HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Markov, SEASON DONE!

Old
12-09-2010, 12:57 PM
hogtownhabsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
If Calgary plans to make the playoiffs he is not available.

If they decide to blow it up maybe he can be had but for a high price(Subban or Eller + 1st). He's still young, has a good contract and they have a lot of other players on the block before they move him.
Eller or Subban for Rene freaking Bourque? Plus a 1st? No way man.

Maybe a Max Pac. He's the guy that we deal for help. Subban and Eller are not moved unless for an absolutely impact guy.

hogtownhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiGGy View Post
I'm not too sure making the playoffs is still part of their plan right now. And as for Bourque, you're overating his value.

He got traded to the Flames for a conditional draft pick 2 years ago, and has slightly better stats than Kostitsyn. Do you really think Kostitsyn is worth a potential n.1 Defensemen?
That may not be his value, but that's probably what Calgary would want in order to move him. That's the part that you seem to miss. They wouldn't trade him unless you called and overpaid.

If they are going to be a seller, they have to keep some guys, they won't just ice an AHL team.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 01:19 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Eller or Subban for Rene freaking Bourque? Plus a 1st? No way man.

Maybe a Max Pac. He's the guy that we deal for help. Subban and Eller are not moved unless for an absolutely impact guy.
As I said, I think he's a guy Calgary won't move unless somebody overpays.

Old
12-09-2010, 06:22 PM
hogtownhabsfan

Quote:
As I said, I think he's a guy Calgary won't move unless somebody overpays.
Well in that case we won't be the team that overpays. No way does Gautier move Eller for Bourque when Halak was moved straight up for Eller...

And Subban? Apparently we could have got Kovalchuk last deadline for Subban and change...

hogtownhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 10:35 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Markov injury?

What's the time frame for A healthy return from Markov I'm just thinking in terms Of return as if it was 6 months wouldn't his return be mid April? And apologies about the grammar I'm on my iPod

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 10:38 AM
Bunka Gurndeep

A full year was the original prognosis. You can be Damn sure the Habs won't rush him back this year like they did the last. I'd be surprised if he was ready for the opening game of next season. Habs are gonna give him maximum time to recuperate in order to minimize the chance of reinjury

Bunka Gurndeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 10:50 AM
Subban76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunka Gurndeep View Post
A full year was the original prognosis. You can be Damn sure the Habs won't rush him back this year like they did the last. I'd be surprised if he was ready for the opening game of next season. Habs are gonna give him maximum time to recuperate in order to minimize the chance of reinjury
I did not read that anywhere and I just did a google search. Usually those type of surgeries take 6 months which brings him to this summer with plenty of time to recover and add strenght for training camp. Markov as always been a fast healer. I expect Markov to be ready for next camp, but who knows???

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 10:59 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

He will miss from 8-12 months with a torn ACL and MCL. Don't expect him back until October 2011 at the earliest. They did a full reconstruction of his knee.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 11:06 AM
phoque taupe

yep, hes gonna be ready for next movember!

phoque taupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 11:10 AM
Turboflex*

ripped muscles can take years to fully heal and they'll be weaker until then. A dude on my hockey team ripped his shoulder ligaments ripped, had surgery, and came back to early and ripped them again. Nasty business and it's not guaranteed the surgery will even be successful (the Docs can re-attach them but it's not guaranteed they will grow properly).

Markov can back too early, got bumped in a way that put pressure on the weak muscles and they got ****ed again.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 11:27 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Will the Habs even re-sign Markov? I'd be hard pressed to call him a "quick healer" when he played about seven games and is out longterm now. If his target to be healed is October it makes it all the scarier to re-sign him unless it's for minimal dollars. If the Habs sign Markov then I hope plan B is firmly in place when he goes down again. The last three years he's been nothing but high expectations and tremendous disappointment.

IMHO signing Wiz is more important. The powerplay can work with a big shot and without Markov.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 11:32 AM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
He will miss from 8-12 months with a torn ACL and MCL. Don't expect him back until October 2011 at the earliest. They did a full reconstruction of his knee.
GO back to Florida :-p , you brought the negativism from panther land with you.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 11:33 AM
JimmyDarmody

Hopefully the timetable for his return will be some other team's burden. Time to move on.

JimmyDarmody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 11:36 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDarmody View Post
Hopefully the timetable for his return will be some other team's burden. Time to move on.
I agree - what kind of hockey will he play when back. He wasn't exactly stellar this time back. It could take a year to get back to his highest level whatever that turns out to be.

I wouldn't close the door on Markov but I wouldn't make him a priority either. LOL

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Habs

there sure are a lot of doctors posting here. Would be nice to have an official response from the club.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Teufelsdreck

That leaves the Habs in the position of looking for a #1 Dman. There's no one in the organization who could step into that role. As we know by now, Subban was overrated. He has the raw ability but he doesn't have Markov's head on his shoulders. It's futile to spend our time speculating about which forward to acquire in trade or as a UFA so long as there's such a huge gap on D. I don't like being despondent but I don't see how the Habs can solve the problem before it's time to replace Hamrlik, Spacek, and Gill (right after this season, I'd say).

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 12:06 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK46Awesome View Post
GO back to Florida :-p , you brought the negativism from panther land with you.
So facts mean negativism?

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 12:27 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
That leaves the Habs in the position of looking for a #1 Dman. There's no one in the organization who could step into that role. As we know by now, Subban was overrated. He has the raw ability but he doesn't have Markov's head on his shoulders. It's futile to spend our time speculating about which forward to acquire in trade or as a UFA so long as there's such a huge gap on D. I don't like being despondent but I don't see how the Habs can solve the problem before it's time to replace Hamrlik, Spacek, and Gill (right after this season, I'd say).
It's comments like this that bother me, people behaved the same way about price and now he's back to form, subbans in his first year and struggling, just like Myers, Whom everyone assumed would instantly be as good or better then the year before. Give the kid time, people who are successful have to be patient and wait. Markov entered the league later than subban and didn't become a number 1 defenseman until he was almost 29 so why don't you wait and give subban time to develop ffs,

Comparing maturity of a 21 year old to a 32 year old, yeah thats a smart thing to do

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Le Tricolore
Franchise Players

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
I agree - what kind of hockey will he play when back. He wasn't exactly stellar this time back. It could take a year to get back to his highest level whatever that turns out to be.

I wouldn't close the door on Markov but I wouldn't make him a priority either. LOL
He played seven games after missing training camp and pre-season. He had 3 points and looked alright defensively from what I recall.

The team needs to re-sign him if they can.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 01:01 PM
CastroLeRobot
Hab-a-bouille

Jokinen for another Niniima style photo op!

CastroLeRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 01:38 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunka Gurndeep View Post
The problem wasn't that he came back to soon, it was that he wasn't wearing a brace on it.

Old
01-04-2011, 01:42 PM
JimmyDarmody

Quote:
The problem wasn't that he came back to soon, it was that he wasn't wearing a brace on it.
And that he can't take a hit, but that's another story.

JimmyDarmody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
He tore his ACL but not the MCL. There was a partial meniscus tear but only the ACL was rebuilt, I think they transplant a brand new tendon so it shouldn't matter how many times it's happened before. I think Frank Gore tore his ACL twice at Miami but has not had any problems so far in the NFL.

Old
01-04-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
He tore his ACL but not the MCL. There was a partial meniscus tear but only the ACL was rebuilt, I think they transplant a brand new tendon so it shouldn't matter how many times it's happened before. I think Frank Gore tore his ACL twice at Miami but has not had any problems so far in the NFL.
DeJuan Blair, a center for the San Antonio Spurs has NO ACL's in BOTH of his knees and he can still ball.

Too many people writing Markov off way too soon

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 04:57 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post

Markov didn't become a genuine top pairing defender until he was like 26-27 years old, he may have been on our top pairing but that's just by default we had a terrible team for a very long time. He had a great year in 2002-2003 before the lockout, and followed it up with a so-so 2003-2004. So he had mustered up 1 good-to-great season in his first four seasons in the league. PK has a ton of time to play catch up...

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote