HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colton Orr

Old
12-01-2010, 01:27 PM
leafempire187

vCash: 500
Colton Orr

as a fan of him last year and with the off season trade for a measily 5th for The warrior in Mike Brown i feel the need that we dont need Orr anymore what team needs a fighter? what are you willing to give up for him?

leafempire187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 01:33 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
lol why would we trade orr? he prolley does not have much value to other teams anyways, might as well keep him, he does his job well

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 01:36 PM
HappyGilmourr

Colton Orr is very good at what he does... and thats enforcing fear into the other team, creating energy, and can even chip in with a goal now and then. Isn't that what you want for a 4th liner? He rarely takes stupid penalties either. Your discrediting Colton Orr...

HappyGilmourr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Dogkota

If Orr becomes available for a low pick, I bet Ken Holland picks him up. He's one of the rare great fighters that also happens to be a decent hockey player.

Dogkota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 01:50 PM
dubey
Phagoof am i rite??/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogkota View Post
If Orr becomes available for a low pick, I bet Ken Holland picks him up. He's one of the rare great fighters that also happens to be a decent hockey player.
He's untouchable. Burke won't trade him.

dubey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Berserker*

Maybe a fifth round pick at highest. McGrattan got that for the sens a few years ago.

He has done a pretty decent job for the leafs so far and has actually become more of a player. Not bad fourth liner, not sure why you want to get rid of him. The leafs have a lot bigger issues than trying to fix their fourth line. Besides all of your skilled forwards are tiny, Orr provides the space and necessary protection for them.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Seguins Dragon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post

Colton Orr is very good at what he does... and thats enforcing fear into the other team, creating energy, and can even chip in with a goal now and then. Isn't that what you want for a 4th liner? He rarely takes stupid penalties either. Your discrediting Colton Orr...
I am confused...

You have a leaf name, and are defending a leaf player... but make this comment...

Do you even watch the leafs???.. he takes a dumb penalty once a game almost.

Seriously, Orr is arguably the best fighter in the league, but with his cap hit and what he brings... you don't need that.

Not many teams have a true heavy weight cement head like Orr anymore, he is the last of a dying breed... he plays what?... 4-5 mins a game??... In the new NHL an "enforcer" or fighter has to play 8+ mins minimum to keep a roster spot on most nhl clubs.

Some teams may give like a 6th or 7th round pick... but you won't get much for someone who is on the ice for less than 5 mins a game

Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 01:56 PM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
could you really not think of something better?

Tough guys have zero trade value. Think about it...what does Colton Orr bring a contending team come playoff time? Someone might take him off Toronto's hands for a mid-round pick, but nobody is going to give anything of value for a guy like Orr.

Btw...rarely takes stupid penalties? Didn't he just take a triple minor for roughing the other night against Buffalo that resulted in the GWG?

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguins Dragon View Post
I am confused...

You have a leaf name, and are defending a leaf player... but make this comment...

Seriously, Orr is arguably the best fighter in the league, but with his cap hit and what he brings... you don't need that.

Not many teams have a true heavy weight cement head like Orr anymore, he is the last of a dying breed... he plays what?... 4-5 mins a game??... In the new NHL an "enforcer" or fighter has to play 8+ mins minimum to keep a roster spot on most nhl clubs.

Some teams may give like a 6th or 7th round pick... but you won't get much for someone who is on the ice for less than 5 mins a game
Yeah! His cap hit of $1 million a year has this team in cap hell. Cap hell I tells ya!

Man Bear Pig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely06 View Post
Tough guys have zero trade value. Think about it...what does Colton Orr bring a contending team come playoff time? Someone might take him off Toronto's hands for a mid-round pick, but nobody is going to give anything of value for a guy like Orr.

Btw...rarely takes stupid penalties? Didn't he just take a triple minor for roughing the other night against Buffalo that resulted in the GWG?
That penalty was pretty ridiculous. How he got that and Buffalo got nothing IIRC was insane.

Man Bear Pig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 02:02 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
I am confused...

im guessing you have not watched a leaf game this season, and LOL

Old
12-01-2010, 02:04 PM
hatterson
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to hatterson
At best you're getting a 4th rounder, more likely a 5th or a 6th.

In other words it makes no sense to actually trade him.

I lump him in with Sjostrom. Guys that you may want tossed into a trade, and you like to have on your team, but not guys that anyone is going to give up anything of value for.

hatterson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Not one, but two bags of pucks.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 02:07 PM
calcal798

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafempire187 View Post
as a fan of him last year and with the off season trade for a measily 5th for The warrior in Mike Brown i feel the need that we dont need Orr anymore what team needs a fighter? what are you willing to give up for him?
we need him... a lot more then will get for him

calcal798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 02:09 PM
hatterson
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
That penalty was pretty ridiculous. How he got that and Buffalo got nothing IIRC was insane.
He got a double minor for roughing Gaustad the shift after Gaustad boarded Kessel. Weber came in and jumped on Orr for jumping on Gaustad and then him and Orr got matching roughing minors.

Orr is actually lucky he didn't get 2 for instigating and 5 for fighting since he had dropped his gloves and was actually throwing punches while Gaustad turtled.

The call that made me more upset was the elbowing call on Gerbe that led to the 5 on 3 goal, but that's not really a topic for discussion here.

Orr's "stupid" penalty there was a result of defending Kessel. Sure, there were better ways of doing it, but his intentions were right. He's sending the message of "don't screw with our team or my fist will screw with your face".

Old
12-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Quote:
I am confused...

Lolwut? Go take a look at his cap hit compared to guys like Boogard or Shelley and you'll see that his hit is reasonable. He's one of the top fighters and can chip in in other departments, unlike the other two who do nothing but ride pine and fight once a game or so.

Rob Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 02:12 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
I am confused...

Lmao!
Do you even watch the Leafs?
He has taken 8 minor penalties in 23 games with 4 of those the other night against Buffalo, while trying to defend a team mate.

How is that even close to a dumb penalty almost every game?

Inst it fun to just spew random BS against a team you hate with no clue as to the real facts?

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 02:15 PM
hatterson
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Lmao!
He has taken 8 minor penalties in 23 games with 4 of those the other night against Buffalo, while trying to defend a team mate.

Inst it fun to just spew random BS against a team you hate with no clue as to the real facts?
Well, 3 were defending a team mate. 1 was just charging at the net after the play was over and shoving a defender over the goalie.

Interestingly enough the last penalty lead to a Leafs goal (kessel's shorty)

Old
12-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Seguins Dragon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Lmao!

Honestly, once a game is exagerating on my part... but to say he never does as the person I was talking to is wrong as well.

The Buffalo game comes to mind... the Florida game I believe he steamed rolled a goalie this year... and some other game he steamed rolled the goalie as well...

He does take dumb penalties.

Old
12-01-2010, 02:18 PM
HappyGilmourr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely06 View Post

funny you should say that because I actually made the drive down to Buffalo and saw him do that 10 feet away... It was unbelievable he ended up with 3 minors but even with that one instance you rarely see him do that.

Old
12-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Seguins Dragon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
Lolwut? Go take a look at his cap hit compared to guys like Boogard or Shelley and you'll see that his hit is reasonable. He's one of the top fighters and can chip in in other departments, unlike the other two who do nothing but ride pine and fight once a game or so.
did you read the rest of the post...

your comparing him to other cement heads that play 4-5 mins a game...

sorry, teams don't look for those types of players who bring essentially 1 element to the game.

Old
12-01-2010, 02:21 PM
HappyGilmourr

Quote:
Honestly, once a game is exagerating on my part... but to say he never does as the person I was talking to is wrong as well.

The Buffalo game comes to mind... the Florida game I believe he steamed rolled a goalie this year... and some other game he steamed rolled the goalie as well...

He never got a penalty against Florida first of all, and I would like to see this other game where he "steamed rolled the goalie" because it never happened. He has another goalie interference call but it was questionable... I hardly call battling for position in front of the net a bad penalty, more of a misfortune.

Old
12-01-2010, 02:23 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:

The Leafs scored on that play.
There was no dumb penalty there altho there probably should have been.
I really don't have a problem with him running into the opposing goalie every once in a while, it seems to get in there heads and can effect the way they play.

He really doesn't take many dumb penalties. Yea getting 3 penalties on the same play wasnt the greatest idea but he was making a statement, stay away from our skilled players or pay for it.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 02:24 PM
NJD28

Orr is worth more to Toronto than any team would be willing to give for him. He's one of the least likely Leafs to be moved.

NJD28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 03:17 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Quote:

please just leave this thread, youve already dug your self a hole, but now your just heading to china