HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2nd 2010-11 Flyers Prospects & Phantoms Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2010, 12:35 PM
RoDu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
cant wait for that Carcillo/Rinaldo/Shelley line.
we can call it the useless line.
I would like to see that line match up against Crosby; Bettman would jump on the ice to save him

Old
12-30-2010, 01:32 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
Or...the CRSly? line, because it would be an absolute joke. I don't get the fascination from some over Rinaldo. The guy's a pudding head.
I dont know why this organization always has to employ an idiot on the roster.
guys like Rinaldo and Carcillo are more of a distraction.

Old
12-30-2010, 03:51 PM
RoDu

How is Mike Testwuide looking? 4th/3rd line potential?

Old
12-30-2010, 05:04 PM
CerpinTaxt

Good write up on Ranford, and why he is awesome.

http://www.flyersgoalscoredby.com/20...d-jackpot.html

Old
12-31-2010, 04:55 PM
CerpinTaxt

woo! phantoms close out the year with a 3-2 SO victory.

Moore and Kaliniski with the goals. Pither with an assist. Brian Stewart with the 27 save victory.

Old
12-31-2010, 05:40 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
How is Mike Testwuide looking? 4th/3rd line potential?
absolutely as that is what he is playing now. for the phantoms where he will stay. Not an nhl player

Old
12-31-2010, 05:43 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
absolutely as that is what he is playing now. for the phantoms where he will stay. Not an nhl player
Interesting as Testwuide AND your boy Rinloldo were both on the 3rd line. But let me guess, Rinloldo will absolutely be an nhl player but not Testwuide right?

Old
12-31-2010, 05:46 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Interesting as Testwuide AND your boy Rinloldo were both on the 3rd line. But let me guess, Rinloldo will absolutely be an nhl player but not Testwuide right?
no he wont absolutely be an nhl player but has a much better shot than testicles. testicles is a 23 year old who has average skills that wont translate to the nhl. He isnt nhl material, sorry to upset you with that news.

Old
01-01-2011, 10:02 PM
Dr. Octagon

Quote:
I can guarantee that ZR will play more NHL games than Testwuide. Like it or not he has a skill set that NHL teams desire (see Kaleta, Boll, Barch, Carcillo, Konopka, etc.) and he has more goals than the older Testwuide. One goal this far into the season is pretty pathetic.

Side note - Bourdon got KTFO tonight....Klotz-like. Looked pretty scary.

Old
01-01-2011, 10:50 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Octagon View Post
I can guarantee that ZR will play more NHL games than Testwuide. Like it or not he has a skill set that NHL teams desire (see Kaleta, Boll, Barch, Carcillo, Konopka, etc.) and he has more goals than the older Testwuide. One goal this far into the season is pretty pathetic.

Side note - Bourdon got KTFO tonight....Klotz-like. Looked pretty scary.
The guy is a complete headcase, but I kinda figured some Flyers fans would like it alot. Ask anyone who watches the Phantoms, the guy plays half ********, and does the stupidest things on the ice atleast once a game. Yep, I cant wait for that to happen on the Flyers.

Ll Ilike ow you said Rinaldo has more goals... yea 2 compared to 1. Big difference. Might wanna look at points though.

Might not translate to the NHL, but the guy is a big figure in Adirondack. He is the guy who does the videos, who is the "santa clause", etc etc. Not many people care about Rinaldo.

Old
01-01-2011, 11:21 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
The guy is a complete headcase, but I kinda figured some Flyers fans would like it alot. Ask anyone who watches the Phantoms, the guy plays half ********, and does the stupidest things on the ice atleast once a game. Yep, I cant wait for that to happen on the Flyers.

Ll Ilike ow you said Rinaldo has more goals... yea 2 compared to 1. Big difference. Might wanna look at points though.

Might not translate to the NHL, but the guy is a big figure in Adirondack. He is the guy who does the videos, who is the "santa clause", etc etc. Not many people care about Rinaldo.
This is the correct answer.

Old
01-01-2011, 11:34 PM
Dr. Octagon

Quote:
Rinaldo is a 4th line physical player. Testwuide is supposed to be a top 6 winger and he has 1 goal this year. We're almost at the midpoint of the season and that's pretty sad. Rinaldo is better at what he does than what Testwuide is at doing what he's supposed to do.

Quote:
Seriously? Maybe if he worried more about playing hockey and less about becoming the mayor of Adirondack he'd have more than 1 goal

Old
01-01-2011, 11:46 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
Quote:
no he wont absolutely be an nhl player but has a much better shot than testicles. testicles is a 23 year old who has average skills that wont translate to the nhl. He isnt nhl material, sorry to upset you with that news.
Rinaldo has zero hockey skill. hes a forward version of Denis Gauthier. gets himself into trouble trying to throw that big hit. Only in this organization would be be thought of as having as a legit shot at making it, because its a Flyers tradition to have one stupid hockey player on the roster every season.

Old
01-02-2011, 01:06 AM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Octagon View Post
Rinaldo is a 4th line physical player. Testwuide is supposed to be a top 6 winger and he has 1 goal this year. We're almost at the midpoint of the season and that's pretty sad. Rinaldo is better at what he does than what Testwuide is at doing what he's supposed to do.

Seriously? Maybe if he worried more about playing hockey and less about becoming the mayor of Adirondack he'd have more than 1 goal
You know Rinaldo is playing on a scoring line right? Their third line isnt a run around line. He even has gotten 2nd line time. The guy hasnt shown anything.

Zac Rinaldo wont be anything. He will get the few games on the Flyers due to Homer liking those kinds of players. Lavy wont take his **** though and he will either be traded or buried in the AHL, where he should be. I cant wait till he plays his first game. Might even get a suspension. A few Flyers fans like that kind of stuff though so oh well.

Testwuide with 1 goal does suck... but from what Tim McManus (or might have been that other Phantom guy) has been saying the past few weeks, he has looked more like a playmaker since he got back from his injury. He has been setting up guys alot.

Last edited by sa cyred: 01-02-2011 at 01:12 AM.
Old
01-02-2011, 01:43 AM
sa cyred
Offseason...

On another note, Ranford scores another goal, totaling 29 goals in 38 games. HE currently has 59 points, 6 less points then his season high last season (which he hit in 72 games).

No one here probablly follows the WHL, but the Portland Winterhawks traded for Craig Cunningham , an overager but scored 97 points last season at 19.

Now they have Cunningham, Ty Rattie, Ryan Johansen, Sven Bartschi, Brad Ross, and Nino Niederreiter.

Talk about stacked on offense.

Old
01-02-2011, 03:16 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Rinaldo has zero hockey skill. hes a forward version of Denis Gauthier. gets himself into trouble trying to throw that big hit. Only in this organization would be be thought of as having as a legit shot at making it, because its a Flyers tradition to have one stupid hockey player on the roster every season.
Really? Name me one stupid player on the cup teams? Total ********. Anyone can name a player they have a hard on for. But tradition.......********

Old
01-02-2011, 03:17 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
On another note, Ranford scores another goal, totaling 29 goals in 38 games. HE currently has 59 points, 6 less points then his season high last season (which he hit in 72 games).

No one here probablly follows the WHL, but the Portland Winterhawks traded for Craig Cunningham , an overager but scored 97 points last season at 19.

Now they have Cunningham, Ty Rattie, Ryan Johansen, Sven Bartschi, Brad Ross, and Nino Niederreiter.

Talk about stacked on offense.
#1 Star also. Kid is really working on his skating.

Old
01-02-2011, 06:44 AM
jb**

Quote:

rinaldo has a decent skill set that can make it to the nhl. This is his first year and for better or worse he had to try to establish himself within the league by for lack of a better word living up to his reputation. He needs to concentrate on hockey. Next year he needs to evolve his game and develop his hockey skills.

You say who cares about rinaldo in Adirondack, ok. Who gives a **** about testicles playing Santa? Wow he does the videos.Maybe that is a good career move when hockey is over for him.

Old
01-02-2011, 06:59 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
This is the correct answer.
rinaldo will also play more nhl games than the great St Pat Maroon. How is he doing by the way Cliff?

Old
01-02-2011, 08:53 AM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
Really? Name me one stupid player on the cup teams? Total ********. Anyone can name a player they have a hard on for. But tradition.......********
Ben Eager

Old
01-02-2011, 09:49 AM
Ryker

So do we have any prospect (forward) at this moment that is likely to break into the NHL if not this year, next year? Because while other teams seem to be icing a lot of new players, we haven't really done that, apart from Bob, of course. Granted, in the past two years Giroux has established himself as a prominent player, as well as JVR, but still. People always say the Flyers have great depth, and while I guess that's true when everyone's healthy, what happens if one or two forwards get injured? Can, say, Kalinski step up?

Old
01-02-2011, 09:50 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
So do we have any prospect (forward) at this moment that is likely to break into the NHL if not this year, next year? Because while other teams seem to be icing a lot of new players, we haven't really done that, apart from Bob, of course. Granted, in the past two years Giroux has established himself as a prominent player, as well as JVR, but still. People always say the Flyers have great depth, and while I guess that's true when everyone's healthy, what happens if one or two forwards get injured? Can, say, Kalinski step up?
Wellwood has a nice shot.

Old
01-02-2011, 10:04 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Wellwood has a nice shot.
based on what? the 3 game stint he had earlier? based on his play in the ahl? As the resident prospect analyst please tell us fans why you believe he will be able to possibly step in next year.

Old
01-02-2011, 10:08 AM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
based on what? the 3 game stint he had earlier? based on his play in the ahl? As the resident prospect analyst please tell us fans why you believe he will be able to possibly step in next year.
One thing is Homer, Paddock and Paterson love Wellwood. Whenever asked what players are playing good, who is the one of the better prospects, they say Wellwood. Obviously no one knows who makes the team, but I would say right now, Wellwood has the best chance as a forward. Like you said about Rinloldo, whatever player Homer likes, and then in term Lavy likes, will have a great chance to make the team. You can easily tell that Wellwood is one of those players (especially after Paddock comments)

Old
01-02-2011, 10:10 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Holy crap Gustafsson is a -24?

Damn.

Closed Thread