HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Panthers @ The Kings

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2010, 12:02 AM
Montsy14

vCash: 50
Sometimes I wonder if we even have a friggin coach. Look at us with the goalie pulled. Most unorganized and pathetic team in the league. Weiss almost had it right, he should have just put it in the empty net instead of sliding it just wide. I don't give a **** if we win 10 games straight because we'll probably lose 20 straight right after. I hope Tallon knows what he's doing, I can't take this anymore.

Old
12-03-2010, 12:03 AM
flapanthersfan

vCash: 500
Jason Garrison has been terrible lately.

Old
12-03-2010, 12:09 AM
Erick

Our two dumbass announcers actually think the team played well tonight, too.

Stop making excuses, Billy. Team didn't play well. The first goal was a lucky ass bounce; the second goal was a weak goal allowed by Quick. So quick (no pun intended) to blame for Vokoun for every goal and make him look like the scapegoat, yet every time one of our pee-wee forwards does something, they're great! Newsflash, this group of forwards are nothing more than a bunch of nice secondary scorers.

Now, they're not even playing well, defensively. McCabe looks like a dumbass, constantly. Garrison has regressed; Weaver has had his fair share of idiotic moments the past couple of games. Our best D men lately are the youngest of the group (Ellerby, Kulikov).

At least that's the bright side. Ellerby was awesome tonight, again. Kulikov quietly saved a goal, as well, and has looked much better the past 3 games or so.

Old
12-03-2010, 12:11 AM
FinlandPanther

its so sad when i see the trade deadline as the most exciting part of my florida panthers year..... but guys i know it's been ten years.... but stay strong tallon will turn it around. im expecting another monster draft and we will be picking relatively high as well. we're going to do it right finally. hopefully....

Old
12-03-2010, 12:13 AM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post

Stop making excuses, Billy. Team didn't play well. The first goal was a lucky ass bounce; the second goal was a weak goal allowed by Quick. So quick (no pun intended) to blame for Vokoun for every goal and make him look like the scapegoat, yet every time one of our pee-wee forwards does something, they're great! Newsflash, this group of forwards are nothing more than a bunch of nice secondary scorers.

Now, they're not even playing well, defensively. McCabe looks like a dumbass, constantly. Garrison has regressed; Weaver has had his fair share of idiotic moments the past couple of games. Our best D men lately are the youngest of the group (Ellerby, Kulikov).

At least that's the bright side. Ellerby was awesome tonight, again. Kulikov quietly saved a goal, as well, and has looked much better the past 3 games or so.
ellerby definetely has the making of a top 4 shutdown D with some offensive potential and was superb tonight and kulikov is just getting better even after his little slump. that goal really helped him. hes going to be great. gudbranson, kulikov, ellerby, and robak/petrovic just makes me drool

Old
12-03-2010, 12:21 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:

Now, they're not even playing well, defensively. McCabe looks like a dumbass, constantly. Garrison has regressed; Weaver has had his fair share of idiotic moments the past couple of games. Our best D men lately are the youngest of the group (Ellerby, Kulikov).At least that's the bright side. Ellerby was awesome tonight, again. Kulikov quietly saved a goal, as well, and has looked much better the past 3 games or so.
IMO, Wideman has played really well lately too.

Old
12-03-2010, 12:23 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Sucks that we lost because we had a great chance of winning this one.

Old
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
IMO, Wideman has played really well lately too.
I thought he was pretty bad last night in Anaheim.
Overall though, I agree that he's been our best D man so far this year.

Old
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:

While I agree in part with the announcers gushing over our forwards hitting the post, you're VERY quick to defend Vokoun and always blame the defensemen. While they have been slacking lately, Vokoun has allowed some weakies, too.

12-03-2010, 12:29 AM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
While I agree in part with the announcers gushing over our forwards hitting the post, you're VERY quick to defend Vokoun and always blame the defensemen. While they have been slacking lately, Vokoun has allowed some weakies, too.
i thinks its more of weakies for vokoun in general because vokoun is so used to standing on his head that we have grown accustomed to him saving everything. ill agree his fivehole has looked a little loose lately but those shots have come from pretty in close. kopitars goal he couldn't do anything he had to repostion himself to the net and kopitar took advantage of that.

Old
12-03-2010, 12:32 AM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Seems to be mental again. Team can't win at this point. In 2008, they held every third period lead and came back in games they had no business in. Every year but that, they choke away leads and can't force overtime. The losing culture is still here unfortunately.

Anyway, just hope they either keep losing, or go on a huge streak. Don't hover around .500.

Old
12-03-2010, 12:37 AM
Erick

Quote:
They were saying that the first goal was "one Vokoun would probably have to like back." The first goal was a result of leaving Stoll all alone in the slot.

Call me crazy, but it sure as hell is difficult to close the 5 hole, when the team in front of you is letting guys get open to shoot 100mph slappers, like it's all good.

I really didn't see how that was Vokoun's fault.

Everyone expects Vokoun to be superman because he's really...the only player on the team. For the Panthers to win a game, Vokoun has to be spectacular. This team is NOTHING without him.

I can't wait until he leaves, and Scott Clemmensen takes over for him; the announcers and the fanbase will quickly realize just how good Vokoun was in his time here. We should be happy that he hasn't demanded a trade, yet; if I were him, I would've done so a long time ago.

Old
12-03-2010, 12:39 AM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandPanther View Post
i thinks its more of weakies for vokoun in general because vokoun is so used to standing on his head that we have grown accustomed to him saving everything. ill agree his fivehole has looked a little loose lately but those shots have come from pretty in close. kopitars goal he couldn't do anything he had to repostion himself to the net and kopitar took advantage of that.
Exactly.

That was Garrison's fault for not clearing, and Weaver's fault for not taking out Kopitar in front of the net (or at least tying Kopitar's stick).

Vokoun made the initial save.

Old
12-03-2010, 12:45 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
They were saying that the first goal was "one Vokoun would probably have to like back." The first goal was a result of leaving Stoll all alone in the slot.

Call me crazy, but it sure as hell is difficult to close the 5 hole, when the team in front of you is letting guys get open to shoot 100mph slappers, like it's all good.

I really didn't see how that was Vokoun's fault.

Everyone expects Vokoun to be superman because he's really...the only player on the team. For the Panthers to win a game, Vokoun has to be spectacular. This team is NOTHING without him.

I can't wait until he leaves, and Scott Clemmensen takes over for him; the announcers and the fanbase will quickly realize just how good Vokoun was in his time here. We should be happy that he hasn't demanded a trade, yet; if I were him, I would've done so a long time ago.

Dude, point it, as you just clearly made, you defend Vokoun as if he can never do wrong. He's amazing, I love the guy, but he does make mistakes at times.

This team's holes are showing up terrifically, and I think it's exactly what Tallon was looking for. He's looking both at how the players do, and how the coach reacts. I think DeBoer's days are numbered, and that we need top level players on the top two lines is showing up well, too.

Old
12-03-2010, 12:51 AM
Erick

Quote:
Dude, point it, as you just clearly made, you defend Vokoun as if he can never do wrong. He's amazing, I love the guy, but he does make mistakes at times.
My point is he seems to be the only one who's always held accountable for his mistakes.

When Vokoun sucks, everyone is quick to say so/DeBoer is quick to start Clemmensen, etc.

The others have no accountability (probably because the organization still lacks depth, which is the result for the AHL team being horrible, etc.)

If they trade Vokoun (which is likely), I really hope Tallon cleans house. When I say clean house, I'm even talking about the likes of Weiss (which will never happen).

This team is not close to a playoff berth with Vokoun; without Vokoun, they are many, many, many years away.

Old
12-03-2010, 12:53 AM
Erick

Quote:

This team's holes are showing up terrifically, and I think it's exactly what Tallon was looking for. He's looking both at how the players do, and how the coach reacts. I think DeBoer's days are numbered, and that we need top level players on the top two lines is showing up well, too.
Also, while I agree with you about DeBoer's days being numbered, I don't think this is his fault. I blame him for last year, but this year hasn't been for lack of effort on most nights. This team is just not talented enough.

Old
12-03-2010, 02:26 AM
Gudbranson44

Quote:
Also, while I agree with you about DeBoer's days being numbered, I don't think this is his fault. I blame him for last year, but this year hasn't been for lack of effort on most nights. This team is just not talented enough.
I see this season as a try-out season with Dale Tallon. He is constantly watching his players, his staff and surroundings this year to see where the problem is.
I am 100% sure PDB wont be with us after this season, Tallon will bring in someone more experienced with winning in the pro's.
I am also quite confident that this team wont be anywhere near 8th spot in february, because we just get so crippled after a few injuries we cant even score on home ice.
Tallon will be dealing players for picks, and when the draft comes there's no doubt in my mind he will address our lame offense, hopefully with the 1st overall pick we can land Couturier with both size and skill. I hope Scotty Luce and his staff is working extra hard on forwards this year.

Old
12-03-2010, 04:49 AM
Georgia Panther

Compared to what Yzerman (Tampa) and Dudley (Atlanta) have done this season, I am underwhelmed by Tallon's performance so far.

Old
12-03-2010, 05:05 AM
Boooooth10

Glad I turned the game off after the first. Sounds like another terrible effort all around.

Old
12-03-2010, 05:07 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

So what now, are we back on the tank?

Old
12-03-2010, 07:13 AM
Southern Hockey

I don't understand why you guys are still trying to analyze why we lose.

We're just a bad team with bad players, plain and simple.

Old
12-03-2010, 08:10 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
So what now, are we back on the tank?
Were we ever off of it?

Old
12-03-2010, 08:38 AM
panthersfan751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
Compared to what Yzerman (Tampa) and Dudley (Atlanta) have done this season, I am underwhelmed by Tallon's performance so far.
Yzerman came to a team that already had Stamkos and Hedman. And then he had Gagne fall right into his lap by wanting to go there.If there's a complaint to be made about Tallon, it's that he didn't go after some of the Chicago players (e.g. Ladd).

We're just not talented enough. The day that Dale Tallon and Cliff Viner realize that our 1st line of Booth-Weiss-Frolik simply isn't good enough to win consistently in the NHL is the day that we might see some real improvement. Hopefully the last few weeks with the Thanksgiving week homestand and our 1st line underperforming this season has opened Tallon's eyes to the fact that changes need to be made to get some more talent on this roster.

Old
12-03-2010, 08:50 AM
Gaebriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post
Yzerman came to a team that already had Stamkos and Hedman. And then he had Gagne fall right into his lap by wanting to go there.If there's a complaint to be made about Tallon, it's that he didn't go after some of the Chicago players (e.g. Ladd).

We're just not talented enough. The day that Dale Tallon and Cliff Viner realize that our 1st line of Booth-Weiss-Frolik simply isn't good enough to win consistently in the NHL is the day that we might see some real improvement. Hopefully the last few weeks with the Thanksgiving week homestand and our 1st line underperforming this season has opened Tallon's eyes to the fact that changes need to be made to get some more talent on this roster.
I was looking at the stats today. It's pretty sad. As of today there are 143 players with more points than our leading scorers (Booth 13, Frolik 13). That's an average of 4.9 per team if you divide them amongst the other 29 teams. That 143 players includes 5 rookies (Skinner 19, Eberle 18, Couture 15, Stepan 15, Hall 14).

There are 100 players with 7 goals or more, only 1 of which plays for Florida (Santorelli). That 100 includes 3 rookies (Couture 10, Hall 8, Skinner 7).

Our top line is a joke. 4.9 players per team basically means that every team's top line and most of their second line could be out producing our absolute best player.

Old
12-03-2010, 09:49 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
Of course you are lol

Closed Thread