HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Failure

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-01-2010, 09:48 PM
  #176
TankEller*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Potato View Post
Man people here are taking other posters' comments too personally and getting angry at others because they don't have the same perception.
I'm actually pretty calm right now. Just because I point out how ridiculous conceptions on this board can be sometimes, doesn't mean I'm angry and taking comments personally. I just am extremly surprised to see how people can be pathetic when it comes to looking at the whole picture.

btw... I haven't been putting all of the blame on Subban. But apparently, just suggesting he might not have been all right on that play makes me a fanboy and a stupid poster.

TankEller* is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 09:49 PM
  #177
Nidema
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
I'm also concerned when all the streaky scorers on this team go cold at the same time. Then even when Price plays huge, there'll be no run support....
Well the thing is, Price had a November that any goalie in the league would be jealous of and our record is only 8-4 and 3 shutout losses. So it's not like Price has had awesome run support currently. Most games, we win by 1 or 2 goal margins.

With that said, even with all this negativity, we're still 3rd in the conference. Chin up boys. Good times are still ahead!

Nidema is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 09:50 PM
  #178
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,486
vCash: 500
Cammy and PK will have great games tomorrow. They have the mental toughness.

If not...then resume trade talks.

I feel the worst for Habs fans in Edmonton. Not gonna be fun at work tomorrow.

habtastic is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 09:50 PM
  #179
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankEller View Post
When someone tells you to go get a job, this is a logical answer. Especially when it actually might not be far-fetched.

As for salaries, I don't give a flying crap. To me, it's all about what a player gives to his team.
Hates the wrong players? No. It just take more for me to be impressed than a random puck flying to the helmet of a guy. I also am capable of seeing the whole forest, whereas most of you are already looking to drop Cammalleri, waive Gomez or better yet, get Subban in the AHL after one tough game.
It was quite funny when you said it though, the "i could buy you if i want" thing but anyways..

I just don't get why you always have to bring up Gorges. He's a bottom pair D that gives his best every night. I don't think he was a factor good or bad tonight but you always seem to have to bring him into the conversation when your guys are being criticized.

Gorges has been much more consistent than Gomez or Cammalleri this season so far. He's doing his job, Gomez and Cammy aren't.

Note that I'm not saying that Gomez and Cammy were bad tonight but just overall this season so far. They could be much much better.

Stradale is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 09:51 PM
  #180
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,495
vCash: 500
PK needs to start being smarter out there. It's been going on far too long. Fancy little plays don't work as often as he tries them. Sometimes he needs to go back to the simple plays, simple outlet passes, simple clears. Oh and the one hand on the stick thing...he's getting caught way too often around his net.

As for Cammy...I'm conflicted about him. Had a great first half to the game then seemed to drift off a bit.
AK46 looked like total hell after he came back from that nasty hit, but I'll give him a pass.

I thought Gomez looked fine tonight, and he looked real good when, surprise, there was a 2nd top 6 player and a 2nd pass option on his line. Happy he got a goal, even if it wasn't the prettiest of them, anything that can help get him going.

Pouliot...I don't know what it is, but he's tentative with the puck all the time this year. He pulls out a good move from time to time then it seems like he doesn't want to try and be creative.

Hamrlik with the signature goal. Awesome.

Gorges and Gill had strong games.

Gio and Plek were okay, nothing really special.

Coldplay is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 09:51 PM
  #181
TankEller*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
Well the thing is, Price had a November that any goalie in the league would be jealous of and our record is only 8-4 and 3 shutout losses. So it's not like Price has had awesome run support currently. Most games, we win by 1 or 2 goal margins.

With that said, even with all this negativity, we're still 3rd in the conference. Chin up boys. Good times are still ahead!
Not if we don't actually realize we need more than 5 regular d-men to be successful.

TankEller* is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 09:53 PM
  #182
elsubz
Registered User
 
elsubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
Woah people seriously need to chill, the habs will bounceback tomorrow. Now wheres the barrel roll video of Akost?


Last edited by elsubz: 12-01-2010 at 10:17 PM.
elsubz is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 09:56 PM
  #183
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,640
vCash: 50
Was at the game. It was ass.

Good thing the team can rebound easily, but they need to get on a roll.

Bill McNeal is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 09:57 PM
  #184
TankEller*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
It was quite funny when you said it though, the "i could buy you if i want" thing but anyways..

I just don't get why you always have to bring up Gorges. He's a bottom pair D that gives his best every night. I don't think he was a factor good or bad tonight but you always seem to have to bring him into the conversation when your guys are being criticized.

Gorges has been much more consistent than Gomez or Cammalleri this season so far. He's doing his job, Gomez and Cammy aren't.

Note that I'm not saying that Gomez and Cammy were bad tonight but just overall this season so far. They could be much much better.
I'll make a diagram:

What TankEller likes: Subban, Cammalleri, Plekanec, Gomez, Gionta, Gorges, Price, Auld, Eller, every Habs player for that matter.

What TankEller DOESN'T like:
Gorges is going to be a top-pairing d-man!!!
Higgins is a future 45 goals scorer!!!
Cammalleri is the only responsible for this goal!!!
Price/Halak is the next Roy!!!
Price/Halak is the next Racicot!!!
Subban is AHL-bound!!!

I hate when people go from one extreme to the other. I am not a huge fan of Darche, but even I can admit he makes me look bad and that he's actually playing great hockey. You know why? Because it helps the team in the long run.

I just feel there are too many extremes in this board. People worship half of the team, but despise the other half. Even Gomez didn't play bad tonight. Still, people open up threads claiming how "****ING ANNOYED THEY ARE ABOUT HIM ZOMGZZZ!!!". That being said, in that game, he actually played better hockey than Gionta and Plekanec IMHO. Still, not a word is being said about those two, who aren't paid as high as Gomez and Cammalleri, but in revenge, who didn't produce anything in the offensive zone.

TankEller* is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 09:59 PM
  #185
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey
 
BenchBrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,154
vCash: 800
Unbelievable that we signed Gionta and Cammalleri and traded for Gomez.I won't hate on Gionta bu it's clear he's not worth the contract , and dont even get me started on Cammalleri , everybody must know how I feel about this useless player by now , and Gomez is just a lost cause at this point.Now we're stuck with these players and our old players are doing all the work , imagine if we just didnt made these 3 moves , maybe we wouldnt have made the conference final but we would have so much money until we find better player to sign , not to mention better draft picks we would had.Dont get me wrong , im not the ''drafttt pick rebuilddd zomg'' type of fan , but those 3 moves were desperate and while the team is performing I think these moves will stop us from reaching the next level.

BenchBrawl is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:04 PM
  #186
Slippin Jimmy
You'd Better RUN!
 
Slippin Jimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,955
vCash: 500
Is Brodeur playing tomorrow?

Slippin Jimmy is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:05 PM
  #187
Mister Potato
Registered User
 
Mister Potato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankEller View Post
I'll make a diagram:

What TankEller likes: Subban, Cammalleri, Plekanec, Gomez, Gionta, Gorges, Price, Auld, Eller, every Habs player for that matter.

What TankEller DOESN'T like:
Gorges is going to be a top-pairing d-man!!!
Higgins is a future 45 goals scorer!!!
Cammalleri is the only responsible for this goal!!!
Price/Halak is the next Roy!!!
Price/Halak is the next Racicot!!!
Subban is AHL-bound!!!

I hate when people go from one extreme to the other. I am not a huge fan of Darche, but even I can admit he makes me look bad and that he's actually playing great hockey. You know why? Because it helps the team in the long run.

I just feel there are too many extremes in this board. People worship half of the team, but despise the other half. Even Gomez didn't play bad tonight. Still, people open up threads claiming how "****ING ANNOYED THEY ARE ABOUT HIM ZOMGZZZ!!!". That being said, in that game, he actually played better hockey than Gionta and Plekanec IMHO. Still, not a word is being said about those two, who aren't paid as high as Gomez and Cammalleri, but in revenge, who didn't produce anything in the offensive zone.
Does it feel good to finally come out of the closet ?

Mister Potato is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:06 PM
  #188
TankEller*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
Unbelievable that we signed Gionta and Cammalleri and traded for Gomez.I won't hate on Gionta bu it's clear he's not worth the contract , and dont even get me started on Cammalleri , everybody must know how I feel about this useless player by now , and Gomez is just a lost cause at this point.Now we're stuck with these players and our old players are doing all the work , imagine if we just didnt made these 3 moves , maybe we wouldnt have made the conference final but we would have so much money until we find better player to sign , not to mention better draft picks we would had.Dont get me wrong , im not the ''drafttt pick rebuilddd zomg'' type of fan , but those 3 moves were desperate and while the team is performing I think these moves will stop us from reaching the next level.
Is there a single player in this team that you love besides Darche, Picard and Lapierre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Potato View Post
Does it feel good to finally come out of the closet ?
I don't think I'm in any kind of closet, nor have I been acting in opposite to my convictions. What you see is what you get.

TankEller* is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:10 PM
  #189
m00ks
Registered User
 
m00ks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,911
vCash: 500
Win tomorrow and all is forgiven. That is all.

m00ks is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:10 PM
  #190
deandebean
Registered User
 
deandebean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gatineau, câlisse
Country: uriname
Posts: 9,911
vCash: 500
This thread is hilarious after a ****** loss.

deandebean is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:11 PM
  #191
budd99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
Where's the vid of plekanec rolling AK!!

budd99 is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:13 PM
  #192
elsubz
Registered User
 
elsubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by budd99 View Post
Where's the vid of plekanec rolling AK!!
THIS! Wheres that Fel dude when we need him?

elsubz is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:13 PM
  #193
TankEller*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Win tomorrow and all is forgiven. That is all.
I wouldn't bet a whole lot on it considering who we're playing tomorrow :S

TankEller* is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:19 PM
  #194
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey
 
BenchBrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,154
vCash: 800
Remember when people wanted to give Cammalleri the C ?

BenchBrawl is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:24 PM
  #195
Darth Joker
Registered User
 
Darth Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,800
vCash: 500
It's fairly simple - the Oilers speed exposes our pretty old/slow defense and PK had a bad game. He's a rookie and an offensively-oriented defensemen. We should be thankful that it took him this long to have a stinker of a regular season game. If PK only has a game like this a few times a year, I can easily live with that considering the pros he brings to this team.

But, the main point remains - long-term, we need a faster/younger defense.

Now, thankfully, most of the other NHL teams don't have speed to burn like the Oilers do (the Oilers bad record is mostly on their D and goaltending - and they got unusually good goaltending tonight - nobody should underestimate their highly talented forwards). So it's not too many teams that will make our D look as bad as what the Oilers can.

However, if we have this exact same defense corps a year from now, it's going to be a nightmare, because at that point it will be old/slow enough for even average-speed teams to run over.

But, for now, I'm with MathMan in not worrying too much about the lost. Yeah, Cammy needs to be a lot better, but as a team, the Habs just made the mistake of underestimating the opposition and ended up blowing a lead in the third. It's up to Martin to make sure that they don't make the same mistake often, and hopefully Martin is up to the task.

Our game against Jersey will be telling here.

Darth Joker is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:24 PM
  #196
BJG
Registered User
 
BJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 494
vCash: 500
I love SuperPleXXX, but a piece of advice: When on one of your multiple short-handed 2-on-1 rushes with Moen, maybe think about shooting. You're you and he's Moen; think about it.

BJG is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:26 PM
  #197
AVE MAN
Registered User
 
AVE MAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,221
vCash: 500
From an outsider point of view, I think where Montreal went wrong is they thought they could play a run and gun game with a young, fast team that has offensive talent. That's pretty much the only style of game the Oilers have a chance of winning

The Oilers struggle against any other brand of hockey. ie trap hockey, defensive games or tough physical matches.

Mike Babcock said the Red Wings goal was not to open it up vs the Oilers this year and they're the Detroit friggin RedWings.

Just my 2 cents.

AVE MAN is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:31 PM
  #198
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVE MAN View Post
From an outsider point of view, I think where Montreal went wrong is they thought they could play a run and gun game with a young, fast team that has offensive talent. That's pretty much the only style of game the Oilers have a chance of winning

The Oilers struggle against any other brand of hockey. ie trap hockey, defensive games or tough physical matches.

Mike Babcock said the Red Wings goal was not to open it up vs the Oilers this year and they're the Detroit friggin RedWings.

Just my 2 cents.
Well said.

Thumbs up to your Kelly Buchberger avatar, I always thought he was a warrior and yet one of the weirdest looking indivuals I've ever seen. The helmet may be part of this.

JGRB is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:31 PM
  #199
oilsands
shut 'em down.
 
oilsands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Halland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,813
vCash: 500
Jesus christ you guys are hard on your players.

oilsands is offline  
Old
12-01-2010, 10:32 PM
  #200
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
mass suicide coming soon? relax, losses happen. It won't even matter in a day or two.
No kidding!

Philly got shut out tonight... Are they all flipping out?

As far as PK goes, he may have had his VERY BEST GAME of the season... in terms of learning valuable lessons

An true education is painful at times.

Born in 1909 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.