HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Warrior stick grip

Old
12-07-2010, 11:34 PM
ThorNton Apologist
Jumbo needs a cup

vCash: 500
Warrior stick grip

Just wanted a few peoples opinions on the warrior stick grip. i am going to order a warrior dolomite DD. and the grip and clear versions are the same price with the same flex and curve i want. just wanted to know what people think of the grip on warrior sticks. I have used a friends RBK 11K grip and i hated it. It was too grippy and rubbery feeling. I couldnt slide my hand down the stick for a slap shot or any hand movement. just wondering if a warrior grip is going to be the same feel?

ThorNton Apologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Not as grippy as a Reebok grip, but there's a texture and some grip coating. I usually like as much grip as I can get since my palms aren't grippy.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 10:11 AM
**** Farise

I've got the '10 model AK27 and the '09 model AK27, both grip version. '09 model was a little too grippy for my taste, and the grip texture peeled off after not much use. The '10 is pretty damn good, and I haven't noticed any of the grip material peeling off after ~10 games use.

**** Farise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 11:15 AM
ryangib

i currently play with 2 different dolomites. one grip, one with no grip. i def prefer the no grip. the grip coating adds weights and just felt legitimately sticky for a while. i had to take some sandpaper to the shaft just to kind loosen it up a bit. i'd advise against the grip, but it's really not the end of the world if you get the grip.

ryangib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 07:14 PM
ThorNton Apologist
Jumbo needs a cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangib View Post
i currently play with 2 different dolomites. one grip, one with no grip. i def prefer the no grip. the grip coating adds weights and just felt legitimately sticky for a while. i had to take some sandpaper to the shaft just to kind loosen it up a bit. i'd advise against the grip, but it's really not the end of the world if you get the grip.
Thank you this was very helpful. I thought i would end up doing the same thing with the sandpaper.. I have never had a problem with sticks without grip. The grip feature just sounds like something that would only help people who have trouble holding on to their stick. And i dont know why most sticks with grip are usually 10-15$ more expensive as the clear models

ThorNton Apologist is offline   Reply With Quote