HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 24: vs Washington, 12/02 (7:30 PM, FSSW, 1310 AM)

Old
12-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Dirty Kari

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
reffing was not the reason, Segal was.(the refs didnt help WAS)
Go away Caps fan
Fixed

Dirty Kari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mad4comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
Quality first post.
Thanks!

mad4comp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Starsfan24
Let's Go Cubbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad4comp View Post
rofl @ the refs, skra comes sliding in on his own power and they disallow the goal.

Reffing was the only reason your team won tonight. (coming from a philly fan)
Welcome to HF now go back to the Washington board where you belong.

Starsfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Starsfan24
Let's Go Cubbies

Quote:
Thanks!

Old
12-02-2010, 10:11 PM
mad4comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsfan24 View Post
Welcome to HF now go back to the Washington board where you belong.
I go post on the philly board from now on, but still... you better be thanking the refs for the 2 points.

Old
12-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Ampersand
Dallas Stars Fan

New victory gif?

Ampersand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Dirty Kari

Quote:
I go post on the philly board from now on, but still... you better be thanking the refs for the 2 points.

Old
12-02-2010, 10:13 PM
gsx capsfan

Send a message via AIM to gsx capsfan Send a message via Yahoo to gsx capsfan
First, and foremost great game. I wish the 2nd and 3rd would of played out more like the first, with the refs letting the teams play, but that wasn't the case. Raycroft was brilliant tonight, he did not look like he has been on the bench. Ice seemed to be really crappy, puck bouncing over both teams sticks.

Washington's goalie made the deciding error that cost us the game.

Of course I have to make comment on the call. It's a tough call to make at game speed, however, it was a blown call. I'm sure, just as Caps fans do, the Stars fans will look on it with homer eyes, but if you're honest with yourself that was a bad call.

Either way, regular season, all it is, is two points. Great game.

gsx capsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 10:14 PM
mad4comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Kari View Post
Why would I be crying? Just sayin what everyone else is thinking... that ref blew the call and about 10 other calls during the game..

Didn't you guys get like 4 PP's in a row at one point?

Old
12-02-2010, 10:15 PM
KaylaJ
I like stories

When they said Raycroft was starting earlier I was a bit worried. I can admit, I was wrong

KaylaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Dirty Kari

Quote:
Why would I be crying? Just sayin what everyone else is thinking... that ref blew the call and about 10 other calls during the game..

Didn't you guys get like 4 PP's in a row at one point?
Yes and those 4 PP's had nothing to do with a Caps team that was playing on back to back nights and a Stars team that was pushing hard on the forecheck. Tired teams get caught in bad positions and make lazy defensive plays (hooking).

Old
12-02-2010, 10:18 PM
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus

I've been more than satisfied with Raycroft this year, he is much better than Auld

DaStars99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 10:22 PM
txdude5101

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaStars99 View Post
I've been more than satisfied with Raycroft this year, he is much better than Turco
Fixed!!!!

txdude5101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 10:22 PM
mad4comp

Quote:
Yes and those 4 PP's had nothing to do with a Caps team that was playing on back to back nights and a Stars team that was pushing hard on the forecheck. Tired teams get caught in bad positions and make lazy defensive plays (hooking).
I agree the calls on the caps (all but Alzners? hook) were due to laziness due to playing b2b games, but there were a ton that were missed the other way that period.

Just wanted to comment on the reffing. Along with that last disallowed goal + the missed calls, the reffing was terribad.

And btw what is up with your home ice? Is it always that bad?

Old
12-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Yeah our ice is hit or miss. Don't understand why, but it's always like playing on a pond.

e: Or a slurpee.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 10:26 PM
Dirty Kari

Quote:
I agree the calls on the caps (all but Alzners? hook) were due to laziness due to playing b2b games, but there were a ton that were missed the other way that period.

Just wanted to comment on the reffing. Along with that last disallowed goal + the missed calls, the reffing was terribad.

And btw what is up with your home ice? Is it always that bad?
No the ice isn't usually this bad. The ice has never been very good but it looked really bad tonight. I have never really seen a game with that many falls and whiffs.

Old
12-02-2010, 10:27 PM
Starsfan24
Let's Go Cubbies

Ice looked really crappy tonight. That was a good call IMO on that last potential Caps goal. The goalie has to have a chance to save the puck, and the Lame 8 was almost across the red line.

Old
12-02-2010, 10:28 PM
Starsfan24
Let's Go Cubbies

Quote:
No the ice isn't usually this bad. The ice has never been very good but it looked really bad tonight. I have never really seen a game with that many falls and whiffs.
I think the Mavs played at home last night?? That may be why the ice was so horrible tonight. Some good Razorisms tonight though.

Old
12-02-2010, 10:31 PM
KaylaJ
I like stories

Quote:
I think the Mavs played at home last night?? That may be why the ice was so horrible tonight. Some good Razorisms tonight though.
I learned I still giggle at verbal diarrhea

KaylaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 10:31 PM
mad4comp

Quote:
Ice looked really crappy tonight. That was a good call IMO on that last potential Caps goal. The goalie has to have a chance to save the puck, and the Lame 8 was almost across the red line.
From the overhead view OV was pushed into the crease, but Skras came sliding in on his own and interfered with Raycroft. Ovechkin did not make any contact with the Goalie, nor did he cause the Dallas player to make contact with his own goalie. I think the ref just saw the goalie back into the net with OV standing in front of him. Bad Call.

Well anyways its a moot point now.

Old
12-02-2010, 10:41 PM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Quote:
From the overhead view OV was pushed into the crease, but Skras came sliding in on his own and interfered with Raycroft. Ovechkin did not make any contact with the Goalie, nor did he cause the Dallas player to make contact with his own goalie. I think the ref just saw the goalie back into the net with OV standing in front of him. Bad Call.

True, the ref most likely called off the goal because he thought Ovie pushed Razor into the net but he was wrong. Although I still think it was good call because Ovie was deep in the crease before they scored and was still there after they scored. He just skated into the crease like it was any other part of the rink, and he didn't get pushed into the crease and if he did it was most likely a light push and made no effort to leave the crease. Therefore either way it's not a good goal since he was in the crease when all this happened. That is the real reason why it got waived off or should have been the main reason.

MB94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsx capsfan View Post
First, and foremost great game. I wish the 2nd and 3rd would of played out more like the first, with the refs letting the teams play, but that wasn't the case. Raycroft was brilliant tonight, he did not look like he has been on the bench. Ice seemed to be really crappy, puck bouncing over both teams sticks.

Washington's goalie made the deciding error that cost us the game.

Of course I have to make comment on the call. It's a tough call to make at game speed, however, it was a blown call. I'm sure, just as Caps fans do, the Stars fans will look on it with homer eyes, but if you're honest with yourself that was a bad call.

Either way, regular season, all it is, is two points. Great game.
At least you're not whining about it and saying it's the only reason we won. But, these types of plays happen both ways throughout the season and generally speaking come out as a wash.

Now, I don't know what makes Showvechkin think he can skate untouched right to where Raycroft should be standing. Sure Karlis looked like a fool, but had he not slid into Raycroft, Raycroft would have been fully impeded by the big Russian. If the ref was calling the play fully on the bump of Raycroft, it was a blown call. I had no volume at the bar I was watching it at, so did not hear what the reasoning was, but I still hate a guy floating in untouched from behind and standing right smack where the goalie should be. For that reason, I don't hate it and think these plays should be blown dead (hopefully before a goal occurs) more often, as it is in international play. Like I said, had Raycroft been trying to make a play on it assuming Karlis was flailing elsewhere, he would have been **** outta luck.

Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 10:47 PM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:

I must have missed that, as much as I was looking for it, I did not see it. Skrastins was the only guy near him and he was only interested in pushing Raycroft. So it's okay to stand 1 foot off the goal line right in the center of the crease? I understand why the Caps are displeased if the call was on the bump, but don't defend Ovi's positioning.

Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 10:49 PM
Brand New Stars

Anyone that watches hockey and claims the refs are the reason the Stars won is a joke. Not being able to get to a backup goalie is the reason the Caps lost. No one to blame but themselves.

Brand New Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Kritter471

Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
Ovechkin's positioning was, in and of itself, enough for a GI call.

Quote:
Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal;
Ovechkin's positioning clearly prevented Raycroft from being able to move freely within the crease. No contact is necessary.

I don't know if that was the rationale applied by this particular referee, but it is certainly a justifiable call.

And being bumped into the crease would not excuse him unless he immediately made a move to leave the crease after being bumped in. He did not.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote