HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2nd 2010-11 Flyers Prospects & Phantoms Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2010, 12:35 PM
jb**

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
yeah me too, I'm just saying it's possible. PM Bouchard played 1 game last season and is fianlly back after a long layoff
Lappy isnít some young kid. He isnít coming back imo. Not worth the risk for him.

Old
12-15-2010, 12:44 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article..._december2010/

Bobrovsky voted current leader of the Calder race by HF Staff.

Weird that the poll went up this late. I put my vote in like 2 weeks ago.

Old
12-15-2010, 01:28 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

From EuroFlyers:

Quote:
Flyers, Canucks and Penguins have inquired on veteran Russian FA forward Sergei Zinoviev, 30.
Quote:
Negotiations on Zinoviev aren't expected to start until spring when KHL season is over.

Also

Quote:
Team Sweden coach will be scouting Erik Gustafsson later in the season for World Championships.
EDIT: Oh and happy birthday Erik Gustafsson. Just turned 22 today.

Last edited by sa cyred: 12-15-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old
12-15-2010, 01:39 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Is Gustafsson playing in the World Championships?

Old
12-15-2010, 01:47 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Is Gustafsson playing in the World Championships?
Well he will probably get scouted and then if good enough get invited to the camp.

Old
12-15-2010, 10:54 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Phantoms lost 5-4. Gustafsson with a goal and 2 assists. Holmstrom with a goal and an assist.

Old
12-15-2010, 11:03 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
I wish I could see Gust play, he is putting up a lot of points on this horrid team

Old
12-15-2010, 11:26 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
I wish I could see Gust play, he is putting up a lot of points on this horrid team
Yea I only got to see him a few times. His +/- doesnt give him justice on defense. The team has gotten scored on 114 times, scoring just 62 times. He actually is solid on defense. The guy plays a pretty good defensively for a smaller guy, and he is just a monster on the pp.

For him to get looked at by the head coach of Team Sweden for the WC, when he is just 22 playing in the AHL has to show the scouts for Team Sweden must see something in him. I know if Pronger is out Bartulis will get the callup, but I would like to see him in a game or two to see how he reacts. He looked solid in preseason next to Timonen (who doesnt though) and I know its just preseason but still.

In other news, Kamloops are losing right now, 4-3, Ranford has a goal and an assist. Schaber, the top line center who centers him isnt even playing, and DePape who plays on the line with them isnt playing either. Leads the WHL in points by 2, and in goals by 2. Right now he has 52 points in 32 games. I think in the WHL they play 72 games, so he isnt even halfway there yet.

Last edited by sa cyred: 12-15-2010 at 11:34 PM.
Old
12-15-2010, 11:28 PM
HoverCarle*

depends on the cap though

Old
12-15-2010, 11:29 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
depends on the cap though
It was more wishful thinking then actually believing it would happen. We have enough capspace to call up one person.

Old
12-15-2010, 11:32 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
It was more wishful thinking then actually believing it would happen. We have enough capspace to call up one person.
I could see him having a huge camp next year. especially if Carle is moved

Old
12-15-2010, 11:36 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
I could see him having a huge camp next year. especially if Carle is moved
I was surprised when he had a good camp this year. I think depth chart wise he is the #1 guy on defense. This year, I hope they just dont call up Syvret or Jan (the vet) instead of him.

Thinking about it though, having Bartulis just sit in the pressbox is killer also. He should atleast get a game in here and there. I know OD is pretty solid on the pk and ES, but when they need Bartulis, him not playing in a long time can really hurt them.

Old
12-15-2010, 11:38 PM
HoverCarle*

I think O'D should get a break every 4 or 5 games. Let Bart play weaker teams to keep his rust off.

It sucks that Lehtivuori is struggling this year.

Old
12-15-2010, 11:41 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
I think O'D should get a break every 4 or 5 games. Let Bart play weaker teams to keep his rust off.

It sucks that Lehtivuori is struggling this year.
Even I have been disappointed defensively in Lehtivouri. I watched over half the games last year and he played pretty solid defense. This year though he seemed to focus alot more offensively, killing the way he played defense. Supposedly though, he has been working on his defense which is a reason he hasnt had many points the last few games, but isnt going -3 or -4 and the likes.

EDIT: Ranford just scored another goal making it 4-4.

Old
12-15-2010, 11:45 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

I do feel bad for Ranford. He has NOONE on his team. Like right now he is playing Portland which has

Sven Bartishi (projected 1 round pick in 2011 draft)
Ty Rattie (projected 1st round pick in 2011)
Nino Niederreiter (1st round pick for Isles. 2010)
Brad Ross (2nd round pick for Leafs)

Guess what Kamloops has? 7th round pick Ranford, and no guys projected to go high in the draft this up and coming season.

Old
12-16-2010, 12:08 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
I do feel bad for Ranford. He has NOONE on his team. Like right now he is playing Portland which has

Guess what Kamloops has? 7th round pick Ranford, and no guys projected to go high in the draft this up and coming season.
Hard work pays off.

Look at what poor Bob had to work with in the KHL.

Look at the weapons he gets to play with now.

Old
12-16-2010, 04:55 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:

Ranford with 2 goals and a helper +2 second star last night. The kid just keeps on putting up numbers

Old
12-16-2010, 07:50 AM
Larry44

Quote:
And we will have enough to call up two when they decide which two goalies are staying. Right now it isn't looking good for Leighton.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Homer waived Leighton and Washington picked him up and won the Cup?

Old
12-16-2010, 09:11 AM
jb**

Quote:
Yea I only got to see him a few times. His +/- doesnt give him justice on defense. The team has gotten scored on 114 times, scoring just 62 times. He actually is solid on defense. The guy plays a pretty good defensively for a smaller guy, and he is just a monster on the pp.

For him to get looked at by the head coach of Team Sweden for the WC, when he is just 22 playing in the AHL has to show the scouts for Team Sweden must see something in him. I know if Pronger is out Bartulis will get the callup, but I would like to see him in a game or two to see how he reacts. He looked solid in preseason next to Timonen (who doesnt though) and I know its just preseason but still.

In other news, Kamloops are losing right now, 4-3, Ranford has a goal and an assist. Schaber, the top line center who centers him isnt even playing, and DePape who plays on the line with them isnt playing either. Leads the WHL in points by 2, and in goals by 2. Right now he has 52 points in 32 games. I think in the WHL they play 72 games, so he isnt even halfway there yet.
I disagree, the games i saw him in he is not good defensively and does little 5 on5. People i have talked too have said the same thing. his +/- imo does give him justice from what i have seen. On the PP he has been very good and that is where he earns his keep. That alone wont cut it in the nhl. If he plays a game or 2 for the flyers because of injuries that really wont tell you much. Cant really make a conclusion either way based on a few games.

Old
12-16-2010, 09:12 AM
jb**

Quote:
mostly on the pp though. 3 points last night an still a minus player on the evening.

Old
12-16-2010, 12:08 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
I disagree, the games i saw him in he is not good defensively and does little 5 on5. People i have talked too have said the same thing. his +/- imo does give him justice from what i have seen. On the PP he has been very good and that is where he earns his keep. That alone wont cut it in the nhl. If he plays a game or 2 for the flyers because of injuries that really wont tell you much. Cant really make a conclusion either way based on a few games.
I have also talked to people who have gone to the games and also in relation to the phantoms. Like I said, I do think people are overblowing the way he plays defense. As a whole, no one is playing defense well, so its easy to pick out one player and say they cant play defense. For a smaller player, most people will always say he cant play solid defense. Like I said, from the games I have seen in person and the people I have talked to, I disagree.

The team in a whole doesnt do well 5v5, so its easy to blend the two together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
mostly on the pp though. 3 points last night an still a minus player on the evening.
Look at the whole team. Everyone is a minus player, which doesnt make everyone bad on defense. Also he was a plus player until Steward let in 3 goals on 3 shots.

I live pretty close to them plus they played one game at my school. That being said, since everyone on the team is playing the same way, how he would play in the NHL is a different story (if he plays in the NHL, etc etc). If he is getting scouted for the WC team, there has to be something good about him.

Last edited by sa cyred: 12-16-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old
12-16-2010, 12:26 PM
jb**

Quote:
I have also talked to people who have gone to the games and also in relation to the phantoms. Like I said, I do think people are overblowing the way he plays defense. As a whole, no one is playing defense well, so its easy to pick out one player and say they cant play defense. For a smaller player, most people will always say he cant play solid defense. Like I said, from the games I have seen in person and the people I have talked to, I disagree.

The team in a whole doesnt do well 5v5, so its easy to blend the two together.

Look at the whole team. Everyone is a minus player, which doesnt make everyone bad on defense. Also he was a plus player until Steward let in 3 goals on 3 shots.

I live pretty close to them plus they played one game at my school. That being said, since everyone on the team is playing the same way, how he would play in the NHL is a different story (if he plays in the NHL, etc etc). If he is getting scouted for the WC team, there has to be something good about him.
Regardless how the whole team is doing, they are just not that talented is the bottom line. That is across the board. I dont thinkhe is an nhl player as we sit here today. He has a ways to go imo. I didnt see the goals the goalie let up sounless they were really pathetic, there is plenty of blame to go around. We all have are own opinions and thats wha makes it fun. 10 poeple watching the same thing can have 10 different views. Sweden is doing there due diligence is all. Who knows what type of player they want for that tourney. Who knows who will be availabe so why not take a look seeign he has put up points.

The defense as a whole/individually has been terrible. Some have shown glimpes of playing well for small stretches but overall they have disappointed. some will say they are underachiving, some like my self just dont think they are that good right now

Old
12-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Psuhockey

The Flyers 1st round Draft Pick

I know this is way early, but it seems that this years draft is deep and the Flyers should get a good player even at the 30th pick. The team loves the QMJHL and this year that league sounds deep. Who do you all think they will draft? Do you think Jonathan Huberdeau or Zach Phillips will be there and how good are those players to anyone that knows or seen them play?

Old
12-16-2010, 08:15 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
I know this is way early, but it seems that this years draft is deep and the Flyers should get a good player even at the 30th pick. The team loves the QMJHL and this year that league sounds deep. Who do you all think they will draft? Do you think Jonathan Huberdeau or Zach Phillips will be there and how good are those players to anyone that knows or seen them play?
Huberdeau and Phillips are centers, which is the last thing we need. Personally, I'm a big fan of Sven Bartschi. They might be available when we pick, but they've had strong statistical seasons and may climb out of our reach.

Old
12-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Psuhockey

I have heard Sven Bartschi was good, but a little small. I would be very surprised if the flyers didn't pick someone from the Q, whether a forward or defenseman. This year that league has a lot of highly rated players. I am too lazy to look up stats, but it seems the Flyers tend to pick more players out of that league than any other, usually going off the 'experts board' to do it, just like Giroux.

Closed Thread