HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Time to trade deadweight?

Old
12-06-2010, 11:52 AM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
EC has all the talent in the world...just no heart!

So, whatever he is making it is too much.
I understand what you meant here but EC does not have much talent, let alone "all in the world".

What he has is the correct ability to play hockey, which much of this team lacks.

In other words, he's not a grinder. But he's inconsistent, and, like you mentioned, a bit of a cancer in terms of heart.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Scooter17

trade deadweight for more deadweight?

Scooter17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Orr Nightmare

This is dead weight...

Drury
Rozival
White

That is $15 million dollars a year for mediocre players..

For all the Rozy lovers...he is soft, overpaid and doesn't score points...so, he makes a good first pass when someone is not on him...

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 11:56 AM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
This is dead weight...

Drury
Rozival
White

That is $15 million dollars a year for mediocre players..

For all the Rozy lovers...he is soft, overpaid and doesn't score points...so, he makes a good first pass when someone is not on him...
Also dead weight, but Drury is immovable and Rozsival may be moved this summer. If not, he is only with us one more year. He is overpaid but he has been one of our better defenders for the past few years including this one.

White, forget about it. I don't have any arguments. I can't even fathom a reason why he's still with the team. Wasted $. Will be little to no trade deadline movement from a Rangers perspective.

Old
12-06-2010, 11:58 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
Also dead weight, but Drury is immovable and Rozsival may be moved this summer. If not, he is only with us one more year. He is overpaid but he has been one of our better defenders for the past few years including this one.

White, forget about it. I don't have any arguments. I can't even fathom a reason why he's still with the team. Wasted $. Will be little to no trade deadline movement from a Rangers perspective.
White will be gone once Drury returns.

12-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Cant help but think a couple of months from now Frolov will be the "you dont trade assets while battling for a playoff spot!!!" prime example, especially when/if he starts scoring a few goals.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 12:05 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
White will be gone once Drury returns.
We still have paid him over $750k to date, to provide us with 2 points, and be a healthy scratch in over half of our games--surpassing the 10-minute mark of playing time in only 3 of those games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Cant help but think a couple of months from now Frolov will be the "you dont trade assets while battling for a playoff spot!!!" prime example, especially when/if he starts scoring a few goals.
I would remove Frolov upon opportunity regardless, albeit if we are in playoff position or not.

Old
12-06-2010, 12:11 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
We still have paid him over $750k to date, to provide us with 2 points, and be a healthy scratch in over half of our games--surpassing the 10-minute mark of playing time in only 3 of those games.
They need to fill the roster. Who's he keeping from being here?

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 12:23 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
They need to fill the roster. Who's he keeping from being here?
Grachev, Kennedy, Zuc-Aasen, Weise (I know he was injured), Byers (before trade), even Jeremy Williams.

I have reason to believe all of the above players could have contributed at least the same amount that Todd White has if not more (likely), at less of a cost.

Previously in the year there was a Kennedy vs. White choice. How White won that affair confuses me.

Also, before the injury bug hit, White was an extra. And was sitting for no reason. Like he is now.

Old
12-06-2010, 12:28 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Grachev, Kennedy, Zuc-Aasen, Weise (I know he was injured), Byers (before trade), even Jeremy Williams.

I have reason to believe all of the above players could have contributed at least the same amount that Todd White has if not more (likely), at less of a cost.

Previously in the year there was a Kennedy vs. White choice. How White won that affair confuses me.

Also, before the injury bug hit, White was an extra. And was sitting for no reason. Like he is now.
If the role calls for a guy to sit in the press box 75% of the time, I don't want Grachev, Zucarello, Weise or Williams doing that. I want them to play even if that means in Hartford.

I don't want them producing at least what White does. I want them to produce more.

I'll agree that White over Kennedy was a strange choice, but White being here really is not having a huge effect on the team negatively or positively.

Old
12-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:

I would imagine the Rangers think those kids would be best served developing and playing games everyday instead of being a healthy scratch that majority of the time like White - as has been noted, White is gone the minute Drury gets back, so I dont see much of an issue.

You have a good point with the Kennedy vs. White thing, especially since its pretty evident Kennedy wont be brought back on re-entry since he'll almost certainly be claimed.

Old
12-06-2010, 12:32 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

I understand and would not want some of those players sitting in the press box half the time either, but I would have played those players over White, and not had them sit. If anything, I would have sat Boogaard, etc.

That's just me though. I'm not the coach.

I can bash heads with Tortorella and his decisions all day, but at the end of the day, I can at least admit that I have the utmost respect for him as a coach and the way he handles his team--he wants nothing more then to win. Often times, however, his decisions are baffling, and I don't believe it's part of a plan.

Old
12-06-2010, 12:35 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
I understand and would not want some of those players sitting in the press box half the time either, but I would have played those players over White, and not had them sit. If anything, I would have sat Boogaard, etc.

That's just me though. I'm not the coach.

I can bash heads with Tortorella and his decisions all day, but at the end of the day, I can at least admit that I have the utmost respect for him as a coach and the way he handles his team--he wants nothing more then to win. Often times, however, his decisions are baffling, and I don't believe it's part of a plan.
I understand what you're saying but it wasn't an issue of playing them over White. It was playing over the guys who have been consistently playing.

Old
12-06-2010, 12:39 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
I understand what you're saying but it wasn't an issue of playing them over White. It was playing over the guys who have been consistently playing.
True, but the only reason I bring up the White dilemma is to nitpick. It's a minor annoyance that a young kid with promise who had a 10+ goal campaign just a year ago was denied - at 1/4th the price, over a veteran who has provided absolutely nothing and has barely been able to crack the lineup unless injuries are present.

If Torts wanted a 13th forward, he should have picked Kennedy. I'm sure he probably realizes that now. I'm sure $750k doesn't break the bank - but that's $750k more that could have been spent at the trade deadline. And counting.

This is a minimal mistake, but a few minimal mistakes can turn into monumental problems.

Old
12-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Couldn't we have just played boogard every game instead of keeping white around? And make a call up if boogard can't play.

Boogard can take up the 5-10 minutes and do nothing just as well as white.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
True, but the only reason I bring up the White dilemma is to nitpick. It's a minor annoyance that a young kid with promise who had a 10+ goal campaign just a year ago was denied - at 1/4th the price, over a veteran who has provided absolutely nothing and has barely been able to crack the lineup unless injuries are present.

If Torts wanted a 13th forward, he should have picked Kennedy. I'm sure he probably realizes that now. I'm sure $750k doesn't break the bank - but that's $750k more that could have been spent at the trade deadline. And counting.

This is a minimal mistake, but a few minimal mistakes can turn into monumental problems.
Could be other factors at play here, like an attitude issue or something.

Just speculation of course, but the fact that Buffalo so easily walked away from a relatively modest arbitration ruling, and the fact the Rangers so easily sent him down knowing they probably wouldnt be able to recall him just doesnt pass the smell test here.

Old
12-06-2010, 12:51 PM
ThisYearsModel

Time to WAIVE dead weight. Nobody is trading for this dreck.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

dead weight...

Drury (for his salary)
Boogaard
Christensen
Frolov
Gilroy

yikes. thats a lot of salary being eaten up by dead weight.

and no, i dont consider Rozsival dead weight...i think hes a 3.5-4 million dollar a year defenseman who is a little overpaid. definitely not dead weight.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
I understand what you meant here but EC does not have much talent, let alone "all in the world".

What he has is the correct ability to play hockey, which much of this team lacks.

In other words, he's not a grinder. But he's inconsistent, and, like you mentioned, a bit of a cancer in terms of heart.
Cancer in terms of heart? you speak of the guy like you know him. I can't stand the EC bashers on this board.

Yes he blew that coverage, he made a mistake and is inconsistent. That is partially his fault and also the product of what 4 teams over his 6 year career. he has never gotten comfortable, never gotten a chance to solidify a role and its continuing here with Torts.

EC played the end of last season with a separated shoulder and didn't miss a game, didn't complain or even speak of his injury to the newspapers, he just did his best and it was all any ranger fan can ask. Maybe if we had a coach that believed in him and would just let him stick with a line for a while he would start to become consistent.

Cancer in terms of heart... your post is a joke.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 04:02 PM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Mike Milbury? Is that you?

i think you meant that milbury would trade doughty for MDZ.

snow would sign MDZ for 70years.

renney would put a C on MDZ's sweater.

sather would sign MDZ on July 1st.

an edmonton/phoenix/calgary GM would agree to a deal with Slats at the deadline and receive MDZ.

neil smith would draft MDZ. 1st overall

Last edited by SlingshotVv: 12-06-2010 at 04:12 PM.
SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 04:08 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
dead weight...

Drury (for his salary)
Boogaard
Christensen
Frolov
Gilroy

yikes. thats a lot of salary being eaten up by dead weight.

and no, i dont consider Rozsival dead weight...i think hes a 3.5-4 million dollar a year defenseman who is a little overpaid. definitely not dead weight.
I dont think Rozy is a 3.5 - 4 million dollar player.

Emminger and Sauer are just as capable and they make a lot less than Rozy...at best he is a $2mm dollar player.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 06:24 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
I dont think Rozy is a 3.5 - 4 million dollar player.

Emminger and Sauer are just as capable and they make a lot less than Rozy...at best he is a $2mm dollar player.
I said this same thing a month ago and got hammered. I dont know what people are watching, but they think Rozsival is a really good defenseman.....

I just cant figure it out, and no one has been able to tell me how he is so valuable. I mean the only arguement is he eats minutes?/?/? .... great, we get to bank 20+ mediocre minutes a night. He dont hit, he refuses to shoot unless forced, he hesitates way too often on everything he does....

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
I said this same thing a month ago and got hammered. I dont know what people are watching, but they think Rozsival is a really good defenseman.....

I just cant figure it out, and no one has been able to tell me how he is so valuable. I mean the only arguement is he eats minutes?/?/? .... great, we get to bank 20+ mediocre minutes a night. He dont hit, he refuses to shoot unless forced, he hesitates way too often on everything he does....
Very true

Old
12-06-2010, 07:17 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Very true
Was that the stone cold evidence of Rozsy's excellence, lol, thanks

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 09:19 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
Was that the stone cold evidence of Rozsy's excellence, lol, thanks
What do you want me to do? Try to change your mind even though its closed already and you've made a decision on Rozsival - in fact, thats part of your problem.

But your main issue is you just dont understand the importance of a guy that can play 23 minutes of solid, if unspectacular, hockey against the oppositions top 6 forwards night in and night out for several seasons on end.

If you think Eminger or Sauer can consistently bring what Roszival brings every game, then youre really out of your mind.