with the ability to play top 4 minutes. It's too bad it didn't workout in Ottawa.

Skrymir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 12:33 PM
  #42
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä
 
Captain Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 13,311
vCash: 500
Good Lord is there a lot of mixed opinions on this guy.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 12:34 PM
  #43
kingpest19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zal View Post
LA should give him a shot. Then, we can trade Jerk Johnson.
Lets trade the 23 yr old JJ whos finally coming into his own for a 23 yr old who cant even keep an NHL roster spot over a guy like Matt Carkner

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 12:35 PM
  #44
senators101
Registered User
 
senators101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
He always played smart, the problem wasn't brains... it was balls.

He isn't physical, he gets pushed around, his shot is embarrassing. His offensive skills are skating the puck up ice and making nice breakout passes, both of which die the second he crosses centre ice.

Seriously what is a competent transitional defender with no physical or offensive game worth?
Maybe that's how he's forced to play knowing he's on a ****ing leash every time he's out there. If you know the organization has treated you like **** for the past few years then you're going to have to find a way to not give them a reason to sit your ass down again. His way was probably becoming much more defensive, playing smart, no-risk hockey.

And you're telling me doesn't hit? This year he was hitting a lot more. In fact, his hits per game is only less than Carkner on defense...ahead of Phillips, Hale, Campoli.

Don't talk to me about his offensive skills dying after centre ice. We're paying Kuba 3.7 million dollars and he's not doing much better.

Wtf more do you want from a dman who was given no chances and is trying to make a career for himself? A young d-man making virtually no errors while the other 5 around him are playing like garbage. I'll take that 7 days a week even if there's no offense coming with it.

senators101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 12:39 PM
  #45
The Expert
Registered Expert
 
The Expert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Jersey
Posts: 11,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Good Lord is there a lot of mixed opinions on this guy.
Yeah there's the people who watched him play, and the people who jerk off to his draft position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senators101 View Post
Maybe that's how he's forced to play knowing he's on a ****ing leash every time he's out there. If you know the organization has treated you like **** for the past few years then you're going to have to find a way to not give them a reason to sit your ass down again. His way was probably becoming much more defensive, playing smart, no-risk hockey.

And you're telling me doesn't hit? This year he was hitting a lot more. In fact, his hits per game is only less than Carkner on defense...ahead of Phillips, Hale, Campoli.

Don't talk to me about his offensive skills dying after centre ice. We're paying Kuba 3.7 million dollars and he's not doing much better.

Wtf more do you want from a dman who was given no chances and is trying to make a career for himself? A young d-man making virtually no errors while the other 5 around him are playing like garbage. I'll take that 7 days a week even if there's no offense coming with it.
Lee sucked, get over it. He's been outplayed by Hale all year, much like he was outplayd by Carkner last year. He's sucked any time he's been given an extended opportunity. He's bad offensively, and can't hit making him pretty tame defensively.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 12:45 PM
  #46
Section ThirtyOne
Registered User
 
Section ThirtyOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kitchener-Waterloo
Country: Canada
Posts: 321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFan26 View Post
Bad asset management.
Not bad, HORRIBLE asset management.

We're essentially giving away a top 10 pick for nothing. I'm not normally critical of Bryan Murray, but how this guy was handed was a mistake.

Section ThirtyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 12:46 PM
  #47
senators101
Registered User
 
senators101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
Yeah there's the people who watched him play, and the people who jerk off to his draft position.



Lee sucked, get over it. He's been outplayed by Hale all year, much like he was outplayd by Carkner last year. He's sucked any time he's been given an extended opportunity. He's bad offensively, and can't hit making him pretty tame defensively.
He sucked? 1 giveaway in 7 games, not bad. On the ice for one even strength goal in 7 games, not bad. Second most hits/game with the least ice time among our d-men, not bad. No offense? I agree to this completely, but you can't say he was given the opportunity. He was given a total of 12 seconds of PP time in 7 games.

I'd like to know what more you'd want from a young, 3rd pairing dman playing 10 minutes a game. His play was not bad at all this year. He has strugged over the past couple years, no doubt, but if you look at this year alone, he was taken out when he was probably the 2nd best of our 6 dmen.

senators101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 12:49 PM
  #48
Section ThirtyOne
Registered User
 
Section ThirtyOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kitchener-Waterloo
Country: Canada
Posts: 321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by senators101 View Post
He sucked? 1 giveaway in 7 games, not bad. On the ice for one even strength goal in 7 games, not bad. Second most hits/game with the least ice time among our d-men, not bad. No offense? I agree to this completely, but you can't say he was given the opportunity. He was given a total of 12 seconds of PP time in 7 games.

I'd like to know what more you'd want from a young, 3rd pairing dman playing 10 minutes a game. His play was not bad at all this year. He has strugged over the past couple years, no doubt, but if you look at this year alone, he was taken out when he was probably the 2nd best of our 6 dmen.
Agreed. He certainly wasn't a liability on the ice.

Which is more than I can say for a certain Senators defenceman making 3.7 million this year. If anyone needed to go, it was him.

Section ThirtyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 12:49 PM
  #49
MALKIN NTHE MIDDLE
▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
 
MALKIN NTHE MIDDLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ====█|¯¯¯-¯¯
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,580
vCash: 0
Hopefully Edmonton will pick him up.

MALKIN NTHE MIDDLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 12:50 PM
  #50
glucker
Registered User
 
glucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: London, ON
Posts: 4,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa I View Post
Toronto should pick him up drop lebda
No need, we got Lashoff

glucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.