HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jack Todd eats crow

Old
12-09-2010, 02:38 PM
saints96

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
This x10000

Thread title is inaccurate - this isn't Todd eating crow at all, just a lot of smoke and mirrors to make it seem like it. "Turns out I was right all along"? Hahahaha what a joke.

I'm sure if someone did enough digging during Price's lowest point they could find a Todd article where he probably wrote something along the lines of, "I said Carey Price would be a great goaltender, but not with the Montreal Canadiens. Turns out I was right all along".
he doesnt admit he is wrong, but it is obvious that he knows he is wrong but has to much pride to admit it. But we all know he is eating crow, hense the thread title.

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 01:14 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Call me the devil's advocate but I think your a little late to the show. This might have been applicable before Todd ate crow but now that he's admitted his error in judgement, he's proving that he isn't a total idiot and that he's just late to the party.

It takes alot for people to admit that they are wrong. Its not easy when you are a public figure and have thousands of people reading you. Kudo's to him for finally doing it.

I don't really respect Jack that much but I can respect a man who can admit his errors and have an open mind.
what todd did in the past to players like brisebois (I hated brisebois) was disgusting. You can't look the other way when facts are presented at you...and then backfire a disgusting personal attack on someone... not if you are given the privilege to write in a newspaper... his career has been made out of this one sentence; feeding the lions with what they want.

he's going with the flow... like always. playing safe... as the butcher and the baker slowly change their opinions on the matter. He's a complete troll, a moron that knows no empathy and respect if ignoring them can make him write another controversial, popular article.

for all I care, unless he sacrifices the next 2 years of his daily vomit to apologies, he is nothing more than a prostitute version of a piniata we should all be allowed to literally kick everyday between coffee and lunch.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 02:35 AM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkins View Post
Geez...get over yourselves.

Jack voiced an opinion, one that was shared by many. That he now stated that he believes that his previous opinion was wrong marks him as a stand up guy. Many of you could learn a thing or two on that front.
Agree.

I don't see how this article makes Jack Todd a bad guy, but somehow to this board it does.

Get over yourselves is right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
I don' think he was only ''voicing an opinion''. For the past 2 years, he's been on a smear campaign when it came to Price. He deliberately didn't mention/downplayed all the positive about Price to blow out of proportion his struggles, all while attacking him personally.

Real Talk:

Since the '09 All star game, honestly what was positive in respect to Price's career?

What was Todd "smearing"?

Honest question, I don't hate him enough to read all his articles

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 06:30 AM
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
Real Talk:

Since the '09 All star game, honestly what was positive in respect to Price's career?

What was Todd "smearing"?

Honest question, I don't hate him enough to read all his articles
Exactly you don't know his articles. He literally turned the fans against Brisebois, who was just thrown into a position he could not handle. And with Price, especially last season, he attacked him on personal levels and professional.

Price was having a decent season, but halak was having a better one. He didn't see it that way. He saw it like Price was a horrible goaltender who wasn't going anywhere but down. Every chance he got to bash him, he did. You may think that is good journalism, but its not. There were plenty of other things to write about last season, but he chose to do his best to run price out of town.

Even this preseason, holy ****! He really let him have it! Jack Todd has now published only two articles containing material on Price since the pre season one. TWO! One was not even a positive article! Oh and this apology? Its ********! He goes on to say he was right all along in judging Price's talents... really Todd?

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 02:56 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
Exactly you don't know his articles. He literally turned the fans against Brisebois, who was just thrown into a position he could not handle.
Brisebois's play had nothing to do with it?

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
Exactly you don't know his articles. He literally turned the fans against Brisebois, who was just thrown into a position he could not handle. And with Price, especially last season, he attacked him on personal levels and professional.
That's what I have a big problem with. I'll be the first to admit that last year the criticism of Price's play was fully warranted, but all the attacks on his character and rumours about his personal life were just over the top. It's not just Price, last year Todd was attacking Scott Gomez because he thought he was ugly. Jack really needs to grow up.

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 12:42 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdAtTheCoolTable View Post
That's what I have a big problem with. I'll be the first to admit that last year the criticism of Price's play was fully warranted, but all the attacks on his character and rumours about his personal life were just over the top. It's not just Price, last year Todd was attacking Scott Gomez because he thought he was ugly. Jack really needs to grow up.
How so? Price played pretty well last year actually, the team in front of him was absolutely terrible. His save percentage was more than acceptable and most nights he was the only thing on the ice worth watching. It wasn't uncommon for him to play sensationally and still lose. That's part of what made Todd's articles so detestable.

Price would play a terrific game in a losing cause and Todd would go out of his way to rip him. It was brutal. I sincerely hope somebody realizes what a talentless hack he is and fires him.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 03:37 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
How so? Price played pretty well last year actually, the team in front of him was absolutely terrible. His save percentage was more than acceptable and most nights he was the only thing on the ice worth watching. It wasn't uncommon for him to play sensationally and still lose. That's part of what made Todd's articles so detestable.

Price would play a terrific game in a losing cause and Todd would go out of his way to rip him. It was brutal. I sincerely hope somebody realizes what a talentless hack he is and fires him.
Agree, I thought Price actually was good last year, although I think Nerd is saying basically the same thing. There was no way Todd could see that Price was clearly a great goalie. Come to think of it, half this board or more didn't. This year, WOW, he's even shocked me, and I was one of his constant defenders...errr sorry...apologists. It's almost too good to be true, didn't think I (and many others) would be so right about him. Good on Gainey, Gauthier, Groulx, the Molsons, the organization, but most of all good on Carey Price. At the end of the day, HE has been the one to deliver. And we've got a long road ahead. Go Carey, boo Jack.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:47 AM
Chazz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR4YO View Post
2 points for using the word lackadaisical
love that word

Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote