HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Top replacement blade to heat and custom curve?

Old
12-02-2010, 12:34 AM
tsnTpoint

vCash: 500
I have recently been playing with an older Koho Jagr blade in my Broke Easton Stealth shaft. I custom curved this blade into a little more toe curve and absolutely loved it! This blade was a laminate type construction with wood strips. I curved it over the stove into my custom curve.

It broke after it's regular wear and tear so I tried another Easton wood blade and really struggled to get this thing to even budge. Eventually it curved to where I wanted it but also broke midway through my next game.

I only use blades in a shaft because I love the feel over one pieces or wood sticks.

I'd buy another of the koho Jagr blades but they are no longer made

I was wondering if anyone knew of any blades that will heat and curve without absolutely destroying their strength??

Thanks!!

tsnTpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 12:51 AM
ponder

Are you sure they no longer make Koho Jagr blades? Because for street hockey I always use the Koho wood/ABS/fiberglass combo blade (mostly a wood blade with a strip of ABS at the bottom for durability, covered in fiberglass, GREAT street hockey blade), it's called the Crossover, and it only comes in the Jagr curve. Not suggesting you use this one for ice, as I'm guessing the ABS bottom could totally screw up any curving attempts, but if they still make wood/ABS combo blades in the Jagr curve you'd think they'd make all wood Jagrs too?

Also, that must be a pretty wild looking once you're done with it, the Jagr is already pretty damn curved, can't imagine it with extra toe curve!

ponder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 08:31 AM
tsnTpoint

Ya it is wild with that extra little curve at the toe! Makes for some unreal toe drags though.

Are you sure the Koho crossover is still around? I can't find any online and heard that Koho was bought out by Reebok? Thus why I can't find Koho blades anywhere?

Old
12-02-2010, 12:49 PM
BlackDog13

The Jagr curve is called the C21.

BlackDog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 05:41 PM
tsnTpoint

Thanks!! That should help alot, I appreciate it.

Old
12-02-2010, 05:56 PM
ponder

Also, I never used to heat/curve blades myself, but I seem to remember people doing this with Sherwoods, maybe try out a Sherwood blade? The Coffee curve is super common and somewhat similar to the Jagr, more of a mid curve while the Jagr is a mid/heel, but both are super deep curves that always felt reasonably alike to me.

ponder is online now   Reply With Quote