HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Blackhawks Trying to Trade Up for Ovechkin

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-19-2004, 08:23 AM
  #51
Classic Devil
Moderator Emeritus
 
Classic Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 34,201
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd
yes, 4 players to move up two spots. the year mario lemeiux was drafted i believe that Kirk Muller was the 2nd player chosen. would you have traded 4 players to move up from Muller to Mario? I think so.
A single example (that was 1984). In 1985, would you trade four players to move from Craig Simpson to Wendel Clark? Or in 1986, from Jimmy Carson to Joe Murphy? 87', from Shanahan to Turgeon?

In 1983, the first overall pick was Brian Lawton, followed by Sylvain Turgeon, then Pat LaFontaine, Steve Yzerman, Tom Barrasso, John MacLean, Russ Courtnall, Cam Neely, Jeff Beukeboom... what pick would you rather have?

1982 is the same thing. First overall is Gord Kluzak, and players who were behind him included Ron Sutter, Scott Stevens, Phil Housley, Dave Andreychuk, Ken Daneyko, Murray Craven, Tomas Sandstrom, Pat Verbeek, Kevin Dineen, Ulf Samuelsson...

Classic Devil is offline  
Old
06-19-2004, 08:46 AM
  #52
X0ssbar
 
X0ssbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: ...on a star!
Country: United States
Posts: 13,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame_Star_Devil
A single example (that was 1984). In 1985, would you trade four players to move from Craig Simpson to Wendel Clark? Or in 1986, from Jimmy Carson to Joe Murphy? 87', from Shanahan to Turgeon?

In 1983, the first overall pick was Brian Lawton, followed by Sylvain Turgeon, then Pat LaFontaine, Steve Yzerman, Tom Barrasso, John MacLean, Russ Courtnall, Cam Neely, Jeff Beukeboom... what pick would you rather have?

1982 is the same thing. First overall is Gord Kluzak, and players who were behind him included Ron Sutter, Scott Stevens, Phil Housley, Dave Andreychuk, Ken Daneyko, Murray Craven, Tomas Sandstrom, Pat Verbeek, Kevin Dineen, Ulf Samuelsson...
That's a great point.

X0ssbar is offline  
Old
06-19-2004, 09:17 AM
  #53
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,768
vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by PecaFan
These proposals are just nuts. Four players to move up *two* spots?
the teams picking behind the Caps think the first 2 picks will be franchise players.Every pick after those 2 will be a major step down.

Why should the Caps settle for the very good player at #3 overall unless they are getting overwhemed?

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
06-19-2004, 09:18 AM
  #54
hb6947
Hooked Since '78
 
hb6947's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bellmore, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,022
vCash: 500
With Washington trading away all their expierence except for Kolzig, Witt , rumors that ownership loves Bondra and managements credo to bring in expierenced players prior to getting the first pick, it is my opinion that if they move the pick it will be for good PLAYERS 26 -29. Then they will fill in the holes with the young talent they have. Can't see a team like the Caps starting anew with a bunch of kids.
And for some reason I also see them being more interested in drafting Malkin as centers of his ilk are hard to find.
I also think the russian hockey officals will quietly weigh in heavily as to where Ovetchkin plays.

hb6947 is offline  
Old
06-19-2004, 09:19 AM
  #55
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,768
vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehtonen32
Oh. Dear. God.

I agree that one's going overboard.Kovalchuk at 21/22 is already a franchise player.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
06-19-2004, 09:24 AM
  #56
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,768
vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by hb6947
With Washington trading away all their expierence except for Kolzig, Witt , rumors that ownership loves Bondra and managements credo to bring in expierenced players prior to getting the first pick, it is my opinion that if they move the pick it will be for good PLAYERS 26 -29. Then they will fill in the holes with the young talent they have. Can't see a team like the Caps starting anew with a bunch of kids.
.

Where did you read that Caps management wanted to bring in expierenced players prior to getting the first pick?Cause I've read the Caps owner and gm have given interviews saying they want to rebuild with kids.

and the reason Kolzig is still a Cap is because McPhee refused to just salary dump him at the trade deadline,he was insisting that teams give up young talent.Neither McPhee or the gms interested in Kolzig blinked and the trade deadline passed.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
06-19-2004, 09:56 AM
  #57
PSUhockey34
Registered User
 
PSUhockey34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Austin,TX
Posts: 5,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by capman29
If that is what you think he will be then your team does not have to enter the contest. But Ovechkin will be more in the mold of wayne or mario very dominate player for years to come. So just remember you heard it here first.
Wow you're talking all crazy like, what inside source did you get the from? Its not like thats been said a million times by a million people on this site and the hockey world in general

PSUhockey34 is offline  
Old
06-19-2004, 04:40 PM
  #58
capman29
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM3owner
Wow you're talking all crazy like, what inside source did you get the from? Its not like thats been said a million times by a million people on this site and the hockey world in general
You took the hole thing out of contex. What I had said was if your another team and you do not think he is worth a kings ransom get out of the bidding. Ovechkin at this monent in time has a very high value because you are dealing with projection and preceptions of what he will be.If he is as projected ( like mario or wayne ) he become a steal regardless of the payment surrendered and you know that. This is why the price tag to obtain him is and will be so high because he is projected to be the next great player.

So please stop all this baloney that he has not played a day in the NHL because that is not paet of the equation and if you do not know that by now then value is also unknown to you

capman29 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.