HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colton Orr

Old
12-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Carlton Orr*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
He's untouchable. Burke won't trade him.
Your goon is untouchable? Considering he can only fight, if someone offers anything decent for him(ie. picks or an actual hockey player), he's gone.

Carlton Orr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 03:11 PM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafempire187 View Post
as a fan of him last year and with the off season trade for a measily 5th for The warrior in Mike Brown i feel the need that we dont need Orr anymore what team needs a fighter? what are you willing to give up for him?
Brown and Orr are not exactly in the same "weight" division. Neither would fetch anything of value so whats the point?

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 03:13 PM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Goon View Post
Your goon is untouchable? Considering he can only fight, if someone offers anything decent for him(ie. picks or an actual hockey player), he's gone.
But nobody will

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

I would rather have Colton Orr than any other enforcer in the league.

While he doesn't win em all, he is by far the most exciting of all the heavyweights. His style is old school...stand back and chuck em! He will take one or two to give one. And when he gives one...LIGHTS-OUT!

Orr though to me is a true example of an enforcer that
1) abides by the code.
2) puts his teammates before himself.
3) Always...always does his job.
4) Fought to "win", and not to "not look bad"

He's the type of player that will only fight other teams enforcers, unless the other teams enforcer won't fight him. Then its open game. He can intimidate, he plays hard even though he still an ankle-bender!

I was pissed the day he left NY, and furious that Sather didn't re sign him. Later the reasons surfaced that Tortorella and I quote "wanted a guy that could play a regular shift, and enforce as well" ...Lol, enter Donald Brashear and a prime example of number 2 and number 4 on my list above. Plus, while he was maybe a better overall player, he just truly didn't play nearly as hard as Orr did.

So mistake made, Organization pays but leaving an exhorbitant salary in the AHL, and Henrik getting run consistently since Orr's departure.

This year, Boogaard is doing a pretty good job for the Rangers as enforcer. Even though Prust does most of the fighting, Boogaard is there when needed and I like him here. But, if I was GM for a day, I will take Orr all day long over Boogey. Even if the salary was even.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 04:37 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
Colton Orr is very good at what he does... and thats enforcing fear into the other team, creating energy, and can even chip in with a goal now and then. Isn't that what you want for a 4th liner? He rarely takes stupid penalties either. Your discrediting Colton Orr...
I love Orr just as much as any Leaf fan but do you seriously believe this?

btw look what we got Brown for. Now minus the skating, PK skills, shot blocking and add fighting and you have got Orr's vaule. Probably around a 5th or 6th round pick.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 06:51 PM
bernmeister

People are too critical of Gilroy; that said, he's not untouchable.

something like Gilroy and a 5th for Orr and a 3rd?

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Edgeworth*

Colton Orr is one of the few fighters that has some offensive ability and isn't liable defensively. I think he had the PK spot before Brown came along. I wouldn't trade him, he reminds me of Domi.

Edgeworth* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 10:00 PM
4Isles4*

36 round draft pick

4Isles4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 11:56 PM
The Hutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Isles4 View Post
36 round draft pick
And then give him a 20 year contract

The Hutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 04:23 AM
ManoWarrior

Quote:
as a fan of him last year and with the off season trade for a measily 5th for The warrior in Mike Brown i feel the need that we dont need Orr anymore what team needs a fighter? what are you willing to give up for him?
too bad Burke is your GM. If he was somewhere else, he'd probably offer a 2nd.

ManoWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 05:01 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
not getting dealt, no chance

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 05:56 AM
Stassino

5th or 6th round draft pick.. Same as McGrattan would've gotten you 2-3 years ago..

He's a horrible hockey player can't skate and plays 3-4 mins a game.. most tough guy's in todays NHL can contribute, see; Downie, Carkner, Neil, Avery etc.. He is completely 1 dimensional like McGrattan

Stassino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 08:26 AM
Eaglepride*
#5 in Wotan we trust

Um Boogieman, McIntyre can't skate also but I'd love having one of these in red & white.

If you take out the enforcers, hockey will miss something. I really like Orr, hes oldschool and hes not a ***** like Perry (picking non fighters, lady bing winners AND loses...). So would I want on him on the Wings? Absolutely for the right price.

Eaglepride* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 09:55 AM
2fast4u2*

Well u will need Orr now....now that Brown is out with his hand injury

2fast4u2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 10:01 AM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by spozm View Post
Colton Orr is one of the few fighters that has some offensive ability and isn't liable defensively. I think he had the PK spot before Brown came along. I wouldn't trade him, he reminds me of Domi.

Seriously, he is one of if not the worst offensive players in the NHL. If he didnt fight, he probably wouldnt make it in the AHL.

MojoJojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 11:28 AM
4Isles4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hutch View Post
And then give him a 20 year contract
uncle...you win

4Isles4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 01:57 PM
startainfection

dibeneditto and a 6th?

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 02:06 PM
hatterson
Global Moderator

vCash: 874
Send a message via Skype™ to hatterson
Quote:
Granted he's not as bad offensively as Belak was but come on. He has 10 goals and 19 points....that's not his best season, that's his career totals over 350 games.

He had a career year last year and he netted an astounding 6 points.

Scoring should never enter the equation in this Orr can do. If he finished the season with 0 goals and 0 assists but still did what he did in terms of energy, fighting, and the occasional forecheck, I'd be happy with him.

hatterson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 02:06 PM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
WHAT??!

I like Orr, but come on. You'd be lucky to have a 50% kill rate with him out there.

BoyntBergie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 02:12 PM
ChuckWoods

Daniel Paille?

ChuckWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 02:14 PM
hatterson
Global Moderator

Just to settle the Orr PK debate.

He has amassed 4:25 of PK time. That's not his average per game...or even per season. That's his career total time spent on the PK over 350 games. And I can almost guarantee that it all came at the end of random shifts at the very end of the PK. Like when his team had iced the puck with 10 seconds left and they make a last line change in prep for the guy coming out of the box.

He has killed barely over 2 penalties in his entire career. It's an average half a penalty per 82 games played.

Even by the most remote stretches of the imagination that doesn't make him a PKer

Old
12-02-2010, 02:16 PM
CamFan81
Derp

other than fighting, he's a useless 1million dollar tripod

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Landeskog

Orr has no value. Enforcers and Heavy Weights are a dying breed.. teams are switching over to middle weights that offer more..

Landeskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrogren View Post
Orr has no value. Enforcers and Heavy Weights are a dying breed.. teams are switching over to middle weights that offer more..
I guess it depends on your definition of an enforcer and a heavy weight. As a sens fan, I still consider Neil to be a enforcer and to some extent a heavyweight. Every team wishes that they had either Neil or a player like him. Hell even Ottawa wishes they had a player like him coming up through the system.

Lucic is another example of a player like that.

On the other hand, enforcers that can only fight and can't play hockey are a dying breed. Any kind of player that you wouldn't play in the playoffs is a dying breed.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 02:51 PM
hatterson
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
I guess it depends on your definition of an enforcer and a heavy weight. As a sens fan, I still consider Neil to be a enforcer and to some extent a heavyweight. Every team wishes that they had either Neil or a player like him. Hell even Ottawa wishes they had a player like him coming up through the system.

Lucic is another example of a player like that.

On the other hand, enforcers that can only fight and can't play hockey are a dying breed. Any kind of player that you wouldn't play in the playoffs is a dying breed.
Neither Neil nor Lucic are heavy weights.