HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kastsitsyn's work ethic

Closed Thread

Old
06-18-2004, 12:17 PM
Guig

vCash: 500
Kastsitsyn's work ethic

I just wanna know if Kasty works 110% each game, if he has determination and if he has a good work ethic.

Old
06-18-2004, 12:18 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiG
I just wanna know if Kasty works 110% each game, if he has determination and if he has a good work ethic.
I read everywhere that when he have the puck, he play 110% for effort...If he don't have the puck, he float on the ice.

Old
06-18-2004, 12:38 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiG
Kastsitsyn is giving his 110 % each game !!!! From what I have read he has passion, he wants the puck if he don't have the puck he will do anything to rehave it , some nights he is the ''go to'' guys.I am gonna tell you something the effort is not a weaknesse of Kast.

Old
06-18-2004, 04:34 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
I read everywhere that when he have the puck, he play 110% for effort...If he don't have the puck, he float on the ice.

That's how I would put it from 2 games I've seen. In the offensive zone he goes into high gear, in the netural zone/defensive zone he's got cement in his shoes. But 2 games isn't much to go off. Hopefully he's signed soon and we can all see for ourselves.

Old
06-18-2004, 08:18 PM
Madevilz

Sergei Berezin?
Mariusz Czerkawski?

Old
06-18-2004, 11:49 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz
Sergei Berezin?
Mariusz Czerkawski?
Well, if he can become a little bit better then them, I would be happy. Both put some great stats in their career...Sure they didn't do much for the Habs but they saw other team with less presure. Kast will start with the presure on him so he will be OK...

Old
06-19-2004, 12:50 PM
bossy22

Here are some notes from a source who has seen Kastsitsyn play more than a few games:

He is a very talented player, but shouldn't have been picked that high. He was a project pick. Tries to do too much himself, and gets man handled in the Super League, even during practice. I realize that this is the Super League and he is 18, but still, guys like Zherdev and Polushin performed better at that age. On the junior level he kicks major butt, and resembles Zherdev, but at this point only at the junior level. So, I wouldn't say the pick was bad, and he doesn't have a future, but I would say that he hasn't yet turned the "corner".

Old
06-19-2004, 12:56 PM
EaGLE1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossy22
Here are some notes from a source who has seen Kastsitsyn play more than a few games:

He is a very talented player, but shouldn't have been picked that high. He was a project pick. Tries to do too much himself, and gets man handled in the Super League, even during practice. I realize that this is the Super League and he is 18, but still, guys like Zherdev and Polushin performed better at that age. On the junior level he kicks major butt, and resembles Zherdev, but at this point only at the junior level. So, I wouldn't say the pick was bad, and he doesn't have a future, but I would say that he hasn't yet turned the "corner".
Who's the source? A leaf fan? :lol

Old
06-19-2004, 01:18 PM
bossy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1

The comments are from a source I have on the Eastern European Board, who lives in the Moscow area and has seen Kastsitsyn play.

Last edited by bossy22: 06-22-2004 at 07:18 PM.
Old
06-19-2004, 01:40 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossy22

WHAT ?!?!?! I know that kast is a very talented player but he was one of the most telented player in the draft of 2003 and I don't agree with that '' but shouldn't have been picked that high'' the big weakness of the Habs was the talent and Kast was projected one of the most talented player of the 2003 that's why the habs pick him ,I don't why does he is saying that he shouldn' have been picked that high.

Last edited by CH Wizard: 06-19-2004 at 01:50 PM.
Old
06-19-2004, 01:45 PM
sharkyz15

Send a message via AIM to sharkyz15 Send a message via Yahoo to sharkyz15
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1

I have also heard that he was having major troubles in the RSL

It's not just a rumor its a fact

Old
06-19-2004, 01:55 PM
Form and Substance

Well Kyle Woodlief reiterated the same sentiment over and again: that KAsTS IS BY FAR THE BEST PLAYER IN THE DRAFT!!!! I hope this quells naysayers, or justfuel their angst.

Old
06-19-2004, 02:01 PM
Rahan

I think the report bossy22 pasted us is probably right, guys. So what if he doesn't get in the NHL a 19, we're not the kind of team that rushes prospects for no reason. Doesn't mean he's a bust, we will see. Nothing tells us he's the greatest thing ever so stop jumping to the roof when someone shares his doubts (and when their report looks right).

Old
06-19-2004, 02:21 PM
Guig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leachmeister2000
Well Kyle Woodlief reiterated the same sentiment over and again: that KAsTS IS BY FAR THE BEST PLAYER IN THE DRAFT!!!! I hope this quells naysayers, or justfuel their angst.
He didn't say he was the best player of the draft, he said he was the most talented player of the draft and not by far.

Old
06-19-2004, 02:22 PM
Guig

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
I think the report bossy22 pasted us is probably right, guys. So what if he doesn't get in the NHL a 19, we're not the kind of team that rushes prospects for no reason. Doesn't mean he's a bust, we will see. Nothing tells us he's the greatest thing ever so stop jumping to the roof when someone shares his doubts (and when their report looks right).
I totally agree, we'll see

Old
06-19-2004, 02:22 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 1928
Quote:
Yup, I agree 100%.

Old
06-19-2004, 02:24 PM
Madevilz

bah ill draw my own conclusion when he comes to play in north america.

Old
06-20-2004, 12:06 AM
bossy22

Quote:

I've been following Kastsitsyn's development for over a year now and with the exception of some reports from Montreal (MOD), I have not seen very much posted on his progress from anyone who has actually seen him play. That being said, everyone has to remember this is someone's opinion so take it for what its worth. I posted it because it comes from someone in Russia who has actually seen him play on a regular basis. Therefore, IMO, it holds more water than someone who comments on his progress from reports and stats.

Old
06-20-2004, 12:22 AM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leachmeister2000
Woodlief said that Kastsitsyn was the most offensively gifted player in the draft.

Nobody's doubting that... it's his game in the neutral and defensive zone that (apparentely) is mediocre.

Old
06-20-2004, 12:24 AM
Thomas

Send a message via MSN to Thomas
I wouldnt blow off bossy22's comments so easily. Kastsitsyn was a high risk high reward type player and not a sure bet to make the NHL when he was drafted. Hes got the skill, but hes still a project, and was drafted as one. Kyle Woodlief and Red Line was only one opinion, and he is known to overhype certain players he fancies. Just because someone has a different opinion on our best prospect shouldnt be a reason to shun him, it was quite obvious Kastsitsyn was a project at the draft table.

Closed Thread