HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Andy Rogers question

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-19-2004, 10:08 AM
  #1
Guig
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Qc
Country: Québec
Posts: 1,414
vCash: 500
Andy Rogers question

This guy is 6'5 210. He had the hardest shot at the prospect skill competion and he finish in the top 5 at 180' dash and 60' dash. I just wanna know if he is responsible in his own zone and if he has a good vision/hockey sense.

Thanks

Guig is offline  
Old
06-19-2004, 11:15 AM
  #2
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jared Ramsden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,212
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiG
This guy is 6'5 210. He had the hardest shot at the prospect skill competion and he finish in the top 5 at 180' dash and 60' dash. I just wanna know if he is responsible in his own zone and if he has a good vision/hockey sense.

Thanks
Rogers defensive zone play is still in the developmental stages. There are times when he runs around too much and loses his positioning, but from two years ago, to this last season, it did improve quite a lot. His on ice vision is pretty good. He makes really good outlet passes from his own end, and has the ability to do a lot offensively, but his game isin't all rounded out just yet.

Jared Ramsden is offline  
Old
06-19-2004, 12:28 PM
  #3
Guig
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Qc
Country: Québec
Posts: 1,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Devil
Rogers defensive zone play is still in the developmental stages. There are times when he runs around too much and loses his positioning, but from two years ago, to this last season, it did improve quite a lot. His on ice vision is pretty good. He makes really good outlet passes from his own end, and has the ability to do a lot offensively, but his game isin't all rounded out just yet.
thanks! Does he play physical?

Guig is offline  
Old
06-19-2004, 07:29 PM
  #4
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,225
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiG
thanks! Does he play physical?
He makes attempts to. I think that Egener needs to teach him how to play with more emotion, since Egener seems to do that very well, and plays an extremely physical/intimidating game because of it.

It may not be something that can be taught to Rogers however. He's an extremely laid back guy off the ice (then again, you'd never believe Egener is the same guy on and off the ice).

In other words, he plays physical, but could always be more rough out there.

Aaron Vickers is offline  
Old
06-19-2004, 08:40 PM
  #5
Lard_Lad
Registered User
 
Lard_Lad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,678
vCash: 500
He'll throw an elbow, but I can't really remember any big hits by him. I wouldn't expect any offense out of him at the NHL level, but I think he's got it in him to be a solid #4-5 guy if his defensive play continues to improve. He's in a nice situation with the Hitmen, they've got a very deep, very big group of defensemen, so he won't get overwhelmed by his workload.

Lard_Lad is offline  
Old
06-19-2004, 10:18 PM
  #6
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,225
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard_Lad
He'll throw an elbow, but I can't really remember any big hits by him. I wouldn't expect any offense out of him at the NHL level, but I think he's got it in him to be a solid #4-5 guy if his defensive play continues to improve. He's in a nice situation with the Hitmen, they've got a very deep, very big group of defensemen, so he won't get overwhelmed by his workload.
I don't think the workload would bother him one bit. In fact, I'm sure he enjoyed his increased ice time as the season went on. Was a regular shift, worked the penalty killing, and enjoyed the rare powerplay appearance.

It isn't as though he's hiding behind his fellow defensemen.

I personally wouldn't be surprised to see him develop into a #3, but a #2 or #1 will definitely be too ambitious.

Aaron Vickers is offline  
Old
06-19-2004, 10:33 PM
  #7
Roughneck
Registered User
 
Roughneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Calgary
Country: Ireland
Posts: 8,707
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Roughneck
Rogers seems to have trouble to put all of his attributes together during a game. He needs to fill out a bit more to be a punishing physical presence in his own zone. he still relies too much on his reach and speed when he could just as easily knock the guys over.

Roughneck is offline  
Old
06-20-2004, 05:46 AM
  #8
Estimated_Prophet
Registered User
 
Estimated_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,320
vCash: 500
Sounds alot like a young Karl Dykhuis.

Estimated_Prophet is offline  
Old
06-20-2004, 12:03 PM
  #9
Guig
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Qc
Country: Québec
Posts: 1,414
vCash: 500
Thanks for the info guys

Guig is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.