HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/1/10 "Duck Hunt" - Panthers VS Ducks

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

vCash: 500
OMG, did we just? Yes we did just score a PP goal!

Old
12-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Erick

NO WAY! A POWERPLAY GOAL!

Old
12-01-2010, 11:49 PM
Erick

And just like that the Ducks score on another turnover.

Old
12-01-2010, 11:50 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

damn, nice play by Getzlaf, Vokoun had no chance on that one.

Old
12-02-2010, 12:14 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

oh cmon, we were going to go 1 for 1 on the PP(perfect) for the game ref!

Old
12-02-2010, 12:17 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

OMG, 2 for 2 on the PP!!! My jinx worked!!!

Old
12-02-2010, 12:19 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

And McCabe gives away any chance of a tie.

Old
12-02-2010, 12:24 AM
flapanthersfan

The good:

Mike Santorelli: He's good.

Steve Bernier. He's slow, but i like his game.

Keaton Ellerby: I thought he was very impressive. How did Rochester fans give this guy so much crap? He's big, can skate extremely well, and starting to play physical. I thought he looked like our best defensman tonight.

The bad:

Michael Repik: He was terrible. Turnover after turnover. I like his offensive upside, but he has to clean up his game alot. I'm surprised DeBoer continued to play him

Darcy Hordichuk: I missed the fight, but same as Repik, he was absolutely awful

Jason Garrison: Worst game i've ever seen him play. He is generally solid but tonight I thought he played pretty poorly.

Bryan McCabe: I didn't notice him do anything good or bad before the 5th anaheim goal. LOL @ that turnover.

I didn't think Wideman or Weaver had a particularly good game, either.

The missing:

David Booth: Not only is he not scoring, he's invisible. He's just not contributing at all.....

Michael Frolik: Did he play tonight?

Old
12-02-2010, 12:27 AM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
The good:

Mike Santorelli: He's good.

Steve Bernier. He's slow, but i like his game.

Keaton Ellerby: I thought he was very impressive. How did Rochester fans give this guy so much crap? He's big, can skate extremely well, and starting to play physical. I thought he looked like our best defensman tonight.

The bad:

Michael Repik: He was terrible. Turnover after turnover. I like his offensive upside, but he has to clean up his game alot. I'm surprised DeBoer continued to play him

Darcy Hordichuk: I missed the fight, but same as Repik, he was absolutely awful

Jason Garrison: Worst game i've ever seen him play. He is generally solid but tonight I thought he played pretty poorly.

Bryan McCabe: I didn't notice him do anything good or bad before the 5th anaheim goal. LOL @ that turnover.

I didn't think Wideman or Weaver had a particularly good game, either.

The missing:

David Booth: Not only is he not scoring, he's invisible. He's just not contributing at all.....

Michael Frolik: Did he play tonight?
i would put kulikov in the good. i think it was his best game all year.

Old
12-02-2010, 12:30 AM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Lindsay was dead on when he said that we kept shooting outselves in the foot. We lost because of lazy mistakes which lead to Ducks scoring chances and goals. Besides Bernier, whom had a great game, Booth, Santorelli, and maybe Weiss, I really don't think anyone had a very good game. I can't fault Vokoun on any of the goals. I'm really getting annoyed at our defensemen not being able to hold the puck into the opposing zone on the point or letting the other team have so many takeaways.

Old
12-02-2010, 12:30 AM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandPanther View Post
i would put kulikov in the good. i think it was his best game all year.
agreed - he's been playing alot better lately.

Old
12-02-2010, 12:34 AM
Erick

I don't think Repik did bad. He had his good moments. He had a shift there when he laid a nice hit on a Duck player, and almost created a legit scoring chance/scored a goal.

McCabe was absolutely awful the whole entire game. Wideman sucked, too.

I agree about Ellerby; he had a shift there in the 3rd period, looking like Bouwmeester skating from end to end. Kulikov also did well, tonight. Rest of the defensemen were either mediocre/absolutely attrocious.

Vokoun was good, as well. Without him, the Ducks probably score about 8-9 goals. He made at least 3 or 4 very impressive saves.

The Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry line was toying around with the Panthers all night. They did whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted.

Old
12-02-2010, 12:42 AM
zeroG

only saw the last 5 minutes but... am encouraged to see ellerby continuing to do well. he's looked good in his time with the big club this season: poised, physical and a solid passer. i would not be surprised if he stuck around for good.

repik was a -3, btw. he only got 1 shift that i saw in the final 5-6 minutes.

Old
12-02-2010, 12:55 AM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
I don't think Repik did bad. He had his good moments. He had a shift there when he laid a nice hit on a Duck player, and almost created a legit scoring chance/scored a goal.

McCabe was absolutely awful the whole entire game. Wideman sucked, too.

I agree about Ellerby; he had a shift there in the 3rd period, looking like Bouwmeester skating from end to end. Kulikov also did well, tonight. Rest of the defensemen were either mediocre/absolutely attrocious.

Vokoun was good, as well. Without him, the Ducks probably score about 8-9 goals. He made at least 3 or 4 very impressive saves.

The Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry line was toying around with the Panthers all night. They did whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted.
couldn't disagree more about repik. i like him alot, but he was horrible tonight. maybe he made a nice play or two in the offensive zone, but defensively, he was atrocious

Old
12-02-2010, 01:02 AM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
couldn't disagree more about repik. i like him alot, but he was horrible tonight. maybe he made a nice play or two in the offensive zone, but defensively, he was atrocious
Guess it's a mistake on my part, and I didn't notice.

It was the worst defensive team game they've played this year, imo. Even Reasoner turned a puck over that led to a goal, and he's usually very steady, defensively.

Old
12-02-2010, 01:11 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

T-Vo got hung out to dry by his defense this game. Terrible turnovers in the slot every few minutes by a defenseman, he bailed the D out 3 or 4 times but that was about all anyone could do. Will he play tomorrow night or be given a rest vs LA? If there are going to be a ton of turnovers again, I hope he has the night off.

Old
12-02-2010, 03:18 AM
Gudbranson44

im beginning to understand the leafs fans who bashed so badly on mccabe before he was traded. i noticed it a bit last season, but i feel its been getting so much worse this year; its his dumb turnovers. very often, they lead to a great scoring chance or goal for the opposing team.
i remember maybe 5 games ago he was behind the net and for some reason tried to pass to no one 6 feet infront of vokoun. Obviously someone took the puck and scored.

So to be honest guys, if we're gonna tank this year, we might as well keep him

EDIT:
Wooow 900th post!

Old
12-02-2010, 06:11 AM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisournextbure View Post
i remember maybe 5 games ago he was behind the net and for some reason tried to pass to no one 6 feet infront of vokoun. Obviously someone took the puck and scored.
Yeah, that was at the Islanders game.
http://video.islanders.nhl.com/video...70852&fr=false

Old
12-02-2010, 06:26 AM
Gudbranson44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Yeah, that was at the Islanders game.
http://video.islanders.nhl.com/video...70852&fr=false
thats our captain!

Old
12-02-2010, 09:00 AM
zeroG

Quote:
im beginning to understand the leafs fans who bashed so badly on mccabe before he was traded. i noticed it a bit last season, but i feel its been getting so much worse this year; its his dumb turnovers. very often, they lead to a great scoring chance or goal for the opposing team.

EDIT:
Wooow 900th post!
it's a game of mistakes - plays like that will happen from time to time. guess we can see who the new whipping boy's going to be

Old
12-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Two4Fighting

Our first goal was scored because of a rare gathering of players in front of the net, something we don't do anymore.

Ellerby was awesome, he looked very capable during this game.

The Ducks were anticipating our passes all night long, the reason why we could not get anything steady going, it seems as if the coach strategy was the wrong one for this type of team.

This game was not a typical Panthers game, they were trying to play a different type of game I guess to fit the opponent, but whatever it was, it was executed poorly, everyone looked out of place, blind passes to no one, rushed passes on the breakout that were to far ahead or behind or out of reach for our forwards, Ducks intercepting must of the passes, Booth was totally shutdown, just a mess, Hordichuck pass in our Defense to their forward for a goal was just devastating.

Santorelli is our leading scorer and continues to improve, the only bright spot in this long journey to make the playoffs.

The Panthers continues to reinforce the idea that this is a .500 team, which is not good enough for the draft, we have two options, either we tank or make the playoffs, somewhere in the middle of this two would be a disappointment for many here.

Old
12-02-2010, 09:22 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:

EDIT:
Wooow 900th post!
So me constantly posting how much of a fartbrain he is didn't get ya?
...but you're right about the last sentence(no, not the 900th post! lol before that)

Old
12-02-2010, 09:26 AM
Two4Fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
it's a game of mistakes - plays like that will happen from time to time. guess we can see who the new whipping boy's going to be
That was so evident in this game, we paid dearly for every mistake we made.

Last edited by Two4Fighting: 12-02-2010 at 10:39 AM.
Old
12-02-2010, 09:29 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
only saw the last 5 minutes but... am encouraged to see ellerby continuing to do well. he's looked good in his time with the big club this season: poised, physical and a solid passer. i would not be surprised if he stuck around for good.

repik was a -3, btw. he only got 1 shift that i saw in the final 5-6 minutes.
Ellerby has started to look better and might turn out to be a solid second pairing d-man. I think Ellerby has started to gain a lot of confidence which has improved his play. You can't intercept a pass in the neutral zone like he did last night unless you're on top of your game. He sort of looked like Bouw out there.

Santo has been great. Good job by the Organization picking him over Grabner.

PP looked competent last night.

Defensive play was atrocious.

McCabe on the empty net goal was ridiculous. Not sure what he was he thinking.

Repik is being wasted on the fourth line, imo. Even though he was a -3 and some may say his defensive game isn't worthy of top line minutes, I don't think we'll get a lot out of him playing with Reino and Hordichuk.

Old
12-02-2010, 01:45 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Ellerby has started to look better and might turn out to be a solid second pairing d-man. I think Ellerby has started to gain a lot of confidence which has improved his play. You can't intercept a pass in the neutral zone like he did last night unless you're on top of your game. He sort of looked like Bouw out there.

Santo has been great. Good job by the Organization picking him over Grabner.

PP looked competent last night.

Defensive play was atrocious.

McCabe on the empty net goal was ridiculous. Not sure what he was he thinking.

Repik is being wasted on the fourth line, imo. Even though he was a -3 and some may say his defensive game isn't worthy of top line minutes, I don't think we'll get a lot out of him playing with Reino and Hordichuk.
i think he's there now. i am at the point where i'd rather see him out there than allen.

were we doing anything different PP wise?

Closed Thread