HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Failure

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2010, 10:19 PM
TankEller*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Gionta and Plekanec were both very good on the PK and still created quite a few scoring chances, its not like they were horrible and invisible all game.

Cammalleri is putting up points but you can't honestly say he's been playing up to his potential this year. I know he's streaky (both for the good and for the bad) but a lot of the time this year he's looked lazy and has been weak backchecking and making some stupid decisions... earlier in the game we had 3 guys in and didn't have control of the puck and for some reason he pinched him which caused a 2 on 1 and Price had to make a huge save.

Gorges, like our other defensemen is playing too many minutes and as a result has struggled a bit... but we're talking about a guy getting paid around $1 million and has been giving us top-4 minutes and been solid on the PK, he deserves the "pimping" and you're probably the only person on these boards who consistently hates on him.
Who has been playing up to his potential among our forwards besides Pleks and Andrei?

As for the pinching in, I wasn't aware it was the goalscoring LW's role to backcheck and cover the vacant spot left by a d-man.

Fact is, you guys are hating on this guy for no reason, and even Gomez, when he plays a rather good game like tonight, gets some heat for... lemme guess... Scoring a goal?

Gorges got absolutely no heat from his repeated mistakes over the last few weeks, neither did Gionta.

Old
12-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Kenny Powders

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankEller View Post

As for the pinching in, I wasn't aware it was the goalscoring LW's role to backcheck and cover the vacant spot left by a d-man.

WTF???

It's your role to cover a vacant spot, Whoever the **** you are. This is hockey basics right there. Your trying to cover the worst weakness cammy has this year. He doesnt backcheck to save his life, yet, tonight, he didnt too.

''Hey defenseman, I'm Mike Cammalleri, I'm not backchecking, I'm a goalscoring LW, LW's sniper doesnt backcheck''

Old
12-01-2010, 10:23 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Because Gionta and Gorges are always giving it 110% and any time they make a mistake they are working their ass off to try and cover up for it. Do you think Gionta would've just stopped skating like Cammalleri did once Penner got the puck in OT?
Dude was at the end of a shift and had no gaz left. Do you actually think a guy like Cammalleri, who actually does care about the success of his team, would have just stopped skating like this. As if he ever did this in the first place.

If you want to blame Cammalleri for anything, blame him for not going back to the bench earlier. But to say he stopped skating basically "for the lolz"? Geez you guys sure show how behind this player you are eh? Especially since, for some reason, none of the two d-men were covering Cammalleri when Penner got his break.

If Price wants to blame anyone, he should look at himself in a mirror and re-thing how he let that 3rd goal in when Spacek perfectly played the passing option.

Old
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Who has been playing up to his potential among our forwards besides Pleks and Andrei?

Fact is, you guys are hating on this guy for no reason, and even Gomez, when he plays a rather good game like tonight, gets some heat for... lemme guess... Scoring a goal?

Gorges got absolutely no heat from his repeated mistakes over the last few weeks, neither did Gionta.
Their offensive output aside;

Cammer was a -2 tonight, and Gomez was -1....

12.5 million dollars should buy you at least even.

Old
deandebean

Quote:

The guy at fault on this play is SUbban. When you're the last man back, you don't join the rush. It's basic minor hockey stuff.

Old
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Without Cammalleri and Gomez tonight, the game doesn't even go to overtime.
Oh but I'm sure Gorges would have scored in the middle of one of his bacon dance moves. THIS is the kind of players we're pimping around here.

Once again some people are in an argument over Cammalleri, but I have yet to wonder what the **** did Gomez do potentially wrong at all tonight. And I've not been all that kind to him so far this season.
lol he keeps bringing up gorges for some reason, its hilarious.

Old
Etienne

The players are so ****ing lucky to have another game tomorrow because JM would have bagskatted the **** out of them.

Old
12-01-2010, 10:24 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Have you ever done anything except licking every popular poster's butt in your time here.

Look at the replay. Cammalleri was obviously at the end of his shift. Changes were even being called for the matter. Cammalleri obviously didn't catch the pass, because the play to do there by PK was to get back behind his net, wait for changes to be complete and for fresh players to hop on the ice. But he rushed the puck up the ice when he absolutely didn't need to do so. And Cammalleri didn't expect him to do so. Now, do you call this being nonchalent and lazy? No. Could he have made a better play? Yeah. But in the first place, this play should never have happened, as changes were called.

Those putting 100% of the blame on Cammalleri's shoulders are pathetic. I just wish you guys to lose him and to end up doing what you're already doing. Pimping the **** up of players like Higgins and Gorges and consider them as elite forwards material or top-2 d-men in power.
It's shared, but I wouldn't say PK dished it to a Cammy who was going off. In fact, just before it happened, I told myself, Cammy needs to get off, he's tired. But I knew he still wanted to stay on to try again. He was not going off. The pass was decent enough and Cammy screwed it up. It's hockey, it's fast, it happens, but you are right about the fact that PK was the last D back. He should not have skated up ice while Cammy AND Pleky would have been rushing. At least wait for the pass to go through. Now when I see how far up Subban was when the turnover occurred, I'm convinced he was (as he's wont to do) trying to make up for his earlier mistake by being instrumental in a goal (just not one against).

Old
12-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Damn I want him to be traded and perform elsewhere. I swear, in Montreal, people can't stand having very good players on their team.

Where was Gionta tonight exactly?
Where was Plekanec?

But no, Cammalleri has to be the one aimed.

7 goals, 10 assists, 17 points in 24 games. Great +/- differential, higher than Pleks if I remember well. And he's the one being criticized.

Yup. That's totally what this board is coming at. Pimping slugs like Higgins, Gorges up to what they aren't, but hating guys like Gomez and Cammalleri, who even tonight didn't play quite bad at all.
Funny. Weren't you one of the guys that called out Price fans last year for wanting him to be traded so he can go to a better team and perform? Didn't you say that those people with the best interest of a player in mind instead of the team should GTFO. Funny you change your tune when it's about a player you like.

As for the play, both Cammy and Subban were brutal on that play. It's a team game so they should all get blame. Subban with a brutal game and a questionable pass. Cammy just plain give up. As soon as that puck left his stick, he didn't even make a second effort to poke check, let alone back check. They should both be ashamed of that effort. Subban's excuse is that he's a rookie still learning getting paid under a million. Cammy is a veteran in the league with a 6mil pay check who should be leading by example. What's his excuse?

Old
12-01-2010, 10:25 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Everyone needs to stop panicking...

The Oilers beat Chicago twice this year, Ottawa, Anaheim, Colorado...

It's not like we are the only good team to get beat by them, it's going to happen every once in a while. Christ we lost 3 out of 6 last year to the 2nd last place Leafs... We also lost to the Oilers in October last year, the last place team. It's going to happen, it's called an 82 game schedule + Parity.

In a football schedule things would be different.

Old
12-01-2010, 10:26 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by skar67 View Post
WTF???

It's your role to cover a vacant spot, Whoever the **** you are. This is hockey basics right there. Your trying to cover the worst weakness cammy has this year. He doesnt backcheck to save his life, yet, tonight, he didnt too.

''Hey defenseman, I'm Mike Cammalleri, I'm not backchecking, I'm a goalscoring LW, LW's sniper doesnt backcheck''
I haven't noticed that player back then, but from what I understood from what the other poster said, they were attacking 4 on 3 and he blamed Cammalleri in particular for not backing down. If that's the case that's retarded.

Once again, Cammalleri never was an incredibly good defensive player. So I don't see why people wonder about this.

In the other end, he was at centerice, and the fact there were no d-men left back-there to cover the play was the biggest mistake in that play. Cause you know, neutral zone turnovers happen quite a few times in a hockey game.

Old
12-01-2010, 10:27 PM
habdynasty

Quote:

Gorges sucked tonight on that goal where he knocked Price over, Cammalleri sucked on the last goal too ,. Subban had a tough night. its over time to turn the page ......

Old
12-01-2010, 10:27 PM
bhuya71

Quote:

This is whats wrong with the mentality right here...

The system is not about one LW goal scoring forward...its about the team covering EVERYONE elses ass whether its our goalscoring LW...why do you think Akost is finally a beast? because he's skating and back checking tenaciously...

when you play defense YOU MUST BE intense to be effective...that intensity carries over to offense...more adrenaline...blood to the legs etc. more intensity overall

Gio and Gorges don't get as much heat collectively because they always play the system...

Cammy should've covered not because he's a goalscorer but because he's part of JM's system

I hate crap that a goal scorer shouldn't cover a dman's spot if the dman isn't there...wtf is this tennis?

Anyone who doesn't play the system and hurts the team defensively will get crap because our identity is a hard working team that is good defensively and has a strong leadership core

Old
12-01-2010, 10:28 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Dude was at the end of a shift and had no gaz left. Do you actually think a guy like Cammalleri, who actually does care about the success of his team, would have just stopped skating like this. As if he ever did this in the first place.

If you want to blame Cammalleri for anything, blame him for not going back to the bench earlier. But to say he stopped skating basically "for the lolz"? Geez you guys sure show how behind this player you are eh? Especially since, for some reason, none of the two d-men were covering Cammalleri when Penner got his break.

If Price wants to blame anyone, he should look at himself in a mirror and re-thing how he let that 3rd goal in when Spacek perfectly played the passing option.
was with you until that

cammy was too tired to backcheck, plain and simple

Price was amazing all game and that was a PERFECT shot.

Old
GoOilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Smid looks like a freak.
Yes, great observation, did you watch the game and this is all you could add???

Did you see Plekanec rolling Kostitsyn to the bench?

That was freaky........

Old
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Everyone needs to stop panicking...

The Oilers beat Chicago twice this year, Ottawa, Anaheim, Colorado...

It's not like we are the only good team to get beat by them, it's going to happen every once in a while. Christ we lost 3 out of 6 last year to the 2nd last place Leafs... We also lost to the Oilers in October last year, the last place team. It's going to happen, it's called an 82 game schedule + Parity.

In a football schedule things would be different.
Don't care who they lost to...it was blowing a 3-1 lead in the 3rd and giving up a shortie to boot. The last two goals were just plain awful decisions by the Habs.

**** happens....better come out flying tomorrow night, though.

Old
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by skar67 View Post
WTF???

Especially with this team, being about defense by committee. Cammy needs to step it up. He's getting paid ppg money and he's not producing. I don't even want to get into Gomez.

Old
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Subban just came on the ice. Cammalleri had been there for quite some time. What does Subban do? He passes to Cammalleri who's in the end of his shift and quite well covered as well.

Have you ever played hockey?
As soon as Subban picked up the puck I was expecting him to rush it up the ice, I wonder if maybe he had a talking too after that short handed goal. It seemed like he was forcing a pass that he normally wouldn't have made, maybe trying to play it safe, when typically he'd be leading the rush. Just my two cents.

Old
12-01-2010, 10:29 PM
prevail

Thinking about it a little bit more, it sucks to lose, at least we got 1 point but I'm sure the boys will be ready for tomo and hopefully be motivated,

If we coasted to a win tonight, we might have only gotten 2 points against EDM and NJ. Now that we lost the lead and embarrassed ourselves, we have a chance to get 3...

Old
Kenny Powders

Quote:
I haven't noticed that player back then, but from what I understood from what the other poster said, they were attacking 4 on 3 and he blamed Cammalleri in particular for not backing down. If that's the case that's retarded.

Once again, Cammalleri never was an incredibly good defensive player. So I don't see why people wonder about this.

In the other end, he was at centerice, and the fact there were no d-men left back-there to cover the play was the biggest mistake in that play. Cause you know, neutral zone turnovers happen quite a few times in a hockey game.
I totally understand what youre saying, I agree with you that you need a D-Men to cover the play. And I conceede that Cammy isnt a very good defensive foward. But please, That backcheck was awful, not because of him beeing tired, which i'm sure he was, but still, at least I would have give it all, but he simply stoped. Just looking at his body leaning up like that means he completly gave up on the play, not by beeing tired but just saying ''Oh Carey is gonna save it, i'm just gonna watch the rebound''.

Old
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRON JELLY View Post
Cammy has been horrible. Everytime he gets the puck on his stick, the other team has it 2 seconds later. Or in this case, .2 seconds later.
Cam my is a turnover machine in this own zone and the neutral zone!

Old
12-01-2010, 10:31 PM
NewHabsEra*

Miserable Habs showing but the young Oilers probably played their best game of the season. Something wrong since the Pleks and Subban incident, I dont feel the same passion or dedication as a team..

Old
12-01-2010, 10:32 PM
JayBee*

Did you guys watch Cam before he came to Montreal? HE'S A SNIPER! He's at his best when he's being fed pucks at the top of the circle where he can one time them. Think, when's the last time Cam one-timed a shot from the top of the circle? Playing with Gomez and Moen...has completely changed him....he's trying to do too much.

He has never been a good backchecker or good defensively. That's not what he's paid for.

He screwed up on the game winner, OK. Let it go, move on.

Old
12-01-2010, 10:32 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoOilers View Post
Yes, great observation, did you watch the game and this is all you could add???

Did you see Plekanec rolling Kostitsyn to the bench?

That was freaky........
Just a FYI.. Visitors with less than a 100 posts aren't allowed to post on the Habs board...

Old
12-01-2010, 10:33 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Cam my is a turnover machine in this own zone and the neutral zone!
And in the offensive zone, during the power play, on the half boards. There.....that pretty much covers it.

Closed Thread