HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2nd 2010-11 Flyers Prospects & Phantoms Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2011, 06:25 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
holy crap I cant beleive I actually typed that out. didnt notice it until earlier today when I was looking at the board at lunch.
Could we say you had "Gone Full Holmgren" with that beauty?

Old
04-10-2011, 10:25 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Kitchener ended up losing to Plymouth in the playoffs in 7 games. Akeson finished with 3 goals and 6 assists. In that same series, Brown of the Whalers continued his strong pace, putting up 3 goals and 8 assists in the series. In the second series, Plymouth dropped the first two to Owen Sound, with Brown adding 3 assists in Game 1. Brown is 2nd in the OHL in playoff points, and first in assists.

Erie lost to Windsor in 7 games. Hostetter had 2 goals and 2 assists.

Gatineau is down 2-0 in the second round to Drummondville. Gatineau has one goal in the series so far, and McGinn didn't have a role in it.

Shawinigan is down 2-0 to Quebec, Labrecque has 2 goals in the series.

Chilliwack ended up losing 4-1 in their series to Spokane, finishing with 1 goal in the series.

Morrison has not played in the playoffs.

Old
04-11-2011, 07:19 AM
mirimon

The Phantoms finished their season with a 2-4 loss to the baby Pens. Read with a goal and an assist.

Any news on who will be our black aces for the playoffs? Is there a limit on how many players a team can have? I suspect Gustafsson, Wellwood and Holmstrom would be the frontrunners (if I've understood things correct Read is only on a try-out contract and can't be used this year).

Old
04-11-2011, 09:14 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Read is playing scary good.

Old
04-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
The Phantoms finished their season with a 2-4 loss to the baby Pens. Read with a goal and an assist.

Any news on who will be our black aces for the playoffs? Is there a limit on how many players a team can have? I suspect Gustafsson, Wellwood and Holmstrom would be the frontrunners (if I've understood things correct Read is only on a try-out contract and can't be used this year).
Sestito is one of the black aces. He tweeted he is coming to Philly and will be ready to play if needed.

Old
04-11-2011, 12:05 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
Sestito is one of the black aces. He tweeted he is coming to Philly and will be ready to play if needed.
Interesting. He has been hurt for the past 2-3 weeks. Didnt think he would be back.

Old
04-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Larry44
Flyers Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Interesting. He has been hurt for the past 2-3 weeks. Didnt think he would be back.
Interested in seeing the entire list. Last year Maroon and Legein were aces too, along with Kalinski and a few others.

Read is on an ATO with the Phantoms, but could we not use him if we wanted to, at the price of activating his contract early?

Old
04-11-2011, 12:13 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Interested in seeing the entire list. Last year Maroon and Legein were aces too, along with Kalinski and a few others.

Read is on an ATO with the Phantoms, but could we not use him if we wanted to, at the price of activating his contract early?
All I know is, is that Gustafsson got called up last season during the playoffs.

Also I remember reading that part of Harry Zoldsfsgdsgdsgds's contract is that he would be called up during the post season.

Old
04-11-2011, 01:15 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

I was actually wrong about Gustafsson.. I thought for sure he was called up... I swear I remember reading it.

Here were the black aces last season:
Quote:
They are goaltender Jeremy Duchesne, forwards Jon Kalinski, David Laliberte and Andreas Nodl, and defensemen Joonas Lehtivuori, Kevin Marshall and Danny Syvret. Duchesne will be the backup goalie if Johan Backlund is not ready.
My bet this season following this format?

Holmstrom
Wellwood
Testwuide

Gustafsson
Marshall
Syvret

And they already called up Leighton (and Syvret)

Old
04-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Larry44
Flyers Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I was actually wrong about Gustafsson.. I thought for sure he was called up... I swear I remember reading it.

Here were the black aces last season:

My bet this season following this format?

Holmstrom
Wellwood
Testwuide

Gustafsson
Marshall
Syvret

And they already called up Leighton (and Syvret)
And Harry Zolnierczyk?

I'm also sure that both Legein and Maroon were added to the Black Aces list after the initial callup, and Gustafsson was skating with them too.

I don't know if you have to distinguish between guys that might actually play vs. kids getting exposure by hanging around.

Old
04-11-2011, 06:28 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

The Black Aces:

Quote:
Marshall, Holmstrom, Testwuide, Sestito, Wellwood, Read, Ryan, Gustafsson, Backlund
-PSPhantoms

Old
04-11-2011, 06:58 PM
Villedelphia*

Backlund for Conn Smythe

Old
04-13-2011, 08:06 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

So can we pretty much assume that Denis bodrov will never be an NHL level defenseman? Can anyone shed some light on his situation since he went back to Russia? I think I remember hearing that he had some character issues and whatnot. Is this correct?

Old
04-13-2011, 08:15 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

I've been meaning to ask this all season. What is the blue wave patch the phantoms wore for?

Old
04-13-2011, 08:33 PM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
So can we pretty much assume that Denis bodrov will never be an NHL level defenseman? Can anyone shed some light on his situation since he went back to Russia? I think I remember hearing that he had some character issues and whatnot. Is this correct?
He's had his most quiet (in a good way, no locker room trouble and so on afaik) season yet this year. 10 pts in 45 games is pretty good for him, 71 penalty minutes as well. His team made it to the playoffs, but there they were eliminated in 4 straight games I think. He had two assist in those four games though. Stefan Ruzicka was the best point getter and goal scorer for this team (Spartak Moscow), two points ahead of Branko Radivojevic.

Our other forgotten Russian, Andrei Popov had a fairly decent season as well, scoring 10 goals and adding 12 assist which was good for 4th on his team (which is one of the worst in the KHL I believe). Best goal scorer on that team was actually Deron Quint with 21 goals. Other notables on the team is Andrei Nikolishin, Vitaly Yachmenev who once rode shotgun with Gretzky and Ray Giroux who was once drafted by us.

I haven't watched a single KHL game all year though, so for actual play, I have no idea whatsoever really...

Old
04-13-2011, 11:50 PM
Larry44
Flyers Tank Nation

The Aces Arrive

No Sestito, Read, Zolnierczyk or Kalinski, but Zac Rinaldo draws in....

From the Flyers' site: http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=559604

"The nine players (listed below) will all be available to play during the 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs.

G Johan Backlund
D Matt Walker
D Erik Gustafsson
D Kevin Marshall
C Ben Holmstrom
LW Zac Rinaldo
LW Michael Ryan
RW Mike Testwuide
LW Eric Wellwood"

plus Syvret and Leighton already up.

Old
04-14-2011, 12:07 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Why the **** is Rinaldo on that list? Why would we ever need a dumb**** like him on the team?

Old
04-14-2011, 12:19 AM
Larry44
Flyers Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Why the **** is Rinaldo on that list? Why would we ever need a dumb**** like him on the team?
Because he's going to be a Flyer at some point next year, or the year after at the latest, and they want to get him some experience?

Old
04-14-2011, 01:47 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Because he's going to be a Flyer at some point next year, or the year after at the latest, and they want to get him some experience?
Screw that noise. He's probably just as dumb as Gillies or Orr.

Old
04-14-2011, 02:25 AM
Larry44
Flyers Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Screw that noise. He's probably just as dumb as Gillies or Orr.
Hate him all you want, and he certainly does go over the line, but Rinaldo is a good skater, with decent skills who hits like a ton of bricks.

Everyone in the organization identifies him as someone who is going to be a Flyer someday. You don't have to like it, but don't say you weren't warned.

I've always liked him, because I like having a few psychos around to keep the opposition off balance.

He needs to stop the kneeing majors, etc. but you will love him on the forecheck.

Old
04-14-2011, 08:58 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Hate him all you want, and he certainly does go over the line, but Rinaldo is a good skater, with decent skills who hits like a ton of bricks.

Everyone in the organization identifies him as someone who is going to be a Flyer someday. You don't have to like it, but don't say you weren't warned.

I've always liked him, because I like having a few psychos around to keep the opposition off balance.

He needs to stop the kneeing majors, etc. but you will love him on the forecheck.
he wont get much playing time regardless bc he'll be suspended all the time

Old
04-14-2011, 09:02 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:

He also needs to stop the boarding, checking from behind, intent to injure and being an all round dick.

He has had people making excuses for him since day 1. Perhaps he just doesn't get it and never will, and he's a Holleweg clone. No thanks.

Old
04-14-2011, 10:47 AM
Rick Deckard

Quote:
No Sestito, Read, Zolnierczyk or Kalinski, but Zac Rinaldo draws in....

From the Flyers' site: http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=559604

"The nine players (listed below) will all be available to play during the 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs.

G Johan Backlund
D Matt Walker
D Erik Gustafsson
D Kevin Marshall
C Ben Holmstrom
LW Zac Rinaldo
LW Michael Ryan
RW Mike Testwuide
LW Eric Wellwood"

plus Syvret and Leighton already up.
Sestito is a surprise (injured?), otherwise Reid and Zolnierczyk can't play, they don't have contracts ... Kalinski was always mentioned with Maroon, I think he's gone.

Old
04-14-2011, 10:50 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Sestito is injure I think Rick

Old
04-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Rick Deckard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoverCarle View Post
Sestito is injure I think Rick
Yes, he is, thanks. Just saw it at the Poststar:

Quote:
Forwards Matt Read and Tom Sestito are also in Voorhees, N.J. with the Flyers, but aren't eligible to play. Read's contract doesn't begin until next season and Sestito is injured.

Closed Thread