HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Failure

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2010, 10:34 PM
LastRide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVE MAN View Post
From an outsider point of view, I think where Montreal went wrong is they thought they could play a run and gun game with a young, fast team that has offensive talent. That's pretty much the only style of game the Oilers have a chance of winning

The Oilers struggle against any other brand of hockey. ie trap hockey, defensive games or tough physical matches.

Mike Babcock said the Red Wings goal was not to open it up vs the Oilers this year and they're the Detroit friggin RedWings.

Just my 2 cents.
Thats the Habs strength is they have a fast team. So I am lost for words. They are not a trap team. Problem is the players that are suppose to score are not.

Old
12-01-2010, 10:34 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskyoil View Post
Jesus christ you guys are hard on your players.
Some of us, saskyoil, some of us...

I'm good with the results of tonight. It's to be expected over an 82 game schedule and I mean that with absolutely no disrespect to the Oilers they are a very promising young team.

Old
12-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVE MAN View Post
From an outsider point of view, I think where Montreal went wrong is they thought they could play a run and gun game with a young, fast team that has offensive talent. That's pretty much the only style of game the Oilers have a chance of winning

The Oilers struggle against any other brand of hockey. ie trap hockey, defensive games or tough physical matches.

Mike Babcock said the Red Wings goal was not to open it up vs the Oilers this year and they're the Detroit friggin RedWings.

Just my 2 cents.
That's pretty much it. We didn't play run and gun until the end of the second and we were winning the game.

Bad game guys, it happens, now the important thing is to bounce back against the Devils. Without Brodeur, everything is possible.

Just one thing. For those saying Cammy was too tired to backcheck, please get real. I understand he might not have been able to go back full speed, catch up to Penner, strip him of the puck and send somebody else on a breakaway. However, whatever your level of fatigue is, you cannot quit on the play like that. You have to at least try to catch up to the player to ensure he cannot bury a rebound. Cammy wasn't even close to that; he just drifted forward looking at Penner skating. That's poor.

Now, sure, you can blame Subban too. I honestly don't see how his pass was so bad, but that's my opinion. Cammy had the time to dump it but decided to play it with his skate and turned it over.

Now I'm not one to bash Cammalleri senselessly, but I think he's the one to blame on the OT goal more so than Subban.

Heh, **** happens. Better to drop a point against the Oilers than the Leafs or the Bruins.

Old
12-01-2010, 10:35 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankEller View Post
Is there a single player in this team that you love besides Darche, Picard and Lapierre?
I see what you did there and I dont really understand why you said that as I never truly made any statement about prefering quebecois players , not to mention I dont really care about our current one except maybe Lapierre but he's far from my favorite.

My favorites players currently are : Kostitsyn , Plekanec , Gorges , Hamrlik , Subban & Pouliot.I don't really dislike any player on the team except Cammalleri but I'm not that thrilled with the amount of money we gave Gionta and Gomez.

Old
12-01-2010, 10:36 PM
RE-HABS

Is the St. Lawrence water level rising cause of all the Hab fans jumping in??? lol

There is a pattern here, Montreal has seemed to do worse against the lesser teams. They either don't get up for the game, or don't give the other team enough credit.

All 82 games count, regardless in what spot you sit in in the standings.

Old
12-01-2010, 10:37 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
It's sad sometimes, isn't it. It's a shame when a loss like this comes some people just rage all over our team.

Old
12-01-2010, 10:40 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Blow up the team

Season over

etc. etc.

15-8-2 is pathetic. This team is a disgrace.

Old
12-01-2010, 10:40 PM
LastRide

Habs will slip into 8th place again. It will be on Price's shoulders come playoffs just like Halak last year. Same thing, different year. Not enough scoring is the downfall for this team again.

Old
12-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Mother Pucker

Wow, I should have sticked to my ''don't look at the PGT after the Habs lose'' rule.. There's more optimism on the Islander's board than here whenever we lose by ONE GOAL in OT.

Old
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.

Quote:
Nothing worse than Oilers fans on their players...anyway, it was an exciting game, too bad exciting is part and parcel with opening up a game with the Oilers. Oilers are pretty good when it opens up like that.

Old
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

It's painful to hear all the comments about Kostitsyn playing with no heart all the time when it's pretty clear Cammalleri has never played with any heart except when thigns were going his way and I challegen anyone to come with any arguments that says otherwise.The guy won't take a hit to save his mother's life , so don't hold your breathe waiting for him to win any battle in the corner.The only physical play he has shown was slashing players uselessly for revenge , in their back , resulting in penalties.Now sure he's not paid for that , but some defensive game or even nice passes sometimes would be nice , specially since he's not scoring that many goals right now.

Old
12-01-2010, 10:48 PM
Bieber fever

this team won't make it thru the 1st round in the playoff.

the miracle will not happen twice

Old
12-01-2010, 10:50 PM
RE-HABS

This is getting sick, I hope most are being sarcastic, not serious...pathetic!

Old
Patrice Brisebois

Did Cammalleri work out or practice at all during the summer? His shots rarely hit the net, he's soft as **** along the boards, he's a turnover machine, and he skates slower than Pierre Dagenais.

Old
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce514 View Post

Of course not. We lost to the Oilers, our season is over.

Old
12-01-2010, 10:51 PM
zzoo

I've watched the replay of the last goal by Penner a few times, it's Subban who made a very bad pass to Cammalleri. And Camma didn't make any effort to catch Penner, he skated slowly back.
Subban made 2 mistakes that cost us two goals.

I like Plekanec more and more, he rarely make any mistake and he's very reliable.

Don't worry guys, we will win tomorrow. Habs last few games: W L W L W L W L.

Old
12-01-2010, 10:52 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
I've watched the replay of the last goal by Penner a few times, it's Subban who made a very bad pass to Cammalleri. And Camma didn't make any effort to catch Penner, he skated slowly back.
Subban made 2 mistakes that cost us two goals.

I like Plekanec more and more, he rarely make any mistake and he's very reliable.

Don't worry guys, we will win tomorrow. Habs last few games: W L W L W L W L.
I totally agree, why so many are all over Cammarelli blows my mind when a rookie made two mistakes tonight that probably cost us the game. Subban should be held accountable, not Cammalleri.

Old
12-01-2010, 10:55 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrice Brisebois View Post
Did Cammalleri work out or practice at all during the summer? His shots rarely hit the net, he's soft as **** along the boards, he's a turnover machine, and he skates slower than Pierre Dagenais.
Truth has been spoken

Old
12-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Mother Pucker

Quote:

Why do you even post?

Old
12-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Just saw the PK mistake on the PP, it's just a rookie mistake from a guy who like to take chances, no big deal at all

Old
12-01-2010, 11:05 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Let Down Game.

In the grand scheme of things, no big deal...

Old
12-01-2010, 11:06 PM
Stradale

Quote:

Winning one playoffs round is a miracle now?

Old
12-01-2010, 11:09 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Is it possible that people just try to see it as it really is? A dissapointing loss? But then, how the heck does it state anything for the future? Time to go to sleep for some....

Old
12-01-2010, 11:09 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Just saw the PK mistake on the PP, it's just a rookie mistake from a guy who like to take chances, no big deal at all
I can live with rookie mistakes, especially from a kid who is that talented. Let him work his magic. I just can't handle giving up a 2 goal lead in the 3rd at home against one of the worst teams in the NHL. **** happens, but it stung.

Old
12-01-2010, 11:10 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

From Canadiens express on RDS AK looked beast mode all game. And the last goal , Subban should have pass to Plek , Cammy was scared to get hit , play like that happen when you give the momentum to the other team.

Closed Thread