HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Country Club?

Old
12-07-2010, 11:02 PM
StuDog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30* View Post
Again, what was Scott Gordon? The leaders in TOI/G for the Islanders forwards last year, in order:

John Tavares (19, 1st full NHL season)
Kyle Okposo (21, 2nd full NHL season)
Matt Moulson (26, 1st full NHL season)
Frans Nielsen (25, 2nd full NHL season)
Blake Comeau (23, 3rd full NHL season)
Josh Bailey (20, 2nd full NHL season)

Then we finally get to Richard Park and Trent Hunter. They are followed by Rob Schremp and Sean Bergenheim. That's 7 out of 10 of their top forwards 25 year old or younger. That's 8 out of 10 in their 3rd season or less. You want a coach that will "come in here and be able to work with kids in the lineup"? How is it even possible to do it more than Scott Gordon did? Do you want fetuses out there?
Thanks for doing the research for me, this is what i was getting at. Normal teams have a majority of players with more experience collecting major icetime. At first it amazed me that snow didn't recognize this, but then it made more sense b/c wang holds the purse.

StuDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 03:01 AM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmatic View Post
i brought up the idea of a walkout a few weeks ago.....can we still try and organize something?

given the fact that it does look like botta is not getting his credentials back--do you think he would get the word out on something like this--or even another blogger

lack of people at the game sends a message, but the one game people show up for there to be chaos would show even more IMO, not only to Wang, but the league. You can bet your A*s that a walkout (even if only 9-10 thousand people would create a stir around the hockey media--something wang would not like at all.
If you are going to pay.....and go in.....how about standing facing away from the ice to get the Fox Sports coverage? Stand the whole game facing away from the ice to show your disgust. If you have the stones, stay outside and picket. Ideally, you would stay on the sidewalk outside and not pay for parking.

If everyone could pick a game to do this, it could be epic and send a message.

But it won't ever happen. Too many IM posters and guys like TheBoss22 who stand by Wang like he's Ghandi. Too many who still buy into the rebuild and Snow being the bestest GM in existance.

But it would work.....maybe not get Wang to do anything, but it would help send a message to the NHL that Tiffany's prices for Walmart quality won't be tolerated.....except by the poster types above and their ilk.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 10:02 AM
MeanMisterMustard

Opinion on the Islanders work ethic: Practice Can't Make Islanders Perfect

"What was most striking about the news of the marathon practice was the players’ reactions. Let’s just say their comments left me with the feeling that the team normally doesn’t practice very hard, if at all. With an anonymous player objecting to the “country club” atmosphere and fans receiving tweets about “optional skates,” it doesn’t take much to see that the coaching staff doesn’t take training seriously. The on-ice results are proof."

MeanMisterMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 03:22 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Their games are optional too by the way the guys play.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 03:46 PM
mitchy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanatic View Post
Their games are optional too by the way the guys play.
Though I hate the way these boards (and the team) have gone; this post still made me laugh. Thank you.

Mitch

mitchy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 03:49 PM
mitchy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30* View Post
Again, what was Scott Gordon? The leaders in TOI/G for the Islanders forwards last year, in order:

John Tavares (19, 1st full NHL season)
Kyle Okposo (21, 2nd full NHL season)
Matt Moulson (26, 1st full NHL season)
Frans Nielsen (25, 2nd full NHL season)
Blake Comeau (23, 3rd full NHL season)
Josh Bailey (20, 2nd full NHL season)

Then we finally get to Richard Park and Trent Hunter. They are followed by Rob Schremp and Sean Bergenheim. That's 7 out of 10 of their top forwards 25 year old or younger. That's 8 out of 10 in their 3rd season or less. You want a coach that will "come in here and be able to work with kids in the lineup"? How is it even possible to do it more than Scott Gordon did? Do you want fetuses out there?
I think if we keep quoting this, it might eventually sink in. This team failed before the season started. A wiser team would have added significant NHLers for last season. Only an idiotic team would have ignored doing it for this current one.

Mitch

mitchy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 09:25 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchy22 View Post
Though I hate the way these boards (and the team) have gone; this post still made me laugh. Thank you.

Mitch
Anytime Mitchy!!!!! If we can't laugh at this point, then we are in big ****.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 10:43 PM
cjdv16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
This also shows are pathetic our TEAM CAPTAIN Doug Weight is.. All he is doing is trying to position himself to be the next coach and Wangs lacky.

I am so glad my wife asked me about buying tickets this year for xmas. I SAID HELL NO!!!!! We aint spending a dime on this *** Team!!!
Amen to that!!!

I've been preaching this for 4 years now.

Anyone who spends a dime on this team needs their heads examined.

I absolutely love the 7,700 number reported last week. Can't wait to see it drop lower.

Maybe that will wake Wang up.... or, perhaps this is what he wants in order to pressure ToH.

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 11:22 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdv16 View Post
Amen to that!!!

I absolutely love the 7,700 number reported last week. Can't wait to see it drop lower.

Maybe that will wake Wang up.... or, perhaps this is what he wants in order to pressure ToH.
Then write Murray (and Mangano) and tell them. Pressure those clowns to help get Wang to sell and at the same time urge the desire of the fanbase to keep the team. We're willing to spend but not on gahbage.

Why not?

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 11:27 PM
Sammy2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdv16 View Post
Amen to that!!!

Someone on Botta's site said there should be a no show game. Where one home game is picked out, and no one shows up in protest of the way this team is run.

Sammy2010* is offline   Reply With Quote