HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Next Years Lineup

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-08-2010, 02:30 PM
  #1
Habsrule
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 722
vCash: 500
Next Years Lineup

So I was looking up what our team will look like next year and please post your next years line-ups here.
(I rounded up for all of the existing contracts)

Cammalleri(6.0)--Plekanec(5.0)--Kostitsyn(RFA)
Pacioretty(RFA)--Gomez(7.4)--Gionta(5.0)
Pouliot(RFA)--Eller(1.3)--Darche(UFA)
Moen(1.5)--Lapierre(RFA)--White(RFA)
Pyatt(RFA)

That leaves Halpern who is a UFA off the team and Boyd who is a RFA not re-signed.


Markov(UFA)--Subban(0.9)
Gorges(RFA)--Spacek(3.9)
Weber(RFA)--Gill(UFA)
Picard(RFA)

That leaves just Hamrlik not re-signed.


Price 2.8
Ramo(RFA)


My guess for contracts will be Kostitsyn(3.5), Pacioretty(0.8), Pouliot(2.0), Darche(0.8), Lapierre(1.5), White(0.5), Pyatt(0.5), Markov(5.5), Gorges(3.5), Weber(0.8), Gill(1.5), Picard(0.8), Ramo(1.5).

That makes a grand total of approx 57 million.

Habsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 03:40 PM
  #2
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,679
vCash: 500
I figure we'll get some top 6 help and/or a top 4 defenseman. We have some cap space available this summer.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 03:52 PM
  #3
swimmer77
What's an ROW?
 
swimmer77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: in water
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsrule View Post
So I was looking up what our team will look like next year and please post your next years line-ups here.
(I rounded up for all of the existing contracts)

Cammalleri(6.0)--Plekanec(5.0)--Kostitsyn(RFA)
Pacioretty(RFA)--Gomez(7.4)--Gionta(5.0)
Pouliot(RFA)--Eller(1.3)--Darche(UFA)
Moen(1.5)--Lapierre(RFA)--White(RFA)
Pyatt(RFA)

That leaves Halpern who is a UFA off the team and Boyd who is a RFA not re-signed.


Markov(UFA)--Subban(0.9)
Gorges(RFA)--Spacek(3.9)
Weber(RFA)--Gill(UFA)
Picard(RFA)

That leaves just Hamrlik not re-signed.


Price 2.8
Ramo(RFA)


My guess for contracts will be Kostitsyn(3.5), Pacioretty(0.8), Pouliot(2.0), Darche(0.8), Lapierre(1.5), White(0.5), Pyatt(0.5), Markov(5.5), Gorges(3.5), Weber(0.8), Gill(1.5), Picard(0.8), Ramo(1.5).

That makes a grand total of approx 57 million.
I look at the defence and a couple of questions run through my mind. Who is going to pick up the slack if Markov goes down? That's a big question in itself. Who's gonna make Spacek a better player? Hamrlik plays a big role on this team and his spot needs to be filled - that's someone who contributes on the powerplay and PK, puts points on the board, blocks a ton of shots, plays a lot of minutes and plays solid D. Who is that going to be?

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 04:21 PM
  #4
Habitants
Registered User
 
Habitants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
I look at the defence and a couple of questions run through my mind. Who is going to pick up the slack if Markov goes down? That's a big question in itself. Who's gonna make Spacek a better player? Hamrlik plays a big role on this team and his spot needs to be filled - that's someone who contributes on the powerplay and PK, puts points on the board, blocks a ton of shots, plays a lot of minutes and plays solid D. Who is that going to be?
Emelin




but yeah Hammer is definitly very valuable...

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 04:23 PM
  #5
Picaroon
Registered User
 
Picaroon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,750
vCash: 500
Sign Hammer! He would be a steal at 3 mil.

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 04:40 PM
  #6
Felkov
Registered User
 
Felkov's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St-Hilaire
Country: Canada
Posts: 252
vCash: 500
Next year :

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta
Pouliot-Eller-Upshall
Moen-Lapierre-White

Markov-Subban
Hamrlik-Spacek
Emelin-Gorges

Price
Ramo

Realistic ?

Felkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 05:00 PM
  #7
Natedawg
Lars Eller
 
Natedawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,773
vCash: 500
Cammalleri[6] - Plekanec[5] - Kostitsyn[4]
Langenbrunner[3] - Gomez[7] - Gionta[5]
Pouliot[2] - Eller[1.2] - Pacioretty[.9]
Moen[1.5] - White[.8] - Lapierre[.9]
Darche[.5]

Markov[5] - Spacek[3.8]
Gill[2.5] - Gorges[3.5]
Emelin[1] - Subban[.8]
Weber[.8]

Price[2.75]
Ramo[.8]

Cap Hit = 57.75

Natedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 05:04 PM
  #8
Richiebottles
Big Mike !
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felkov View Post
Next year :

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta
Pouliot-Eller-Upshall
Moen-Lapierre-White

Markov-Subban
Hamrlik-Spacek
Emelin-Gorges

Price
Ramo

Realistic ?
Yes Sir . Spacegoat Agree's.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 05:56 PM
  #9
JuJu Mobb
Registered User
 
JuJu Mobb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 268
vCash: 500
Gill will be signed.

Moen & Pyatt are disposable. I hope White, Pacioretty and Palushaj make the team.

JuJu Mobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 06:04 PM
  #10
odishabs
Registered User
 
odishabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,948
vCash: 500
Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
Pouliot - Eller - Upshall
Moen - Lapierre - White

Markov - Subban
Spacek - Hamrlik
Gill - Gorges

Price
Sanford

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 06:12 PM
  #11
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk
 
Quarantesix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,502
vCash: 500
for it's

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
????-Gomez-Gionta
Pouliot-Eller-Pacioretty
Moen-????-????

Darche

I think the Habs will sign one or two of White,Pyatt and Lapierre and I hope they find one player to play on the second line.

on defense

Markov-Subban
Spacek-????
Gorges-???

They will sign Markov ,he worth taking the chance. After if they can sign Emelin, I think they will sign only one of Hammer or Gill. Weber might be sign or trade and Picard could be the 7th D .

Price
Auld(if he can win his share of game this year)

I think they will trade Ramo for a pick

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 06:17 PM
  #12
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,385
vCash: 50
They better resign Halpern...

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 06:35 PM
  #13
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby
 
RoyBoyCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lennoxville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
Andrei Kostitsyn / Tomas Plekanec / Michael Cammalleri [4+5+6 = 15]
Brooks Laich / Scott Gomez / Brian Gionta [3+7.3+5 = 15.3]
Benoit Pouliot / Lars Eller / Max Pacioretty [2+1.2+0.9 = 4.1]
Ben Eager / Maxim Lapierre / Ryan White [1+0.9+0.8 = 2.7]
Travis Moen [1.5]

Total Forwards = 38.6




PK Subban / Andrei Markov [0.875+5 = 5.875]
Roman Hamrlik / Tomas Kaberle [2.5+5 = 7.5]
Josh Gorges / Jaroslav Spacek [2+3.833 = 5.833]
Alexandre Picard [0.600]

Total Defenseman = 19.808



Carey Price [2.75]
Karri Ramo [0.8]

Total Goalies = 3.55




DAMN! What's the cap for next year?

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 06:38 PM
  #14
TheBuriedHab
Registered User
 
TheBuriedHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
Andrei Kostitsyn / Tomas Plekanec / Michael Cammalleri [4+5+6 = 15]
Brooks Laich / Scott Gomez / Brian Gionta [3+7.3+5 = 15.3]
Benoit Pouliot / Lars Eller / Max Pacioretty [2+1.2+0.9 = 4.1]
Ben Eager / Maxim Lapierre / Ryan White [1+0.9+0.8 = 2.7]
Travis Moen [1.5]

Total Forwards = 38.6




PK Subban / Andrei Markov [0.875+5 = 5.875]
Roman Hamrlik / Tomas Kaberle [2.5+5 = 7.5]
Josh Gorges / Jaroslav Spacek [2+3.833 = 5.833]
Alexandre Picard [0.600]

Total Defenseman = 19.808



Carey Price [2.75]
Karri Ramo [0.8]

Total Goalies = 3.55




DAMN! What's the cap for next year?
No to Kaberle at 7.5, and I would think Laich would get alittle more, but that would even out your salaries. Markov is not getting the same salary I hope. Cap is expected to go up between 2.5-3 million.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 06:41 PM
  #15
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby
 
RoyBoyCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lennoxville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
No to Kaberle at 7.5, and I would think Laich would get alittle more, but that would even out your salaries. Markov is not getting the same salary I hope. Cap is expected to go up between 2.5-3 million.
Kaberle at 5. Plus, Hamrlik at 2.5 Not Kaberle at 7.5, that'd be insane

And if it's going up that much, my team might get under the cap. I think it's around 62 million

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 06:42 PM
  #16
TheBuriedHab
Registered User
 
TheBuriedHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
Kaberle at 5. Plus, Hamrlik at 2.5 Not Kaberle at 7.5, that'd be insane

And if it's going up that much, my team might get under the cap. I think it's around 62 million

my bad. Looks good then!

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 06:52 PM
  #17
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,322
vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
PK Subban / Andrei Markov [0.875+5 = 5.875]
Roman Hamrlik / Tomas Kaberle [2.5+5 = 7.5]
I think it would be more realistic if you switched Markov's and Kaberle cap hit. Also the projected number for next year is $62m so your ok overall.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 07:16 PM
  #18
tizzel
 
tizzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
Andrei Kostitsyn / Tomas Plekanec / Michael Cammalleri [4+5+6 = 15]
Brooks Laich / Scott Gomez / Brian Gionta [3+7.3+5 = 15.3]
Benoit Pouliot / Lars Eller / Max Pacioretty [2+1.2+0.9 = 4.1]
Ben Eager / Maxim Lapierre / Ryan White [1+0.9+0.8 = 2.7]
Travis Moen [1.5]

Total Forwards = 38.6




PK Subban / Andrei Markov [0.875+5 = 5.875]
Roman Hamrlik / Tomas Kaberle [2.5+5 = 7.5]
Josh Gorges / Jaroslav Spacek [2+3.833 = 5.833]
Alexandre Picard [0.600]

Total Defenseman = 19.808



Carey Price [2.75]
Karri Ramo [0.8]

Total Goalies = 3.55




DAMN! What's the cap for next year?
i heard it will goes up to ~62.5

tizzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 06:51 AM
  #19
Vanek20
Drive for 25
 
Vanek20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,201
vCash: 500
Andrei Kostitsyn (4,000) - Tomas Plekanec (5,000) - Brian Gionta (5,000)
Max Pacioretty (0,900) - Brad Richards (6,250) - Micheal Cammalleri (6,000)
Benoit Pouliot (2,000) - Lars Eller (1,300) - Mathieu Darche (0,500)
Travis Moen (1,500) - Jeff Halpern (0,900) - Maxim Lapierre (0,900)
Tom Pyatt (0,500)

Andrei Markov (5,000) - Josh Gorges (3,000)
Tomas Kaberle (5,000) - PK Subban (0,900)
Roman Hamrlik (3,000) - Jaroslav Spacek (3,833)
Alexandre Picard (0,600)

Carey Price (2,750)
Karri Ramo (0,900)

Buy-out Gomez = 1,944 M

Salary cap : 61,677 M

That D is scary lol

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 07:24 AM
  #20
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby
 
RoyBoyCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lennoxville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I think it would be more realistic if you switched Markov's and Kaberle cap hit. Also the projected number for next year is $62m so your ok overall.
I have Markov and Kaberle at the exact same cap hit already

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 07:35 AM
  #21
Patty Roy
Registered User
 
Patty Roy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,713
vCash: 500
Alot can change between now and the start of the off-season, but it certainly looks like we can expect some sort of overhaul on D.

I would agree that White and Pacioretty are probably the guys to make the jump at the NHL level. I think the Habs will have the flexibility to add another forward via the UFA market...maybe someone in the 3 million range who could play on the 2nd/3rd line.

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta
Pouliot-Eller-UFA
Moen-Lapierre-White
Pyatt

Defence is anybody's guess. Gill i think will be re-signed...that should be a no brainer. What to do with Hamrlik and Markov is the big question. At this point i personally believe its time to walk away from Markov, but i may be in the minority on that one. What will happen with Hamrlik is largely dependant on how he does down the stretch and in the playoffs. If he maintains his current play than he might be brought back for another year or two at a reduced contract. If he starts to look his age then i say we hit the UFA market with alot of money to spend for defenceman.

My hope is that Ramo comes over to back up Price as well next season.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 08:06 AM
  #22
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
I have Markov and Kaberle at the exact same cap hit already
Yeah I really don't see what about your post is confusing people but it clearly is lmao.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 08:25 AM
  #23
HabsSlappy
Registered User
 
HabsSlappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Very few people even mentioning Halpern. The guy has been one of our best players and has been a big part of our success.

Kostitsyn (3.75) - Plekanec (5) - Cammy (6)
Top 6 (4) - Gomez (7.4) - Gionta (5)
Pouliot (2) - Eller (1.3) - Pacioretty (0.8)
Moen (1.5) - Halpern (1.25) - Lapierre (0.9)
Darche/Pyatt (0.6)
Total (35.5)

Markov (4.5) - Subban (0.9)
Gorges (2.5) - Spacek (3.8)
Weber (0.6) - Gill (2)
Picard (0.6)
Total (14.9)

Price (2.5)
Backup Goalie (1)
Total (3.5)

Total 58 Million

HabsSlappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 08:35 AM
  #24
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy View Post
Alot can change between now and the start of the off-season, but it certainly looks like we can expect some sort of overhaul on D.

I would agree that White and Pacioretty are probably the guys to make the jump at the NHL level. I think the Habs will have the flexibility to add another forward via the UFA market...maybe someone in the 3 million range who could play on the 2nd/3rd line.

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta
Pouliot-Eller-UFA
Moen-Lapierre-White
Pyatt

Defence is anybody's guess. Gill i think will be re-signed...that should be a no brainer. What to do with Hamrlik and Markov is the big question. At this point i personally believe its time to walk away from Markov, but i may be in the minority on that one. What will happen with Hamrlik is largely dependant on how he does down the stretch and in the playoffs. If he maintains his current play than he might be brought back for another year or two at a reduced contract. If he starts to look his age then i say we hit the UFA market with alot of money to spend for defenceman.

My hope is that Ramo comes over to back up Price as well next season.
I think you're right. Habs will let go of some guys like Halpern etc in order to take on guys like White, Pacioretty etc.

Reason? Simple. In order to get value for dollar situations in terms of cap space. This is how teams win cups these days they build from within and get as many high value per dollar players as possible. Obviously Gomez is not one of those players but while we have Gomez whose overpaid and maybe 500k-1mil worth of overpayment elsewhere (Hammer and Spacek proving their value as of late) other teams have 5+ million in overpayment just not all their eggs in one basket like we do. Almost any team overpays a few player so to me the issue is a moot point if people are going to bring it up. We can still build a hell of a team with Gomer and I think he'll pick it up for the playoffs at the very least.

Next year and I won't bother with the cap stuff...

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Semin(6.5)-Gomez-Gionta
Pouliot-Eller-Pacioretty (if he's a crybaby about playing top 9 and not 6 just trade him, we don't need crybabies on the team we need people willing to put in the time and work hard. This is a very good line for a 3rd line and he shouldn't have a right to complain if the ice time is good still.)
That leaves the rest for the bottom line, I say bring up White, let some others go.

To be honest the team is showing right now that we don't necessarily need Markov. I think an addition like Semin to the top 6 would be good enough. We would then have a lethal top 9 in terms of scoring, we wouldn't be Philly but we'd be a damn good team.

Don't re-sign Markov unless he's willing to take a paycut and sign for shorter terms let another team take that risk. I love Markov but if some of the UFA's out there are really going to be available I wouldn't cry about:

Kaberle(5)-Subban
Hammer(3)-Spacek
Gorges-Weber
Picard

We need depth at D people say. Carle is no longer being slowed down by injuries, Henry could fill in at worst, I'm not saying it's ideal but really I wouldn't be too worried. By bringing up guys like Weber/White and already having Subban, we can afford to let some players walk.

The question is, is it affordable, will those players hit the market? etc.

Gagne gets an HM if Semin does get signed. He could have a bad year this year and end up signing a 1 year deal again, more likely that he signs cheaper this time if coming off a bad season.

If he does in fact do that then maybe Markov would be worth taking the risk on because then we'd get an affordable top 6 player.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 08:54 AM
  #25
TinordiandSubban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,401
vCash: 500
Tough decisions in the cap era!

Gauthier made a tough call last year by trading Halak, which has worked out beautifully. This off-season it's another tough decision, keep Markov or not.
Unlike Halak, there is no one able to step into Markov's skates internally and of the UFA crop available, only Kaberle could do a similar job.

I would bring back Hamrlik and Markov, but I also wanted to keep both Halak and Price. I also want to keep Gill, Halpern, Pyatt and Darche.

Which is why I'm not a GM.

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.