HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Czech Republic at the 2011 WJC

Old
12-24-2010, 05:03 AM
zorz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
Apparently Musil didn't play in both games cos when he tried to play in training he couldn't. So yeah, out due to injury sadly
Thx for the info. Strange they didn't inform about this earlier during the camp tough. But they probably believed he will be able to play, but it didn't work. Not good, but they just have to deal with it somehow.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 09:08 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Filippi is stuck at the Rochester airport. The Czech team manager bought him a ticket from Rochester (Minnesota) but they are in Rochester (New York).

I guess it must be the same for the other players who are leaving.

Merry Christmas!

SergeConstantin74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 09:43 AM
zorz

IIHF article about the czech team: http://www.iihf.com/de/channels1011/...ash=49d4ebf4ef

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Filippi is stuck at the Rochester airport. The Czech team manager bought him a ticket from Rochester (Minnesota) but they are in Rochester (New York).

I guess it must be the same for the other players who are leaving.

Merry Christmas!

Old
12-24-2010, 10:49 AM
Swipes

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
IIHF article about the czech team: http://www.iihf.com/de/channels1011/...ash=49d4ebf4ef

Prerost didn't take over from Slavomir Lener lol, he took over from Jaromir Sindel. As for Filippi, that sucks a lot.

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2010, 02:41 PM
howitzermoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHiggins27 View Post
I don't know much about the other Czech players, but I do know a lot about Martin Frk, and he definitely has a future in the NHL. When you see him play he looks a lot like Ovechkin out there, just with the style he plays. He has a lethal shot, but he needs to use it more. Being from Halifax, I get to see him play a lot with the Mooseheads, and he's simply amazing to watch. He's currently the favorite to win top rookie in the QMJHL, as he leads the Mooseheads in scoring.
I won't agrue the fact he's fun to watch, has a rediculous shot, and a bright future in the NHL, but he def. doesn't look like Ovechkin on the ice. He's good, but not that good.

He's got elite level hands, shot, passing and hockey sense, but his skating needs to come up a notch or two. At top speed he's ok, but his accerleration and agility need work. I'm quite confident he'll get those things ironed out in time (he is only 17), but just wanted to point out the Ovechkin comparison isn't accurate, and it's unfair to Frk to put him on that level right now.

howitzermoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2010, 02:46 PM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonks View Post
I won't agrue the fact he's fun to watch, has a rediculous shot, and a bright future in the NHL, but he def. doesn't look like Ovechkin on the ice. He's good, but not that good.

He's got elite level hands, shot, passing and hockey sense, but his skating needs to come up a notch or two. At top speed he's ok, but his accerleration and agility need work. I'm quite confident he'll get those things ironed out in time (he is only 17), but just wanted to point out the Ovechkin comparison isn't accurate, and it's unfair to Frk to put him on that level right now.
I hope he will and will be a big gun at 2012 and 2013 WJC

Old
12-25-2010, 10:34 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Why did Czech Republic choose a 18+2 roster while everybody else has a 20+2 roster?

Old
12-26-2010, 01:28 AM
zorz

Quote:
Why did Czech Republic choose a 18+2 roster while everybody else has a 20+2 roster?
lol I have no clue there aren't Jank and Culek on the official roster: http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/236/IHM2360CZE_33_1_0.pdf

Old
12-26-2010, 02:22 AM
funky11

Does anyone have the forward lines? I was wondering because Soudek and Horak play on the same line on the Chilliwack Bruins.

funky11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 06:16 AM
Swipes

vCash: 200
Quote:
lol I have no clue there aren't Jank and Culek on the official roster: http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/236/IHM2360CZE_33_1_0.pdf
Don't they normally do that in the world championship? Like, they don't put everyone on the roster in case someone drops out from the NHL playoffs and can join in late. But that doesn't make sense here, maybe they're hoping for Musil to get better, plus some other forward to join?

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 08:11 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Maybe it's only a mistake by the IIHF and Culek and Jank are really part of the team?

Old
12-26-2010, 08:13 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
Don't they normally do that in the world championship? Like, they don't put everyone on the roster in case someone drops out from the NHL playoffs and can join in late. But that doesn't make sense here, maybe they're hoping for Musil to get better, plus some other forward to join?
They have to give their official roster on Dec 25 and they can't change it or add players after this date.

Old
12-26-2010, 08:32 AM
zorz

Quote:
They have to give their official roster on Dec 25 and they can't change it or add players after this date.
I think they can change it before the first game they play... I heard it's not final version yet.

Old
12-26-2010, 09:37 AM
Muuri

How should Frk be pronounced?

Muuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 10:35 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muuri View Post
How should Frk be pronounced?
I believe it's pronounced Furk or Ferk.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 01:53 PM
newellky

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
I believe it's pronounced Furk or Ferk.
yeah its furk

newellky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 10:56 PM
RedwingsnCudi13

Not impressed with Frk's discipline today .

RedwingsnCudi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 02:24 AM
zorz

They added Jank on the roster, so he's maybe playing next game instead of Senkerik.

Old
12-29-2010, 01:30 PM
RedwingsnCudi13

Quote:
They added Jank on the roster, so he's maybe playing next game instead of Senkerik.
He any good ?

Old
12-29-2010, 01:39 PM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedwingsnCudi13 View Post
He any good ?
I think it wouldn't be much of difference compared to Senkerik. he's probably gonna be top4 D next year.

Old
12-29-2010, 02:03 PM
RedwingsnCudi13

Quote:
I think it wouldn't be much of difference compared to Senkerik. he's probably gonna be top4 D next year.
Alright thanks any word on the starter for the next game against sweden ?

Old
12-29-2010, 02:08 PM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedwingsnCudi13 View Post
Alright thanks any word on the starter for the next game against sweden ?
No, nothing... personally I think they'll put Mazanec in the net and then compare his play with Novotny vs. Canada and decide who will play the last game against Russia, which will be our key game in this group.

Old
12-29-2010, 05:26 PM
Rogalo

Quote:
No, nothing... personally I think they'll put Mazanec in the net and then compare his play with Novotny vs. Canada and decide who will play the last game against Russia, which will be our key game in this group.
Itīs official. Mazanec is gonna start in goal and Frk is gonna play. That is a good thing since the Czech team needs every capable player on the ice.

But personally I believe he deserved a harsher punishment...the game against Canada showed he has issues when it comes to discipline on the ice. A young guy like that should grab the chance to play in a U20 tournament by the balls and sweat blood on the ice. Not make idiotic fouls like the one he got thrown out for in the Canada game

Rogalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 05:41 PM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogalo View Post
Itīs official. Mazanec is gonna start in goal and Frk is gonna play. That is a good thing since the Czech team needs every capable player on the ice.

But personally I believe he deserved a harsher punishment...the game against Canada showed he has issues when it comes to discipline on the ice. A young guy like that should grab the chance to play in a U20 tournament by the balls and sweat blood on the ice. Not make idiotic fouls like the one he got thrown out for in the Canada game
I agree with you, maybe he should get next game suspension or something like that, but I don't blame him that much. At least he showed he doesn't like when we're losing and cares about that. Of course he didn't choose the best way to do it.

Old
12-29-2010, 06:07 PM
Rogalo

Quote:
I agree with you, maybe he should get next game suspension or something like that, but I don't blame him that much. At least he showed he doesn't like when we're losing and cares about that. Of course he didn't choose the best way to do it.
Well...he used his stick as some kind of ball chopper in the Canada game. Thatīs not showing heart IMO I just hope he wont be doing something like that again in the Sweden game...and especially the fate-deciding Russia game. He is certainly a great prospect and we need guys like him on the ice. As the guys on TSN said: "He has everything but a vowel"

Rogalo is offline   Reply With Quote