HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Any Update on Streit?

Old
12-06-2010, 03:43 PM
StreakingRed
"Yeeeaaah Baby!"

vCash: 500
Any Update on Streit?

I apologize is this is mentioned in another thread (I didn't see one), but is there any word on when Streit could return to the Islanders lineup?

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 04:37 PM
Isles Junkie

Wasn't the original timetable March or April. I think there were even jokes about him coming back just in time for the playoff push.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 05:18 PM
holyprime

There was an interview in a swiss newspaper about that a few days ago (in german): http://www.20min.ch/sport/eishockey/...sehr--30777975

he's basically saying that he is a little bit ahead of the schedule, but won't be able to play in the next two months. they asked him about the world championships, in which he would like to participate if possible. But if he cant play with the isles before, it wouldnt make any sense to do so.

he plans to go skating on ice the first time on a small ice rink in bern, in about two weeks, tough.

i would say he'll be back for the last 10-15 games, as he's a tough worker and won't play if not possible.

holyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 12:38 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Howie said in the broadcast a few games ago that he was meeting with the Isles then going home for the holidays and continue rehab.

12-08-2010, 09:22 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyprime View Post
There was an interview in a swiss newspaper about that a few days ago (in german): http://www.20min.ch/sport/eishockey/...sehr--30777975

he's basically saying that he is a little bit ahead of the schedule, but won't be able to play in the next two months. they asked him about the world championships, in which he would like to participate if possible. But if he cant play with the isles before, it wouldnt make any sense to do so.

he plans to go skating on ice the first time on a small ice rink in bern, in about two weeks, tough.

i would say he'll be back for the last 10-15 games, as he's a tough worker and won't play if not possible.
10-15 games?Unless it's to ease Streit's mind,is it even worth having him come back with only 10-15 games left in the season?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 10:24 PM
Hockify

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
10-15 games?Unless it's to ease Streit's mind,is it even worth having him come back with only 10-15 games left in the season?
If he is ready to play again it's always worth it to get your best player back.

Hockify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 10:52 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockify View Post
If he is ready to play again it's always worth it to get your best player back.
Normally I would say it might cost us the #1 pick, but by that time, we may be so far in the celler it wont matter. (and yes, the #1 pick is top priority for me right now.)

Riseonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Augscura

No rush. We aren't going anywhere this season.

Augscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 06:31 AM
swisdan

Mark Streit said, on swiss tv, he wants to play minimum 20 matches this season. According his interview, he seems sure he can finish this season with his teammate. Hope it'll be true and it would be a good surprise among this awful year for the Isles. He motivated also his return to play the world championship with Switzerland.

swisdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 09:28 AM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
Normally I would say it might cost us the #1 pick, but by that time, we may be so far in the celler it wont matter. (and yes, the #1 pick is top priority for me right now.)
I don't think they can really sit out a healthy player just so they don't win games.

Richie Daggers Crime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 10:54 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
If he's being paid one way or the other, they should wait until he's really ready and then give him the 5-15 games.

Could simply be very important for a downtrodden group of players.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 11:02 AM
bossy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisdan View Post
Mark Streit said, on swiss tv, he wants to play minimum 20 matches this season. According his interview, he seems sure he can finish this season with his teammate. Hope it'll be true and it would be a good surprise among this awful year for the Isles. He motivated also his return to play the world championship with Switzerland.
Interesting. He must be significantly ahead of schedule. Snow recently reported late March but if Streit says 20 games that means late Feb.

bossy22 is offline   Reply With Quote