HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Ottawa Senators - What a Joke

Old
12-02-2010, 11:22 PM
topcheese1984*

vCash: 500
The Ottawa Senators - What a Joke

Wow. So the Sens let a guy who basically disrespected the entire city into their building and do absolutely nothing about it? What the hell is wrong with them? This team is pathetic. Absolutely no heart. Their performance tonight embodies exactly why they never won the Cup. This team has absolutely no grit. No wonder teams dont mind playing here. A guy did one of the most unprofessional and disrespectful things you can do to a team as a professional athlete and gets to just walk in there without having to answer for it? Wow, this is such a soft organization top to bottom.
And they wonder why nobody wants to come out and support them anymore.

I'm a Sens fan, and always defended them when people were knocking them for not being tough enough, but for heaven's sakes, tonight was a new low......

topcheese1984* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Sureves

Honestly, I fully agree with your post.

Sureves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 11:37 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Without Niemi, this game was easaly 4-2 or so

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Yelnats Puc
Brust 'em up!

Thanks for sharing.

Yelnats Puc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 11:39 PM
gutsandglory

Hi Guys,

Wow, not sure what to say. Obvious thing is to say is disappointed, but that would be a huge understatement, the way myself and other fans that i’ve talked to recently – to us this was a defining game for the team and the season. actually no, this was THE defining game for the season. Forget the Habs, Leafs and the rest of the league, this was the one game that we were hanging our hat on to either make or break this team where our team could come through for us and embody everything we’ve felt for the past 16 or so months and actually play with emotion, intensity, fire and as a friend of mine used to say “hit to hurt”. But we didnt get that, instead we got another flaming bag of poo lit on our doorstep. After god knows how many years, i have finally had enough.

I almost wish for the times with Turgeon, Kudelski et all. I knew what i was signing up for with that team and took every game both good and bad in stride knowing that the team was progressing and eventually things here would get better with draft picks(well except Daigle) and the team would slowly progress to respectability. But it seems the lackadaisical way of going about things with this version of the Ottawa Senators has become cancerous, to the point where i dont think injecting new blood into the mix will change anything, the current environment would just poison anyone thats inserted into the lineup to become gutless coasters who are there to collect a paycheck.

If someone is hurt – in this case take your pick of Alfredson, Kovalev, Michalek and you cant practise, then i dont see why you would be “good to go” for games. If u cant work on things because half of your top 2 lines are out with various ailments, then let them rest, lick their wounds and come back when they are healthy.

I listen to most of the daytime programming here and when i hear that they cant work on the PP because half of their top PP unit is out, then LEAVE them out. I would rather have a team playing at 100% and lose but putting a good effort and playing to their full abilities than this pile of rubbish we’ve been subjected to.

I’ve been saying that the culture here needs to change, we need someone that will make guys accountable in PUBLIC rather than a quiet lead by example type of player. If obvious that Clouston wont call out guys by name and do what needs to be done (scratch, bench, call out) I remember Cory’s inaugural media conference where he clearly stated that he wasnt a players coach. Wow times have changed, he went from that fiery guy to...whatever it is he is now.

Anyway, been a loyal fan since day 1, and going forward i’m going to start looking for another team to root for that better personifies my beliefs, work ethic.

Gentlemen, if any of u were in charge of the team and had carte blanche to make the changes necessary, what would u do to change things up?

gutsandglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 11:40 PM
Chrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens View Post

Yeah, and without Leclaire this game was easily 8-0

Chrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 11:40 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

A lot of hate tonight, not going there..but Clouston's teams don't play w/ any emotion, so I'm not surprised..

Just throwing it out there

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 11:42 PM
ARS

Quote:
I would disagree with that. Niemi, IMO, only had to make one really tough save, the rest of the shots were pretty routine saves that any NHL goaltender would make.

ARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 11:52 PM
utah

The team cannot sustain 60 minutes of good hockey. Whether they score first or not, they peter out half way thru the second....and the tank is empty in the third.

It's a pattern that is becoming obvious, and predictable.

They have no capability to push back, or come from behind to win. They can't hold a lead either ( when they do manage one ).

I'm not sure what the problem is caused by. Could be coaching. Could be conditioning. Could be that these players are just unable to compete.

But, it is what it is. The problems are now obvious. The solutions aren't readily apparent. I wouldn't make a panic move. But, if I owned the team I'd be looking to clean house at the trade deadline, and then in the off season....and begin the rebuilding process.

It's time to accept that this group, is going nowhere. I'd chop 15 million off the payroll, and just look for some hard working plumbers....who at least give an effort, when they fall into the bottom feeders in the standings.

Nobody would be untouchable, except for Alfie. Not that i wouldn't trade him. But, I'd work with him to see what he wants. It's quite possible that he'd welcome the chance to go to a winner for a Cup run.

It will take several years to add the necessary young talent, but it's worth it.

Watching this crap, is only hurting the team big-time in the eyes of the fans....because expectations are high ( given the salaries these floaters earn ), which creates a huge disappointment when they aren't met.

It's time to re-set fan expectations, and time to re-build.

The window, is shut.....firmly, for now.

utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 11:56 PM
gutsandglory

Quote:
Originally Posted by utah View Post
The team cannot sustain 60 minutes of good hockey. Whether they score first or not, they peter out half way thru the second....and the tank is empty in the third.

It's a pattern that is becoming obvious, and predictable.

They have no capability to push back, or come from behind to win. They can't hold a lead either ( when they do manage one ).

I'm not sure what the problem is caused by. Could be coaching. Could be conditioning. Could be that these players are just unable to compete.

But, it is what it is. The problems are now obvious. The solutions aren't readily apparent. I wouldn't make a panic move. But, if I owned the team I'd be looking to clean house at the trade deadline, and then in the off season....and begin the rebuilding process.

It's time to accept that this group, is going nowhere. I'd chop 15 million off the payroll, and just look for some hard working plumbers....who at least give an effort, when they fall into the bottom feeders in the standings.

Nobody would be untouchable, except for Alfie. Not that i wouldn't trade him. But, I'd work with him to see what he wants. It's quite possible that he'd welcome the chance to go to a winner for a Cup run.

It will take several years to add the necessary young talent, but it's worth it.

Watching this crap, is only hurting the team big-time in the eyes of the fans....because expectations are high ( given the salaries these floaters earn ), which creates a huge disappointment when they aren't met.

It's time to re-set fan expectations, and time to re-build.

The window, is shut.....firmly, for now.
Agree completely

gutsandglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 11:56 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
A lot of hate tonight, not going there..but Clouston's teams don't play w/ any emotion, so I'm not surprised..

Just throwing it out there
They never had much emotion when Jacques Martin was coaching too, but at least they played better in the regular season. Remember Jacques didn't like fighting & wanted his players to avoid it. I don't know what is wrong with these guys this year & it's not just one or two of them any more it seems like it's all of them.

On another note the Cavaliers were pretty terrible tonight too against the hated Lebron James & crap the bed too.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 12:00 AM
Kekumba

Send a message via AIM to Kekumba Send a message via MSN to Kekumba Send a message via Skype™ to Kekumba
Quote:
lol nah.

And I agree. Like, okay, if they were putting a bit of effort in and losing some close games then yeah whatever. Tough go. But jesus, this game, the Dallas game, the Oilers game...just horrible. So boring, so little effort. Just pathetic. Good thing the Leafs exist so I can't feel too bad about the Sens.

Kekumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 12:02 AM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
They never had much emotion when Jacques Martin was coaching too, but at least they played better in the regular season. Remember Jacques didn't like fighting & wanted his players to avoid it. I don't know what is wrong with these guys this year & it's not just one or two of them any more it seems like it's all of them.

On another note the Cavaliers were pretty terrible tonight too against the hated Lebron James & crap the bed too.
True, but you can't put Clouston and Martin on the same page when comparing..

It's just alarming really how Clouston is running the show to get the 'best' out of his player's..

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 12:03 AM
harrisb

Quote:
Originally Posted by utah View Post
Umm, I want to go young myself but we have a local guy who will be staying in the area, Donovan. Guy wore his colours on his sleave (?sp), gave 110% every shift, played last years playoffs on a blown out knee yet is looking for work. Trade the prima donna's for picks, if they want older mentors, bring the guys back like Donovan that can teach the guys work ethic and how to win.

I don't think Donovan is great but I do believe he skates his @ss off every shift. Who do we have on the team right now that we can say that about? End rant

harrisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 12:10 AM
Hale The Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrass View Post
Yeah, and without Leclaire this game was easily 8-0
Leclaire is an awful goalie and he makes every average save look better than it is with his pathetic style and angles. All he does it lose.

Maybe if we had Elliott we could have won tonight, nearly every game we have started Leclaire this season we have lost. He's not a good goalie.

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 12:13 AM
ARS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
Leclaire is an awful goalie and he makes every average save look better than it is with his pathetic style and angles. All he does it lose.

Maybe if we had Elliott we could have won tonight, nearly every game we have started Leclaire this season we have lost. He's not a good goalie.
I prefer Elliott to Leclaire, but we weren't going to win tonight no matter who was in nets. Goaltending is still a problem for this team, but right now it's been replaced by other problems as our biggest problem.

ARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 12:20 AM
harrisb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post

Elliott sucks monkey balls. When will you guys admit that? I have lots of friends who are hockey fans, then lots of friends who actually played hockey. It's funny how the guys who played high level hockey with me have no love for Elliott due to his lack of talent but all the respect in the world for Leclaire. Not to mention if you happen to ask some of the current sens who has the talent????

I've spent a good amount of time with a couple sens and have asked the goaltender (and heatley) question(s). At first they were hesitant, now that they know me, it's hands down Leclaire they want. The heatley story isn't at all the conspiracy we want to hear even though I still hate the guy and they respect / expect that.

But I guess you are smarter than they are due to your vast pro experience....

Old
12-03-2010, 12:22 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

The goaltender is irrelevant when the team is crapping the bed like they have in the past two games, and the vast majority of the last 10.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 12:28 AM
Silex

Guys guys, I know tonight was embarrassing for all of us, but look on the bright side: we face the Sabres on Saturday. That means our turnaround is a mere two days away!

Right..? Right?!

Silex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 12:29 AM
harrisb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
The goaltender is irrelevant when the team is crapping the bed like they have in the past two games, and the vast majority of the last 10.
Thank you, Goaltending is not an issue right now and let's hope it stays that way. Elliott is not and will never be a starter, Leclaire needs a coach that believes in him. We need to sell everyone on this team who DOES NOT fit any of the following categories:
A) Named Spezza, Karlsson or Regin
B) Is in the minors or junior
C) Is in the top 2 in PIM's

Why C you ask? If you're rebuilding you need an identity that makes other teams fear you. I believe Neil and Carks are in the top 2 in PIMS and although I don't believe they are part of the ultimate solution, I do believe they are a MAJOR part of the rebuild. Neil may be a little overpaid but not much. Carks in a deal.

EDIT: Add Kelly to option A, although his contract looked like crap when we signed him, Kelly is a deal at 2m now and can be a leader / mentor

Everyone else can go as far as I'm concerned.

Old
12-03-2010, 12:30 AM
Gus Fring

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
Had to quote this

Gus Fring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 12:30 AM
Slow Hands
The feels

The compete level out of these guys is really embarrassing. I'd really like to see some call ups to send a message. There's too many floaters on the ice right now.

This one really hurt.

Slow Hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 12:31 AM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Team plays with absolutely no emotion and no physicality....

Very soft and complacent team...

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 12:33 AM
heat89

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisb View Post
Umm, I want to go young myself but we have a local guy who will be staying in the area, Donovan. Guy wore his colours on his sleave (?sp), gave 110% every shift, played last years playoffs on a blown out knee yet is looking for work. Trade the prima donna's for picks, if they want older mentors, bring the guys back like Donovan that can teach the guys work ethic and how to win.

I don't think Donovan is great but I do believe he skates his @ss off every shift. Who do we have on the team right now that we can say that about? End rant
Donovan is not the answer lol.

You and I would play our hearts out making a hefty salary and playing for the Senators but if you don't have the skill, you don't have the skill, Donovan won't do anything for us.

I do agree with bringing in character guys though that seem to take losses to the heart, but they do need to balance that with talent.

This team ****ing sucks by the way, that's all I really can say right now.

heat89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 12:36 AM
LeafsandSharksfan
Founder of NGA

Woah, looks like I picked a rough time to join the bandwagon. Whatever, at least you guys have a 1st rounder.

LeafsandSharksfan is offline   Reply With Quote