HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > World Junior Championship
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
World Junior Championship Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

IIHF wants Stanley Cup champions to play European Champions

Closed Thread

Old
07-16-2004, 05:33 AM
Attica

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Attica
What about an all-star team from the NHL, and one from the combined leagues of Europe.

That's nowhere near a fair fight though.

Old
07-17-2004, 10:52 AM
Panopticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Galvin
I agree that the European leagues are better than people give credit for,but I'm not sure how hard the Leafs were playing in an exhibition game that was at the beginning of thier camp.
Maybe not that hard, but what makes you think that Jokerit played any harder. And even if they did, it's not like they were the best team in Finland last season...

Old
07-17-2004, 11:04 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommi462
Maybe not that hard, but what makes you think that Jokerit played any harder. And even if they did, it's not like they were the best team in Finland last season...
What makes me think Jokerit played harder is that they have a lot more to prove (maybe get noticed by an NHL team)than an NHL team on a trip preparing for a long 82 game season. As well as them playing at home in Finland and trying to appease the hometown fans. Also who wouldn't play hard against some old fellow countrymen and players they have looked up to that play in the best league in the world? Just my opinion though.

Closed Thread