HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Linus(Lie-Nis) Omark Thread_NHL V1.0

Old
12-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
I don't think anybody on these boards doesn't think Omark should get his chance. It's a question of WHEN he gets a chance. The roster on the Oilers is currently full as far as a proper fit for Omark is concerned. Some Omark fans have to stop beating the war drum just because of the team's situation. If one of Cogs or Brule gets injured or traded, I would assume Omark is the guy to fill the spot. Now if a roster spot becomes available and Omark is not called up, then I would certainly question Tambollini and the organization. Just give it time.
Jones or Jacques would get moved up to 3rd line or Reddox will recalled before we look at Omark.
Only way Omark may get a chance this season is if one of the kids goes on IR AND he outperforms Reddox by a fair margin.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenzOil View Post
Jones or Jacques would get moved up to 3rd line or Reddox will recalled before we look at Omark.
Only way Omark may get a chance this season is if one of the kids goes on IR AND he outperforms Reddox by a fair margin.
How do you know?

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 03:35 PM
okchockey

Send a message via Yahoo to okchockey
My knock on Omark is his defensive skills. Guy doesn't backcheck at all. Sits on the blue line cherry picking looking for a breakaway every shift. Maybe it's just me - I don't know.

okchockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okchockey View Post
My knock on Omark is his defensive skills. Guy doesn't backcheck at all. Sits on the blue line cherry picking looking for a breakaway every shift. Maybe it's just me - I don't know.
Thanks for the insight. Heard this from a few other posters too. The backcheck is one of the things keeping MPS up on the team IMO. It's gotta be learned to be at the NHL level.

Old
12-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Compared to Eberle who scored >PPG in a worse farm team, that tells you all you need to know how Omark is adapting to the North American game.
"all you need to know"?

Well, Eberle played his 20 AHL games over two seasons.
And my understanding is that he joined the Falcons' first line right off the bat both years, and did so in the last few weeks of the regular season when most playoff spots would've already been decided.

This is not a knock on Jordan, who obviously performed well, but judging Omark's performance solely by comparing his stats to Eberle's is hardly fair.
You should watch a Barons game or two instead, if you haven't done so already.

(For those who don't know, I have a YouTube playlist here, with all of Omark's points so far this season. Not just the goals and assists, but complete shifts as well.
It's about two hours of video, or rather one hour times two, since the clips come with both home and away audio.)

Son of Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
How do you know?
Because this was done when Horc and recently Hemsky got injured. We are not going to call up a player and sit Jacques or Stortini (along with Smack and Struds). Jacques is our weakest forward but was pretty good down in the minors.
Also, Reddox is putting up comparable numbers to Omark while being grittier and quicker. If its emergency callup then Reddox wont even have to clear waivers.

Old
12-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:
Because this was done when Horc and recently Hemsky got injured. We are not going to call up a player and sit Jacques or Stortini (along with Smack and Struds). Jacques is our weakest forward but was pretty good down in the minors.
Also, Reddox is putting up comparable numbers to Omark while being grittier and quicker. If its emergency callup then Reddox wont even have to clear waivers.
OK...I gotcha. How about this, if Cogs or Brule are injured for a bit, Reddox is in. But if Cogs or Brule is actually traded, Is it Reddox or Omark that fills the spot? I think it would be Omark.

Old
12-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
OK...I gotcha. How about this, if Cogs or Brule are injured for a bit, Reddox is in. But if Cogs or Brule is actually traded, Is it Reddox or Omark that fills the spot? I think it would be Omark.
It wouldnt be smart to put Reddox through recall waivers so I would say Omark gets the call unless they decide to bring up a Dman and play Jones on the 3rd line.

Old
12-03-2010, 04:37 PM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

vCash: 590
Quote:
It wouldnt be smart to put Reddox through recall waivers so I would say Omark gets the call unless they decide to bring up a Dman and play Jones on the 3rd line.
If it's a call up due to injury, would Reddox still have to clear re-entry waivers?

NAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:
You've got an answer for everything, don't you smartass! It's tough to be a fan nowaday's because of all these re entry waiver call up thinga ma doo hickey's

Old
12-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Krigaren*

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincenzosOil View Post
This is plain whining, sour grapes stuff and rationalization on your part.

No, they did not hand out roster spots left and right. The spots were assigned to the incumbents, for them to lose. There might have been a couple of players at camp, including your beloved Omark, that deserved better but the current roster spot holders that Omark was vying for did not lose them. And how do we know exactly that the Oilers have lost interest in Omark, neglected him as you put it, with no intention of calling him up?

Judging by the above bolded the Oilers have mastered the art of mismanaging and underdeveloping our small forward prospects. I ask you, is this a convenient, unsubstantiated allegation to justify your tantrums about your favorite Swedish player not getting what you think he deserves or do you actually have proof of Oilers mishandling their smaller forwards (and really, does that mean they've handled the rest of our "larger" prospects well?)?

I can understand your unbridled enthusiasm for Omark but you really should heed the advice of your fellow countryman and show some patience:
Whining? Ok lets put it this way then, tell me one small forward that has succeded in the oilers system. Infact tell me a few players in modern time that has succeded greatly within the oilers development system?

I can think of a few right away that didnt make it in their system.
Are you going to tell me that Edmonton is avarage at best at development (even a homer cant say that edmonton is great at development)?
How good was the falcons again?

And yet again, NOONE can say that Omark (and a few others along with him) got a chance at the camp, noone can say that the "holders" werent given a free pass.
Noone can say that, if you do. You probably did not see or read anything about the camp whatsoever.

And yes Omark have said he havent been talking to anyone in the edmonton organisation either about his development or possible callup after he left for oklahoma. And Tambi (i think) went on radio during one of the oklahoma games and did indeed say that they had no intentions of calling players up from the barons unless they litterally had to because to them it was most important that Barons was a winning team.
You can think that i am whining all you want when i only defend a guy that was getting attacked for no reason.
There is various reasons why Omark and Edmonton isnt the best match in the world.
And for Omark fans to wish him succed in the nhl (any team) isnt a crime just because you are fans of Edmonton.

Last edited by Krigaren*: 12-03-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Krigaren* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 07:53 PM
dude67

I really hope he gets traded soon they canīt handle this typ of skill he should probably be pretty alone up in big team no one to play with.

In Oiler all that matters is size and pound and will probably take couple of year before they figure out that speed alone will not cut it in hockey.

Look at Detriot and learn 6 swedes all of them hold good or great skill level.

dude67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 07:56 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude67 View Post
I really hope he gets traded soon they canīt handle this typ of skill he should probably be pretty alone up in big team no one to play with.

In Oiler all that matters is size and pound and will probably take couple of year before they figure out that speed alone will not cut it in hockey.

LOL

They should trade Hall and Eberle even Hemsky b/c the Oilers cant handle the skill level!

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 08:12 PM
dude67

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
LOL

They should trade Hall and Eberle even Hemsky b/c the Oilers cant handle the skill level!
Do really think Hall have same toolbox that Omark has sorry pal no way Hall can sure shoot puck skate and everything but that it.

Eberle is more like Omark he has more tools in his toolbox.

Old
12-03-2010, 08:15 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:
Do really think Hall have same toolbox that Omark has sorry pal no way Hall can sure shoot puck skate and everything but that it.

Eberle is more like Omark he has more tools in his toolbox.
Then they should trade Eberle then b/c they cant handle his skill level.

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 08:21 PM
dude67

I think Eberle and Omark in same line should take this team to a another level the PP should be awesome.

Old
12-03-2010, 08:44 PM
KarmaPolice
No Hope...

vCash: 202
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:

Toronto would be smart to make a move for Omark. He'd be one of their best top 6 forwards along with Kessel, easily, and they might actually start scoring some goals if they can find some chemistry with a centre. It would give them two weapons, so teams can't just zero in on Kessel and leave Omark alone--or do so at their own peril. Makes sense to me.

Omark for Gunnarsson and Reimer would be alright. I would still think it to be a massive mistake, but I don't think for a second he'll ever get a fair shake in this org. anymore. I'm not that naive. The 'Golden Boys' have had their spots handed to them on a platter, and are now glued to the roster. He doesn't, and likely never did, stand a chance. Too bad...maybe they should have brought him over last year; this year was very poor timing.

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:

So Omark's skill level is too high for the Oilers to handle? That is why he's in the AHL? Man, it's these types of posts that make some Oiler fans bitter towards a player without giving him a chance to prove himself. Keep building up your omnipotent diety of hockey so the pious Oiler fans can bask in his holy light when the demigod brings forth his unparalleled powers to unearth the true meaning of hockey. I think I'll start building a statue in his honour tonight. I'll post a picture of it when my task is complete so you can give it your approval.

Last edited by Dorian2: 12-03-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old
12-03-2010, 08:46 PM
KarmaPolice
No Hope...

Quote:
I think Eberle and Omark in same line should take this team to a another level the PP should be awesome.
I'd like to see the two Swedes together. Perhaps a third line of:

Paajarvi - Cogliano/Brule - Omark

Alas, pipedreams.

Old
12-03-2010, 08:51 PM
KarmaPolice
No Hope...

Quote:
So Omark's skill level is too high for the Oilers to handle? That is why he's in the AHL? Man, it's these types of posts that make some Oiler fans bitter towards a player without giving him a chance to prove himself. Keep building up your omnipotent diety of hockey so the pious Oiler fans can bask in his holy light when the demigod brings forth his unparalleled powers to unearth the true meaning of hockey. I think I'll start building a staue in his honour tonight. I'll post a picture of it when my task is complete so you give it your approval.
The remark that his 'skill level is too high for the Oilers to handle' is pretty rediculous, but he has produced at every level, in every league he's played so far in the last 4 years. What more does he have to do, exactly?

Old
12-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Silver

Quote:
I think I'll start building a staue in his honour tonight. I'll post a picture of it when my task is complete so you give it your approval.
It's going to be a shot of a full toilet bowl, isn't it?

I'm at the point where I hope the guy never plays a game in the NHL. I hate him more than Pronger, and I've seen him play in a couple of preseason games.

edit: I should clarify this...I hate the Grateful Dead as well. It's got nothing to do with their music, but their fans are so ****ing annoying, I can't feel good things about the band.

Last edited by Silver: 12-03-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
The remark that his 'skill level is too high for the Oilers to handle' is pretty rediculous, but he has produced at every level, in every league he's played so far in the last 4 years. What more does he have to do, exactly?
I'm not sure if he has to do anything more. But the Oilers need to make room for him, that's all. I've seen a few issues posted regarding his defensive capabilities. That's a big part of moving up to the NHL as well. I'm not against him coming up at all, the situation just doesn't allow for it at this time.

Last edited by Dorian2: 12-03-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old
12-03-2010, 09:30 PM
punchforpeace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
Whining? Ok lets put it this way then, tell me one small forward that has succeded in the oilers system. Infact tell me a few players in modern time that has succeded greatly within the oilers development system?

I can think of a few right away that didnt make it in their system.
Are you going to tell me that Edmonton is avarage at best at development (even a homer cant say that edmonton is great at development)?
How good was the falcons again?

And yet again, NOONE can say that Omark (and a few others along with him) got a chance at the camp, noone can say that the "holders" werent given a free pass.
Noone can say that, if you do. You probably did not see or read anything about the camp whatsoever.

And yes Omark have said he havent been talking to anyone in the edmonton organisation either about his development or possible callup after he left for oklahoma. And Tambi (i think) went on radio during one of the oklahoma games and did indeed say that they had no intentions of calling players up from the barons unless they litterally had to because to them it was most important that Barons was a winning team.
You can think that i am whining all you want when i only defend a guy that was getting attacked for no reason.
There is various reasons why Omark and Edmonton isnt the best match in the world.
And for Omark fans to wish him succed in the nhl (any team) isnt a crime just because you are fans of Edmonton.
You arguing with the logic of a clueless mind. Oilers have plenty of skilled small players in the line up. Six forwards are 180-190 lbs. One of the reasons why Omark is in AHL. Did he got a fair chance on the camp? Maybe not. But life isn't fair and he has to deal with it. Your conspiracy theories wont help him.

What bugs me is that you and other so called supporters are whining on a players behalf. For some reason you think your'e doing Omark a favour, or "defending him". I doubt he made you his spokesman. You must realize that your only effort here is that you put other swedes in a bad light, your big idol included. Oilers fans start to hate him just because people like you keep on whining. And for the record. I am from Sweden too and would love to see Omark in NHL. In Oilers or another team. But even if I am not a fan of Oilers, I have some respect for their organization, culture and fans instead of crying like a spoiled brat in a candy store.

Last edited by punchforpeace: 12-03-2010 at 10:15 PM.
punchforpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 12:36 AM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchforpeace View Post
You arguing with the logic of a clueless mind. Oilers have plenty of skilled small players in the line up. Six forwards are 180-190 lbs. One of the reasons why Omark is in AHL. Did he got a fair chance on the camp? Maybe not. But life isn't fair and he has to deal with it. Your conspiracy theories wont help him.

What bugs me is that you and other so called supporters are whining on a players behalf. For some reason you think your'e doing Omark a favour, or "defending him". I doubt he made you his spokesman. You must realize that your only effort here is that you put other swedes in a bad light, your big idol included. Oilers fans start to hate him just because people like you keep on whining. And for the record. I am from Sweden too and would love to see Omark in NHL. In Oilers or another team. But even if I am not a fan of Oilers, I have some respect for their organization, culture and fans instead of crying like a spoiled brat in a candy store.
meh.. its ok.. These fans bring a different dimension to the table and keep this board 'interesting'. Omark situation is comparable to our football leagues here in North America with Swedes being the CFL and NHL being NFL. Its like our stars of CFL trying their luck in NFL but coming back after not seeing any games on the big NFL clubs. We hope guys like Flutie and Ray become starting QBs but then get mad when they dont get a single minute of playing time.

edit: The comparison would be better if NFL teams had minor league affiliates where these guys were sent and where they were paid even less $$ than CFL.

Old
12-04-2010, 12:43 AM
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
I'll tell you what ruined Rob Schremp for me. Rob Schremp fans. Omark isn't there...yet.
I agree with you and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

stratedge is offline   Reply With Quote