HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rangers WANT Richards

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-05-2010, 12:21 AM
  #151
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 54,551
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
He said it. Don't be mad.
He said Toronto is certainly a place that is attractive to big names. He never said "I want to be a Maple Leaf". Why the hell would he choose Toronto over NYR who will:

a. Pay him just as much

b. Has a MUCH brighter future

c. A MUCH better team

d. Is closer to being a threat

????

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 12:22 AM
  #152
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
Why trade for Richards when he wants to sign with Toronto? Do the Rangers think they are winning the cup this year?
i'm sure he wants to go to one of the worst teams of the decade.......he has ties with Tortarella in NY and they will give him the money to be the man to C Gaborik...........I am on the don't trade for him side and get him as a UFA

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 01:28 AM
  #153
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army
 
Peter Sidorkiewicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
I assume there would be give and take on both sides when they NEGOTIATE. Apparently the Stars will be wanting a D and a center replacement who is young and something to build off in the future. Obviously the Rangers want to remain competetive so core players are likely off the table. Worst case they don't get him and build off of what is a very nice team now.

Salary comes into play as usual unlike on HF.

Rozsival will be going to Dallas if any deal gets done, simply financial.
Anisimov will probably be the most likely center to move.
Conditional 1st if Richards resigns (I assume highly likely)
Grachev/Werek/Vtank/McD - one of these prospects and a smaller salary dump - probably Gilroy/Fedetenko/or White

I think if a deal require anything further the point of exit for NY chimes in the deal falls apart.
Hate to give you a dose of reality but Dallas will be the one dictating the deal not New York.

They are not going to want Rozsival if he is going to become an UFA next season. Basically New York has to dump Rozsival in another deal or demote him if they want to be serious in the Richards sweepstakes (and it will be a sweepstakes).

Also, there will be no conditional first round pick. A first round pick has to be included (without condition) whether Richards is going to sign in the off season or not.

As mention earlier, if you use the Kovy/Hossa template Dallas will probably ask for Giraldi, Anismov, Grachev and a 1st round pick in exchange for Richards and a dman they are happy to give up (Daley?).

Lastly, Dallas has an internal salary cap, they won't be taking on any salary dumps (Gilroy, White etc)

Peter Sidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 01:43 AM
  #154
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts
 
DapperDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: place
Country: United States
Posts: 2,883
vCash: 500
If it's going to happen, the return has to be two-fold from the Rangers: cap-compliance based and strong futures based. Something like the following:

Rozsival
White/Prospal

Stepan
McDonagh
1st

for

Richards
Niskanen

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 01:55 AM
  #155
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz View Post
Hate to give you a dose of reality but Dallas will be the one dictating the deal not New York.

They are not going to want Rozsival if he is going to become an UFA next season. Basically New York has to dump Rozsival in another deal or demote him if they want to be serious in the Richards sweepstakes (and it will be a sweepstakes).

Also, there will be no conditional first round pick. A first round pick has to be included (without condition) whether Richards is going to sign in the off season or not.

As mention earlier, if you use the Kovy/Hossa template Dallas will probably ask for Giraldi, Anismov, Grachev and a 1st round pick in exchange for Richards and a dman they are happy to give up (Daley?).

Lastly, Dallas has an internal salary cap, they won't be taking on any salary dumps (Gilroy, White etc)
That package right there would be FAR better than anything the Thrashers got for Hossa or Kovalchuk. Girardi is a top-pairing defenseman on the Rangers and most likely a top-4 defenseman signed long-term on a great deal. Grachev is one of the Rangers top prospects AND you want Anisimov who is the Rangers 2nd line center and on pace for 50+ points. All the while you add in a 1st rounder for hsits and giggles. There is no way that is the price for a rental in Richards.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 01:56 AM
  #156
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
If it's going to happen, the return has to be two-fold from the Rangers: cap-compliance based and strong futures based. Something like the following:

Rozsival
White/Prospal

Stepan
McDonagh
1st

for

Richards
Niskanen
I would be SHOCKED if the Rangers would trade Stepan for a rental. SHOCKED. They LOVE the kid, and for good reason.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 02:18 AM
  #157
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army
 
Peter Sidorkiewicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
That package right there would be FAR better than anything the Thrashers got for Hossa or Kovalchuk. Girardi is a top-pairing defenseman on the Rangers and most likely a top-4 defenseman signed long-term on a great deal. Grachev is one of the Rangers top prospects AND you want Anisimov who is the Rangers 2nd line center and on pace for 50+ points. All the while you add in a 1st rounder for hsits and giggles. There is no way that is the price for a rental in Richards.
I disagree, I think it is comparable.

Giraldi = Oduya - top 4 defenseman signed for a few years to a decent contract. Oduya also regularly was paired on NJ's first pairing as a shut down dman like Giraldi.
Grachev =/< Cormier - Cormier was NJ's top prospect, Grachev is not Rangers top prospect (Kreider). Dallas are going to want a forward given they are losing a forward so I don't think they would want McDonagh.
Anisimov = Bergfors. I think these two have similar potential. Dallas needs a ready made center to fill the first line (much like Atlanta did with regards to getting a ready made winger for Kovy). Christiansen is too inconsistent, Boyle has been good but his current goalscoring numbers may be a fluke. Anisimov is the only option imo.
1st round pick is a necessary as with all blockbuster rental deals, if NY are smart like NJ they would ask for Dallas 2nd round pick also in return.

Peter Sidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 02:58 AM
  #158
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke
 
bluesfan94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 6,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz View Post
I disagree, I think it is comparable.

Giraldi = Oduya - top 4 defenseman signed for a few years to a decent contract. Oduya also regularly was paired on NJ's first pairing as a shut down dman like Giraldi.
Grachev =/< Cormier - Cormier was NJ's top prospect, Grachev is not Rangers top prospect (Kreider). Dallas are going to want a forward given they are losing a forward so I don't think they would want McDonagh.
Anisimov = Bergfors. I think these two have similar potential. Dallas needs a ready made center to fill the first line (much like Atlanta did with regards to getting a ready made winger for Kovy). Christiansen is too inconsistent, Boyle has been good but his current goalscoring numbers may be a fluke. Anisimov is the only option imo.
1st round pick is a necessary as with all blockbuster rental deals, if NY are smart like NJ they would ask for Dallas 2nd round pick also in return.
That is a warped way of judging prospects. Tim Erixon is quite a bit worse than Jordan Eberle, even though Erixon's Calgary's second best prospect and Eberle is the Oiler's third best prospect.
I also think that Girardi is a little bit better than Oduya.

bluesfan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 03:12 AM
  #159
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,856
vCash: 50
First off, Richards is not Kovalchuk. Kovy was a 27 year old, consistant 50 goal scorer when he was dealt. Richards is on the wrong side of 30, and hasnt put up close to the offensive numbers Kovalchuk has, at least in terms of goal scoring.

Now Im of the opinion that speculation on the price is pretty useless at this point. Any ranger could be in the deal potentially outside of Henrik Lundqvist. But don't rule anything out just because us hfboarders think it is a bad deal

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 03:17 AM
  #160
Brand New Stars
Registered User
 
Brand New Stars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: McKinney/C-Stat, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 3,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
First off, Richards is not Kovalchuk. Kovy was a 27 year old, consistant 50 goal scorer when he was dealt. Richards is on the wrong side of 30, and hasnt put up close to the offensive numbers Kovalchuk has, at least in terms of goal scoring.

Now Im of the opinion that speculation on the price is pretty useless at this point. Any ranger could be in the deal potentially outside of Henrik Lundqvist. But don't rule anything out just because us hfboarders think it is a bad deal
Major difference is that Richards is very close to being a PPG player in the playoffs and has a Conn Smythe while Kovy didn't have a playoff resume. Oh and unless it were the Devils or a team like LA, Kovy would've most certainly been a rental because of insane salary demands. Richards could be resigned by more teams than Kovalchuk could.

Brand New Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 05:30 AM
  #161
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhye View Post
Why are Dubinsky and Callahan off-limits? You have to give to get. Do you expect Dallas trade Richards for Redden?
You do realize Dubinsky and Callahan are group II's with salary arbitration rights?

$4 million per.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 05:37 AM
  #162
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz View Post
Hate to give you a dose of reality but Dallas will be the one dictating the deal not New York.

They are not going to want Rozsival if he is going to become an UFA next season. Basically New York has to dump Rozsival in another deal or demote him if they want to be serious in the Richards sweepstakes (and it will be a sweepstakes).

Also, there will be no conditional first round pick. A first round pick has to be included (without condition) whether Richards is going to sign in the off season or not.

As mention earlier, if you use the Kovy/Hossa template Dallas will probably ask for Giraldi, Anismov, Grachev and a 1st round pick in exchange for Richards and a dman they are happy to give up (Daley?).

Lastly, Dallas has an internal salary cap, they won't be taking on any salary dumps (Gilroy, White etc)
Brad Richards will be DICTATING the deal. He has the NO MOVEMENT CLAUSE.

Which teams will be the SWEEPSTAKES? How many teams were in the Kovalchuk SWEEPSTAKES last winter?

Atlanta wanted a ridiculous amount from the Rangers for Kovalchuk and they took less from NJ.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 06:37 AM
  #163
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 12,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz View Post
I disagree, I think it is comparable.

Giraldi = Oduya - top 4 defenseman signed for a few years to a decent contract. Oduya also regularly was paired on NJ's first pairing as a shut down dman like Giraldi.
Grachev =/< Cormier - Cormier was NJ's top prospect, Grachev is not Rangers top prospect (Kreider). Dallas are going to want a forward given they are losing a forward so I don't think they would want McDonagh.
Anisimov = Bergfors. I think these two have similar potential. Dallas needs a ready made center to fill the first line (much like Atlanta did with regards to getting a ready made winger for Kovy). Christensen is too inconsistent, Boyle has been good but his current goalscoring numbers may be a fluke. Anisimov is the only option imo.
1st round pick is a necessary as with all blockbuster rental deals, if NY are smart like NJ they would ask for Dallas 2nd round pick also in return.
No he wasn't. Tedenby and Josefson were. In fact, Cormier was somewhat "damaged" goods due to the suspension. Lou saw a chance to dump him, and found a taker.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 07:06 AM
  #164
racer90
Registered User
 
racer90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorhall4EDM View Post
MDZ + callahan/dubinsy + pick for richards
pure genius

racer90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 07:57 AM
  #165
dashripdot
Registered User
 
dashripdot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz View Post
Hate to give you a dose of reality but Dallas will be the one dictating the deal not New York.

They are not going to want Rozsival if he is going to become an UFA next season. Basically New York has to dump Rozsival in another deal or demote him if they want to be serious in the Richards sweepstakes (and it will be a sweepstakes).

Also, there will be no conditional first round pick. A first round pick has to be included (without condition) whether Richards is going to sign in the off season or not.

As mention earlier, if you use the Kovy/Hossa template Dallas will probably ask for Giraldi, Anismov, Grachev and a 1st round pick in exchange for Richards and a dman they are happy to give up (Daley?).

Lastly, Dallas has an internal salary cap, they won't be taking on any salary dumps (Gilroy, White etc)
With no guarantee that Richards re-signs with the team that trades for him (whether now or at the deadline) because he'll have his choice of teams as a UFA, Dallas dictates almost nothing. If their asking price is too high for the interested teams, all of those teams simply walk away and Dallas is left holding the bag. The ATL-PIT and NJ-ATL deals mentioned above don't approach the excessive cost that is being speculated about for the Rangers to get him. Rangers know they have better than a puncher's chance to get him as a UFA, so why give away the store when they don't have to?

dashripdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 07:58 AM
  #166
msv957
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Richards and Daley for Rozsival, McDonagh, Grachev, 1st, and White at the deadline. I've been saying it for months now. Watch what happens.
This is a STEAL for the Rangers!! Get it done Slats!!

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 08:04 AM
  #167
MatthewT
Registered User
 
MatthewT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo64 View Post
pure genius
sick avatar, I remember that game all to well

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 08:06 AM
  #168
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
First off, Richards is not Kovalchuk. Kovy was a 27 year old, consistant 50 goal scorer when he was dealt. Richards is on the wrong side of 30, and hasnt put up close to the offensive numbers Kovalchuk has, at least in terms of goal scoring.

Now Im of the opinion that speculation on the price is pretty useless at this point. Any ranger could be in the deal potentially outside of Henrik Lundqvist. But don't rule anything out just because us hfboarders think it is a bad deal
Thats true but Richards can still be a very productive player that shows up in playoffs unlike Ilya. PPG in playoffs has to count for something

imo he is worth 1st round pick, a prospect (maybe even an X 1st round pick) and a young player.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 08:06 AM
  #169
msv957
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
Why trade for Richards when he wants to sign with Toronto? Do the Rangers think they are winning the cup this year?
Yes!! if the Rangers get Richards this year, he will be the first line center for Gaborik. The first line would be dynamic... This team then will have (3) very good scoring lines with a lot of depth.

The defense on the Rangers is very, very, very good... If Hank plays elite in nets that he is paid to do.. This team can make a cup run..

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 08:08 AM
  #170
PoutineSp00nZ
Beat that $%^& Bryan
 
PoutineSp00nZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
He said Toronto is certainly a place that is attractive to big names. He never said "I want to be a Maple Leaf". Why the hell would he choose Toronto over NYR who will:

a. Pay him just as much

b. Has a MUCH brighter future

c. A MUCH better team

d. Is closer to being a threat

????
Because it's Toronto and every Canadian player in the league would rather play there than have a chance to win a stanley cup.

Get with the times, dude.

PoutineSp00nZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 08:41 AM
  #171
tony d
Thanks for memories
 
tony d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Behind A Tree
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,044
vCash: 500
To N.Y. Rangers:

Brad Richards

To Dallas:

Michal Rozival
Michael Del Zotto
Brandon Dubinsky
1st Round Pick 2011

tony d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 08:51 AM
  #172
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
To N.Y. Rangers:

Brad Richards

To Dallas:

Michal Rozival
Michael Del Zotto
Brandon Dubinsky
1st Round Pick 2011
I do not think NYR will offer Dubinsky for Richards. Thats like asking Flyers to trade Giroux.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 08:57 AM
  #173
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,640
vCash: 500
If a pending UFA Kovalchuk (At 27 years old and one if not the top goal scorer since the lockout) got Odyua (May be a top 4 d-man), Bergfors (a good young player, no where near as good as Callahan/Dubinsky), Cormier (A talented but extremely troubled prospect) and a first, Richards will not get even that.

I won't even bring Dallas' financial situation into this and whether or not they would be able to re-sign him, because I do not know the specifics of it.

Also, looking at the Hossa trade, Christiansen was waiver wire material, Esposito is a talented prospect, but again troubled (Injury/consistancy issues), Colby Armstrong (Again no where in the league of Callahan/Dubinsky right now), and a 1st.

I'd say Richards falls inbetween the offers of Kovalchuk and Hossa.

So Dallas more then likely would not get players like Dubinsky, Stepan, Kreider, Callahan, MDZ, etc in a trade.

Pending UFA's that might not re-sign with their respective teams will not net their true value in a trade. It's happened several times since the lockout. I don't understand why some people can't grasp this on here.

UAGoalieGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 09:00 AM
  #174
Omar Little
Omar comin yo
 
Omar Little's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,849
vCash: 500
Except that Giroux >>>>>> Dubinsky

Omar Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 09:03 AM
  #175
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Reynolds View Post
Except that Giroux >>>>>> Dubinsky
Eh, I wouldn't say Giroux is >>>>>>> better then Dubinsky. Similar goals/points just looking at statisics. I would say Giroux is a better player then Dubinsky, but the gap is not that large as you make it out to be.

UAGoalieGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.