HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Priority Remains a Top 6 Forward: Kaberle was a Suggestion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-07-2010, 08:23 AM
  #126
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,174
vCash: 500
Ok guys, there is a bottom line here. Burke has tried to move Kab with out being succesful...why? asking price witch was a roster player-prospect-1st if I remember and no GM wanted to pay the note and no one will want to.

Montreal could use a Kaberle and I think it should be a prospect like Kristo and a conditional picks.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 08:29 AM
  #127
Markovskaya
Registered User
 
Markovskaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 885
vCash: 500
I feel like we need a solid winger more then an extra puck moving D right now...but this team is based on a solid defence and a hot goalie so I guess Karberle would not be a bad addition to the team.

a 1st for Kaberle seems legit.

Markovskaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 08:33 AM
  #128
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,992
vCash: 500
I believe Gauthier will make his move before the deadline, like last year because he likes the fact that a player will have more time to "gel" with his team and the system.
But i think Gauthier will be very stingy when it comes to his prospects & picks. As much as Kaberle would be a nice addition, we have seen the impact of acquiring a name at the deadline & having it backfire (ie Kovalchuck, Hossa, etc). Granted Kaberle isnt as good as those guys but Burke will try to get the most out of him, and I dont think he warrants a 1st rounder and a prospect, its just not what we need.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 08:38 AM
  #129
Markovskaya
Registered User
 
Markovskaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
I believe Gauthier will make his move before the deadline, like last year because he likes the fact that a player will have more time to "gel" with his team and the system.
But i think Gauthier will be very stingy when it comes to his prospects & picks. As much as Kaberle would be a nice addition, we have seen the impact of acquiring a name at the deadline & having it backfire (ie Kovalchuck, Hossa, etc). Granted Kaberle isnt as good as those guys but Burke will try to get the most out of him, and I dont think he warrants a 1st rounder and a prospect, its just not what we need.
Things may change of cours but if the current situation keeps up until the end of the season, our 1st should not be worth all that much. Gauthier as better chance to get Kaberle for a 1st right now because the situation can change and montreal can still possibly end up 8-9th, making the 1st round pick possibly worth enough for Kaberle. If gauthier waits too long AND the habs are still 2nd or 3rd then Burke will ask for a 1st +++ so Gauthier better trade now and improve the team, making sure giving up that 1st was worth it by the end of the playoffs

Markovskaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 08:50 AM
  #130
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
Canucks won't be sellers at the trade deadline. They're keeping Salo.
They'll have to move either Salo or Bieksa within a month, they are 4 mil over the cap and Salo is back skating, 3-4 weeks from returning.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 08:58 AM
  #131
fufonzo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,565
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Kaberle is being severely underrated here, if you ask me. He's really just a notch below Markov and being in Toronto has prevented him from ever really showing what he can do.

I'd trade a first round pick, Weber/Maxwell/Kristo, and a conditional 2nd round draft pick if he re-signs with us.

Our D would be lethal with him there.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 09:03 AM
  #132
Prendan Brust
Registered User
 
Prendan Brust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,615
vCash: 500
Kaberle would put us at another level IMO. If the price is reasonable, I'd be very excited to have him on our team. My guess is that the price won't be reasonable though.

Prendan Brust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 09:09 AM
  #133
BobbyFischer*
 
BobbyFischer*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,864
vCash: 500
Kabs has been harrrrible this year, FYI.

I would definitely not trade a 1st + Kristo or a 1st + anything for him..

Let Burke squirm and get a 2nd + 3rd line grinder for him at the deadline

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 09:11 AM
  #134
Crystal Met
Registered User
 
Crystal Met's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,500
vCash: 500
maxwell and a 1st is the most i'd offer for kaberle. Then get langenbrunner at the deadline and the cup is ours.

Crystal Met is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 09:26 AM
  #135
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,460
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
Kaberle is being severely underrated here, if you ask me. He's really just a notch below Markov and being in Toronto has prevented him from ever really showing what he can do.

I'd trade a first round pick, Weber/Maxwell/Kristo, and a conditional 2nd round draft pick if he re-signs with us.

Our D would be lethal with him there.
I think Burke is fishing for a first round pick.

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 09:29 AM
  #136
compile
Give me Scotch!
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Vaughan, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,016
vCash: 693
Send a message via Skype™ to compile
If what I've been hearing is true. I DO NOT trade my first at all. Everyone has been saying the up coming draft is a very deep one.
Plus F Burke and his contradicting attitude. I hate the man more then Bettman. Plus kaberle is weak defensively. I want my dmen to play 2 way hockey. Leave the goal scoring to theguys that get paid for it.

__________________
Originally Posted by Jeffonfire
There's no ghosts... only god exists. Luckily, he is our netminder.
Originall Posted by hockeyfan2k11
Winning is not the #1 thing. They want to win THEIR way.....even if it means they're handicapping themselves.
compile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 09:39 AM
  #137
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaHabs View Post
If what I've been hearing is true. I DO NOT trade my first at all. Everyone has been saying the up coming draft is a very deep one.
Plus F Burke and his contradicting attitude. I hate the man more then Bettman. Plus kaberle is weak defensively. I want my dmen to play 2 way hockey. Leave the goal scoring to theguys that get paid for it.
A deep draft? Maybe it changed, but a few months ago, the scouts were all saying it was going to be a bad year overall. After the top 10 or so, there's supposed to be a huge drop. No?

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 09:55 AM
  #138
Newhabfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,061
vCash: 500
Poor Leafs fans and Toronto media guys...

They don't have a winning team...

They don't have picks (though they end at the bottom)...

They don't have any future...

They don't have cap space.....


All that's left is "We have this big trade asset(s) that will bring us a savior...." Talk about overhyping. BTW - didn't Burke already try to get "offers" for Kaberle in the summer ?

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 09:58 AM
  #139
OpenIceHit
Registered User
 
OpenIceHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,726
vCash: 677
We have one of the best defense team in the league and 7 guys who can play well in defense. On the other hand, we're not scoring as many goals as we should. At some point, scoring 2 or 3 goals a game will catch us. I would definetely try to get a top3 forward with the spare money we have (Iginla, Richards, even Kovalchuk?)...

OpenIceHit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:03 AM
  #140
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,016
vCash: 500
I am pretty sure they are showcasing Weber at this point.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Weber + a 1st for Kaberle at all. It replaces the hole on the backend left by Kaberle's departure with a guy capable of being a contributor next year, gives them a much needed draft pick and it puts the Habs over the top on the backend.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:08 AM
  #141
Lucius
Registered User
 
Lucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
I am pretty sure they are showcasing Weber at this point.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Weber + a 1st for Kaberle at all. It replaces the hole on the backend left by Kaberle's departure with a guy capable of being a contributor next year, gives them a much needed draft pick and it puts the Habs over the top on the backend.
I hear this "showcasing" theory all the time in trade threads, but does anyone in the history of the game remember a team calling some guy up from the minors for a few games, then trading him?

I don't think teams "showcase" players like that. They play the best line-up available to them.

The ONLY exception I can think of is the occasional time where they let a back-up goalie play a bit in advance of a deal.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:09 AM
  #142
JHabs
HFB Partner
 
JHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,379
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
I wouldn't trade a 1st for Kaberle

I wouldn't trade Kristo for Kaberle

I wouldn't trade Patches, or weber for Kaberle

He is a rental, and the asking price for him as astronomical, let him stay in Toronto and nab him in the off season for free.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:24 AM
  #143
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
I wouldn't trade a 1st for Kaberle

I wouldn't trade Kristo for Kaberle

I wouldn't trade Patches, or weber for Kaberle

He is a rental, and the asking price for him as astronomical, let him stay in Toronto and nab him in the off season for free.
Not really. Rivet got us Gorges and a 1st. Kaberle is much better than Rivet, so a 1st and a prospect like Maxwell/Weber/White/Kristo/.. is a fair price to pay. Kaberle and a decent top 6 forward (like Langenbruner) at the dealine would make us a contender for the Cup.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:24 AM
  #144
sprevost
Registered User
 
sprevost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 60
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsbury View Post
Well, Webber isn't out of question IMO. Even if Kaberle is a rental, you have to give them something useful for them. Webber make a lot of sense for them since he actually look NHL ready...gotta give something else; something like this isn't impossible:

To Mtl
Kaberle

To Tor
Webber or Kristo + 1rst...I like the idea of a conditional pick if he re-sign


Habs doesn't need a Kaberle right now as we are winning, but come playoffs time, this type of offensive D-man will become more than useful.
Actually has anybody thought of the following:

To MTL:
Kaberle

To TOR:
1st + Picard (at least we are giving them a D in return, and Picard has played well this year and is cheap for Burke)

I would even toss in Kristo,Maxwell or Desharnais if we had to.

anyways...

sprevost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:27 AM
  #145
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
I hear this "showcasing" theory all the time in trade threads, but does anyone in the history of the game remember a team calling some guy up from the minors for a few games, then trading him?

I don't think teams "showcase" players like that. They play the best line-up available to them.

The ONLY exception I can think of is the occasional time where they let a back-up goalie play a bit in advance of a deal.
Yeah I know what you mean but in this case T.O would be thinking long-term with Weber and he has very little experience in the NHL so maybe they wanted to see him play a few games. But yeah you're probably right.

Just seems like since we have another young right-handed offensive defenseman and we just lost a top 10 defenseman in the league it would make sense for both teams.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see Weber + whatever pick or conditional pick headed to T.O for Kaberle. This is the type of thing that can help both teams.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:34 AM
  #146
ClasslessGuy
Registered User
 
ClasslessGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St-Jean, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,346
vCash: 50
Trade Desharnais and it will be like if Maurice Ricard was suspended again....

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:37 AM
  #147
Paul Dipietro
Registered User
 
Paul Dipietro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
Not really. Rivet got us Gorges and a 1st. Kaberle is much better than Rivet, so a 1st and a prospect like Maxwell/Weber/White/Kristo/.. is a fair price to pay. Kaberle and a decent top 6 forward (like Langenbruner) at the dealine would make us a contender for the Cup.
Not sure if what we got for Rivet set any kind of precedent and became the new norm for all subsequent trades for top-4 Dmen... I for one was shocked (and still am) about how much we got in return

Paul Dipietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:52 AM
  #148
KingGallagherXI
Registered User
 
KingGallagherXI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
I think Kaberle is a little overrated here. He is really **** defensively.
He doesn't suck defensively.

KingGallagherXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 11:03 AM
  #149
Analyzer*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,999
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
I wouldn't trade a 1st for Kaberle

I wouldn't trade Kristo for Kaberle

I wouldn't trade Patches, or weber for Kaberle

He is a rental, and the asking price for him as astronomical, let him stay in Toronto and nab him in the off season for free.
A first for Kaberle is an astronomical price, but Craig Rivet returning a 1st isn't ? This is proof you have no idea what you're talking about and you're one of the many, many hab fans who think our garbage can land something good every time.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 11:15 AM
  #150
Habs8517
Registered User
 
Habs8517's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,351
vCash: 500
No way i want that loser anyway near our team. That loser refused to leave the ****ing laffs and get a chance to go to a contender on multiple occasion, that proves that he has no will to win and will be forever a loser.

Not only that, he sucks at playing D a la Spacek, is a turnover machines, his softeness is Breezer-like, he doesnt hit, cant play on the PK. In short, he is a one-dimensional D only good on the PP.

After so many years, the Habs finally got rid of the stupid country club that plagued this team for years and you guys want a bum who is playing for the country club of the laffs ... Besides, our D is fine, we need more help up front.

Habs8517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.