Tiger back?

Old
12-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewT View Post
You are aware that he won the US Open at Pebble Beach right? Something only Tiger, Jack, Watson and Tom Kite have done. Greame is a player.
flukes happen. I know he won the open, but it was a fluke. The guy is simply not a great player, and those putts he made, were simply outstanding. You don't consistently drain putts like that unless you are a great player.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 08:48 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
flukes happen. I know he won the open, but it was a fluke. The guy is simply not a great player, and those putts he made, were simply outstanding. You don't consistently drain putts like that unless you are a great player.
GMac is absolutely not a fluke. He's got game and is a tremendous putter.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ ʞooqǝɔɐℲ

As much as I want to call out a lot of these major winners for being one-hit wonders and flukes, Graem is no fluke

He won the open and this tournament, therefore he is no fluke

Now the others who won the majors, including Immalman...tha'ts a different story. But right now Graem is no fluke

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 09:46 AM
MatthewT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
As much as I want to call out a lot of these major winners for being one-hit wonders and flukes, Graem is no fluke

He won the open and this tournament, therefore he is no fluke

Now the others who won the majors, including Immalman...tha'ts a different story. But right now Graem is no fluke

Trevor's green jacket was a fluke, hasn't even got a top 10 since

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 03:56 PM
MatthewT

3 under 69 to start. Not bad at all.

Interesting to note another former winner (of Buick/Farmers) in John Daly shot 67

Old
01-27-2011, 05:08 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Tiger didn't putt very well. Let a lot of chances go by the wayside. Daly did a good job with his putter, but was launching the ball all over the place as he usually does.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 10:43 PM
Cruiser008

Man have things changed. The old Tiger seemed to be all over the hole with every shot during tournaments such as the Match Play championships. The new Tiger, all he can find is bush these days.

Cruiser008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 07:31 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser008 View Post
Man have things changed. The old Tiger seemed to be all over the hole with every shot during tournaments such as the Match Play championships. The new Tiger, all he can find is bush these days.
He is clearly still struggling with the "new swing". On the 19th tee he looked completely uncomfortable and, as a result, couldn't hit a fairway that is 200 yards wide with a 3-wood!

Old
02-24-2011, 10:41 AM
MatthewT

Tigers short game is what is surprising, but I guess his lack of confidence with his swing is effecting the rest of his game.

Old
02-24-2011, 11:01 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Tigers short game is what is surprising, but I guess his lack of confidence with his swing is effecting the rest of his game.
Frankly it's all very surprising, starting with the infidelity to the complete collapse of his game.

I know it will never happen, but he should go back to Butch Harmon to get his game back. I do not like what I see with his swing at all and, even though he is practicing a ton, clearly he's not comfortable with it.

All the guy did was hit fairways when he had to with that 3-wood stinger and now he refuses to hit it. Obviously I'm not a world class golfer, but I am a single digit handicap and I like having a go to shot when I know I have to hit a fairway. Tiger used to have that and now he doesn't.

I am still blown away that he put his tee shot on the 19th hole in the desert. He had that match won if he could have hit the fairway. What's even more surprising is that he missed by playing "safe" with the 3-wood. IMO there's nothing worse than hitting a bad shot when you chose the "safe" play.

Old
02-27-2011, 05:34 PM
MatthewT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
Frankly it's all very surprising, starting with the infidelity to the complete collapse of his game.

I know it will never happen, but he should go back to Butch Harmon to get his game back. I do not like what I see with his swing at all and, even though he is practicing a ton, clearly he's not comfortable with it.

All the guy did was hit fairways when he had to with that 3-wood stinger and now he refuses to hit it. Obviously I'm not a world class golfer, but I am a single digit handicap and I like having a go to shot when I know I have to hit a fairway. Tiger used to have that and now he doesn't.

I am still blown away that he put his tee shot on the 19th hole in the desert. He had that match won if he could have hit the fairway. What's even more surprising is that he missed by playing "safe" with the 3-wood. IMO there's nothing worse than hitting a bad shot when you chose the "safe" play.
Tiger will give Foley more time, he said himself is an 18 month process or so. Even if Tiger wanted to go back to Butch I would be surprised if Butch took him, especially since hes with Mickelson.

Old
02-28-2011, 10:02 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Tiger will give Foley more time, he said himself is an 18 month process or so. Even if Tiger wanted to go back to Butch I would be surprised if Butch took him, especially since hes with Mickelson.
Butch will take anyone who will pay him. The fact that he is with Mickelson (for swing only) is irrelevant.

Old
03-13-2011, 12:04 PM
MatthewT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
Butch will take anyone who will pay him. The fact that he is with Mickelson (for swing only) is irrelevant.
I don't buy this one bit, Tiger was his most dominant with Butch, besides money Butch does not have any real incentive to go back with Tiger. By allowing Tiger to struggle with other teachers it just shows how strong his philosophies and techniques are.

You can't tell me one bit that Mickelson wouldn't have a problem with Butch and Tiger reuniting.

Old
03-14-2011, 01:08 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
I don't buy this one bit, Tiger was his most dominant with Butch, besides money Butch does not have any real incentive to go back with Tiger. By allowing Tiger to struggle with other teachers it just shows how strong his philosophies and techniques are.

You can't tell me one bit that Mickelson wouldn't have a problem with Butch and Tiger reuniting.
There are a limited amount of swing coaches out there and they all work with various players. It's just part of the deal.

It will never happen, but I assure you that if Tiger called Butch up that they'd be working together the next day. Just think at how much it would improve Butch's legacy (keeping in mind that he's an egomaniac, which is partly why Tiger left him to begin with) to take a fallen Tiger back to elite status again.