HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trading a 2nd rounder to Canucks.

Closed Thread

Old
06-18-2004, 11:25 AM
Peter

vCash: 500
Trading a 2nd rounder to Canucks.

Would the Black Hawks be willing/interested in trading one of the 2nd rounders to teh Canucks for any of these players:

1) Ruttuu
2) May
3) Sopel
4) Chubarov
5) Federov
6) King

Thanks.

Old
06-18-2004, 11:44 AM
GaryU

How bout a 4th? OK, a 3rd for Ruutu's bro.

Old
06-18-2004, 11:45 AM
Flames Draft Watcher

How about Denis Gauthier to the Hawks for a 2nd? He and Brian Sutter know each other quite well.

Old
06-18-2004, 05:26 PM
salty justice

Ill take Ruutu, Sopel, and King for 2 2nds.

Old
06-18-2004, 06:09 PM
Hawkalyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher
How about Denis Gauthier to the Hawks for a 2nd? He and Brian Sutter know each other quite well.

Gauthier would fill a need, done

Old
06-18-2004, 09:26 PM
Youreallygotme

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBob
:lol :lol

Old
06-19-2004, 08:08 AM
Behn Wilson

If we make two deals for seconds and get both Gauthier and Ruutu I would be happy. It upgrades our team toughnesss and both players would be solid acquisitions. A second is probably (slightly) overpaying for Ruutu but I would still be tempted to make that deal.

Then draft Olesz and sign Glen Murray and we are starting to look a little more competitive.

Old
06-19-2004, 02:54 PM
Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behn Wilson
and sign Glen Murray and we are starting to look a little more competitive.
With what money?

Old
06-19-2004, 07:43 PM
RI Canuck

Other than Sopel, none of them are worth a second round pick.

Old
06-20-2004, 12:28 AM
GaryU

Teemu, we HAVE the money. Not that $Bill likes to part with it.
We sold just about everything of value at the deadline. Hell, we even got that sap on L.I. to take Krapo AND give us a 4th!!!

Old
06-20-2004, 10:25 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter
Would the Black Hawks be willing/interested in trading one of the 2nd rounders to teh Canucks for any of these players:

1) Ruttuu
2) May
3) Sopel
4) Chubarov
5) Federov
6) King

Thanks.
2nd rounder for Ruutu and May--no problem
Sopel--will cost yeah more
Federov you can have
King and Chuberov are still big question marks and with this being a bad draft year--it would cost yeah more

Old
06-20-2004, 11:23 AM
Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryU
Teemu, we HAVE the money. Not that $Bill likes to part with it.
We sold just about everything of value at the deadline. Hell, we even got that sap on L.I. to take Krapo AND give us a 4th!!!
The only free agents this team signs are group VI free agents and buyouts (McLean, Strudwick, Nichol, Quint) and group III free agents ten years removed of their prime (Fleury, Gilmour)

Old
06-20-2004, 11:47 AM
GaryU

Teemu, buddy. I'm certainly NOT anticipating the Hawks getting a viable talented winger. I'm just saying Wirtz is worth close to a Billion dollars. The money is there, just not usually available.

Old
06-20-2004, 02:08 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Of course Wirtz can spend wisely! The only problem is that if we sign Murray he'll be gone in a couple months to a team thats making the playoffs.

Old
06-22-2004, 01:34 AM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RI Canuck
Other than Sopel, none of them are worth a second round pick.
Chubarov and King are not worth a 2nd rounder? Do you watch hockey?

Chubarov is the Canucks' best defensive forward, he's why their PK was 4th in the NHL last season. King is a tough, gritty prospect with a nose for the net and a decent shot who plays his hardest every shift - any GM would give a 2nd rounder in a weak draft for Jason King, even if they didn't need him.

Old
06-22-2004, 11:37 AM
Stuy

I would take Gauthier and Ruutu in a heartbeat.

Old
06-23-2004, 03:30 PM
Behn Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmad
Chubarov and King are not worth a 2nd rounder? Do you watch hockey?

Chubarov is the Canucks' best defensive forward, he's why their PK was 4th in the NHL last season. King is a tough, gritty prospect with a nose for the net and a decent shot who plays his hardest every shift - any GM would give a 2nd rounder in a weak draft for Jason King, even if they didn't need him.

Um, No they wouldnt. HOMER ALERT!!!!

You are seriously overrating a marginal prospect.

Old
06-23-2004, 03:48 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Um, No they wouldnt. HOMER ALERT!!!!

You are seriously overrating a marginal prospect.
maybe a homer, but there is no way that the canucks deal either Chubarov or King for a 2nd round pick in this draft.

Chubarov's worth is all based on intangibles... we need him on our team... he is one of our top PK forwards and one of our best faceoff men... and he's one of the guys that stands out in his playoff play - and most coaches that we've played against in the playoffs have singled him out as one of our best workers.

King is still early to tell, but what he showed last year deserves a longer audition instead of moving him for a 2nd round pick.

Ruutu is worth maybe a 3rd or 4th pick... May is worth the same probably (he's a UFA after this season)... Sopel I wouldn't deal at all at this stage... his value is a lot higher to the team that the crap that's been thrown around these boards about him... he's still a top 4 dman on our team, and plays on the top unit!

Fedorov is worthless - a 6th round pick would probably be more than enough for him.

Old
06-23-2004, 03:51 PM
SedinFan*

Send a message via MSN to SedinFan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by theBob
haha ohhhhhhhh that made me laugh.

Old
06-23-2004, 04:15 PM
Behn Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO
maybe a homer, but there is no way that the canucks deal either Chubarov or King for a 2nd round pick in this draft.

Chubarov's worth is all based on intangibles... we need him on our team... he is one of our top PK forwards and one of our best faceoff men... and he's one of the guys that stands out in his playoff play - and most coaches that we've played against in the playoffs have singled him out as one of our best workers.

King is still early to tell, but what he showed last year deserves a longer audition instead of moving him for a 2nd round pick.

Ruutu is worth maybe a 3rd or 4th pick... May is worth the same probably (he's a UFA after this season)... Sopel I wouldn't deal at all at this stage... his value is a lot higher to the team that the crap that's been thrown around these boards about him... he's still a top 4 dman on our team, and plays on the top unit!

Fedorov is worthless - a 6th round pick would probably be more than enough for him.
No argument from me on Chubarov, every team needs a player like him. Im not a big fan of King, he played over his head for a month or so and then faded and came back to earth. Im not even sure he will make the Nucks this year.,

Old
06-23-2004, 04:25 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
No argument from me on Chubarov, every team needs a player like him. Im not a big fan of King, he played over his head for a month or so and then faded and came back to earth. Im not even sure he will make the Nucks this year.,
I agree on King... you never know.

but I wouldn't deal him at this stage for a 2nd round pick... the chances that King turns into a legit NHLer are better IMO than someone that we can grab in the 2nd round.

If King was lazy and had a bad work ethic like Fedorov, I wouldn't hesitate to move him... but he's a hard working guy, that does whatever is asked of him... he's slumped not because of lack of effort - players like that I would always have more patience for than guys like Fedorov, who has more skill and talent in one finger than King does altogether!

Last year King made the team out of camp - something that no one expected... he went on to have a month of his life scoring 11 goals in 11 games! then couldn't buy a goal for several months after that... he was sent to the minors, or sat in the box for games during his slump too... but everytime he was on the ice he worked hard, did the little things, even if he couldn't score... he always went to the net, got pounded, but got right back up...

that to me shows character... and guys like that I take a chance on... maybe he doesn't work out and never really becomes an NHLer... but his work ethic and commitment to our team has earned him that chance IMO... moving him for a 2nd makes no sense.

I would on the other hand deal Ruutu and Fedorov for a 2nd rounder..... Ruutu works hard too, but I think his ceiling has been reached for us... in Chicago he brings more to the table (brother-sitter), but in Vancouver I'd take a 2nd rounder for him and promote Bouck.

Old
06-24-2004, 03:10 AM
salty justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedinFan
haha ohhhhhhhh that made me laugh.

You are a fool if you think any of those players are worth more than a 3rd rounder. Ruutu is worth a 4th at best. 4th line grinders like him who cant fight him are a dime a dozen, you think because we have his franchise brother his value is automatically increased? NO! King is the poster boy for kids with inconsistency and lazyness. And Sopel is a marginal #5 or 6 offensive dman at best, and we already have Berard who had the best production of any defenseman last year, so he wouldnt get much ice time on the Hawks.
So say they are worth two 3rds and one 4th. Id say that two 2nds would be better than those 3 picks in this draft.

Closed Thread