HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Players had a say to Subban being scratched

Old
12-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Belso

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
We really need a mentor system where the young kids can room with a vet and get used to the whole NHL lifestyle without going overboard.
Especially in cities like Montreal and Toronto when you have 15 reporters in the locker room after each game as opposed to Anaheim who has a season high of 7 reporters in their locker room after they win the Stanley cup...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 08:58 PM
DwightKSchrute

Mike Richards got his wish.

DwightKSchrute is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 09:09 PM
shredder11

Im not sure what there talking about pk!But I am a machinist that worked with so many veterans.I asked questions to all of them.Some I didnt agree with,and others I agreed with.But at no time did I ever
not thank one of them for there input !!!And with there veteran input,
I became my selfA super machinist!!!!lol
All because of listening!!!!,There were other kids with me apprenticing,They used to make fun of the old guys I listened to.Now I have a very good trade and they work at walmart!
Never be afraid to humble yourself,Because everybody is smarter then you at something!!!
Basically what Im saying is respect your elders,They have been there for awhile for a reason
Peace
sorry havnt posted in awhile

Last edited by shredder11: 12-08-2010 at 09:26 PM.
shredder11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 09:29 PM
Habbadasher

I love that my team has leaders who took the situation in their hands and dealt with it instead of the coaches having to try first. This team has a whole different caliber of leadership now.

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 09:35 PM
Newhabfan

I'm starting to like my "controlled leak" theory more and more.

1. Dubé is not Rejean Tremblay, Michel Villeneuve or Yvon. He is highly respected and directly in contact with the team, as color analyst on CKAC. Most french speakers in this forum would dream to have him replace Brunet (check the threads).

Also - he never started a rumor like this (as far as I remember) and he "needs" to be in good terms with the coach and the team - it's his job at stake. Unlike the rest of the mediots.

2. He said it twice - once on CKAC and once again on TV. I heard him on the radio and he sounded uneasy (personal evaluation - go listen yourself).

3. Martin needs to do something to calm down the sympathy wave towards Subban from the fans and the media. Not because of pride but because what he's doing is not effective otherwise. If Subban thinks that he is supported by everyone it will be difficult to convince him to change. If people scream PK PK when he's on the bench - the whole education thingie is ruined.
However - he cannot go and blast Subban on the main scene. He cannot leak the info to some of the regular mediots - noone will believe them. He clearly chose on of the most respected and trusted name in this business.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 09:52 PM
phoque taupe

i guess dubé will sell a lot of books!

phoque taupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

I fail to see this as news...Perhaps a confirmation.
But after seeing how our group of leaders and vets handle themselves in our team, as professionals, it was easily assumable that they had talks with PK.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
Please Martin, YOU IDIOT, don't mess up with Subban like you did with S.Kost and Latendresse.
he messed up Sergei? Sorry but Sergei was messed up to begin with.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
I'm starting to like my "controlled leak" theory more and more.

1. Dubé is not Rejean Tremblay, Michel Villeneuve or Yvon. He is highly respected and directly in contact with the team, as color analyst on CKAC. Most french speakers in this forum would dream to have him replace Brunet (check the threads).

Also - he never started a rumor like this (as far as I remember) and he "needs" to be in good terms with the coach and the team - it's his job at stake. Unlike the rest of the mediots.

2. He said it twice - once on CKAC and once again on TV. I heard him on the radio and he sounded uneasy (personal evaluation - go listen yourselff
Dubé has had a beef with the habs ever since they passed on him for the coaching job.

His English isn't the best either, it's kinda convenient to not have a direct quote.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Erik Estrada

What a ****ing headache this is... I hope Subban continues to progress despite everything.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I guess the team is doing too well. They needed to be taken down a notch. <insert drama>

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 11:20 PM
Stradale

I don't know how bad PK's attitude was but keeping this punishment too long will not be good for anyone, unless it's a very serious case. The PK chants has already started... I think its time to bring him back before the situation degenerates.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 11:23 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
I call Bull**** on this one. The players would not let it be known to a journalist that they wanted Subban to tone it down and he needed to be benched. No effing way, especially not these guys. All thay ever talk about is how amazing the room is. Dany Dube is just trying stir up garbage, and like someone on here said, it's really irritating.
Wow, you don't know Dany, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Dubé has had a beef with the habs ever since they passed on him for the coaching job.

His English isn't the best either, it's kinda convenient to not have a direct quote.
Ozy, that's ********. You don't know Dany. He doesn't hold a grudge against the Habs. If you only knew the guy. Plus, I don't think you realize what would be at stake for him: he works WITH the team as a hockey analyst. He talks to the players all the time, he's around them 200 days a year. He's not a rumor starter. This is fact, and it probably came from some players, who want the info to be leaked so that the fans realize that the kid needs to mellow a bit. By the sound of it, at least on CKAC (french, by the way), Dany is talking as if you need to read between the lines, because he doesn't want to divulge the rest.

deandebean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 11:25 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I don't know how bad PK's attitude was but keeping this punishment too long will not be good for anyone, unless it's a very serious case. The PK chants has already started... I think its time to bring him back before the situation degenerates.
I don't think it will last too long. I think we are in the sweet spot of him returning / learning the most he could. I think he learnt alot more by sitting 3 games as opposed to 1. It helped sink in the message. As long as Picard / Weber aren't benched, bring him back. But him sitting 1 or 2 more games won't hurt.

JM isn't an idiot either, he won't sit him for 10 games even if we are on a winning streak. He realizes his value.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 11:32 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

If he goes to the AHL, I will have issues with that..

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 11:35 PM
iopioppoi

Don't fret, PK is a killer talent it's not going to ruin him missing a few games.

iopioppoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 11:51 PM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
If it's true it's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. It's an abuse of the CBA waiver restrictions to keep a player like him in the minors. You've got 29 teams that would take the problem off the Habs and give him 20+ minutes right away.
You honestly believe that??

Man , some of you guys are worse than 14 year old little girls, honestly. Such drama queens! He's a 21 year old rookie for crying out loud. He has to develope and learn what it is to be a rookie just like everyone else who started off as a rookie. Yes his talent is undeniable, but he has a mouth, that is no secret, and if he is running his mouth too much on and off the ice, i feel the coach should bench him indefinatley, until the coach, and players feel he's calmed down, is focused and ready to coexist with is teammates in a professional manner.

Lets not forget the little scrum he had with Pleks what was it last week? im sure that had something to do with this too. Just because Subban is without a doubt our future franchise defensman, and that he has skill, charisma, swagger and many other great attributes, doesn't mean that it is the PK Show and he can do or say whatever he wants. He is a rookie, he has got to act like one, know his role, keep it simple out there, use his teammates on the ice and he will be without a doubt, one of the better defensemen in the league for years to come.

But some of you should really stop putting one player above the team. Every year its someone. Why is it this fanbase has this disease? And when this player is being ''mistreated'' or ''mishandled'', JM becomes the scapegoat. It is embarassing really...

Last edited by saints96: 12-09-2010 at 08:08 AM.
saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 11:58 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post

Man , some of you guys are worse than 14 year old little girls, honestly. Such drama queens! He's a 21 year old rookie for crying out loud. He has to develope and learn what it is to be a rookie just like everyone else who started off as a rookie. Yes his talented in undeniable, but he has a mouth, that is no secret, and if he is running his mouth too much on and off the ice, i feel the coach should bench him indefinatley, until the coach, and players feel he's calmed down, is focused and ready to coexist with is teammates in a professional manner.

Lets not forget the little scrum he had with Pleks what was it last week? im sure that had something to do with this too. Just because Subban is without a doubt our future franchise defensman, and that he has skill, charisma, swagger and many other great attributes, doesn't mean that it is the PK Show and he can do or say whatever he wants. He is a rookie, he has got to act like one, know his role, keep it simple out there, use his teammates on the ice and he will be without a doubt, one of the better defensemen in the league for years to come.

But some of you should really stop putting one player above the team. Every year its someone. Why is it this fanbase has this disease? And when this player is being ''mistreated'' or ''mishandled'', JM because the scapegoat. It is embarassing really...
I kind of agree with your post. If what Dube said was true, JM should only insert PK into the line up when PK apologize to the team for his behaviour. Price has gone through similar experience. Price did the right thing by apologize to his teammates and then silently working harder. Look at Price now. PK Subban need to understand that he is not bigger than the team. The sooner the better.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 12:00 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
I kind of agree with your post. If what Dube said was true, JM should only insert PK into the line up when PK apologize to the team for his behaviour. Price has gone through similar experience. Price did the right thing by apologize to his teammates and then silently working harder. Look at Price now. PK Subban need to understand that he is not bigger than the team. The sooner the better.
Your right. He needs to do things the white way. Right way.

signed,
Darren Pang

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 07:02 AM
Lars Eller Superstar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post

Man , some of you guys are worse than 14 year old little girls, honestly. Such drama queens! He's a 21 year old rookie for crying out loud. He has to develope and learn what it is to be a rookie just like everyone else who started off as a rookie. Yes his talented in undeniable, but he has a mouth, that is no secret, and if he is running his mouth too much on and off the ice, i feel the coach should bench him indefinatley, until the coach, and players feel he's calmed down, is focused and ready to coexist with is teammates in a professional manner.

But some of you should really stop putting one player above the team. Every year its someone. Why is it this fanbase has this disease? And when this player is being ''mistreated'' or ''mishandled'', JM becomes the scapegoat. It is embarassing really...
you must be a guy who likes to be mind controlled and told what is best for you to do just because someone is 10 yrs older than you.

Age doesn't mean a ****ing thing , the habs veteran can't handle someone being affirmative that will treat everybody the same and will speak the same way to a 18 yrs than to a 35 yrs old. Veterans wants to be acknowledge as so , just for their own EGO , like they are big boss.

Stay the same PK

Lars Eller Superstar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 07:33 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Eller Superstar View Post
you must be a guy who likes to be mind controlled and told what is best for you to do just because someone is 10 yrs older than you.

Age doesn't mean a ****ing thing , the habs veteran can't handle someone being affirmative that will treat everybody the same and will speak the same way to a 18 yrs than to a 35 yrs old. Veterans wants to be acknowledge as so , just for their own EGO , like they are big boss.

Stay the same PK
for their ego ? right now it's the vets who are making this team win... and they also happen to have "knowledge" PK doesnt yet, they also have experience PK doesnt have yet either...

so yeah! stay the same ?? well, if you dont mind him not playing, suuuure...

argh sorry! I forgot... he's flashy so... yeah, stay the same PK, all the vets who have YEARS of experience will bow down to you soon, no worries...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 07:55 AM
Lars Eller Superstar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
for their ego ? right now it's the vets who are making this team win... and they also happen to have "knowledge" PK doesnt yet, they also have experience PK doesnt have yet either...

so yeah! stay the same ?? well, if you dont mind him not playing, suuuure...

argh sorry! I forgot... he's flashy so... yeah, stay the same PK, all the vets who have YEARS of experience will bow down to you soon, no worries...
its about bowing down to NOBODY ... what does the years of experience have to do with ANYTHING when it comes to talent , grit and dedication ?

The vets are making the team wins ??? Everybody is making the team wins , not just the vets.

They are saying to him : "stay , shut your mouth , we will tell you when you can show grit and intensity and when you can open your mouth , but until then , I am a 14 yrs old vet , I have my veteran card so rookie it is not right to be passionate and wanting more out of the team.

Gomez is a vet , and he's ****ing garbage , they should talk to him instead of hating on PK just because he doesn't make a difference about a 35 yrs old and a 18 yrs old.

PK have been playing hokcey for like 12 yrs , it's just that when somebody is younger than everybody else , the old person wants to control them , it's like that in Jobs also , no surprise , it's human nature ... It's not because he's a rookie that he doesn't have the right to talk in the dressing room and say the **** he wants out of passion for winning

Old
12-09-2010, 07:56 AM
chickenium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Eller Superstar View Post

Stay the same PK
If a guy who won a Stanley Cup gives you advice, you shut the hell up and take the advice. Mind control? WTF? You're the one with the ego if you're too proud to take pointers from guys who have won one of the biggest rewards in your line of work and you haven't done squat.

chickenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 08:03 AM
Lars Eller Superstar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenium View Post
If a guy who won a Stanley Cup gives you advice, you shut the hell up and take the advice. Mind control? WTF? You're the one with the ego if you're too proud to take pointers from guys who have won one of the biggest rewards in your line of work and you haven't done squat.
where does it says that PK is not receiving the pointers ? I'm saying that the vets are mad because he talks too much in the dressing room. He is standing up when GOMEZ plays like crap and have no worries telling him to step his game up ... Gomez doesn't like that that a "rookie" can tell him the truth ? Than GTFO

Old
12-09-2010, 08:13 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post

Bolded part is 100% completely wrong.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote