Swedish hockey journalists

Old
12-08-2010, 06:14 AM
Peter The Great

vCash: 500
Swedish hockey journalists

This is so embarrassing
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...icle8243866.ab

Lasse Anrell is probably the worst sport journalist ever coming from Sweden, definately top three.

Here we have another one, also extremely embarrassing, Mats Wennerholm
http://blogg.aftonbladet.se/26380/20...kan-glomma-nhl

Last edited by 21: 12-08-2010 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Spelling...
21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 06:53 AM
SurMartin

I have no idea why you left out the most loathed one when bringing this up.. perhaps you, as I, don't even consider him a journalist..

SurMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 07:33 AM
Peter The Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Names View Post
I have no idea why you left out the most loathed one when bringing this up.. perhaps you, as I, don't even consider him a journalist..
;-) Feel free to add names to this thread.

Old
12-08-2010, 08:23 AM
Pentothal
Listen with one ear

Ros, Wennerholm, Anrell, Nyström (maybe to a lesser extent, but still..)

It's easy to rag on journalists, but Swedish football journalism (while not all that great) is obviously leagues better. I have no idea how these clowns are still in a job when everyone knows they're just spouting ******** and are lacking in knowledge of the game. It's often quite comical reading the comments to Swedish hockey articles.

These guys probably watch about 5 NHL games per season and all of them Detroit games.

To say something positive here I quite like SVTs hockey coverage for instance, but when it comes to the rags, well..

Last edited by Pentothal: 12-08-2010 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Name butchering :/
Pentothal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 09:20 AM
SurMartin

I cannot stand Ros.. nowadays I always check who has written the article first so I wont have to read it in vain
I do like Simon Banks articles however, but the football-section has him hooked for most part of the year..

Yes the best in swedish hockey-media is definitely "Hockeykväll" on SVT.

Old
12-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Ciccarelli

Is hockeysverige.se even considered a hockey media? If so I nominate Robert Petterson, only he is a clown rather than a journalist.

Ciccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 11:46 AM
SurMartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciccarelli View Post
Is hockeysverige.se even considered a hockey media? If so I nominate Robert Petterson, only he is a clown rather than a journalist.
Pettersson is definitely up there with Ros, but he's a blogger and writes stupid things to provoke and generate more traffic .. though he very often seem to think he is omniscient..
Some of those at hockeysverige are OK though, but Pettersson drags it down..

Old
12-08-2010, 11:50 AM
romelson

Send a message via MSN to romelson
Quote:
Hockeysverige.se mostly quote other media articles. They don't come up with much >news< articles themselves. I wouldn't say there's much journalism going on on that site. Anders Ostbergs blog on junior hockey can be quite interesting but that's about it. That Pettersson guy is merely a kid with a keyboard. No reason to pay any attention to his crap.

romelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Ribban

Quote:
Originally Posted by romelson View Post
Hockeysverige.se mostly quote other media articles. They don't come up with much >news< articles themselves. I wouldn't say there's much journalism going on on that site. Anders Ostbergs blog on junior hockey can be quite interesting but that's about it. That Pettersson guy is merely a kid with a keyboard. No reason to pay any attention to his crap.
Having worked in media back in the days when I was younger and had more hair, I don't quite see how Hockeysverige should be singled out from the rest of media.

I really like the bloggers on Hockeysverige, but one has to take their comments for what they are, attempts to stirring the pots out in the huts of Schweden...

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 12:55 PM
romelson

Send a message via MSN to romelson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
Having worked in media back in the days when I was younger and had more hair, I don't quite see how Hockeysverige should be singled out from the rest of media.

I really like the bloggers on Hockeysverige, but one has to take their comments for what they are, attempts to stirring the pots out in the huts of Schweden...
Sure. Im just saying that site doesnt bring much to the table. Not much of initiated articles or chronicles. Much crappy blognotes though. It's just nothing I find interesting. Very little interesting stuff to read and not many sane hockey fans to discuss with, much due to the moderators interferring with almost every bit of discussion. Not much initiated hockey fans seem to stay there, they move on to discuss hockey at other sites, such as this.

But Im perfectly happy with the existance of Petterssons blog. Nothing attracts trolls like another troll. Trolls also need a focus area on the net. They've found a place to dwell, hockeysverige.se.
Let's hope they stay there

romelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 02:18 PM
svartgul
Hata Löven

Send a message via ICQ to svartgul Send a message via MSN to svartgul Send a message via Skype™ to svartgul
Quote:
He's just a simple internet-troll with a paycheck.

svartgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 02:23 PM
KRM

Bjurman's live blog during Ranger games is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romelson View Post
Yea Östberg's blog is worth following.

KRM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Peter The Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21 View Post
Here we have another one, also extremely embarrassing, Mats Wennerholm
Three days after Wennerholms pathetic article it's time for Omark! ;-)
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=850912

Old
12-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Ribban

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
Bjurman's live blog during Ranger games is great.
I second that! Bjurman is by far the most entertaining guy out there.

Bjurman reminds me of Torsten Ehrenmark although Torsten came from Örebro, so expecting Bjurman to reach Torsten's standards isn't really fair in all honesty.

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 08:35 AM
Petey21

Do bloggers like Ros get paid for writing their crap? Is that a full-time job or just something they do for a few extra bucks besides having a regular job? I can't see why they'd pay him a full-time salary for writing a crappy blog once a day, a trained monkey could do the same and it can't take more than 20 minutes to write that stuff anyway.

Petey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 11:20 AM
Peter The Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey21 View Post
Do bloggers like Ros get paid for writing their crap? Is that a full-time job or just something they do for a few extra bucks besides having a regular job? I can't see why they'd pay him a full-time salary for writing a crappy blog once a day, a trained monkey could do the same and it can't take more than 20 minutes to write that stuff anyway.
Well... maybe it's something for you, easy money? ;-)

Old
12-11-2010, 03:57 PM
birden

Magnus Nyström should not be in this sort of thread imo. Ros he isn't really so bad there are journalist that are far worse same thing with Wennerholm. Mats Wennerholm imo he does a good work, but his blog is really bad. I can aggre on that Lasse Anrell in his own league when it comes to jorunalism, oh man he is so bad.

birden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Peter The Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by birden View Post
Magnus Nyström should not be in this sort of thread imo. Ros he isn't really so bad there are journalist that are far worse same thing with Wennerholm. Mats Wennerholm imo he does a good work, but his blog is really bad. I can aggre on that Lasse Anrell in his own league when it comes to jorunalism, oh man he is so bad.
Yes, I was a bit harsh to Wennerholm.

But he truly managed to piss me off with this article:

Old
12-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Brun0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21 View Post
Yes, I was a bit harsh to Wennerholm.

But he truly managed to piss me off with this article:
Why, I think it is completly true. A shootout goal proves nothing.

Brun0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Peter The Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brun0 View Post
Why, I think it is completly true.
Are you serious or trying to be controversial?? Perhaps from Finland, it's something very Finnish with you. ;-) (which would explain everything)

Wennerholm didn't think he would play the whole season, definately not for the Oilers. Blaming him for attitude problems. Writing he used to play for S:t Petersburg in Russia *laugh*

But my major point is that a great player like Omark scoring on a 1 ppg pace in the AHL will get a chance pretty soon. He is no ordinary rookie either, already an established star in both Sweden and Russia. No chance that the Oilers would keep a player like Omark out of their system for very long. Canadians are not stupid about hockey.

Swedish national team. All time record for points during one season in Luleå HF. He scored on a 1 ppg average in the AHL. Countless of world class highlights at youtube.com demonstrates his increadible skill.

Extremely rare puck handling and speed, very tough along the boards.

The results will prove you are wrong. A brilliant assist and a great SO goal was a good way starting his NHL career.

Last edited by 21: 12-11-2010 at 04:59 PM. Reason: I don't have time arguing with a Finnish hockey fan
Old
12-11-2010, 11:39 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

vCash: 50
Honestly, I simply cannot understand why any sensible person would ever visit the Aftonbladet website, or even worse, buy one of their papers.

Erik Niva and Simon Bank are the only two things that isn't completely horrible about that sorry excuse of a newspaper, I wouldn't even wipe my own arse with the rest of the absolute tripe they publish.

Journalism as a whole in this country is absolutely rubbish, with a few rare exceptions, and sports journalism is not any different.

Franck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 08:10 AM
Martin Elz

I won't click the links, Aftonbladet is dead to me, major boycott.
Anrell have always been completely ignorant of the game, and his heir (Bjurman) will provide us with years of equally horrible coverage.
Bjurman don't even know music, which is his bread and butter. He should stick to sucking in one area.

When Ros started writing I thought that maybe he knew something about the game, until the day he wrote that Jörgen Jönsson was a great hitter (never seen him throw a single one), that day i said goodbye to Aftonbladet and havent been back since.
If i want to read what idiots say, i come here, good old hfboards hehe.

Martin Elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 03:48 AM
Lugaid
Hajlajtreelmål!

Send a message via Skype™ to Lugaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
Journalism as a whole in this country is absolutely rubbish, with a few rare exceptions, and sports journalism is not any different.
Agreed 100%. Journalism should be truthful, and it should be relevant. Swedish journalism is neither of these the absolute majority of the time.

There are some decent hockey journalists, I like Uffe Bodin and Robert Pettersson on hockeysverige, they really like what they do and you can tell, they're not driven by money like the tabloids writers are. I'm pretty sure most of us guys here on HFboards could do a better job than Tomas Ros at blogging, for example.

Lugaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 05:17 AM
Peter The Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Elz View Post
Anrell have always been completely ignorant of the game, and his heir (Bjurman) will provide us with years of equally horrible coverage.
Personally I really like Bjurman, a great NHL blog. Bjurman has understood that NHL is the best entertainment in the world. ;-)

Old
12-16-2010, 03:18 PM
Padan

What about Gunnar Nordström? He is really licking the Swedish NHL'ers *****. Has he ever written a single negative word about a Swedish player?

Padan is offline   Reply With Quote