HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

39th Obsequious Banter Thread: The Gum is Out.

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2010, 12:05 AM
UseYourAllusion

vCash: 500
The Olive Garden is an abomination, and I'm pretty sure my mom would disown me for ever having been in one.

Old
12-08-2010, 12:11 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
The Olive Garden is an abomination, and I'm pretty sure my mom would disown me for ever having been in one.
I dated a girl who loved Olive Garden. I was OK enough with it to take her there...I mean, it's hard to make bad pasta. But then I spent some time in Italy, and now I fully realize just how terrible that place is.

Old
12-08-2010, 01:10 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Anyone here have any recommendations for places to stay in the Poconos? Thinking about going up for a few days, never been, so I thought, what the hell why not.

Old
12-08-2010, 01:18 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
Quote:
I agree. give me the local mom and pops italian place over the Olive Garden. nasty.

Old
12-08-2010, 05:28 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
My Uncle has Italian heritage (parents came here from a town near Corleone actually) and a few Thanksgivings ago my sister made the mistake of mentioning how much she loved Olive Garden.

Bad mistake.

I'm not a big fan of it myself. I also don't like Sonic that much just cause it seems to be a bit pricey. I mean, when you start talking 16 or 17 bucks for a couple people, why not just go to a diner?

Old
12-08-2010, 05:32 AM
SolidSnakeUS

I like their breadsticks. That's pretty much it.

I'd rather go to a diner if I'm going to spend quite a bit. Hell, I'll probably get a good breakfast there.

Old
12-08-2010, 07:38 AM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
It's hard, I didn't think I could touch it, but I got goaded on by other folk at the gym, and I'm to dumb to say no
Invest in some wrist wraps.

I went from 485 deadlift to 550 deadlift with them. It is amazing how much your grip can hold you back.

Old
12-08-2010, 07:44 AM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I dated a girl who loved Olive Garden. I was OK enough with it to take her there...I mean, it's hard to make bad pasta. But then I spent some time in Italy, and now I fully realize just how terrible that place is.
They are pretty good for soup and salad at lunch (IE. cheaper than saladworks), but other than that they are straight disgusting, even by chain Italian restaurants standards.

Go google Johnny Carino's, Maggiano's or even Carrabba's if you want good Italian food without spending 20 bucks/plate at a nicer, non-commercialized place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
I'm not a big fan of it myself. I also don't like Sonic that much just cause it seems to be a bit pricey. I mean, when you start talking 16 or 17 bucks for a couple people, why not just go to a diner?
Applebee's charges just about the same price for a burger and fries as any fast food place. They also give you 1/2 burgers as opposed to 1/4 burgers and the food isn't even comparable quality wise.

The only way you spend more at Applebee's is the tip, but really, it is 100% worth it.

Old
12-08-2010, 08:01 AM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Well I for one love Sonic, and the Olive Garden, so I think you can all suck it.

Old
12-08-2010, 09:16 AM
McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
Well I for one love Sonic, and the Olive Garden, so I think you can all suck it.
I have no issues with the Olive Garden just don't call it Italian food, as most people would find that to be pretty insulting. Sonic is the **** though, easily one of my favorite breakfast burritos

Old
12-08-2010, 09:36 AM
CharlieGirl
Summer

Quote:
Thatta girl!

Old
12-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Flyersfan1493
Formerly Go For It

Although Sonic is pretty good, it ain't got nothin on Chic-Fil-A. Best fast food handsdown.

Also agree with most of you about Olive Garden. Love going their for lunch for the unlimited* soup, salad, and breadsticks, but would rather go somewhere else for a nice "Italian" dinner.

* I've noticed that those three things aren't really unlimited, especially the breadsticks. After morning AP tests and the SATs, my girlfriend and a couple of our friends usually go and get this deal, but they always cut us off at 4 orders of breadsticks. Not cool.

Old
12-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Kambo

The thing I find about "nice" Italian places, is that most of the time the food doesn't live up to the rep. Maybe I've just trained my pallet in the ways of crappy Italian, but I find that I enjoy a lot of the food I order at The Olive Garden a lot more, than these other high-end real Italian places.

Old
12-08-2010, 10:07 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 800
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Olive Garden is good, but I live in Philadelphia, there is an Italian place on every block that is better and cheaper.

Old
12-08-2010, 10:37 AM
CharlieGirl
Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
Olive Garden is good, but I live in Philadelphia, there is an Italian place on every block that is better and cheaper.
That's the difference. I live in Kitchener - I can find german food, indian food, and thai food anywhere, but there are only two good italian restaurants in town and they're both upscale.

Old
12-08-2010, 10:43 AM
agrudez*

Quote:
Suck what, exactly?

Quote:
The thing I find about "nice" Italian places, is that most of the time the food doesn't live up to the rep. Maybe I've just trained my pallet in the ways of crappy Italian, but I find that I enjoy a lot of the food I order at The Olive Garden a lot more, than these other high-end real Italian places.
That is because Olive Garden has untalented cooks, so they load up everything with heavy cream, butter and cheese (IE. trans fats); whereas, a truly talented chef needs only fresh herbs and olive oil to make good Italian cooking.

Old
12-08-2010, 11:34 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
Suck what, exactly?

That is because Olive Garden has untalented cooks, so they load up everything with heavy cream, butter and cheese (IE. trans fats); whereas, a truly talented chef needs only fresh herbs and olive oil to make good Italian cooking.
Olive Garden is literally a slightly more upscale McDonalds. Most of the food is pre-prepared and microwaved rather then cooked fresh.

For the record, before I was told I have Gluten-intolerance, I used to enjoy Olive Garden, even though I knew it was not real italian and that it was mostly microwaved.

Now I just buy rice pasta and make my own dishes at home. My gluten-free chicken alfredo is pretty good, at least I think so.

Old
12-08-2010, 11:54 AM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Olive Garden is literally a slightly more upscale McDonalds. Most of the food is pre-prepared and microwaved rather then cooked fresh.

For the record, before I was told I have Gluten-intolerance, I used to enjoy Olive Garden, even though I knew it was not real italian and that it was mostly microwaved.

Now I just buy rice pasta and make my own dishes at home. My gluten-free chicken alfredo is pretty good, at least I think so.
I make a really good fat free alfredo.

skim milk
fat free condensed milk
fat free parm cheese
fresh garlic
fresh oregano
touch of flour to stiffen the sauce
=
win

Old
12-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Shady McCoy
Eagles That Quack

Quote:
Suck what, exactly?
tit obviously......

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
12-08-2010, 12:11 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
tit obviously......
Not when one of the female persuasion says it, my friend.

Old
12-08-2010, 12:11 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
My grandfather is straight off the boat from Italy and he loves it there. He goes like once a week and is constantly giving me Olive Garden gift cards. His family from Italy came over here a few years back and he took them to NY for the day. They are at Olive Garden in Time Square and they loved it. Haha.

Old
12-08-2010, 12:47 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
I make a really good fat free alfredo.

skim milk
fat free condensed milk
fat free parm cheese
fresh garlic
fresh oregano
touch of flour to stiffen the sauce
=
win
I'm not doubting your cooking skills, but fat free alfredo just sounds wrong.

Old
12-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Kambo

Quote:
Suck what, exactly?
My big toe.

Quote:
Hey, people's opinions differ. Healthy does not always = good. So whereas they may actually be using better ingredients and whatnot, the taste is going be different. I guess I prefer transfat. As long as I'm happy eating it, it makes no difference to me. Microwaves or not.

Old
12-08-2010, 01:03 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
Quote:
of course you love the Olive Garden, Most chicks love the Olive Garden.
I cant comment on Sonic because the nearest one is in NJ I think. We used to have A&W up here wich is the same type of cencept.

Old
12-08-2010, 01:03 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I just got 22/27 of my practice hearsay quiz portion of my final that I have tomorrow. I feel that is enough to consider my studying a success and relax the rest of the day.

Closed Thread