HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RWC Puts Smith at #1

Old
12-08-2010, 05:03 PM
FabricDetails

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Not everyone is a first and second liner. If Nestrasil turned into a guy who can be physical and play anywhere from the first (in a complementary role) to fourth line, like Kopecky, I'd be pretty happy. Especially since he's got some size.
Sure but I've never heard that comparison to Kopecky. I've heard comparisons to Franzen though. That comparison and the fact that Gleason Fournier got a contract before him makes me think he's just not that good after all.

FabricDetails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 05:33 PM
nik jr

seems like pulkkinen would be higher since he is having a great season.

i agree with smith being 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Not everyone is a first and second liner. If Nestrasil turned into a guy who can be physical and play anywhere from the first (in a complementary role) to fourth line, like Kopecky, I'd be pretty happy. Especially since he's got some size.
agreed

important questions are his skating and D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacK View Post
any news on how Larsson's doing w/ HV71?
i know RWC [obviously] isn't a fan of his, but i'd guess that he's our backup next year, and hasn't been talked about at all since heading back to Sweden.
from things i read on a blog about HV71, larsson was not at his best early this season, and rebounds were a problem. i think HV71 started the season around .500.

but larsson leads the league in sv%, and is 5th in GAA. HV71 is also winning most of their games again.

larsson faces more shots than almost every goalie. only norrena (former CBJ goalie) has faced more shots. norrena leads the league in GAA.

nik jr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 01:53 AM
Drunkspleen
Face of the company

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
There was an interview saying hes up around 190-200 pounds now. Not big for a guy his height but definitely big enough to not hamper his play I would think
The AHL site lists him as 6' 2" and 195 pounds, which is awfully close to Lidstrom's bio... just sayin'

Drunkspleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 02:02 AM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkspleen View Post
The AHL site lists him as 6' 2" and 195 pounds, which is awfully close to Lidstrom's bio... just sayin'
Yeah and Lidstrom isnt small out there. Smith will wanna be 200 + though to play his style most effectively unlike Lidstrom he hits and fights (not saying it as a bad thing for Lids just a fact) which if hes already at 195 he'll fill in soon I'm sure.

Size wont be an issue for him.

Where are all the people who wanted Petrecki here instead of Smith now? Not only is Smith way better offensively but its looking like he is just as good of a fighter already. Wait until he gets some experience, I think he'll be able to hang with the weaker heavy weights for years in Detroit

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Yeah and Lidstrom isnt small out there. Smith will wanna be 200 + though to play his style most effectively unlike Lidstrom he hits and fights (not saying it as a bad thing for Lids just a fact) which if hes already at 195 he'll fill in soon I'm sure.

Size wont be an issue for him.

Where are all the people who wanted Petrecki here instead of Smith now? Not only is Smith way better offensively but its looking like he is just as good of a fighter already. Wait until he gets some experience, I think he'll be able to hang with the weaker heavy weights for years in Detroit

I understand the appeal of a guy who "can" fight but I doubt the Wings will want that from Smith. If he's really going to be a top 2 defenseman and PP QB..... he shouldn't be fighting. They'll need 24-26 min/gm of IT from him.

Old
12-09-2010, 11:25 AM
FabricDetails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
They'll need 24-26 min/gm of IT from him.
And not in the box.

FabricDetails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 11:27 AM
newfy

Quote:
I understand the appeal of a guy who "can" fight but I doubt the Wings will want that from Smith. If he's really going to be a top 2 defenseman and PP QB..... he shouldn't be fighting. They'll need 24-26 min/gm of IT from him.
I think you'll be surprised, especially when he comes into the league as a lower pairing guy.

The wings aren't going to make him just change his style of play and he will be a fighter for most of his career. He may not fight the amount of an enforcer but he wont take **** from anyone

Old
12-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Jussha

Quote:
Hey if he can fight though and does so ~5 times a year I don't think its a big deal. If he doens't fight no big deal, but If he fights the right dude I'd love to have a dman who can drop the gloves. Not a necessity, but for the fan in me I don't mind seeing it either.

Jussha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 01:53 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussha View Post
Hey if he can fight though and does so ~5 times a year I don't think its a big deal. If he doens't fight no big deal, but If he fights the right dude I'd love to have a dman who can drop the gloves. Not a necessity, but for the fan in me I don't mind seeing it either.
Yeah thats what I was thinking too. Its not a necessity but it is definitely part of his game. He is a physical punishing player, I dont think the wings will try to take that out of him at all