Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Central Europe
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Anton Tomko named new U20 team coach

Old
03-01-2011, 09:42 AM
slovakiasnextone

vCash: 500
Anton Tomko named new U20 team coach

As of April 1st Anton Tomko will become the new Slovak U20 national team coach after Štefan Mikeš decided not to continue in this position. Tomko is most known for being the head coach of HC Košice in their 2009 season winning the Slovak championship with them and he was also awarded the Golden Puck for the best coach award. Previously he alsow worked for Triglav Kranj/SLO, ZPA Prešov and Mshk Žilina.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Indian

vCash: 500
First of all I think we should thank Mikes for his work with the oranges in those four years, he has done relatively well given the conditions and the fact he was there from the beginning.
Regarding Tomko I have mixed feelings. I wasn't that happy when he came to Kosice but then again we won the title in 2009 so it's hard to tell if he will have something special up his sleeves this time too. Also I'm not sure how he can handle the young kids since that's completely different to coaching a senior squad. Anyway I wish him good luck, strong will and good results.

Indian is offline   Reply With Quote