HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Linus(Lie-Nis) Omark Thread_NHL V1.0

Old
12-05-2010, 05:39 AM
TaylorHall
First overall

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
Omarks goal tonight

Holy ****. That's a sick goal.

TaylorHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 05:40 AM
the word*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude67 View Post
He need to get out of this clown org.how give a player like Cogliano 20 + games to make a fool of himself that is just a freaking joke.

They played this poor guy so much that he has no trade value left.

No Omark need to get out of this soon as possible
I'm willing to start listening to offers. The organization can do without the sideshow at this point. The locker room has been the tightest it has been in a decade and the Swedish fan club is making me nauseous.

the word* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 05:41 AM
Lainlight
Hands down AINEC

(Most) Oiler fans seems scared that they may have a GOOD player down in the AHL. I really dont get it. Any other team struggling to score or are dead last in the standings (i know their on a hotstreak right now) WOULD try out a player as good as Omark. Heck, even Tampa who are supperior to EDM in every way have given Harju 2 call ups already.

Lainlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 06:33 AM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lainlight View Post
(Most) Oiler fans seems scared that they may have a GOOD player down in the AHL. I really dont get it. Any other team struggling to score or are dead last in the standings (i know their on a hotstreak right now) WOULD try out a player as good as Omark. Heck, even Tampa who are supperior to EDM in every way have given Harju 2 call ups already.
Tampa aren't superior to Edmonton just because they have 2 lines.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 06:37 AM
bottomofthefoodchain

Quote:
Originally Posted by the word View Post
I was the biggest Omark supporter on this board for years, but after all this interview stuff with the Swedish tabloids, it makes him a very difficult call up. He needs to learn to shut his trap and turn down the interviews. Hes killing himself. Someone needs to point this out to him. His Swedish friends aren't his friends at all.

Who exactly deserves to be scratched? Cogliano is playing some amazing hockey.
Omark has never once said he's not getting a fair shot, or blamed the Oilers management for not being in the NHL right now.
I think you need to get some correct information or you will make yourself look stupid.

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 07:36 AM
Soundwave

Omark's going to get probably 20-30 games up here, people need to chill a bit.

We've been abnormally healthy upfront this year, the current Hemsky injury is really the first core forward we've had go down for what looks like more than a day-to-day type thing.

Best thing Linus can do is keep putting up great numbers in the AHL, his chance gets closer every day that goes by.

Soundwave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 07:48 AM
TowMater14

Quote:
I'm willing to start listening to offers. The organization can do without the sideshow at this point. The locker room has been the tightest it has been in a decade and the Swedish fan club is making me nauseous.
Lol....have I missed something? The word is our new GM?

TowMater14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 07:48 AM
Dosing

Quote:
It's funny how i keep hearing "the Swedish fan club" when theres both canadian and american flags here supporting him Subjective much?

Dosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 07:58 AM
dude67

Quote:
Yeah u get a drunk monkey in return

dude67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 08:34 AM
SChan*

Now when Hemsky seems to miss some time, Oilers should call up Omark or Reddox. I vote for Omark for the sole reason that he should get his NHL debut, and that will probably make him play a bit for relaxed knowing that he finally got to play a game in the NHL.

SChan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 09:06 AM
kooch32

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
I dont think you've been watching games lately. Im not the biggest cogliano fan but he has definitely been a lot better lately. He and Brule probably forechecks the hardest out of the entire team, and they created a lot of chances today. Brule got robbed and Penner got robbed today so it hasnt shown up on the stat sheet.

But IMO, Omark is perfect to replace Hemsky on the PP half boards. That, or MPS will get more PP time.
much agreed!! The Cogliano, Brule and Penner line has been great to watch. They are causing a lot of problems for the opposition with their speed (not Penner) and forecheck. Some guys just look at the stats sheet and say that they are playing terrible and that they should be on the 4th line and to call up Omark..yadda yadda yadda......Penner looks like he playing a lot harder latley and Cogliano has really changed his game to be more tenacious on the puck and to forecheck hard. This line gets chances to score and they will start to go in soon.

kooch32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 10:19 AM
Krigaren*

To actually talk about hockey for once on here.
Omark´s goal was a nice one and good to see that he started to produce some again. I was starting to get a bit worried.

Thanks for the people that give us input on Oklahoma and Omark´s performances so far its always appriciated as some of us euros cant stay up all night and watch the games on stream

Lastly i wont ever discuss anything else than Omark on these boards again, i got a warning for saying that Oilers was a bad organisation (not exactly does words) and i do not wish to get banned.
So a strong warning to my fellow swedes is that we can get banned for a stated opinion and we should keep it to ourself.

Krigaren* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 10:30 AM
frag2

Quote:
Wait until the team starts losing again. It's easy to enjoy your company when things are going well.

frag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 11:24 AM
Peter The Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorHall View Post
Holy ****. That's a sick goal.
Nobody can humiliate his opponents and goalies like Omark. ;-) Edmonton will need a new enforcer to protect him.

The Oilers are winning, Omark is scoring again, things are looking good.

I kind of forgot about Motin! (another swedish talent), how is he doing?

21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 12:06 PM
SChan*

Quote:
how is it a swedish fan club when we have criticized Paajarvi?

Old
12-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Metzen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady View Post
Hows Reddox doing? I hear he can actually skate.
Why is there no outrage he's not playing in he show?
There is. Lots of posts in threads on this board about bringing him up to help the PK/4th line.

Metzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 03:29 PM
ERC91

Quote:
I dont think you've been watching games lately. Im not the biggest cogliano fan but he has definitely been a lot better lately. He and Brule probably forechecks the hardest out of the entire team, and they created a lot of chances today. Brule got robbed and Penner got robbed today so it hasnt shown up on the stat sheet.

But IMO, Omark is perfect to replace Hemsky on the PP half boards. That, or MPS will get more PP time.
Sadly true, I don't get to watch too many games. Time difference is too huge.

Nonetheless I can't really retrace all that talk about Cogs and Brule.
So many people (not all though) keep on telling how good they play, how many chances they create, how much effort the put in etc. etc. .

Why the heck doesn't that show on the stat sheet then? Are the both the unluckiest players on this planet?

No they aren't. Even during the recaps I e.g. have seen Cogs fail on so many 100% opportunities.

And as for Brule. Except last season, he has never shown anything.
I mean come on, even Todd White had a 70pts season once.

ERC91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 03:32 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERC91 View Post
Sadly true, I don't get to watch too many games. Time difference is too huge.

Nonetheless I can't really retrace all that talk about Cogs and Brule.
So many people (not all though) keep on telling how good they play, how many chances they create, how much effort the put in etc. etc. .

Why the heck doesn't that show on the stat sheet then? Are the both the unluckiest players on this planet?

No they aren't. Even during the recaps I e.g. have seen Cogs fail on so many 100% opportunities.

And as for Brule. Except last season, he has never shown anything.
I mean come on, even Todd White had a 70pts season once.
Cogliano's line was the line that kinda pushed back in the 3rd after the goal. They are the line that cycles fairly well and forechecks like crazy. They are fairly effective at generating momentum, which is good because they are technically the 3rd line.

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 03:35 PM
ERC91

Quote:
Cogliano's line was the line that kinda pushed back in the 3rd after the goal. They are the line that cycles fairly well and forechecks like crazy. They are fairly effective at generating momentum, which is good because they are technically the 3rd line.
IMO a 3rd line mainly has to provide two things.

Size, grit and defensive ability.

These two neither have size nor defensive ability.

Old
12-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Thorulf

That goal is sick...

There are many opinions on the Omark playing or not issue, and latest on the
bandwagon is Mats Wennerholm, Aftonbladet's prime hockey blogger (Swedens biggest tabloid, and most extensive daily NHL cover) made wrote an post named "Omark can forget about NHL".

Bottomline is that he thinks Omark can forget NHL (this year at least) by tree main resons;

1. He is not quite as good as the rumor, and has been carried a bit by former wingman Johan Harju (now getting a second chance in Tampa).

2. He need to be more humble.

3. When he got sent down to AHL, he said stuff that won't help him getting up again.

link: http://blogg.aftonbladet.se/26380

Thorulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 03:38 PM
SChan*

let's get back talking about Omark.

Gotta love the kid's confidence. First he misses that shootout move, then he does the same thing when he gets on a breakaway and scores.

That's what makes Omark so special. He got this cocky style of hockey and are not afraid to make a fool out of himself. Take that away from him and he is nothing special.

Old
12-05-2010, 03:43 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:
IMO a 3rd line mainly has to provide two things.

Size, grit and defensive ability.

These two neither have size nor defensive ability.
Depends, 3rd line is sometimes called the energy line. And they provide just that. And they are pretty damn gritty when you watch them. IMO if you cant watch the games, criticizing based on scoresheet just doesnt really work. Thats like saying MPS sucks, but if you watch him lately, hes been solid.

Old
12-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Turtle Renji

Still no word on Hemsky, I wonder what the Oilers will do there. I think it would be great to bring up Omark, let him play for atleast a week to see what he can bring to an NHL roster.

I know there's been a few statement about Omark needing to be "less cocky" with the way he scored, and I can understand that, but frankly I like the idea of a highly skilled player with enough confidence to make a play like that. His confidence is sky high, and being around that wouldn't be bad for anyone.

As for the Schremp comparison, in my mind, the only comparables are the way the fans treat each player, ie crazy passion, and their hands. Omark has way better foot speed, like night and day between the two players, and he's a more tenacious player then Robbie is/was.

My hope is we'll see Omark before the end of 2010, but I see him getting the call in the early new year if not before. I think what's gone against him too, the Oilers have actually been healthy this year.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 04:01 PM
ERC91

Quote:
Depends, 3rd line is sometimes called the energy line. And they provide just that. And they are pretty damn gritty when you watch them. IMO if you cant watch the games, criticizing based on scoresheet just doesnt really work. Thats like saying MPS sucks, but if you watch him lately, hes been solid.
So you basically advise me to not comment on any players or games anymore?

IMO you can pretty well base an opinion on stats, recaps, news articles and on what other people have to say.

Of course watching games can give you a closer inside, but often fans watching games just see what they wanna see.
I'm neutral on soccer while all my friends aren't so I know that.

And I still can't believe how a player can allegedly play good for a stretch of games already, whereupon it doesn't show on the stat sheet in any way but it does with all others.

Old
12-05-2010, 04:05 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:
So you basically advise me to not comment on any players or games anymore?

IMO you can pretty well base an opinion on stats, recaps, news articles and on what other people have to say.

Of course watching games can give you a closer inside, but often fans watching games just see what they wanna see.
I'm neutral on soccer while all my friends aren't so I know that.

And I still can't believe how a player can allegedly play good for a stretch of games already, whereupon it doesn't show on the stat sheet in any way but it does with all others.
Wow nice straw man. I said in this case its hard to comment when you havent seen them play. I dont even like Cogliano but if you have actually seen his line play, its god damn effective at generating momentum.

Also if Penner and Brule buried 3 of their chances yesterday, we wouldnt even be having this argument b/c on the stat sheet that line would've had at least 3 points. And by your standards you would be like "wow, they played great"