HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Failure

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-01-2010, 10:19 PM
  #126
TankEller*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Gionta and Plekanec were both very good on the PK and still created quite a few scoring chances, its not like they were horrible and invisible all game.

Cammalleri is putting up points but you can't honestly say he's been playing up to his potential this year. I know he's streaky (both for the good and for the bad) but a lot of the time this year he's looked lazy and has been weak backchecking and making some stupid decisions... earlier in the game we had 3 guys in and didn't have control of the puck and for some reason he pinched him which caused a 2 on 1 and Price had to make a huge save.

Gorges, like our other defensemen is playing too many minutes and as a result has struggled a bit... but we're talking about a guy getting paid around $1 million and has been giving us top-4 minutes and been solid on the PK, he deserves the "pimping" and you're probably the only person on these boards who consistently hates on him.
Who has been playing up to his potential among our forwards besides Pleks and Andrei?

As for the pinching in, I wasn't aware it was the goalscoring LW's role to backcheck and cover the vacant spot left by a d-man.

Fact is, you guys are hating on this guy for no reason, and even Gomez, when he plays a rather good game like tonight, gets some heat for... lemme guess... Scoring a goal?

Gorges got absolutely no heat from his repeated mistakes over the last few weeks, neither did Gionta.

TankEller* is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:22 PM
  #127
Kenny Powders
Registered User
 
Kenny Powders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Laval
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankEller View Post

As for the pinching in, I wasn't aware it was the goalscoring LW's role to backcheck and cover the vacant spot left by a d-man.

WTF???

It's your role to cover a vacant spot, Whoever the **** you are. This is hockey basics right there. Your trying to cover the worst weakness cammy has this year. He doesnt backcheck to save his life, yet, tonight, he didnt too.

''Hey defenseman, I'm Mike Cammalleri, I'm not backchecking, I'm a goalscoring LW, LW's sniper doesnt backcheck''

Kenny Powders is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:23 PM
  #128
TankEller*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Because Gionta and Gorges are always giving it 110% and any time they make a mistake they are working their ass off to try and cover up for it. Do you think Gionta would've just stopped skating like Cammalleri did once Penner got the puck in OT?
Dude was at the end of a shift and had no gaz left. Do you actually think a guy like Cammalleri, who actually does care about the success of his team, would have just stopped skating like this. As if he ever did this in the first place.

If you want to blame Cammalleri for anything, blame him for not going back to the bench earlier. But to say he stopped skating basically "for the lolz"? Geez you guys sure show how behind this player you are eh? Especially since, for some reason, none of the two d-men were covering Cammalleri when Penner got his break.

If Price wants to blame anyone, he should look at himself in a mirror and re-thing how he let that 3rd goal in when Spacek perfectly played the passing option.

TankEller* is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:23 PM
  #129
Nashy
The Honey Badger
 
Nashy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankEller View Post
Who has been playing up to his potential among our forwards besides Pleks and Andrei?

As for the pinching in, I wasn't aware it was the goalscoring LW's role to backcheck and cover the vacant spot left by a d-man.
Fact is, you guys are hating on this guy for no reason, and even Gomez, when he plays a rather good game like tonight, gets some heat for... lemme guess... Scoring a goal?

Gorges got absolutely no heat from his repeated mistakes over the last few weeks, neither did Gionta.
Their offensive output aside;

Cammer was a -2 tonight, and Gomez was -1....

12.5 million dollars should buy you at least even.

Nashy is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:23 PM
  #130
deandebean
Registered User
 
deandebean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gatineau, câlisse
Country: uriname
Posts: 9,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankEller View Post
Who has been playing up to his potential among our forwards besides Pleks and Andrei?

As for the pinching in, I wasn't aware it was the goalscoring LW's role to backcheck and cover the vacant spot left by a d-man.

Fact is, you guys are hating on this guy for no reason, and even Gomez, when he plays a rather good game like tonight, gets some heat for... lemme guess... Scoring a goal?

Gorges got absolutely no heat from his repeated mistakes over the last few weeks, neither did Gionta.
The guy at fault on this play is SUbban. When you're the last man back, you don't join the rush. It's basic minor hockey stuff.

deandebean is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:23 PM
  #131
Redux91
I do Three bullets.
 
Redux91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,331
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankEller View Post
Without Cammalleri and Gomez tonight, the game doesn't even go to overtime.
Oh but I'm sure Gorges would have scored in the middle of one of his bacon dance moves. THIS is the kind of players we're pimping around here.

Once again some people are in an argument over Cammalleri, but I have yet to wonder what the **** did Gomez do potentially wrong at all tonight. And I've not been all that kind to him so far this season.
lol he keeps bringing up gorges for some reason, its hilarious.

Redux91 is online now  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:23 PM
  #132
Etienne
Registered User
 
Etienne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,843
vCash: 500
The players are so ****ing lucky to have another game tomorrow because JM would have bagskatted the **** out of them.

Etienne is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:24 PM
  #133
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankEller View Post
Have you ever done anything except licking every popular poster's butt in your time here.

Look at the replay. Cammalleri was obviously at the end of his shift. Changes were even being called for the matter. Cammalleri obviously didn't catch the pass, because the play to do there by PK was to get back behind his net, wait for changes to be complete and for fresh players to hop on the ice. But he rushed the puck up the ice when he absolutely didn't need to do so. And Cammalleri didn't expect him to do so. Now, do you call this being nonchalent and lazy? No. Could he have made a better play? Yeah. But in the first place, this play should never have happened, as changes were called.

Those putting 100% of the blame on Cammalleri's shoulders are pathetic. I just wish you guys to lose him and to end up doing what you're already doing. Pimping the **** up of players like Higgins and Gorges and consider them as elite forwards material or top-2 d-men in power.
It's shared, but I wouldn't say PK dished it to a Cammy who was going off. In fact, just before it happened, I told myself, Cammy needs to get off, he's tired. But I knew he still wanted to stay on to try again. He was not going off. The pass was decent enough and Cammy screwed it up. It's hockey, it's fast, it happens, but you are right about the fact that PK was the last D back. He should not have skated up ice while Cammy AND Pleky would have been rushing. At least wait for the pass to go through. Now when I see how far up Subban was when the turnover occurred, I'm convinced he was (as he's wont to do) trying to make up for his earlier mistake by being instrumental in a goal (just not one against).

habtastic is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:25 PM
  #134
Nidema
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankEller View Post
Damn I want him to be traded and perform elsewhere. I swear, in Montreal, people can't stand having very good players on their team.

Where was Gionta tonight exactly?
Where was Plekanec?

But no, Cammalleri has to be the one aimed.

7 goals, 10 assists, 17 points in 24 games. Great +/- differential, higher than Pleks if I remember well. And he's the one being criticized.

Yup. That's totally what this board is coming at. Pimping slugs like Higgins, Gorges up to what they aren't, but hating guys like Gomez and Cammalleri, who even tonight didn't play quite bad at all.
Funny. Weren't you one of the guys that called out Price fans last year for wanting him to be traded so he can go to a better team and perform? Didn't you say that those people with the best interest of a player in mind instead of the team should GTFO. Funny you change your tune when it's about a player you like.

As for the play, both Cammy and Subban were brutal on that play. It's a team game so they should all get blame. Subban with a brutal game and a questionable pass. Cammy just plain give up. As soon as that puck left his stick, he didn't even make a second effort to poke check, let alone back check. They should both be ashamed of that effort. Subban's excuse is that he's a rookie still learning getting paid under a million. Cammy is a veteran in the league with a 6mil pay check who should be leading by example. What's his excuse?

Nidema is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:25 PM
  #135
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,009
vCash: 500
Everyone needs to stop panicking...

The Oilers beat Chicago twice this year, Ottawa, Anaheim, Colorado...

It's not like we are the only good team to get beat by them, it's going to happen every once in a while. Christ we lost 3 out of 6 last year to the 2nd last place Leafs... We also lost to the Oilers in October last year, the last place team. It's going to happen, it's called an 82 game schedule + Parity.

In a football schedule things would be different.

JGRB is online now  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:26 PM
  #136
TankEller*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skar67 View Post
WTF???

It's your role to cover a vacant spot, Whoever the **** you are. This is hockey basics right there. Your trying to cover the worst weakness cammy has this year. He doesnt backcheck to save his life, yet, tonight, he didnt too.

''Hey defenseman, I'm Mike Cammalleri, I'm not backchecking, I'm a goalscoring LW, LW's sniper doesnt backcheck''
I haven't noticed that player back then, but from what I understood from what the other poster said, they were attacking 4 on 3 and he blamed Cammalleri in particular for not backing down. If that's the case that's retarded.

Once again, Cammalleri never was an incredibly good defensive player. So I don't see why people wonder about this.

In the other end, he was at centerice, and the fact there were no d-men left back-there to cover the play was the biggest mistake in that play. Cause you know, neutral zone turnovers happen quite a few times in a hockey game.

TankEller* is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:27 PM
  #137
habdynasty
Registered User
 
habdynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankEller View Post
Who has been playing up to his potential among our forwards besides Pleks and Andrei?

As for the pinching in, I wasn't aware it was the goalscoring LW's role to backcheck and cover the vacant spot left by a d-man.

Fact is, you guys are hating on this guy for no reason, and even Gomez, when he plays a rather good game like tonight, gets some heat for... lemme guess... Scoring a goal?

Gorges got absolutely no heat from his repeated mistakes over the last few weeks, neither did Gionta.
Gorges sucked tonight on that goal where he knocked Price over, Cammalleri sucked on the last goal too ,. Subban had a tough night. its over time to turn the page ......

habdynasty is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:27 PM
  #138
bhuya71
Registered User
 
bhuya71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 2,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankEller View Post
Who has been playing up to his potential among our forwards besides Pleks and Andrei?

As for the pinching in, I wasn't aware it was the goalscoring LW's role to backcheck and cover the vacant spot left by a d-man.

Fact is, you guys are hating on this guy for no reason, and even Gomez, when he plays a rather good game like tonight, gets some heat for... lemme guess... Scoring a goal?

Gorges got absolutely no heat from his repeated mistakes over the last few weeks, neither did Gionta.
This is whats wrong with the mentality right here...

The system is not about one LW goal scoring forward...its about the team covering EVERYONE elses ass whether its our goalscoring LW...why do you think Akost is finally a beast? because he's skating and back checking tenaciously...

when you play defense YOU MUST BE intense to be effective...that intensity carries over to offense...more adrenaline...blood to the legs etc. more intensity overall

Gio and Gorges don't get as much heat collectively because they always play the system...

Cammy should've covered not because he's a goalscorer but because he's part of JM's system

I hate crap that a goal scorer shouldn't cover a dman's spot if the dman isn't there...wtf is this tennis?

Anyone who doesn't play the system and hurts the team defensively will get crap because our identity is a hard working team that is good defensively and has a strong leadership core

bhuya71 is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:28 PM
  #139
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankEller View Post
Dude was at the end of a shift and had no gaz left. Do you actually think a guy like Cammalleri, who actually does care about the success of his team, would have just stopped skating like this. As if he ever did this in the first place.

If you want to blame Cammalleri for anything, blame him for not going back to the bench earlier. But to say he stopped skating basically "for the lolz"? Geez you guys sure show how behind this player you are eh? Especially since, for some reason, none of the two d-men were covering Cammalleri when Penner got his break.

If Price wants to blame anyone, he should look at himself in a mirror and re-thing how he let that 3rd goal in when Spacek perfectly played the passing option.
was with you until that

cammy was too tired to backcheck, plain and simple

Price was amazing all game and that was a PERFECT shot.

habtastic is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:28 PM
  #140
GoOilers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Smid looks like a freak.
Yes, great observation, did you watch the game and this is all you could add???

Did you see Plekanec rolling Kostitsyn to the bench?

That was freaky........

GoOilers is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:28 PM
  #141
Nashy
The Honey Badger
 
Nashy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Everyone needs to stop panicking...

The Oilers beat Chicago twice this year, Ottawa, Anaheim, Colorado...

It's not like we are the only good team to get beat by them, it's going to happen every once in a while. Christ we lost 3 out of 6 last year to the 2nd last place Leafs... We also lost to the Oilers in October last year, the last place team. It's going to happen, it's called an 82 game schedule + Parity.

In a football schedule things would be different.
Don't care who they lost to...it was blowing a 3-1 lead in the 3rd and giving up a shortie to boot. The last two goals were just plain awful decisions by the Habs.

**** happens....better come out flying tomorrow night, though.

Nashy is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:28 PM
  #142
Nidema
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skar67 View Post
WTF???

It's your role to cover a vacant spot, Whoever the **** you are. This is hockey basics right there. Your trying to cover the worst weakness cammy has this year. He doesnt backcheck to save his life, yet, tonight, he didnt too.

''Hey defenseman, I'm Mike Cammalleri, I'm not backchecking, I'm a goalscoring LW, LW's sniper doesnt backcheck''
Especially with this team, being about defense by committee. Cammy needs to step it up. He's getting paid ppg money and he's not producing. I don't even want to get into Gomez.

Nidema is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:28 PM
  #143
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User
 
Bring_Bak_Damphousse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankEller View Post
Subban just came on the ice. Cammalleri had been there for quite some time. What does Subban do? He passes to Cammalleri who's in the end of his shift and quite well covered as well.

Have you ever played hockey?
As soon as Subban picked up the puck I was expecting him to rush it up the ice, I wonder if maybe he had a talking too after that short handed goal. It seemed like he was forcing a pass that he normally wouldn't have made, maybe trying to play it safe, when typically he'd be leading the rush. Just my two cents.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:29 PM
  #144
prevail
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,852
vCash: 500
Thinking about it a little bit more, it sucks to lose, at least we got 1 point but I'm sure the boys will be ready for tomo and hopefully be motivated,

If we coasted to a win tonight, we might have only gotten 2 points against EDM and NJ. Now that we lost the lead and embarrassed ourselves, we have a chance to get 3...

prevail is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:29 PM
  #145
Kenny Powders
Registered User
 
Kenny Powders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Laval
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankEller View Post
I haven't noticed that player back then, but from what I understood from what the other poster said, they were attacking 4 on 3 and he blamed Cammalleri in particular for not backing down. If that's the case that's retarded.

Once again, Cammalleri never was an incredibly good defensive player. So I don't see why people wonder about this.

In the other end, he was at centerice, and the fact there were no d-men left back-there to cover the play was the biggest mistake in that play. Cause you know, neutral zone turnovers happen quite a few times in a hockey game.
I totally understand what youre saying, I agree with you that you need a D-Men to cover the play. And I conceede that Cammy isnt a very good defensive foward. But please, That backcheck was awful, not because of him beeing tired, which i'm sure he was, but still, at least I would have give it all, but he simply stoped. Just looking at his body leaning up like that means he completly gave up on the play, not by beeing tired but just saying ''Oh Carey is gonna save it, i'm just gonna watch the rebound''.

Kenny Powders is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:29 PM
  #146
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Connecticut
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRON JELLY View Post
Cammy has been horrible. Everytime he gets the puck on his stick, the other team has it 2 seconds later. Or in this case, .2 seconds later.
Cam my is a turnover machine in this own zone and the neutral zone!

nyhabsfan is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:31 PM
  #147
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Miserable Habs showing but the young Oilers probably played their best game of the season. Something wrong since the Pleks and Subban incident, I dont feel the same passion or dedication as a team..

NewHabsEra* is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:32 PM
  #148
JayBee*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
Did you guys watch Cam before he came to Montreal? HE'S A SNIPER! He's at his best when he's being fed pucks at the top of the circle where he can one time them. Think, when's the last time Cam one-timed a shot from the top of the circle? Playing with Gomez and Moen...has completely changed him....he's trying to do too much.

He has never been a good backchecker or good defensively. That's not what he's paid for.

He screwed up on the game winner, OK. Let it go, move on.

JayBee* is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:32 PM
  #149
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoOilers View Post
Yes, great observation, did you watch the game and this is all you could add???

Did you see Plekanec rolling Kostitsyn to the bench?

That was freaky........
Just a FYI.. Visitors with less than a 100 posts aren't allowed to post on the Habs board...

sheed36 is online now  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:33 PM
  #150
swimmer77
Post Oates
 
swimmer77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: in water
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Cam my is a turnover machine in this own zone and the neutral zone!
And in the offensive zone, during the power play, on the half boards. There.....that pretty much covers it.

swimmer77 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.