HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Blackhawks Trying to Trade Up for Ovechkin

Closed Thread

Old
06-18-2004, 07:37 PM
capman29

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticalFan
I don't know about any standing rule, but GM's quote "McPhee says the fact he hasn't interviewed Malkin is one of the reasons why he won't commit to making Ovechkin the top pick." is what a lot of people are trying to read.

http://www.nhl.com/futures/needs/penguins.html
OK Folks you heard it here first : The caps take with the # pick in the draft ovechkin and the rest of the NHL cries . We have him you do not . The tears begin 1 second after we make the pick and all you bit ching ,yelling, crying. praying do not change that fact. To add insult to injury we will get crosby also and then it will be so great to be a caps fan for the next 10-15 years. And please take you crying to another part of the building hate to see grown men and women brake down in that manner.

Old
06-18-2004, 07:43 PM
Wally112pac

Caps gettin Crosby? Based on what?

Old
06-18-2004, 07:44 PM
Tap on the Ankle
expert analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by capman29
OK Folks you heard it here first : The caps take with the # pick in the draft ovechkin and the rest of the NHL cries . We have him you do not . The tears begin 1 second after we make the pick and all you bit ching ,yelling, crying. praying do not change that fact. To add insult to injury we will get crosby also and then it will be so great to be a caps fan for the next 10-15 years. And please take you crying to another part of the building hate to see grown men and women brake down in that manner.
I bet you were saying the same thing when the Caps got Jagr :lol :lol

Old
06-18-2004, 07:47 PM
CODevilsFan

Does anyone remember the hype surrounding Daigle?

Old
06-18-2004, 07:49 PM
capman29

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher
I bet you were saying the same thing when the Caps got Jagr :lol :lol
If used properly by a management and a coach he would have put up great numbers. You no nothing of what happened here in washington so keep you dimwitted comments to your self until you know what you are talking about.

By the way did you team win the cup? No so your team is just as big a loser as mine and that is funny . Regural season means nothing only winng the cup does so welcome to the losers bracket bud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
06-18-2004, 07:52 PM
Timmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy
No, clearly not. I'm sure a number of teams (currently successful and otherwise) are making their offers, but it's hard to imagine a team with less leverage than the Blackhawks at this particular time.

Arnason and an extra shot at Crosby is not a good deal at all IMO. Even Ruutu and an extra shot is not a good deal, and I'm sure the Hawks are loathe to even consider losing Ruutu (which is why I didn't consider it initially). Basically, they have to give up their existing "future franchise" players in order to get a different "future franchise player".

Even when you consider the big hitters making him an offer (say Detroit or Dallas), what are they going to offer that will be markedly better than the guys they just got rid of (Bondra, Jagr, Lang, etc.)? Maybe he's looking south? Atlanta might be a good candidate. They have two young superstars, a good young defensman and a decent shot at finishing in lottery-land next year (read: extra shot at Crosby)...?

Kovulchuk and 2005 first round pick?
Now no offense here intended but this is just silly. Kovulchuk plus next years first!!!!!!

Washington would jump on that and run laughing down the street, up the alley and over the hill. It is truely amazing how these boards inflate the value of a draft pick (yes I know it is Ovechkin) and deflate the value of existing excellent players.

crazy......

Old
06-18-2004, 07:54 PM
Tap on the Ankle
expert analysis

Quote:
If used properly by a management and a coach he would have put up great numbers. You no nothing of what happened here in washington so keep you dimwitted comments to your self until you know what you are talking about.

By the way did you team win the cup? No so your team is just as big a loser as mine and that is funny . Regural season means nothing only winng the cup does so welcome to the losers bracket bud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually, I'm pretty proud of what my team has accomplished thus far in our 12 short years. I cheer for them through thick and thin. Just because they don't win the Cup every year doesn't make them losers in my book, and that's all that matters.

I really couldn't care less about what some grammatically inclined child has to say about it.

Old
06-18-2004, 07:59 PM
Timmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODevilsFan
:lol

Old
06-18-2004, 08:02 PM
capman29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer
:lol
If that is what you think he will be then your team does not have to enter the contest. But Ovechkin will be more in the mold of wayne or mario very dominate player for years to come. So just remember you heard it here first.

Old
06-18-2004, 08:18 PM
Tap on the Ankle
expert analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODevilsFan
:lol Good old Daig, what a sack of skin. Doesn't really matter these days, though. We've been getting more than our fair share of great picks over the past few years, like Hossa, Havlat, Spezza, A-train, etc.

Old
06-18-2004, 08:35 PM
tom_servo

Quote:
So just remember you heard it here first.
I'll remember!

Old
06-18-2004, 08:36 PM
Timmer

Quote:
If that is what you think he will be then your team does not have to enter the contest. But Ovechkin will be more in the mold of wayne or mario very dominate player for years to come. So just remember you heard it here first.
I think that I heard it long before you have said it. However, Perhaps you are not old enough (not meant to be an insult) to remember that, that is exactly what Daigle was to be. The next Mario Lemieux. That is precisely what the hype was. Then he came into the NHL and had a real promising first year and then wamo!

So, while I think that Ovechkin will be better, one never can tell until they do it here, on the big stage. In my book a Kovolchuk, who has done it and has improved is worth significantly more than an Ovechkin until Ovechkin does it here in the NHL.

For the record, I hope he does and I would take the pick also, over any trade that would be offered because quite simply, no one will offer a Kovolchuk or the like for a potential one. I don't think any deal will be put on the table that will make Washington blink, but don't forget, at this point it is Hype. It doesn't turn real until he does it in the NHL.

Old
06-18-2004, 08:39 PM
Stuy

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/hawks.asp

Ruutu is not part of the deal.

Old
06-18-2004, 08:45 PM
capman29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer
I think that I heard it long before you have said it. However, Perhaps you are not old enough (not meant to be an insult) to remember that, that is exactly what Daigle was to be. The next Mario Lemieux. That is precisely what the hype was. Then he came into the NHL and had a real promising first year and then wamo!

So, while I think that Ovechkin will be better, one never can tell until they do it here, on the big stage. In my book a Kovolchuk, who has done it and has improved is worth significantly more than an Ovechkin until Ovechkin does it here in the NHL.

For the record, I hope he does and I would take the pick also, over any trade that would be offered because quite simply, no one will offer a Kovolchuk or the like for a potential one. I don't think any deal will be put on the table that will make Washington blink, but don't forget, at this point it is Hype. It doesn't turn real until he does it in the NHL.
You all keep using the word hype as if it were bad thing. Mario had all this hype but he made it after playing with the great one . And if ovechkin becomes the next wayne or mario and you traded him away what an a$$ you would feel like. So I do not care if you all think he is worth what it takes to get him you have no choice but to put up or shut up. Your choice of which one you deside to do,

Old
06-18-2004, 08:46 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Regardless of hype, if I'm Chicago I don't think I offer what some of you are asking/saying... Maybe #3 and Babchuk or #3 and Seabrook, but I don't see how trading Arnason, #3, next years 1st, and Babchuk is really going to help make the Hawks a better team. In fact it would be a brutal organizational trade. If the price is adequate the Hawks will swing a deal.

Old
06-18-2004, 08:53 PM
usiel

vCash: 878
Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken
Regardless of hype, if I'm Chicago I don't think I offer what some of you are asking/saying... Maybe #3 and Babchuk or #3 and Seabrook, but I don't see how trading Arnason, #3, next years 1st, and Babchuk is really going to help make the Hawks a better team. In fact it would be a brutal organizational trade. If the price is adequate the Hawks will swing a deal.
Your exactly right...but from all indications from the caps organization is that they want ovechkin and it would take "overpay" to get him....in my opinion. Thats why I don't think there will be a trade. If the talent in the top 5 were all relatively equal it might be a different story but the two russians are clearly the cream of the crop....at this time. And because of that dropoff a team trading would probably overpay.

Old
06-18-2004, 08:58 PM
Tap on the Ankle
expert analysis

Personally, I don't think there will be a deal. There is too much risk involved for both sides. Was and Chi are rebuilding right now and they both like what they've got (for the most part) and wouldn't want to take any chances on it. They're better off sitting there wondering what could have been than making a trade like this with the possibility of it turning into a Millbury deluxe with a side of fries.

Old
06-18-2004, 09:40 PM
capman29

Quote:
Personally, I don't think there will be a deal. There is too much risk involved for both sides. Was and Chi are rebuilding right now and they both like what they've got (for the most part) and wouldn't want to take any chances on it. They're better off sitting there wondering what could have been than making a trade like this with the possibility of it turning into a Millbury deluxe with a side of fries.
Fisher: You have seen the light that trade would set back both teams and from the caps position the fans would revolt. He is of most value to washington by giving them a franchise player that bring interset and fans to the caps. They only lose if they trade him >>>> Good post thanks

Old
06-18-2004, 11:09 PM
GaryU

Cap, you got it. If Washington doesn't keep the pick the fans will go nuts. Same thing in Chicago if Ruutu was traded. No problem.
The fans didn't come up with this stuff regarding switching picks, the writers did. Get p.o.'d at them.
You're a pretty sharp guy, this McPhee/Tallon stuff is more of your favorite thing. HYPE.

Old
06-19-2004, 02:10 AM
capman29

Quote:
Actually, I'm pretty proud of what my team has accomplished thus far in our 12 short years. I cheer for them through thick and thin. Just because they don't win the Cup every year doesn't make them losers in my book, and that's all that matters.

I really couldn't care less about what some grammatically inclined child has to say about it.
I may be grammatically challanged but if you do not win it all you cannot be a winner. Look up the definition of the word winner and the definition of loser then get back to me. In all sports where they keep score to determine the outcome there are winners and there are losers. Any team that does nmot stand on the top of the pyramid and seasons end are nothing but losers and cannot claim anything else. Furthermore what you think about it does not matter because it is out of your hands and you have no imput in its determination. Take offense all you want but the truth will still be the truth no matter what you want to believe.

As i said I may be grammatically challange but to me you are the childless one that when you do not like whats said you take your ball and go home.

If that is how you want to be then be happy in your childish dream world.

Old
06-19-2004, 06:54 AM
PecaFan

These proposals are just nuts. Four players to move up *two* spots?

Old
06-19-2004, 07:07 AM
Amen evil king
Amen, Evil King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy
Maybe he's looking south? Atlanta might be a good candidate. They have two young superstars, a good young defensman and a decent shot at finishing in lottery-land next year (read: extra shot at Crosby)...?

Kovulchuk and 2005 first round pick?
Oh. Dear. God.

Old
06-19-2004, 07:52 AM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Dear Mr. Wirtz:

Good way to get into the news, Chicago. We know you aren't seriously trying to get Ovechkin. You have nothing to give to even stay remotely competitive. So are the other losers who are trying to get the #1 pick. Just stop already.

Old
06-19-2004, 08:08 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by PecaFan
These proposals are just nuts. Four players to move up *two* spots?
yes, 4 players to move up two spots. the year mario lemeiux was drafted i believe that Kirk Muller was the 2nd player chosen. would you have traded 4 players to move up from Muller to Mario? I think so.

Old
06-19-2004, 08:18 AM
Classic Devil
Moderator Emeritus

Awards:
Quote:

No, but my team did, if that means anything. And he's right. Ovechkin is but a prospect, nothing more until he proves it on the ice. For every player who has come out of a draft and proven his mettle there are three or four who flop.

Closed Thread