HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#29 - 12.05.2010 | Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers | 5:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
12-05-2010, 07:47 PM
OverTheCap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
Erik Christensen is a compete waste. He teases us 1 out of every 10 games.

He had ZERO SOG, 16 minutes TOI, a minus 1 and was responsible for the GWG cos' he was standing around flatfooted. He loses 9 out of 10 puck battles along the boards. Never wins a face-off when we REALLY need it. The guy just plain sucks.
Aside from the fact that he's inconsistent, one of the things that has bothered me is that he is below average defensively for a center. In a 1-1 game with less than 3 minutes remaining, you cannot let a guy blow by you like that.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 07:47 PM
noupf

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
Not to respond to a fight, but I really don't like when people don't realize that different teams use different strategies, and a fast, high-pressure team (like Ottawa) can take advantage of bad ice (turnovers), while a team that does better when they possess the puck (the Rangers) struggle on bad ice, because they're constantly fighting the bouncing puck.
Not to continue the non fight......but Thats actually not too bad of an argument.

noupf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 07:49 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

That non-call on the trip by Gabs was nuts. I missed that part of the game, but Ruutu's ****ing stick goes flying out of his hands because it's in between Gaborik's legs.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 07:49 PM
SRTtoZ

Bob Costas looks like a ****** right now on NBC. Nice hat

SRTtoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
That non-call on the trip by Gabs was nuts. I missed that part of the game, but Ruutu's ****ing stick goes flying out of his hands because it's in between Gaborik's legs.
It was interesting he didn't get an unsportsmanlike for going out of his way to kick the puck in the net... but hey the refs weren't calling much. Even a 10 minute no loss of manpower would have fit the bill.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 07:54 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Torts didn't see the trip?

Is he being sarcastic? I hope so.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 07:54 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Erik Christensen is a compete waste. He teases us 1 out of every 10 games.

He had ZERO SOG, 16 minutes TOI, a minus 1 and was responsible for the GWG cos' he was standing around flatfooted. He loses 9 out of 10 puck battles along the boards. Never wins a face-off when we REALLY need it. The guy just plain sucks.
I could not agree more, I think he is one of the biggest mistakes this team is making right now. He is absolutely useless and is taking a prime spot on a line with gabby. What will it take for this team to dump this bum.

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 07:55 PM
noupf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
It was interesting he didn't get an unsportsmanlike for going out of his way to kick the puck in the net... but hey the refs weren't calling much. Even a 10 minute no loss of manpower would have fit the bill.
avery would have gotten an unsportsman like conduct called against him......but hey, i guess thats what u get....."selective penalty calling", brought to you by the New NHL.

noupf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
redfzn

torts just said in the presser that ott's shg was bc of an awful pass by gabs to stepan and that he didn't notice that he got tripped and there was a missed call...

... but then when it comes to ott's gwg he says it's a blown coverage and he's not gonna dissect the play right now in regards to what player.

redfzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
trilobyte

Quote:
Perhaps there is a place in the game for the challenge? If you needed an example, that would be a good one.
That's what kills me about officiating. It's a focus play, as in that's where the eyeballs are, similar to Crosby's slewfoot of Cally.

I am in no way questioning the overall officiating of the game, but I have trouble believing that the refs know what a penalty is some times.
The second breakaway by Gaborik was handled fine, in my opinion, but the first was a trip if ever you saw one.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Blazephr

Quote:
How was it his man? Everyone is dying to blame him on this board, actually it was Eminger who was standing around with no one just watching.

Chris Kelly skated right around EC and watched him do it. EC was the most logical forward to pick him up. Eminger thought EC was gonna do his job rather than just stand there.... so Eminger chose to cover the other Senator crashing the net.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 07:56 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Torts didn't see the trip?

Is he being sarcastic? I hope so.
Sadly i dont think he's being sarcastic

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 07:59 PM
redfzn

gabs was the only player he blasted during the presser after saying he wasn't going to dissect anything and blame any one player.

redfzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 08:00 PM
SML

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfzn View Post
torts just said in the presser that ott's shg was bc of an awful pass by gabs to stepan and that he didn't notice that he got tripped and there was a missed call...

... but then when it comes to ott's gwg he says it's a blown coverage and he's not gonna dissect the play right now in regards to what player.
Tortorella is a scapegoating POS. He'll say anything he can to take the heat off himself, and when he can't do it he refuses to talk about it. The problem is what coach puts a rookie forward out at the point on the PP? What coach then calls out his best player publicly before he's had a chance to even see the play. What a piece of garbage. He's a terrible coach, I've had enough of him, and AFAIC, I can't wait for him to get the hell out of here.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Chris Kelly skated right around EC and watched him do it. EC was the most logical forward to pick him up. Eminger thought EC was gonna do his job rather than just stand there.... so Eminger chose to cover the other Senator crashing the net.
There was no other senator crashing to the net... Eminger was alone watching the play. This is typical blame EC by this board. The guy is a stopgap, he most likely will not be on the team next season, but hey no one likes him so it was his fault. I agree that Anisimov should be given a shot with Gaborik, but unfortunately I am not Torts cause if I was I'd make some changes.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Blazephr

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfzn View Post

Thanks to E.C.!! He looked like a complete boob after the GWG with his head hung down low into his chest. Whatever confidence he had going for himself will be shot for the rest of December. Just get rid of this loser already.

Old
12-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Stepan was much more responsible for the first goal against than Christensen was the second. But as usual, if you are a Ranger draft pick you get a pass.

The whole game came down to failing to capitalize on opportunities. Dubinsky, Staal, Frolov, Boyle, Stepan, one of those sparkling chances needed to find twine. We didnt get one, and deserved to lose.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Blazephr

Quote:
There was no other senator crashing to the net... Eminger was alone watching the play. This is typical blame EC by this board. The guy is a stopgap, he most likely will not be on the team next season, but hey no one likes him so it was his fault. I agree that Anisimov should be given a shot with Gaborik, but unfortunately I am not Torts cause if I was I'd make some changes.
trust me, you're wrong. EC was supposed to pick-up Kelley. You're only seeing Eminger at the last second. Watch the replay from the other end of the ice that shows the whole play develop. EC was standing there flat-footed while Kelley skated right around him. At that point, Eminger was picking up another Sens player then skated over toward Kelley cos' he was all alone.

Old
12-05-2010, 08:07 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
I guess there is a reason why he is a stopgap, as you term it. Useless play by EC, shows how little he has on the ball. I don't care about next season, but I do care about how much is left in this one.

There are reasons why people question EC. It is fine to say he is a stopgap. It is just as fine to not want to have that stopgap around.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Pugs35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTtoZ View Post
I feel like a r a p e victim after watching that.
Wow, this just epitomizes the overreaction on this board.

Yeah, they were terrible in the first, but Leclaire just played really well, coupled with some (alot) missed shots and you've got what we just saw.

I also thought the Powerplay created some pretty decent chances, we just couldn't finish all night

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 08:09 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Best to just forget about this game. It was a terrible effort from a team that we know is capable of much more, and generally plays with much more intensity. They'll have Ottawa's number on Thursday, bank on it.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 08:09 PM
lbrowne

We lost a close game a with a day break between back to backs. (wins at that)

Whatever - move on.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 08:13 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

You guys are the most ****ing bipolar fans I've ever seen. We lost a game to a hungrier team. It's not the end of the ******* world.

MetalGodAOD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 08:14 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Will not dwell on the negative because it sounds like there are enough people doing that. Stepan had a number of chances around the crease and was one of his more active games. I think he has been pretty good on the PP point and felt the PP moved the puck fairly well tonight. Michael Sauer continues to impress me. His head-man passes and puck composure in the defensive zone are outstanding.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 08:17 PM
morffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Stepan was much more responsible for the first goal against than Christensen was the second. But as usual, if you are a Ranger draft pick you get a pass.

The whole game came down to failing to capitalize on opportunities. Dubinsky, Staal, Frolov, Boyle, Stepan, one of those sparkling chances needed to find twine. We didnt get one, and deserved to lose.
you get a break when youre a kid playing his 29th prof game.

morffin is offline   Reply With Quote