HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

FLA Panthers v. PHX Coyotes | 8PM 12/4

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2010, 09:40 PM
Erick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Have a chance to win, and DeBo puts Booth out there? He's 1 outta 6 in the SO.
The shootout is a crapshoot, and he doesn't have much else to work with. Frolik was 1-11 before that GW.

Old
12-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Boooooth10

Yeah, Clemmensen had a great game tonight. He's been pretty solid so far this season.

Old
12-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Great game by Clemmer! Have we ever scored 3 shootout goals before?

-ghoste

Old
12-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Nice job by Frolik scoring both the regulation goal and the shootout clincher. I agree with some of you that Clemmer stole this game.

Old
12-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
Great game by Clemmer! Have we ever scored 3 shootout goals before?-ghoste
yes we have

Old
12-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Erick

Seems like a terrible road trip, but they actually went 2-2...

Old
12-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Erick

Sometimes Billy Lindsay talks like he's never played hockey before. How did this team play well tonight?

Phoenix would've had about 3 goals in the 1st period alone were it not for Clemmensen. Phoenix players were open in the slot all night. Clemmensen just so happened to stop everything, aside from the PP goal, which he was screened on.

The Panthers barely got scoring chances. The Frolik goal was a bad turnover they capitalized on...Dvorak had an opportunity on a bad rebound by Bryzgalov, and then they got one legit chance on the 5 on 3 in OT (horrible PP all night again, btw).

This was not a well-played game. If you're going to whine about the team deserving more points or whatever, at least call it both ways so the fans who are listening to you actually get the facts straight. The Panthers stole two in Phoenix. And yes...it just so happens to feel a lot better than the crap luck we've gotten for the most part.

Old
12-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Radek4Scoring
Holy Mackenoe!

Send a message via AIM to Radek4Scoring Send a message via Yahoo to Radek4Scoring
look.. bottom line is.. they won and thats that. im looking forward to the Tuesday night game vs Colorado. ill be going !!!! hoping to get a auto or pic with or of Sakic and Skrudland.! there having some 96 team throwback night or somethin..

Old
12-04-2010, 10:32 PM
Erick

Will they be wearing the throwback red jerseys on Tuesday? They should; that would be fun.

Old
12-05-2010, 02:48 AM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Only 9 points out of 8th spot 1/4th into the season lol

Old
12-05-2010, 05:40 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
Only 9 points out of 8th spot 1/4th into the season lol
Yean, but we have played 15 road games and only 10 at home. And we got games in hand too. But it is a problem.

Old
12-05-2010, 07:51 AM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Yean, but we have played 15 road games and only 10 at home. And we got games in hand too. But it is a problem.
Ah yes.. That's why we suck

Old
12-05-2010, 08:30 AM
Georgia Panther

Looks Like Dvorak Will Be Out Awhile

Dvorak injured

In the second period Panthers veteran right wing Radek Dvorak slid head-first into the boards after his breakaway attempt was stopped.

He appeared dazed before skating to the dressing room. Dvorak left the building with his left shoulder in a sling.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...tinel+Blogs%29

Old
12-05-2010, 09:19 AM
BabyJagrov

Our secondary scoring is going down, it's ugly... One cold-streak from our top guys (like the previous, I think they are getting out of it) and we will be in the basement !

It's been 25 games and our PP is putrid, it can't buy us a goal in a tight game we could win... Our top guns aren't clicking (due to injuries, lines juggling, etc...) and our secondary scoring is healthy or talented enough to show us the way... Bryan Allen and Jason Garrison struggling with injuries haven't helped our D, Kulikov suffering a bit like every other sophomore defenseman not named Drew Doughty and Weaver has BIG limitations, but I like Gord Murphy's work so far... We shouldn't worry about goaltending...

Good learning season with a top-5 pick in the end... Should be interesting next trade deadline !

Old
12-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post
Our secondary scoring is going down, it's ugly... One cold-streak from our top guys (like the previous, I think they are getting out of it) and we will be in the basement !

It's been 25 games and our PP is putrid, it can't buy us a goal in a tight game we could win... Our top guns aren't clicking (due to injuries, lines juggling, etc...) and our secondary scoring is healthy or talented enough to show us the way... Bryan Allen and Jason Garrison struggling with injuries haven't helped our D, Kulikov suffering a bit like every other sophomore defenseman not named Drew Doughty and Weaver has BIG limitations, but I like Gord Murphy's work so far... We shouldn't worry about goaltending...

Good learning season with a top-5 pick in the end... Should be interesting next trade deadline !
The Oilers are playing well too...I like it.

Old
12-05-2010, 03:11 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Clemmer certainly stole the game for us and it was probably the best outing I've ever seen him in during his tenure with the Panthers. Besides Frolik deciding to wake up for a chance, overall I think we played pretty terrible and if it were the typical Clemmensen in goal, it could have easily been a 5-1 victory for the Yotes.

Old
12-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Frolik was hot, so I picked him up for my Fantasy team, then he goes cold. Dropped him the other day, he gets hot again. Don't worry, I won't pick him up again, let's see how he finishes.

12-05-2010, 08:25 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Frolik was hot, so I picked him up for my Fantasy team, then he goes cold. Dropped him the other day, he gets hot again. Don't worry, I won't pick him up again, let's see how he finishes.
Unfortunately, it sounds like he's becoming another Horton with the hot & cold streaks, but the only difference is that at least he's trying every game.

Old
12-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
Unfortunately, it sounds like he's becoming another Horton with the hot & cold streaks, but the only difference is that at least he's trying every game.
He is? I'm hoping he's not.
Because if he is consistently trying hard, that would mean that no matter how hard he tries, he'll always be a soft player.

Old
12-05-2010, 11:19 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
It's interesting to see so much hate for Horton now that he's gone. I know many of you here disliked the guy while he was here too so it's not like I'm calling you hypocrites, but despite his shady efforts, I WISH we had someone on our current team that had even half of Horton's finishing ability. Sure he floated and looked lazy out there but Horton on his best days was twice as good as Frolik is on his best days, and Horton on his worst days is at least equal to Frolik when Frolik floats or is invisible (a common occurence lately). I'm a big Frolik fan but Nate was a much better producer and had bigger impacts on games than Frolik has thus far, even in spite of his floating.

Old
12-05-2010, 11:44 PM
Erick

^Horton was this team's playmaker. We no longer have one. So yeah, I agree.

Horton made Weiss and Booth better; not the other way around. While I like Weiss and Booth, they are small players, and not necessarily playmakers (especially Booth).

Without Horton on their line this year, those guys no longer have space to score goals, etc.

Booth has always been a shooter, but I've never seen him take so many bad-angle shots before.

Weiss has been extremely disappointing, and I'm surprised he doesn't get more **** around here. Seriously, he's supposed to be the #1 center on the team.
Worst. #1. Center. in the NHL.

Old
12-06-2010, 04:16 AM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post

Horton made Weiss and Booth better; not the other way around. While I like Weiss and Booth, they are small players, and not necessarily playmakers (especially Booth).

Without Horton on their line this year, those guys no longer have space to score goals, etc.

Booth has always been a shooter, but I've never seen him take so many bad-angle shots before.

Weiss has been extremely disappointing, and I'm surprised he doesn't get more **** around here. Seriously, he's supposed to be the #1 center on the team.
No1 really get's **** around here anymore. People are just fed up and dont bother to complain anymore. It's useless because nothing will change. We've seen this masterplan re-run for 10 years or so now. Hopefully 3-4 years down the road this team will be turned into Tallon's hard nosed, hard working, talented team but that might be too fast too. With the Panthers they might fire Tallon before that

Last edited by Mogo: 12-06-2010 at 04:25 AM.
Old
12-06-2010, 10:07 AM
ShootIt

Quote:
Toronto says hello.

Old
12-06-2010, 10:30 AM
RainingRats

Quote:

Like most of our players, Weiss is playing out of position.

Old
12-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:

We need a big guy playing on that first line to create space out there for Weiss/Booth. Frolik isn't that big forward. In a perfect world, we draft Couturier, sign Semin and have a true 1st line out there.

Booth-Couturier-Semin
Frolik-Weiss-Matthias

Weiss is more suited for 2nd line center and actually putting him there next year along with making him captain will give him enough confidence IMO to get new career highs in points.

I'll admit though getting both Couturier and Semin at this point though are just pipe dreams.

Closed Thread