HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is AA on his way out?

Old
12-02-2010, 10:28 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

vCash: 500
The thing is....he's not playing terrible at all. Actually, he's very noticeable every time he hits the ice. I don't think it's fair that he got demoted. He finally found his niche. I don't know if anyone noticed, but when the BAR line stopped producing, they were still playing very well and I'd go out on a limb and say Anisimov played the best.

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 10:51 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Brolov View Post
The thing is....he's not playing terrible at all. Actually, he's very noticeable every time he hits the ice. I don't think it's fair that he got demoted. He finally found his niche. I don't know if anyone noticed, but when the BAR line stopped producing, they were still playing very well and I'd go out on a limb and say Anisimov played the best.
That's the only thing that bugs me about Anisimov being on the 4th line right now. He's not playing poorly. Certainly not poorly enough to merit less than 10 minutes a night.

When Gaborik came back, Anisimov lost his place on the 1st power play unit. That's when the production of the Dubi-Anisimov-Cally line really slowed.

But when Torts finds something he thinks works, he tends to stick with it (sometimes to a fault). So Christensen stays with Gaborik and Boyle stays with Prust and Fedotenko. That leaves Stepan and Anisimov fighting between 2nd and 4th line.

Difference is, when Stepan was on the 4th line, Torts went out of his way to make sure he was getting him ice time, whether on the PK or with another line. I don't see him making that effort with Anisimov.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 11:02 PM
MaximusT

I was wondering why he was on the 4th line, especially since I don't remember him playing "poorly" in the games that led to his demotion.
Hopefully he'll find his way back up the line up because he's certainly a talented player with tons of upside.

MaximusT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 11:03 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Boyle is good, but not top 6 good (yet ).

He should take some more of those skating lessons. He'll skate like Bure next season.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 11:19 PM
TheHotRock

torts is just rolling with the flow and artie is the odd guy out AT THE MOMENT. 3 weeks from now and he's gonna have that asterisk next to his 16:43 after the second period.

our coach is insane, i'll deal with it since the team has developed an idenitity.

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 11:23 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
He should take some more of those skating lessons. He'll skate like Bure next season.
but then what happens when he takes more lessons after those? Will he be the pinnacle of skating perfection?

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 11:25 PM
mucker*

AA is safe....but he always was more or less a top 9 not top 6.

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Ideally, his wingers would be Fedotenko and Boyle. That is a line that Torts could use against the other teams top line every night.

Avery-Christensen-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Stepan-Callahan
Boyle-Drury-Fedotenko
Frolov-Anisimov-Boogaard

Put Prospal in for Christensen when he returns.
Love this.... but no PRUST??

Avery Prospal Gaborik
Dubinsky Stepan Callahan
Boyle Drury Fedotenko
Frolov Anisimov Prust
Boogaard

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 11:33 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
That's the only thing that bugs me about Anisimov being on the 4th line right now. He's not playing poorly. Certainly not poorly enough to merit less than 10 minutes a night.
I agree 100%...he is making things happen all over the ice but it is tough to produce when you're getting under 10 minutes with Boogie.

12-02-2010, 11:36 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeman View Post
AA is safe....but he always was more or less a top 9 not top 6.
Always, as in....his rookie season?

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Anisimov is not going anywhere, Torts just does random **** from time to time to piss me off like demoting Stepan to the 4th line earlier this season lol. He'll be back up on the 2nd by mid December. I think Torts is really just feeling out the roster still has an abundance of players that can fill multiple roles. Christensen will disappear before long.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 12:22 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

I'm going to get on this Boyle to wing bandwagon.

I like line combo juggling.

Avery - Christensen - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Stepan - Callahan
Frolov - Anisimov - Boyle
Prust - White - Fedotenko

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 12:33 AM
asparkoflife

You may see AA on that PACK line again soon. That line was not good in their own end tonight.

asparkoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 12:40 AM
nyr2417

ideal 2011-2012 roster....

Avery-Richards-Gaborik
Dubi-Ani-Cally
kreider/cheap stop gap-stepan-boyle
prust-konopka(good on pk and great on faceoffs)-boogaard

buyout drury
trade rosi to team in need of financial help

Staal-Girardi
MDZ-Sauer
McDonaugh-Erskine (stop gap)

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Sean Avery ($1.937m) / Brad Richards ($7.500m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($3.850m) / Artem Anisimov ($1.700m) / Ryan Callahan ($3.400m)
Chris Kreider ($0.850m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m) / Brian Boyle ($1.725m)
Derek Boogaard ($1.625m) / Zenon Konopka ($0.750m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)

DEFENSEMEN
Daniel Girardi ($3.325m) / Marc Staal ($3.975m)
Michael Del Zotto ($1.087m) / Mike Sauer ($1.000m)
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Jon Erskine ($1.500m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) /Martin Biron ($0.875m)

Buy out Drury: 2011-2012 cap hit 3.777 mill
2012-2013 cap hit: 1.6666 mill

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $61,500,000; CAP PAYROLL: $52,450,000; BONUSES: $637,500
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $5,887,500

I LIKKKKKEEEE

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 12:44 AM
asparkoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan4390 View Post
ideal 2011-2012 roster....

Avery-Richards-Gaborik
Dubi-Ani-Cally
kreider/cheap stop gap-stepan-boyle
prust-konopka(good on pk and great on faceoffs)-boogaard

buyout drury
trade rosi to team in need of financial help

Staal-Girardi
MDZ-Sauer
McDonaugh-Erskine (stop gap)

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Sean Avery ($1.937m) / Brad Richards ($7.500m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($3.850m) / Artem Anisimov ($1.700m) / Ryan Callahan ($3.400m)
Chris Kreider ($0.850m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m) / Brian Boyle ($1.725m)
Derek Boogaard ($1.625m) / Zenon Konopka ($0.750m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)

DEFENSEMEN
Daniel Girardi ($3.325m) / Marc Staal ($3.975m)
Michael Del Zotto ($1.087m) / Mike Sauer ($1.000m)
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Jon Erskine ($1.500m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) /Martin Biron ($0.875m)

Buy out Drury: 2011-2012 cap hit 3.777 mill
2012-2013 cap hit: 1.6666 mill

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $61,500,000; CAP PAYROLL: $52,450,000; BONUSES: $637,500
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $5,887,500

I LIKKKKKEEEE
Defense is weak.

asparkoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 01:34 AM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Always, as in....his rookie season?
The Shelley-Anisimov-Prust line wasn't a 4th line for long though and was practically the 2nd line at the end of the season.

Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 06:17 AM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
So much Christensen hate, dude scored a beauty of a goal and is the best passer on the team, has a great wrister, and has chemistry with Gaborik. Why are we dying to put a player who hasn't even skated this year on the top line when he comes back? Prospal just had major surgery and I'd rather keep his minutes down so he doesn't get worn down as he isn't a spring chicken anymore and it would be great to have him still be pretty fresh for the playoffs.
I think the reason for the hate with EC is that he is not a shiny young player that is home grown. This can be expected...

However, you are right. Christensen does have really good passing ability and he has a great wrister. He has skill!! EC was a shiny prospect in Pittsburgh a few years ago. It is obvious he has the best chemistry with Gaborik and perhaps with Avery if they let them play on the same line for a bit.

EC is 26/27 years old.. He is young enough. Let's see what he can do with consistent first line minutes with Gaborik.

Back to the topic with AA.. It seems the Pack line was a great fit for AA and I am sure Torts will go back to this line shortly. He is probably giving some tough love right now to AA.

Stepan should be on the line with Feds and possibly Boyle or Frolov or maybe even Drury when he gets back. It is a perfect situation for a young player to learn the NHL. Stepan is also getting TONS of first line power play minutes with Gaborik and crew so this also will help his confidence.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 07:03 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
I think the reason for the hate with EC is that he is not a shiny young player that is home grown. This can be expected...

However, you are right. Christensen does have really good passing ability and he has a great wrister. He has skill!! EC was a shiny prospect in Pittsburgh a few years ago. It is obvious he has the best chemistry with Gaborik and perhaps with Avery if they let them play on the same line for a bit.

EC is 26/27 years old.. He is young enough. Let's see what he can do with consistent first line minutes with Gaborik.

Back to the topic with AA.. It seems the Pack line was a great fit for AA and I am sure Torts will go back to this line shortly. He is probably giving some tough love right now to AA.

Stepan should be on the line with Feds and possibly Boyle or Frolov or maybe even Drury when he gets back. It is a perfect situation for a young player to learn the NHL. Stepan is also getting TONS of first line power play minutes with Gaborik and crew so this also will help his confidence.
The reason for the EC hate is because he's a 27 year old, 6 year NHL veteran, that has never managed more than 33 points in a season, and has been bounced from 3 teams already.
Christensen hurts a team more than he helps it, that why guys like him are available via waivers. Our GM is about the only GM in the league that doesn't recognize this. His financial mismanagement has forced this team into the situation where a player like EC has to be our first line center.

Ever notice how the only person EC has any chemistry with is Gaborik???? And how much chemistry is it really??? Which of the two are exactly lighting it up when they play together??
Fact is, EC gets about the same result anyone will get with Gaborik, some assists on Gabby's finishes and some wide open shot attempts that are not buried often enough.

And thats not the reason why I claim he's hurting the team. He's hurting the team because he can only play with Gaborik, he's been utterly invisible anywhere else. Its like the coaches son playing first line center on my youth teams. It's been gifted to him as an ass backwards reward for not being able to do anything else. Now I'm forced to watch one of our best prospects in AA get bounced around from line 2 -4, never getting a real shot up at number 1, I have to watch our young phenom only get fleeting looks with the star winger everybody expects him to be centering down the road, and a guy like Brian Boyle who has busted his butt gets whatever line is left.

With EC we are handicapped by inflexibility. We would be a much better team if Stepan was our #1, AA our #2 and Boyle our #3. Our 4 could be filled with a low cost grinder not named EC or White.
Instead we juggle lines everygame in the hope that at 27 EC finally harnesses his "skill" and produces effectively and consistently for the first time in his career.

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 08:08 AM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
The reason for the EC hate is because he's a 27 year old, 6 year NHL veteran, that has never managed more than 33 points in a season, and has been bounced from 3 teams already.
Christensen hurts a team more than he helps it, that why guys like him are available via waivers. Our GM is about the only GM in the league that doesn't recognize this. His financial mismanagement has forced this team into the situation where a player like EC has to be our first line center.

Ever notice how the only person EC has any chemistry with is Gaborik???? And how much chemistry is it really??? Which of the two are exactly lighting it up when they play together??
Fact is, EC gets about the same result anyone will get with Gaborik, some assists on Gabby's finishes and some wide open shot attempts that are not buried often enough.

And thats not the reason why I claim he's hurting the team. He's hurting the team because he can only play with Gaborik, he's been utterly invisible anywhere else. Its like the coaches son playing first line center on my youth teams. It's been gifted to him as an ass backwards reward for not being able to do anything else. Now I'm forced to watch one of our best prospects in AA get bounced around from line 2 -4, never getting a real shot up at number 1, I have to watch our young phenom only get fleeting looks with the star winger everybody expects him to be centering down the road, and a guy like Brian Boyle who has busted his butt gets whatever line is left.

With EC we are handicapped by inflexibility. We would be a much better team if Stepan was our #1, AA our #2 and Boyle our #3. Our 4 could be filled with a low cost grinder not named EC or White.
Instead we juggle lines everygame in the hope that at 27 EC finally harnesses his "skill" and produces effectively and consistently for the first time in his career.
I hear you and you bring up some good points. However, I do think that there will be no difference in point production with EC, Stepan or whomever who plays first line center with Gaborik.. So, Torts might as well play EC on the first line and play Stepan on the line with Feds, Frolov, Drury,Boyle, or whomever. It seems Stepan can produce on any of the top (3) lines. This would give this team (3) good scoring lines and some really, really good depth.

Also, it is not like Stepan will be mis-used as he is getting TONS of first line power play minutes.

EC seems to do well with Gaborik and this will only help this Ranger team with depth and scoring throughout the lineup. EC has the skill and I may get ripped for this statement but he has as much skill or even more skill than Stepan. However, Stepan has the hockey IQ/sense and "it" factor that will take him far in the NHL with A LOT of success.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 08:08 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post

I don't usually take the time to do this...but very well written.

HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 08:48 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
The Stepan - Dubi - Cally line was on the ice for 4 goals tonight.

Nothing against Step, but they miss Anisimov's defensive presence. He isnt going nowhere, though i am disappointed hes playing 4th line right now. I think they have to kick his minutes up a bit.
Completely agree.

Stepan is a real heady player, but as has been discussed, hes just overmatched physically at this point and is really shows on the defensive end. He should be playing the 3rd/4th line at even strength with a good amount of powerplay time at this point until he gets stronger.

I think part of the early season success of the Dubi-AA-Cally line was Anisimov's defensive awareness, which allowed Dubinsky and Callahan to crash on the forecheck that much more.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 09:06 AM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

I realize this is just a small part of the game but it is important none the less.

I'm in a 20 team fantasy league and have Dubi,Cally, and AA on the team.

For a few games before The Pack Line was broken up Dubi was taking a large majority of the faceoffs. AA wasnt just not producing but he wasnt winning or taking faceoffs either. You cant be a 2nd line NHL center and not win/take faceoffs. He was litterally playing himself into a 4th line role giving me NO production in any column, not even SOG at minimum. G,A,SOG,FW,Hits, were at a season low. I had to drop him for Sam Gagner eventually.

Fantasy may be fantasy but the stats dont lie. Your 2nd line LW should not be taking faceoffs for your 2nd line Centerman.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 09:20 AM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post

Agreed on EC still deserving a chance this year, but this is his 6th season; it's time to translate that skill into some production, he remains a <.5 point per game player throughout his career.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 09:40 AM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan444 View Post
I agree 100%...he is making things happen all over the ice but it is tough to produce when you're getting under 10 minutes with Boogie.
gaborik was double shifted in boogies place multiple times last night. for at least a few shifts the 4th line was frolov anisimov gaborik.

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 10:07 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Anisimov just has to start playing a simple game and keep going. When he is on the ice he needs to make the most of his opportunities and just keep working. He will be back up on a top line soon enough and unless there is an absolutely unbelievable trade offer, he isn't going anywhere.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote